Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who's next [Selena&Finn]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Shin Sekai 

Who's next [Selena&Finn] Empty Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:55 pm

Shin Sekai
"Today is the day that I get to show off my skills!" Shin said as he fixed gi and Hair as he left his room at the Inn to head to the Domus Flau. On his way to he stopped by and picked a rose dim red rose and placed it in his hair Now I can put my full power on display when I get there, he thought as he ran all the way to the colosseum with a smile on his face. As he waited for them to call him for his open fight challenge.  Shin watched the other matches as they came and went by I have to prove that I can do way more than what I was taught. he thought to himself as the time for his chance to fight some strong people. Shin watched the last match every closely as he made mental notes of what not to do and he can do. "Now it'sa time for tha open fight call everyone!!" the announcer stated as Shin rushed to out on to the arena "I'm Shin Sekai and I welcome anyone that wanted to fight me!" he said every enthusiastically while the crowd looked on to see who would fight him or try anyway. Oh come on Sekai you can do this-this is what mom and day have been trying to get me to do for years. he told himself as he started to shake in fear that he messed up somehow "Did...I...Say am a Fairy Tail mage?" he said with less confidence in his voice rolling up his right sleeve to show his guild mark.

#2Tenshi † 

Who's next [Selena&Finn] Empty Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:14 pm

Tenshi †
Finn had come to the Domus Flau finally, but not with the intent to fight necessarily. He had heard of it through his travels in Crocus, and the coliseum's fame spread much further than the Capitol city. Upon his arrival, though, there was a spark that lit within his chest. A warm feeling of his blood pumping faster, his body preparing itself to distribute adrenaline to every facet of his physical being. Reaching his hand to his back, where his blade now lay, his fingers dropped down the hilt as if to sooth a wild creature.

"I'll do it." The words were directed to himself, but nearby viewers would easily mistake the boy for talking to the blade on his back. With that said, he swept himself from the crowds of spectators and made his way to an area in which he could volunteer to participate.

Within the hour, the paperwork was filled out and Finn was told that he could join in at any time. Today, supposedly, was more of a round robin day. Anyone could come, anyone could go, and anything could happen. None of the big-shots showed up, but Finn didn't need to find a guild master to get in a good fight. Someone would show up, that was for sure.

Confirmation appeared in the form of a boy with red hair, a single flower tucked within the strands. He had stepped forward with such confidence, but the boy seemed to be just a random participant. Finn would wait to see what was to be shown before he-

"Did...I...Say am a Fairy Tail mage?"

A mage from Fairy Tail? Whoever he was, he'd be a person that would be willing to put his all on the line. This person was someone who had long since stepped out of the realm of the normal man. He was a warrior, regardless of what his weapon of choice was. Leaping at the chance, Finn rushed into the stadium from the room where only he had been.

Entering the arena, and glancing around at the footing that was provided, Finn finally turned his attention to the Fairy Tail mage. The distance between them was still about ten meters, maybe slightly less. Finn had entered from behind the mage, doing nothing to alert him of his presence, and the crowd watched in baited silence as to not give away Finn's presence until Finn himself wished to reveal himself.

"I will fight you! I'm Finn from Blue Pegasus!"

Who's next [Selena&Finn] D09aavQ
#3Selena Maelstrom 

Who's next [Selena&Finn] Empty Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:16 pm

Selena Maelstrom
Today Selena had decided to spend the day in the Domus Flau, one of the tourist hot spots in the holy capital and it was clear to see why. Selena watched matches from almost every category in every style. From sumo wrestling to arm wrestling and Karate to Ninjitsu. Selena was rather enjoying her time in the Colosseum despite the over reactive crowd and the constant yelling of food clerics to buy their products. It was a small price to pay for a rather enjoyable day. Then something unexpected happened. The announcer called for an open fight. Selena instantly perked up. It was the first time she had heard of anything in a Colosseum such as this.

Selena quickly hopped from her seat and began to wading through the crowd throwing in an "Excuse me." or "sorry" every time she bumped into someone, which happened to be every single person on her row of seats. Once at the steps which lead to a stall which doubled as a ticket broker and official sign up for contestants, Selena jumped every flight of stairs, 4 in total until she reached the entrance to the stall. As she headed in she could barely hear the voice of one of the contestants declaring his name. Selena disregarded it and turned her attention to the sign up sheet. The sheet had very personal questions, some of which she was not very comfortable in answering, but never the less did. After spending a few minutes extra trying to decide her weight Selena made her way to the entrance to the fighting area. As she arrived she immediately noticed to boys, one with red hair who seemed to be in the center of the are the area while the the was just making his way in.

After the red haired boy reassured the crowd he was in a formidable guild the next boy came and announced himself. This one was from blue Pegasus and seemed to be far more equipped wielding some sort of sword. So a guild about friendship and strength, and a guild of beauty. Well needless to say the two seemed to fit their bill rather well. The Red haired boy seemed ready to fight in his gi, although a little lacking on confidence. The other boy which Selena could now see was blonde seemed to be the shouta type. Young and rather cute looking boy. Of course Selena could not take any of this into account into their abilities as fighters, that would come later.

Selena herself then stepped forward and made her presence known. She was in front of the red haired boy so he would have probably seen Selena already. "I guess I'll fight you two then. Two as in the both of you in case you were a bit slow there." Selena said, shooting a look to the red haired boy followed with a wink. "My name is Selena Maelstrom, of the Rune Knights!" She announced stretching, trying to hide her eagerness. It was good luck that Selena was wearing her usual Rune knight attire. A simple outfit consisting of A Navy T-shirt with streaks of pink and matching navy shorts, with a pair of black runners with a slight heel on them although not visibly noticeable. Selena too stood roughly 10 meters away from the red haired boy too. All the time she was stretching Selena kept her guard up in case either of the two boys decided it would be a good idea to attack while she was vulnerable. This was Selena's first Free for all so she was not sure what to expect but she did know to keep her guard up.

Who's next [Selena&Finn] BLlZQ5m
#4Shin Sekai 

Who's next [Selena&Finn] Empty Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:03 pm

Shin Sekai
Shin jumped a little when he heard Finn speak "Oh...Well thanks for jumping in Finn." he said with a slight hint of fear in his voice as he took three steps back Well I guess it's someone right can't be picky now anyway he thought as a women with blue hair came down and also agreed to fight him. "Ruin...Knight..." he muttered with anger in his voice at the fact that heh lost his first fight ever to a Ruin Knight, but he quickly pushed that aside as the crowd started to cheer for them to start the fight.

Shin side stepped four feet to make a make a triangle and bowed to both of them "Finn, Selena lets do right by our guilds and give them a show." he said with a smile "Say when this is over why don't we get a drink as friends?" taking a boxings stance and charges at Selena throwing a left hook followed by a right and then a leg sweep. He back flipped six meters away from her as he tried to get adjusted to fighting two peopel Man this is really hard to do but I think I can probably hold at least one of them back. he thought as thinking of all the spells that would help him.

He wondered just what Finn and Selena's magic was and if he be able to take block them if he need to which would more than likely happen as it was a battle of mages from some of the more powerful guilds.

#5Tenshi † 

Who's next [Selena&Finn] Empty Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:37 pm

Tenshi †
As Selena made her way into the field, Finn watched as Shin re-positioned himself to make a triangle. Selena was twenty meters away from him, and due to Shin's new spot he was now just over ten meters away. Within a few moments time, the fight had begun. Shin turned and immediately charged at Selena, and Finn used this time to move forward at the same speed that Shin had. Finn made sure that by the time that Shin had reached Selena, he would be positioned ten meters away from the both of them. As Shin did his opening attacks, Selena would be free to react however she wanted. At the end, assuming he was still physically able, Shin begun back-flipping to regain distance between himself and Selena.

He had made a mistake, though, as he had not done anything to keep his incredibly long hair tamed during that time. The hair flipped and flowed, likely obscuring most of Shin's view during that time. It was during these flips that Finn shot forward, quickly reaching his full speed. After Shin had covered two or three meters with his backflipping (as he was no where near strong enough to cover six meters with a single backflip), Finn had reached him. At the time that Finn reached Shin, Shin was at the part of a backflip that placed his hands on the ground. Finn had no idea what sort of magic this man used, but there weren't many magicians who could cast magic when their hands could not be used.

Since Shin's hands were just contacting the ground at the moment that Finn was within striking range, the chance to react would be nearly impossible. Hell, there was even a chance that Shin hadn't noticed Finn yet due to his long hair, but regardless Shin would be on his hands, facing towards Finn, when Finn shoved his blade forward, the point aimed directly for Shin's stomach. Without armor or some sort of magic, the blade would be free to pass into the soft skin and damage internal organs, which would likely end Shin's fight right then and there.

During this whole time, Finn would also keep Selena in his peripherals for any signs of motion or change in appearance/surrounding. He might not be able to react perfectly, but he'd be able to see and process any attack that she'd pose from there- If she chose to at all.

#6Selena Maelstrom 

Who's next [Selena&Finn] Empty Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:03 pm

Selena Maelstrom
"Say when this is over why don't we get a drink as friends?" Shin said. Selena immediately clicked her fingers in response. "Excellent idea. looser buys the drinks?" Selena said with a soft smile as her skin emitted a very thin transparent liquid. Although it was a little sneaky the liquid almost like sweat acted as a very feeble barrier. Still it wasn't as if magic was against the rules.

Selena all limbered up now was awaiting the first move, which surprisingly came from Shin. Beforehand shin had taken a boxing stance so Selena knew what to expect. His long red hair trailed in the wind as he ran towards Selena. His speed was average but with the distance as it was it seemed quick. Selena quickly raised both arms up on her chest in anticipation. The first hit took out the barrier surrounding Selena. The next hit came from his right, exactly what Selena was expecting, the classic boxing one too. Selena then slid her left foot back and reached out with both her hands to grab the arm. If she was successful she would grab on tight, digging her ails into the boys skin. The instant she had caught him she would duck down suddenly and harshly, pulling his arm a little harder to try and  to stop any more movement  in case he tried to retaliate, but not so much that he would fall over. Since her left foot was already slid back, Selena used it to push herself off and behind him as soon as she had ducked down. Once behind his back with his arm still held, Selena would force his arm up very harshly in the hopes of dislocating it. Once that was done Selena would jump backwards, still trying to see what Finn would do. This whole strategy would only work if Selena could grab his arm, otherwise she would take all the hits from Shin.

Spell:

#7Shin Sekai 

Who's next [Selena&Finn] Empty Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:10 pm

Shin Sekai
As he punched Selena he felt as if she had put on way too much oil or something as his first punch just slipped off of her with ease. What the hell does she have some type of water magic!? he thought as he throw his right hook Selena grabbed his arm and twisted it behind him "Okay okay I see you have some cool tricks but so do I." he told her as he saw that Finn was about to make his move. He felt his arm being forced into a rather uncomfortable position. Okay just use a spell any spell. he told himself as he felt more pain than before.

Shin flicked his left wrist creating a 10 feet long whip made of thorns and went to wrap it around Finn's sword to get Selena to let him go and then once she let go wrap her up with the whip. Why did I go with that spell out of all my spells the one I should have started with! he told himself as he felt should have planned his attack better

Spell:

#8Tenshi † 

Who's next [Selena&Finn] Empty Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:08 pm

Tenshi †
OOC:

Upon reaching ten meters, Finn was able to see how the situation had changed. Selena, due to her armor, was able to brush off Shin's attack. If he had assessed the situation first, he'd have been able to react accordingly. This is what happened when people were new to combat. Finn closed two meters during this time, continuing forward.

Once the distance was five meters, Finn would notice that Shin had moved his other hand. Considering that one of the hands was already held up, he could only assume that Shin was using a spell. What confused Finn, however, was that the spell was at him instead of Selena. The vine must have been aimed in a panic, as it went directly for Finn's blade. Moving it inward, the vine would shoot past the blade and disappear (since the spell was an instant, not a sustained).

During this time, Finn had continued moving forward. Selena would have dislocated Shin's shoulder by this point and would begin leaping back. During the time when Shin's shoulder became dislocated, his mind would likely be too clouded by pain to properly assess his surroundings- Like, for example, the spinning heel kick that Finn was sending for the side of Shin's head, aiming to collide with the base of the jaw and the side of the neck.

Once the kick was sent, Finn would react accordingly. If Shin was taken out of the fight with that, he would turn his sights to Selena. If the attack was dodge, Finn would spin and dash forward to impale Shin upon his sword. If the attack was blocked and Shin remained standing, Finn would slam the hilt of the sword into Shin's face, potentially breaking the boys nose and ending the boys fight in a much rougher way.

#9Selena Maelstrom 

Who's next [Selena&Finn] Empty Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:41 am

Selena Maelstrom
As Selena had dislocated Shin's arm, giving a rather loud crack as if she had broken it which in turn reverberated around the coliseum, he said he had some cool tricks too, but by that time he had seemed panicked. Selema trailed with her cobalt eyes and noticed that Shin was commanding a whip made of thorns towards finn. Selena clicked her tounge silently. The one of only two magics she was weak to. Luckily it seemed as though Finn was making his attack now after makingna skillful dodge, but at this point Selena had already jumped outa there a full speed, giving Selena a perfect view at 13 meters away from the two skirmishing boys. Finn's movements were slick and fluid and he left fery little margin of error. Selena tried to look to see any signs of Finn's strength and speed, it was difficult to tell before since she was caught up with Shin. All Selena could do now was wasit to see how shin would react to Finn's aggressive attack.

#10Shin Sekai 

Who's next [Selena&Finn] Empty Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:42 pm

Shin Sekai
As Shin's shoulder was dislocated he felt a lot of pain She really dislocated my Arm... he thought as he held his arm and looked around to see where Finn was only to be hit by a spinning heel kick aimed for his lower jaw and the side of the neck. He fell to the ground faster than a log Man why are they so strong? he asked himself as he tried to pick himself up only to fall back down still holding his shoulder. The medics quickly came to take Shin off the battlefield and rushed him to the infirmary.

#11Tenshi † 

Who's next [Selena&Finn] Empty Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:53 pm

Tenshi †
As Finn's attack landed and sent Shin back, Finn would continue with the twist until both of his feet were on the ground again. As Shin fell and landed, Finn began walking sideways. Selena was currently thirteen meters away from him, and Finn was slowly whittling this distance down as he walked sideways, slowly cutting down on the distance.

As Shin was removed almost immediately, it was just the two of them on the field now. If Selena did anything to try to increase the distance again, Finn would immediately begin moving to cut the distance down to ten meters (with an advantage in speed since he was already in movement, and Selena would either have to backpedal or turn first).

Once the distance was established, Finn would follow forwards to maintain 10 meters if Selena tried to escape or avoid it. If she came at him, he would react accordingly. During this time, Finn decided to speak.

"So, are you ready to go?"

During that time, he would make sure he never dropped his guard.

#12Selena Maelstrom 

Who's next [Selena&Finn] Empty Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:00 am

Selena Maelstrom
Shin was quickly bested by Finn, not even attempting to retaliate. Selena frowned. Had she gone to hard? Dislocating his shoulder was kinda mean but she could have just as easily crushed his wind pipe to end things quickly. Nevertheless she still had one more opponent, The Blue Pegasus' Finn.

The playing field seemed fairly even. Neither Selena nor Finn had sustained any massive damage, if any at all. Finn almost immediately Seemed to close the gap, but gradually. Selena followed , moving her body around every time Finn moved around her. He asked if she was ready to go. Selena replied with a snap of her fingers to re-cast her defensive spell then replied "Of course. Shame about shin though, we only just got started." As she was saying this Selena kept her guard up, making sure to not leave fin with any openings. As she was speaking she also raised her hands in a boxing stance similar to Shin before the medics carted him away. Selena was positive she was going to win, although it would be a lot harder now since Finn was armed with a weapon, but at least she had spells to use, and as of right now Finn showed no sign of any magical ability, although one could never be too careful.

#13Tenshi † 

Who's next [Selena&Finn] Empty Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:16 pm

Tenshi †
Selena was keeping a heavy eye on him, keeping her body towards him while back pedaling to ensure that the distance between them was managed. That being said, she was not fast enough to outrun him backwards. Plus, as Finn pressed forward, the wall behind her grew closer. Within a short time, she would have her back pressed against the wall. With no real way to shoot past Finn, the distance would only close.

As Finn decided to begin closing the gap again, he began pressing forward. His breath was coming in steady gasps- If there was one thing that he'd best a mage in, it was his physical ability. As Finn pressed forward and closed the gap to eight meters, he had noticed her snap her fingers. However, no such liquid came off her body- Not like the first time. The water that had previously defended her was no where to be seen. Was this a trick? Perhaps a completely other spell?

Finn had learned early on that fate didn't reward the passive. He had to take action. Continuing to press forward, the distance would sink to five meters as she raised her hands in a boxing position, with the wall of the stadium being ten meters behind her now. The distances were set in stone- She'd have to stand and fight him soon, or try to shoot by him. Due to the round stadium and him having the advantage of being on the inside (as well as equal speeds), such a thing would be nearly impossible. He'd catch her eventually- And he was still pressing forward at the calculated speed, slowly closing the gap. His sword was in both hands, ready to move when ever, and rocking back and forth with every step with only a few inches of variation. This fight was about to start back up.

#14Selena Maelstrom 

Who's next [Selena&Finn] Empty Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:21 pm

Selena Maelstrom
As finn closed in Selena opened her left palm and clicked her fingers again. This time she would use her spell the way she intended to. Not only that but as she clicked them she would also flick her wrists to cover her arms in some water for attacking. To finn the first spell would just look like sweat but really a feeble barrier was covering Selena's skin. It also helped the fact that she had a few beads of literal sweat on her brow. That sword seemed fierce and somethjng Selena wasn't too keen on getting to know on a first hand basis. As soon as she clicked her fingers and flicked her wrists, she would make it a fist again. Finn was still closing in but Selena had acted. Selena first punched outwards despite being 4 meters from finn (since she was sprinting at him) She punched to launch a ball of water at finn,  originating from her fist. The the punch and ball were aimed slightly more to fins left si that half of the ball would hit is left if it hit him at all,  this was done so he would more than likely dodge to his right (Selena's left). If he done Selena would continue her charge to Finn at full speed. Once in range she would raise her right hand to hold the bladd and stop the blade from moving or at least attacking a vital area while throwing a punch to his closest temple with her left fist. However if Finn would decided to take the hit and not move Selena would try to run away from finn. Although if all went according to plan she wouldn't need to.

Mana 450/550:

#15Tenshi † 

Who's next [Selena&Finn] Empty Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:55 pm

Tenshi †
As Selena snapped her finger again, Finn could watch the water trace into a thin sheen over her body, reflecting light as a confirmation that it was indeed there. The defense formed a uniform layer, rather than individual beads (according to the spells description itself). Then, she also formed a pair of gauntlets made out of water. Very interesting. With another addition, Selena quickly punched outward to send a water pulse at Finn.

Selena had begun sprinting towards him, moving approximately 15m/s. Finn, likewise, was moving forward at approximately 15m/s. This would put Finn in front of Selena in a fraction of a second, too quick for most to react- With his blade pointed forward as if to impale. It had already been proven to Finn that there were highly advanced medical mages near by- As long as he didn't kill the opponent, they'd be saved without hesitation.

As Selena punched forward, the water would hit the blade and disperse immediately, as Finn was already on her due to his speed. Due to the speed they were moving towards each other to close the gap, even though she was 4 meters way when the punch started, he was practically at her by the time the punch finished. The moment the water hit the blade and Selena would register it to try to turn away from him, the blade would find its mark on her throat- Cutting through the scales and piercing into her windpipe part way. While this would not kill her, it would give her two options- Surrender and seek immediate medical attention, or suffocate on her own blood.

#16Selena Maelstrom 

Who's next [Selena&Finn] Empty Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:37 am

Selena Maelstrom
It had all happened too quick. Selena had moved but so had Finn. She had gravely misjudged the situation. Perhaps it was cockiness, perhaps stupidity, either was Selena was in a terrible way. By the time she had made her punch Finn was on her. He had his two hands on the sword and was thrusting it upwards to her throat. However the blade was horizontal as it moved up, so it would be caught by Selena's Arm as she punched out. The blade would first hit her arm, slicing into it. The sharp pain registered into Selena's head the instant it happened. She knew she could not run away with a blade in her right arm. So instead she used the blade in her arm as some leverage, despite the excruciating pain, to help moving around (and pull Finn Slightly towards her.) and hope to hit Finn his temple to knock him out. There was nothing else to do. This was either going to work or fail, but either way Selena would be happy to go down. Finn was an excellent fighter so there was no shame. And most importantly there was nothing important riding on this one fight.

#17Tenshi † 

Who's next [Selena&Finn] Empty Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:57 am

Tenshi †
Selena's plan had almost worked. In the end, it came down to the fact that it would take a grand master, a legendary warrior with thousands of battles and years of training, to land a hit while in that situation. Her arm was slightly impaled, though there was not enough power to fully impale her arm- Only shatter her scales and press into it an inch or two. However, there was still the matter that it was Selena taking taking damage there, not Finn. She was stabbed, her arm thrown into her body and her body thrown off balance. Even if she wasn't to fall, which it seemed like she wasn't, how could a punch find it's mark? The fist grazed in front of his face, the two or three inches she was shoved back more than enough to make her completely miss his face.

With that done, Finn would release his blade and step forward, twisting all the while to slam his elbow into the side of her head. She was off balance, she was bleeding, and Finn was going off momentum. His attack was moving at his own speed, and at this point the likeliness of her dodging, blocking or staying conscious after the attack was almost non-existent. This fight, it seemed, would end here.

#18Selena Maelstrom 

Who's next [Selena&Finn] Empty Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:58 am

Selena Maelstrom
No. Inches, literal inches. It almost had worked. Inches mere inches. It was going to be a while before she could get over this, When she woke again she wasn't in the arena but some sort of hospital. "Now dear just relax, those bandages should be done in a few hours." One of the older mages called over as she was tending to a familiar red haired boy. There was sicking clicking noises as bone were replaced and terrible wails as more patients came in. Selena was not really listening though. "Finn huh. I'll have to remember that." Selena said as she slumped back in the bed to sleep a little. She had already memorized their scents so if she was close to either of them, they better be ready.

Exit

Last edited by Selena Maelstrom on Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

#19Tenshi † 

Who's next [Selena&Finn] Empty Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:43 am

Tenshi †
With the battle finished, Finn realized that there was no more reason to be here. Selena was instantly grabbed and dragged off the battle, healing magic already being cast upon her. Luckily enough, his blade wasn't enough to pierce deep. Her tendons had been protected by her muscle, and due to that the main damage with her was the swelling in the brain that began shortly after his elbow connected with her skull. Finn was not one to take it easy on women- A warrior was a warrior. Gender played no part. To show her mercy would be to disrespect her, and Finn had respect for anyone willing to do battle. Turning and grabbing his sword off the ground, he cringed as he realized the repairs that he had to get done to it. To be without his blade for a few days didn't sound promising, but he had to do it. Making his way out of Domus Flau, the boy engraved the two into his mind. Next time, they'd cross as friends- Possibly even a rematch.

-exit-

#20gmmgmg 

Who's next [Selena&Finn] Empty Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:35 pm

gmmgmg

Finn,

The emblem in your inventory starts to glow as the number two appears on it. It seems like that the tournament will begin in two days. It's time finish what you were doing around here because on Monday the emblem will teleport you straight to Baska Town.

#21gmmgmg 

Who's next [Selena&Finn] Empty Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:36 pm

gmmgmg

Selena,

The emblem in your inventory starts to glow as the number two appears on it. It seems like that the tournament will begin in two days. It's time finish what you were doing around here because on Monday the emblem will teleport you straight to Baska Town.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum