Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hammer Time [Solo Quest]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Izanagi Aurum 

Hammer Time [Solo Quest] Empty Tue May 09, 2023 11:22 am

Izanagi Aurum
Aurum realized his sword needed some attention after a few encounters. So he went to see the city smith. Fortunately, a quest for the forge had been posted. Magnolia's streets are rarely vacant or calm, despite being large enough to accommodate whatever festival or event that could be taking place. However, it appeared to be more busy than usual today, maybe due to something going on, but he did not deviate. He slowly pushed everyone aside, trying his best to get through the crowd. Magnolia has become renowned and appreciated for its vibrant atmosphere. I fully see why my mother wanted to go here. "After everything we've lost, this place appears to be strong enough to remind us... we were alive."

Everything slowed down as he abruptly stopped moving. For a brief period, he noticed her beaming back at him. Aurum ran through the crowds, but it was all in his head. "Maybe it was enough for you... but for me..." he held himself, feeling colder than usual. His eyes moistened, lost in his own thoughts, looking at nothing, he is startled awake by the smashing sound of hammer striking steel.

He arrived at the metal worker's place after following the banging sound. The man had a muscular frame and was pretty tall, which I suppose comes with the job. The colossal goliath appears to be preoccupied, pounding away at some metal. But he comes to a halt as he discovers Aurum looking back at him. They exchanged pleasantries before explaining what they were about to do. However, since it's a smith, Aurum believed he'd be pounding all day. That's why he wore something more casual for the event.

The smith's helper, who has a hammer in his hand, places a soft metal right from the forge on the anvil for Aurum. He proceeded to pound the metal, which was burning red, without any thinking. As he started striking the piece, something strangely resonated inside him. Memories flooded his mind, and he merely beat the metal again and again, loud enough to carry over the deafening throng of people. Frustration, anguish, agony, and grief were all being hammered into that blade.

After some time had passed, the sword had lost much of its radiance. Hammering is a highly helpful method for changing the form of metals and punching holes in them. It is an indispensable tool for any blacksmith. But it was more than simply a method for Aurum; it was healing. Barras left his position at the end of the day and approached Aurum with the flattened sword he had hammered for so long. The smith was impressed with the job, much to his surprise. The blacksmith provided the promised reward, but not before extending an invitation to his workshop.

Suffice it to say, he left with a smile and a promise to return as regularly as possible. However, he had forgotten about his blade halfway back to the guild. “No! I can't believe I forgot... "I guess I'll have to come back tomorrow," he replied, pulling his arm to the back of his head.

WC: 512

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum