Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gift for Healing Salve I.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Diana Delgado 

Gift for Healing Salve I. Empty Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:19 pm

Diana Delgado

WORDS: 250 | Hello Nurse!

“How's that?” If nothing else offered a chance to indulge her softer side with her latest little excursion, Sophie Sequoia let loose cooing words as she lay something cool and just that little bit moist across the brow of a figure who had certainly seemed to be given rather a rawer deal than she ever had, and in that seemed to have earned every ounce and more of the tenderness which she could provide. Heading to a land of innovation and discovery in the hope of learning something but stricken by the horror of what she had found inside, while the path of the scholar was what this fuchsia fox had always followed and likely would continue to do so, that didn't mean she was without her sense of compassion, and that was in rather high demand in a land which had been ravaged by disease.

“Hang in there, okay? The doctors are working night and day?” Once held as a technological marvel the likes of which eclipsed the rest of the world, even with the gift of enlightenment as far as the merger of magic and machinery had gone this land had not been spared the horrors which fate could inflict, and some might have even claimed that this was some kind of retribution for that very success. Seeming to upset the natural order of things, innovation had seemed to become the new idol to worship while gods had seemed to have been forgotten, and so perhaps this was why their people now suffered? Who was to know?

Smart is the new Sexy

- Sophie Sequoia

credit to nat of adoxography.

#2Diana Delgado 

Gift for Healing Salve I. Empty Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:20 pm

Diana Delgado

WORDS: 400 | Hello Nurse!

Feels I'm finally starting to get used to this body? Matters of theology something which never seemed to hold that much interest with Miss Sequoia, all that the perky pinkette knew was that there were people here who needed her aid, and thankfully she had been given the means to offer it as well. Marvelling as she had been given the chance to 'inhabit' a new body which had been constructed with a mix of spellcraft and science, it had been something of an adjustment to say the least, I can tell you.

Very useful in this, isn't it~? No longer seeming to be bound by the needs of the flesh or at least the majority of them, the fair femme had little need to worry about things like germs and the transmission of conventional viruses and bacteria, which had made her an ideal candidate as a nurse here. I mean, she knew anatomy as well as any other graduate of a magical university, and while recuperative care had never been her speciality she had proven both a fast learner, and a kind heart as well. Just what the people here needed, right?

Smart is the new Sexy

- Sophie Sequoia

#3Diana Delgado 

Diana Delgado

WORDS: 650 | Hello Nurse!

Pity they weren't available for the locals, isn't it? Even with the effort she had gone to in order to offer these poor afflicted souls her aid unable to fully shake her feeling of guilt however, Sophie couldn't help but wonder about the new state she found herself in, and why it was a blessing which she had received but the populace as a whole had not. Left only to speculate on such things, she had to guess or perhaps hope that this interface between herself and the machine was something which had been developed as a reaction to the recent adversity, rather than crueller notions. Not that, by this point, it would have mattered either way.

They're not in anything close to a good state? The sheer scale of the problem which she and the others who found themselves working here leaving the lass to sigh breathlessly, the fuchsia fox couldn't help but look over the rows of wards which were flooded by bodies with a sense of sombre sadness, and found more reasons for her heart to pang with them.
I wish I knew some spells or something which might be able to help them? Certainly able to offer these people her energy and enthusiasm but feeling that her expertise fell rather far short of what was required, while she was trying not to lose heart Miss Sequoia found herself cursing the limits to her own learning, and especially so when it came to the breadth of her understanding when it came to magic. She knew a lot, after all, but clearly not enough either…

Smart is the new Sexy

- Sophie Sequoia

#4Diana Delgado 

Diana Delgado

WORDS: 850 | Hello Nurse!

I'd ask why people like Professor Reyn hadn't volunteered, but they're hardly field ready, are they? Pausing in place as she mulled over such issues and felt herself drawn into a competition of comparison through that, Sophie couldn't help but remember teachers and colleagues she had met in the past who would likely have proven far better at helping to tackle the disease rather than the symptoms like she was, and questioned why they weren't here. Though, the answer to such a query was rather obvious, really.

I suppose that's where I have my boons? That very same expertise and experience seeming to come at a cost which she had paid but others had not, perhaps there was some comfort in the fact that she knew that she had flourished in ways that she suspected they had not, though a cold one still.
Always ready for the frontier, especially since joining my new guild? Raising her hand and squeezing it into a fist as she remembered the strained circumstance she had found on no small number of expeditions, the beauty knew that she could find her way through battles and other hazards with far better grace than she would have expected of these associates, and ever more so after making her most recent friends as well. Though, even then, that didn't stop her from wanting to do better.

Smart is the new Sexy

- Sophie Sequoia

#5Diana Delgado 

Gift for Healing Salve I. Empty Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:21 pm

Diana Delgado

WORDS: 1050 | Hello Nurse!

Still… Looking over all this? Unable to block out the feeling of disappointment she had in herself regardless of what achievements of her own she thought of, trips to forgotten founts of knowledge and remarkable ruins didn't seem to quite compare to being able to solve this crisis, or even simply seem to spare these people even a fraction of their suffering.
I'd happily trade a spell or three for a bit better understanding of alchemy or a barrel of healing salve… Once more seeming to try to let loose a breath she did not need as she lamented what she had chosen to focus on, while she had plenty of versatile spells it seemed to her that she was now rather lacking in what she really needed, and that seemed to wear upon her heavily.

I'm sure the professor would know how to… Finding herself in a state of envy toward those who had mastered the matter of alchemy or the healing arts, the melancholy minx also thought to the mistress who ran the guild and wished that she was here, since it would have been easy for her to simply open a door and invite him to join them as well, and then it hit her. She had the next best thing, didn't she?

Smart is the new Sexy

- Sophie Sequoia

#6Diana Delgado 

Gift for Healing Salve I. Empty Wed May 24, 2023 12:14 pm

Diana Delgado

WORDS: 1250 | Hello Nurse!

“Hmmmm…” Pausing for a moment as she realised that while she could not have such learned souls and their hands here to guide her but she might certainly have a way to bring their mind to hers, with the wealth of spells she had accumulated there was something sitting within her own collection which might have had a chance of helping these people, even if indirectly.
That's an idea, isn't it? That little nugget of hope seeming to be enough for her to regain at least a little of her heart as well, Sophie shook her head as she threw off the feeling of doom and gloom which had seemed to plague her, and instead elected to focus on something more proactive, if untested of course.

I haven't tried the spell over this kind of distance but… Nothing ventured, eh? Picking up a new spell in her time in Fiore which might just have offered her that little morsel of understanding which she needed, or at least the capacity to borrow it from another, while Miss Sequoia knew that she had nothing in her arsenal which she could use to heal wounds or brew potions, there was one thing she had which might just give her an edge here; she could speak to the minds of the people she knew and they could talk back to her as well. Handy, right? Provided she could make the connection, of course…

Smart is the new Sexy

- Sophie Sequoia

#7Diana Delgado 

Diana Delgado

WORDS: ### | Casual Smarty

Let's see here… Pausing for more than a moment as she allowed herself to gather the necessary mana, Sophie took a few long and deep breaths more out of habit than necessity given the new state in which she found her form, and then lifted her hand to her temple in order to initiate the rather unique spell she possessed. A wait which seemed to last discomfortingly long seeming to follow soon after as she reached into the ether and formed the image of the figure she was trying to contact, the perky pinkette couldn't help but feel pensive in spite of how she had practised the invocation before this, and yet at the sound of something seeming to respond to her found her face lighting up all the same.

“Hello? Professor? Can you hear me?” Perhaps expecting a click or a tone when she finally felt that she had made contact with the party she had sought, Miss Sequoia spoke up verbally more from inexperience than anything else, seeming to disregard the fact that she knew she could use this method to utilise her skill silently in favour of her clear diction.
“Goodness, I hope I didn’t wake you, sounds like…” At the very least happy that she had seemed to rouse something from a figure who rested more than a couple of seas away from her current position, a pang of guilt seemed to strike through her as she realised that such a gulf of distance would no doubt affect the disparity between their time of day, and offered an apology for the fact that she had potentially roused them from sleep or some other restful activity…

Smart is the new Sexy

- Sophie Sequoia

#8Diana Delgado 

Diana Delgado

“Heavens, seems that the time difference is vaster than I thought…?” Certainly seeming to recognise the gruffness in the voice she heard and the sluggishness which she felt in the responses she received and suspecting these to have plenty to do with their differing hours upon the clockface, once more Miss Sequoia seemed to feel it worthy to note her regret for such a fact, but was happy to hear that her ally was not quite as burdened by it as some might have been. In fact, despite the impromptu surprise, they almost sounded happy to hear from her.

“Heehee, I can't say this is exactly how I expected to find myself whispering sweet nothings at midnight~?” Snickering for such a reason and not least because this was not the first time they had shared a conversation in the comfort of the wee hours, the lass couldn't help but lick her lips as she spoke in a coyly coquettish fashion, which had likely only been reinforced by her recent residency in the realms of the raucous pegasi.
“You don't have a moment, do you?” That being said not about to encumber her old acquaintance with rather complex issues if they did not feel inclined toward them given the hour and separation betwixt their parties, the fuchsia fox enquired softly after the possibility of borrowing their mind for a few minutes, for the benefit of all of those who seemed to surround her with ills.

Smart is the new Sexy

- Sophie Sequoia

#9Diana Delgado 

Gift for Healing Salve I. Empty Wed May 24, 2023 12:15 pm

Diana Delgado

“I know it's late, but I could really make use of your expertise here?” Happy to hear that her intrusion was not wholly untoward or at least not enough to request she ply her needs elsewhere, Sophie began to move toward the meat of the matter as it were, and as she did so hoped that the degree of experience which her cohort held would help in ways with which she was not quite so well endowed.
“You see, I've ventured as part of an expedition to Talaz Lagaar?” Confessing the fact that she had reached what was perhaps a rather unique 'frontier' with her endeavours in fact, she knew all too well that countries across the world were likely gossiping about the once closed land opening its doors so suddenly, even if more from necessity than design.

“No, no, don't worry…” That need and the reason behind it something which the realms outside seemed well aware as well, it was touching to note the concern that her revelation seemed to coax from her distant companion, even if she could dismiss it rather readily.
“I'm well protected from the plague, but I am part of the team trying to treat it?” Not about to get bogged down in discussion of her new state of being even if she guessed that this party was likely to be fascinated by it, or perhaps because of that fact, Miss Sequoia kept the particulars of her 'protection' guarded for the sake of greater priority, and slowly revealed the fact that she was here for the sake of persons beyond herself…

Smart is the new Sexy

- Sophie Sequoia

#10Diana Delgado 

Gift for Healing Salve I. Empty Wed May 24, 2023 12:15 pm

Diana Delgado

WORDS: 2250 | Casual Smarty

“Sadly though, I fear my expertise when it comes to poultices and salves pales in comparison to you own?” Admitting the fact that for all her enthusiasm her means did not quite match up to her ambitions, Miss Sequoia had never been one who was shy about acknowledging her own shortcomings nor the strengths of others, and seemed rather frank when she spoke in favour of the skills possessed by her friend across the world.
“I was wondering, maybe I could trade a dinner date upon my return for a little insight of your own~?” Happy to offer a little of what she was good at in recompense for the request she had however, though the manner in which she conveyed her suggestion to offer a little personal renumeration was playful and she guessed that her fellow would hardly be so crass as to jump on the opportunity given the situation she found herself in, all the same the venturing vision was happy to offer her quid for their pro quo in this matter.

“Teehee, I thought that might sweeten the pot~?” Snickering once more when it seemed that her suggestion had appeared to sway this figure of expertise, she did not offer an ounce of concern for how such a bartering method might have made her seem to others or waste a moment of worry for how said parties might judge her, neither because of the urgency of her circumstances or the simple disregard for how she seemed to buck one's typical convention.
“Thank you, professor. Now, let me run the particulars by you…” Ultimately happy that she might have been able to offer those who found themselves in a rotten way some relief no matter the method behind her result, with a smirk and a set of case notes in front of her she began to run the matter by her peer, feeling confident in the promise of the opportunity which followed…

Smart is the new Sexy

- Sophie Sequoia

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum