Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Safe Haven [D rank]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Setesh 

Safe Haven [D rank]  Empty Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:39 am

Setesh
"Oh oh, looks like Father Jerad's got himself in trouble again."
Setesh exclaimed, after investigating the request board. One of the requests was from Father Jerad, addressed specifically to Setesh, asking him to come over and help distribute medicine. Apparently the priest himself got infected and there aren't enough hands to help hand out the medicine and simply take care of the found. Setesh sighed. "Damn, all of it is almost too much. So much pain. Fine, old man, I'll help you one last time. But then I'm taking a vacation." It impressed him that some people seemed to be an inexhaustible fountain of kindness and compassion, always willing to reach out and help no matter what it took. In many ways, helping Father Jerad has been tiring the fire mage out emotionally.
Nonetheless, the request was specifically for him and there were people in need, so there was no time to waste.
"Oh, so you're taking the request?" A familiar voice sprung up behind Setesh. He turned around and noticed him long time friend and guildmate Geist, a white-haired man of impressive physique. Geist was a powerful mage and one of the contenders for the rank of S-class within in the guild, a stark contrast to the boy's own rather lacking abilities.
"Oh, hello Geist. Yeah, I've been helping him out for the past couple of days and it seems like the whole thing's reached it's peak."
"I see. I'm happy that you're involving yourself in the community and helping others, man. Look, I've got to go, but we should definitely train together one of these days!"
"Sure thing. I'll show you a spell that'll fry your ass!"
"Pfft, I'd like to see that. See ya later, loser."
Setesh and Geist train a lot together, in fact it was mostly Geist's patience with Setesh that eventually allowed the latter to learn how to wield Fire Magic efficiently. Still, their relationship was never strained by the large disparity in ability, perhaps a sign of true friendship.
The black haired man groaned obnoxiously, as if to signify his annoyance, and left - directing himself once again to the Kardia Cathedral and mentally preparing himself for a long day of work. He found the priest bedridden, in a rather miserable state, a shocking turn of events in the span of mere three days. And, predictably, he was not alone, surrounded by dozens if not hundreds of sick people, who desperately needed medical attention. Setesh didn't know the situation in the hospital, but he had hoped it wasn't as bad as the one there. Weakly rising, Father Jerad instructed Setesh about everything he needed to know to perform the task. Apparently, the flowers he had gathered earlier could be used to distill their nectar, which is the medicien to this infectious disease. Jerad had managed to extract the nectar, but not to distribute it before falling ill himself.

Setesh prepared himself and then began a long day of honest work, distributing the medicine and food to those in need (prioritising children and pregnant women first), as well as simply offering them a moment of conversation or a few kind words. The last thing was a precious treasure, one they often didn't know they needed, a medicine for the soul just as much as the nectar was medicine for the body. One ill child refused to drink the nectar, perhaps out of fear, but Setesh's show of genuine compassion as well as their mother's encouragment were enough to eventually convince the child to drink the medicine.
After making sure that all people were treated, Setesh returned to Father Jerad, whom he briefed about the situation. Finally, the priest himself drunk the elixir and nearly instantly felt better. The show of genuine appreciation on his face would be difficult to overestimate in words. Father Jerad deeply thanked Setesh and then finally provided him with his reward.
In the end, the young fire mage felt very good about himself. Helping people felt good. It was a good day.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum