Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Test the Waters [Rank D - Good]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Eteri 

Test the Waters [Rank D - Good] Empty Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:06 pm

Eteri
Eteri walked up the edge of the wood, right before the beach started. She stared in awe at the vibrant colors of the ocean and the shiny beige sand. The young lady took a deep breath in as the salty, fresh air filled her nose and exhales dramatically. The air was different smell than she was used to, but she quickly adjusted to it. Recollecting herself, she pulled a small note out of her pocket and reminded herself why she was here. "Raine Burke. Marine biologist looking to collect and bring samples back to her lab." The wood elf muttered to herself as she raised a hand above her eyes to block the glaring sunlight and looked around the beach for someone who looked like a marine biologist.

Her light cooper eyes squinted as she spotted someone crouched in the shallow end of the beach. She was momentarily blinded by the reflection of the sun of glass. "That must be her!" Eteri exclaimed to herself as she slipped off her shoes, put them into her satchel, and stepped into the warm sand. She took a moment to giggle while she wiggled her toes in the sand. Her previous experience with sand was different as it was at the bottom of a lake. The dry and warmth sand provided a different feeling like an embrace. She pulled herself together and then started quickly walking towards the focused young woman.

"Hello! Are you Raina Burke?" The young elf said as she approached the black haired lady while waving her hand in the air. Raina stood up, beaker in hand, and smiled gently. "Yes I am Raina Burke. You can just call me Raina though. I assume you are Eteri responding to my request?" Mrs. Burke inquired as she poured the salt water into individual tubes and then closed them.

"Yes ma'am! Would you like me to carry those?" Eteri questioned as she stuck her hands out. Raina nodded and handed her the tubes. After a few minutes of pleasant conversation and collecting more water samples further down the beach, both of the women headed back to the lab. Eteri set all the samples into tube tube racks and watched Raina set up several machines.

"I will be testing all the test tubes for a variety of different minerals, chemicals, and bacteria. The test will help me identify problems that could be occurring in the ecosystem without us noticing as well as providing safety for those playing in the water." The marine biologist explained as she placed began to separate, pour, and test each sample.

Eteri stayed a few hours simply chatting with Raina about her experience with marine biology while she waited for the tests to be completed. Eventually, the machines started to slow down and Raina got back to work. Pulling each tube from their machines, she used droppers to place a small dot of water on a glass slide. Putting it under the microscope, she gestured for the elf to look. She peered into the glass and found it was full of organisms of all variety of colors. Raina tried her best to explain what each organism was. Afterwards, she gave Eteri her reward and thanked her for her help today.

WC: 560

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum