Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tyrant Tea Time (Quest)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Vivi Ramstein 

Tyrant Tea Time (Quest) Empty Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:50 pm

Vivi Ramstein
Castle Phantasm wasn't a place Vivi would have gone without a reason. She hardly wanted to enter it with a reason. She had spent more than enough time in her life considering in grim repose how much time, money, and effort had been wasted on making the rich become richer and the poor become poorer. She didn't care about the money by itself, it had little impact on her. But what had always bothered her was the manner in which it was gained. Petty rivalries, worthless schemes, and underhanded tactics that always served to benefit the people who had done no actual work to earn it. She considered the Phantasms to be among that list of worthless jewel suckers. But, she knew that they were an integral part of the Oak underground and she certainly did not feel like instigating a war with them in order to make nothing more than an ideological fuss. So, she played nice for the time being, and accepted work from them when it seemed to be to her benefit. Today was one of those days.

She had heard of Minerva Phantasm's need for assistance on a crucial matter. No doubt it was something that was going to make her mountains of jewels on top of what she already had. Vivi didn't put any stock into any of it. The woman needed a hand with a job, and as far as Vivi was concerned that was as far as she needed to give a damn about Minerva. She took herself up to the castle as quick as she cared to, always being on her own schedule above anyone else's. Knocking on the door with a heavy hand, she waited patiently for someone to answer. Of course, it was a butler who opened the door for her. The gray haired man seemed unsure as to why someone like Vivi, particularly dressed like her, would be there to call upon such a regal woman, but Vivi quickly explained the situation to him in as few words as possible. The butler took her inside quickly as he liked after that, showing her down the labyrinthine hallways of the castle's innards in search of the Lady Phantasm. Vivi was taken to a small sitting room, inside of which Minerva was already waiting. Taking a seat in a chair opposite from the lady of the house, Vivi looked at her without speaking and simply waited for her sophistry to come spewing forth.

"I appreciate you coming on such short notice," Minerva said after a moment. "I have need of someone with such obviously prodigious physical qualities as yourself." Vivi's eyebrow twitched but she said nothing to that. "There is a new deal that I am attempting to negotiate with a few new merchantmen. But I've grown weary of their insistence of constant deal making and amendments to what we already have. The deal I have put forth is exactly as far as I am willing to move it, and I don't want even one more day of bickering over it. Hence, why you are here. I need you to come to the meeting just a few minutes after it begins, perhaps five. I want you to take one of them, the blonde and middle aged one. He's weak and soft, you can break him easily. I only want him intimidated, however, I don't want him dead. He can't sign the agreement if he's a corpse."

Vivi considered the job's specifics, then nodded her head. Intimidation was easy for her. She was stronger, faster, and more durable than the average person. For her, making someone see the error in their thinking was child's play. She could take the job and be done within the hour, which would give her a fair trade for the work to be sure. With her acceptance, Minerva stood up with a smile. "Thank you. I will be sure to enjoy the sound of your performance. You can use the room just off to the side of our meeting room. I want the others in attendance to understand why they should never have tested my patience."

Once she left, Vivi gave it a moment before standing up and popping her back. She didn't have any respect for a woman like Minerva on principle, a strong businesswoman would have dealt with this situation with her own two hands, but she could respect the way she was handling it overall. The time for talk was over, action was preferable. Finding the butler outside the room as she left, the man pointed her down the hall to the meeting room. She took her walk slowly so she could stretch out the time. A minute...then three...and then five. She could be patient when it meant something to her. As soon as the five minutes had elapsed, Vivi turned the knob on the door and shoved it open, much to the obvious shock of the three men sitting across from Minerva at the fine table. Vivi didn't pay attention to that or to the shouts of indignation and disbelief. She crossed the floor in just a few strides and grabbed the man in the middle. Blonde, middle aged, and looking about as happy as a plague-ridden patient might. Yanking him out of his seat by his collar, Vivi dragged him across the room and into the next, slamming the door behind her. She tossed the man into the center of the room, another sitting room by the looks of it, and took her axe from her back. Twirling it in her hands, she approached the man who looked at her with the last shred of his courage.

"You'll sign the agreement," She told him.

"Never! It's highway robbery is what it is!" The man shouted at her, and though his voice quivered Vivi had to admit she admired his courage in the face of someone he could never hope to beat. "Signing this deal is tantamount to betraying my own interests."

"I'll kill you if you don't," Vivi threatened him plainly. "And it will be painful."

The merchant swallowed a lump in his throat, but remained resolute. "I...I am not afraid of such threats."

Vivi shrugged. Lifting her axe up, she brought it down suddenly, causing the man to scream like a little girl. She smirked as her axe hit its mark, cleaving the floor between the man's legs in twain. He looked at her in shock, fear evident on his face. A moment passed where his mind seemed to catch up to his mouth before he spoke again. "O-On reconsideration...I believe that signing it would be in my interests."

Vivi nodded and grabbed him by the collar again. Pulling him back through the door, she dragged him to his seat and set him down. The merchant couldn't even look at his compatriots as he signed the parchment in front of them, and the other two quickly followed suit when they got a look at Vivi. The demi-human couldn't care less though. Walking over to Minerva, she looked at the woman expectantly. A cruel smile played on Minerva's lips as she snapped her fingers. Her butler brought forth the apportioned reward, which Vivi pocketed wordlessly. She took her leave as soon as she had it, not wanting any more to do with regalia and subterfuge.

[1255/1000 Words]

Tyrant Tea Time (Quest) Vivisi10

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum