Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

We're gonna need a bigger Spade! [NQ - Pirates!]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Sofia 

We're gonna need a bigger Spade! [NQ - Pirates!] Empty Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:08 am

Sofia

WORDS: 239 | Shiver Me Timbers!

"You might try girl, but yee'll find me a cut above your common brigand!"

For now the fair fox focused wholly on what she saw before her and that forcing the femme to stabilize herself and squeeze her abs tightly as she her enemy bellowed before her and swung his foot toward her the side that had been exposed by her deflection of his firearm, Sofia had to admit that a lifetime at sea had clearly proven an effective teacher as she felt a little of the wind knocked out of her sails and flung herself over her shoulder as well, and that for all of the cheek she had shown, ultimately he did seem to be holding his own.
“Oh~? Are you another one of those with obscura?” Offering up a reason for that fact as well based on her prior experience of those who seemed to go beyond the pirates she battled thus far, she honestly couldn't tell whether or not his strength was being augmented by demonic force or just the righteous and perhaps a little touching fury he felt at the loss of his fellows, but she at least guessed in that direction in an effort to keep the rhythm of their little 'dance' in her favour for the time being. After all, as tough as she tried to act, getting caught in the ribs like that wasn't the easiest burden to bear, was it?

Stir Up Some Excitement

"Make every day its own adventure~"
- Sofia Serena

credit to nat of adoxography.

#2Sofia 

We're gonna need a bigger Spade! [NQ - Pirates!] Empty Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:09 am

Sofia

WORDS: 233 | Shiver Me Timbers!

"Obs… What?
I'll have yee know I always take precautions when I'm with me women!"

At the very least appearing to succeed in confounding him with what she had said, it seemed that the education of the man was perhaps a little lacking but that perhaps obvious from how he talked, though at least it was nice to know that whatever romantic life he led hadn't been too stunted by a life at sea all the same.
“Flintlock beneath the pillow~?” Miss Serena relentless in her effort to turn him even further off kilter and for that reason continuing with her sardonic sentiment practically unabated, she was glad to note that the moment of confusion had at least offered her a few seconds to catch her breath after that hit, and squeezed the weapon in her grasp tighter because of that.

"Yee think this be some kind of joke?
A game?
Well this is one game yee won't win, girlie!"

On the other hand her adversary seeming to feel that the weapon he held in his hand was entirely too lacking by comparison and reaching into his coat because of that, for a second the fair femme felt ready to flinch and fling herself out of the way as she suspected him about to pull out another pistol, but instead found it now her turn to be bewildered by what he offered up.

Stir Up Some Excitement

- Sofia Serena

#3Sofia 

We're gonna need a bigger Spade! [NQ - Pirates!] Empty Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:09 am

Sofia

WORDS: 311 | Shiver Me Timbers!

Some kind of horn…? Blinking as the brigand brought forth no kind of weapon she had ever seen but rather what looked like a crooked and curved implement best seen as part of a pair atop the head of a goat or bull or something, while this was rather puzzling so too was how the stragglers and survivors seemed to look among one another at the deed, and then rush among one another to the bulwark. There was definitely something very strange going on here, wasn't there…?

What in the…? That only seeming to make the moment stranger as they lunged for the rowboats or even just tipped themselves into the sea itself, Sofia could only frown at the sight of souls seeming far more afraid of what the captain had in their hand than had even been her, and frankly couldn't understand why even as their leader brought the tighter end to his lips and blew down upon it as hard as he could.
Hardly the roar of the Gjallarhorn, isn't it? Looks like it might be broken? The confusion in the coquette only growing since it seemed like whatever he attempted to do had only failed as what was produced by such a pronounced effort paled even when compared to the humble kazoo, the emerald eyed enchantress tipped her head to one side as she attempted to make sense of what she had seen before her, but ultimately also decided not to look a gift horse in the mouth either.

“Lucky for me…!” The man before her dropping his guard after all to show off what seemed to amount to a damp squib and Miss Serena not about to waist that fact, she lunged forward with everything she had before he could lift that sword back up and protect himself, and whirled her wicked weapon as she did so.

Stir Up Some Excitement

- Sofia Serena

#4Sofia 

We're gonna need a bigger Spade! [NQ - Pirates!] Empty Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:11 am

Sofia

WORDS: 273 | Shiver Me Timbers!

“Enjoy the cells, captain~” The honed edge of her mana blade doing the rest and seeming to cleft the tool he had produced in twain as well as bite into his flesh to boot, all that the man would be able to do was blink as the beauty with the beryl eyes carved him up like a cake at christmas, and left him to drop to the deck after that fact.
“If you make it that far~” Perhaps a little smugness spreading through Sofia as well as she let him collapse given how comprehensive her victory appeared to be, and the nature of her opposition for that matter, once more the niece of the greatest pirate hunter in the southern seas had reason to feel proud of herself as she looked around herself and saw all her enemies either felled or fleeing, and as she deactivated the duel edges in her hand, the beryl eyed beauty basked in that feeling of esteem a little as well before she headed back to dry land with her head held high for what she had done. Or would do, when this fight was over, of course.

"Pwb! Kahh!
I-It'll be…
It'll be yee who won't make it now!"

The captain coughing and stirring in spite of the wounds he had suffered, though Sofia felt herself the victor in this contest she could feel both the fury and feeling of achievement from the fool as he denounced her and frowned because of that. I mean, there was nothing like an enemy gloating in his own defeat to really make you feel like the battle wasn't over, right?

Stir Up Some Excitement

- Sofia Serena

#5Sofia 

We're gonna need a bigger Spade! [NQ - Pirates!] Empty Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:11 am

Sofia

WORDS: 231 | Shiver Me Timbers!

What is he talking about? There's no one left, right? Blinking once more at such a bold declaration and taking a step closer to her fallen foe because of the enduring bewilderment it crafted, Miss Serena glanced around herself in confusion, and wondered just where this supposed comeuppance was supposed to come from given the fact that she's the only one left standing on the ship. His ghost? Well it wouldn't be the first time someone had tried that, right?

"Won't be long now…
I can hear… Kaff!
The wings!"

It seeming that her enemy was only too happy to offer up more clues however as he fought against the urge to drift into unconsciousness or worse and seemed to cough up blood as he did so, the brunette could only watch as he pushed himself over onto his back, and then raised a shaky hand into the sky before letting it fall as he finally succumbed to the effect of the injuries he had been given.
Wings? Wait, was that…? The pirate offering plenty for the pegusi to wonder about however as he did so, Sofia looked around herself at the mention of one particular word, and then found her memory being sparked as she remembered the horn he had tried to sound before falling, and scanned to deck to see where what was left of it had ended up.

Stir Up Some Excitement

- Sofia Serena

#6Sofia 

We're gonna need a bigger Spade! [NQ - Pirates!] Empty Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:12 am

Sofia

WORDS: 255 | Shiver Me Timbers!

It… Couldn't be…? Snatching up the two pieces which remained of it because of that and batting her lashes as she tried to put them back together, now that she had the thing up close and personal Miss Serena could see the inscription of runes or something similar upon its surface, and found those emerald eyes widening because of such an astonishing and unanticipated discovery.
How did some two-bit pirate find…? Dropping them again at the realization of her discovery and looking back toward the man she had bested, she could hardly believe that he had found what some ancient cultures seemed to call a 'drake horn'; an ancient and powerful device that had been intended to mimic the cry of a baby dragon, and draw those of their ilk toward it because of that fact.

No time to worry about that now… Unable to linger too long on the prospect of this discovery however if the rumours were to be believed, as far as Sofia knew it had been centuries or more since anyone had even seen one of those objects let alone used one, but still wasn’t about to take any chances. Frankly even tempted to repeat her little spell of teleportation from earlier and take a shortcut back to land because of the attack she sensed looming over her, but ultimately guessed she would only be luring the innocent into the line of fire by doing so, and so opted for something that some would see as a nobler course of action.

Stir Up Some Excitement

- Sofia Serena

#7Sofia 

We're gonna need a bigger Spade! [NQ - Pirates!] Empty Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:12 am

Sofia

WORDS: 210 | Shiver Me Timbers!

If this is real… Squeezing her weapon tightly and then moving to take stock of the 'defences' she had left on the ship as well, the beauty with the beryl eyes moved over to the cannons and did what she could to reset them while she had time, which appeared to be ultimate premium in this moment.
It'll be here- Every second vital and the vixen working as quickly as she could to ensure she had every advantage she could in what was likely to be a killer confrontation, she could feel her pulse hammering in the back of her throat and was tempted to send a projection to the guild in order to warn them of the danger coming near, but ultimately, would have no chance to do so.

RAAAAAAOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWAAAAARRRRRR!!!!

…Any minute! Instead greeted by a howl of enduring rage as something large erupted into view and seemed to split a cloud in two while doing so, even a soul as seasoned as Sofia couldn't help but feel herself quake and head pound as she heard something big and strong roar with rage above her, and was left to blink in a mix of astonishment and fear as well as she looked over to the brute that loomed above.

Stir Up Some Excitement

- Sofia Serena

#8Sofia 

We're gonna need a bigger Spade! [NQ - Pirates!] Empty Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:13 am

Sofia

WORDS: 268 | Shiver Me Timbers!

You sure know how to get yourself into a Jam, Mrs of Alisa Vollan! The heart of our heroine only seeming to hammer all the more as she did so and perhaps some guilty little portion of the girl hoping to see it simply pass over her green gaze and continue on to destinations unavailable, the brunette found her whole body quivering as she looked up toward the heavens and found something loud and angry leering at her, and somehow found the strength of will to push her thumb over to the switch on her sabre to ignite it and free her from the 'spell' she had fallen under.

A drake or wyvern…? Those two struts of mana erupting from her silver sceptre as a result and doing so with a snarl of their own which seemed to return the mind of Miss Serena back to the moment in earnest, she watched as it beat its wings there for a moment and then lurched up and over and flew away, but not for a single second did she suspect that it would stay gone.
And a fiery one…! Instead feeling not even a single ounce of assurance as she watched the beast glide over the water and turn itself around as it readied for battle, while most might have only grit her teeth as they saw it arc through the air and rebound with a growing incandescence emerging from its maw the girl here was ready for what followed, or as ready as she ever would be, and threw herself over to the nearest cannon as a result.

Stir Up Some Excitement

- Sofia Serena

#9Sofia 

We're gonna need a bigger Spade! [NQ - Pirates!] Empty Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:13 am

Sofia

WORDS: 278 | Shiver Me Timbers!

Come onnnnn…! Guiding the barrel on an intercept course not even a second later and trying to hold her nerve as she did so, such a task was made no easier by either the spray that such a behemoth could draw as it threw itself along the surface of the sea with only a matter of meters for separation or the bellowing blaze it unleashed soon after, even a girl as gutsy as this one couldn't help but lift a hand to her brow and ready those digits for a spell as she watched her flying foe sear the waves with the intent of roasting her too, but acted to deny the latter. After all, she was a rare woman by all accounts, and this thing seemed like he only had room for well done.

Take a bite of that! The wait seeming tense and tenuous but ultimately also rewarding as she could kick the cannon into action and watch the round it let loose soar ahead of her on a connect course to collide with the shoulder and neck of this draconic destroyer, Sofia had never much been the sort to take much joy from the sight of an animal being wounded, but on this occasion even she had to admit that she felt quite the shiver of satisfaction in seeing it smash right on target and seem to knock her foe out of the sky as well as it did so. Though one had to suppose both the opposition and the situation accounted for that, at least a little. After all, how often does one find themselves fighting for their lives against something like this, eh?

Stir Up Some Excitement

- Sofia Serena

#10Sofia 

We're gonna need a bigger Spade! [NQ - Pirates!] Empty Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:14 am

Sofia

WORDS: 306 | Shiver Me Timbers!

Yeah, I reckon you could use a chance to cool off, hm? Throwing off not only its aim but also the flight path that the drake had planned and as such forcing the burning brute to pitch to the side and succumb to the depths with quite the spectacular splash, Miss Serena was allowed a moment of respite to let loose a shaky breath as her would-be destroyer took a dip into the depths, but not much more than that.
But not on the bench for long… Wheeling around as she heard yet another splash only a matter of moments later and turned herself to see the beast bellowing as it returned to the air, only too easily did it seem to beat its wings and return to the skies above her, and only too angrily did it do so too for that matter.

Guess it’s the real deal, eh? The deed of the dish only seeming to serve to make the fiery flier all the more determined to attack her from the look of things, Sofia had to respect the sheer tenacity it had both figuratively and otherwise for taking a cannon round to the neck and shrugging it off, for the most part at least.
I doubt these things would be such a problem if they went down to a single cannon! Able to see that her hit had at least done something to it going off the smouldering patch where her shot had hit which now seemed to be oozing redness, it was clear to see that her effort hadn't done much to deter its intent but it had not done nothing either, and so offered a little hope if nothing else. Though really, a woman like Lorelai of Blue Pegasus had a lot more than that to count on as well, right~?

2604/2500 Words
Mission Complete – Exit

Stir Up Some Excitement

- Sofia Serena

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum