Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Grow the Ranks: C-Rank [Solo] [Sharyar Xerxes II]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Tsukishima Higurashi 

Grow the Ranks: C-Rank [Solo] [Sharyar Xerxes II] Empty Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:13 pm

Tsukishima Higurashi
It was another bright and sunny afternoon in Orchidia and Xerxes was wide awake. Ever since he got back to his room the previous night, he kept staring at the note from home that he refused to open. It was the main thing that ruled his mind. He didn’t depart from Desierto on ill terms with his family but was still confused as to why he opened it. Something nagged at him, begging him not to open it but, unfortunately, curiosity got the best of him.

As he opens the letter and begins to read, his heart sinks. In the letter, written by his brother, detailed the passing of their mother. She was ill and passed away peacefully in her sleep. While Xerxes would not be able to make it back for the burial, his brother Darius, would be arriving soon to give him something that was left for him. Dropping the letter on the ground, Xerxes leaves the room to head towards Leon’s storefront and to clear his head. He needed to think, to get his mind off of things.

WC: 181
TWC: 181 / 1,000

#2Tsukishima Higurashi 

Grow the Ranks: C-Rank [Solo] [Sharyar Xerxes II] Empty Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:15 pm

Tsukishima Higurashi
About one hour later, Xerxes makes his way towards Leon’s storefront, seeing Yuka and Tenchi training along the side of it. The two were shadowboxing, both of them were absolutely drenched in sweat. “Yo, Xerxes!” Tenchi says as he momentarily greets the Desiertian before returning to the training. Spotting Leon watching from afar, Xerxes moves towards him. The man watched intently, a smile on his face. “Yuka is doing great. Tenchi was a great addition…” “But?” Xerxes says, knowing that Leon seemed to have a point to his words.

Yuka will need more, some bodyguards if you will. This will be paramount to what he’ll need.” Xerxes raises an eyebrow at the comment but decides better on pursing it, leaving it for the moment. He and Leon enter the store and sit down at the nearest table as Leon slides three pictures towards Xerxes. He begins to go into detail of the men in the pictures, scouting them as potential guards for Yuka. Each individual had a different set of skills which complemented one another. It was perfect for his plan.

TWC: 362 / 1,000

#3Tsukishima Higurashi 

Grow the Ranks: C-Rank [Solo] [Sharyar Xerxes II] Empty Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:16 pm

Tsukishima Higurashi
Nearly placing his entire body over the table, he taps on one picture in particular. It was a young man who seemed to be in his early twenties. He had a bat slung up against his shoulder and a smile on his face. “That’s Ryotta Kibari, the swordsman. That’s who you’ll have to find first. He’s in town today so he’ll be prefect.” Xerxes found great interest in Ryotta as he’d be the second ‘true’ swordsman that Xerxes has encountered in Fiore minus Ikazuchi. He wondered just how the man compared to his comrade in terms of sheer skill.

Ryotta Kibari. Alright, that’s a good start. Do you know where I’ll find him?” “Ryotta typically hangs out by the batting cages near the main streets when he’s in town. You’ll likely find him practicing his swings.” The two go over their plan and just how they planned to get Ryotta to join as Xerxes did not want to unnecessarily piss him off. After coming up with a decent plan, Xerxes heads out in order to try to put things into motion.

TWC: 543 / 1,000

#4Tsukishima Higurashi 

Grow the Ranks: C-Rank [Solo] [Sharyar Xerxes II] Empty Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:18 pm

Tsukishima Higurashi
The deafening sound of metal hitting cowhide could be heard throughout the building. The crack radiated before the soft jingle of the ball landing on the mesh net accompanying it. Xerxes walked around the batting cages, looking around to see if Ryotta was actually there. Towards the back of the building, at the largest batting cage available, Xerxes saw him. A magically powered machine shot out baseball at an increased speed, Ryotta smacking the ball around with the greatest of ease. Smacking the last ball, Ryotta sighs and goes to reach for a bottle of water.

Impressive.” Xerxes says as he hands the bottle of water to him. “And who are you supposed to be, friend?” Ryotta says as he gratefully takes the bottle away from Xerxes. “An admirer. You’re very good. Likely the second-best person here.” “And just who is the best one?” Ryotta says, interest piqued. “Me. Of course.” Xerxes says with a smile. The two of them begin to converse, with Xerxes enjoying the conversation. Though young, Ryotta had a worldly vibe to him, the kind of person that would get along with anyone. “So, how about a game?” Xerxes says.

WC: 194
TWC: 737 / 1,000

#5Tsukishima Higurashi 

Grow the Ranks: C-Rank [Solo] [Sharyar Xerxes II] Empty Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:20 pm

Tsukishima Higurashi
Just what kind of game are you talking about?” “A game of strength and speed. To back up my claim of being better than you of course. When I win, I’ll need you to help protect a friend of mine.” “If you are a strong as you claim, couldn’t you do it?” “I could but I’m an adventurer. I won’t be here for long. The kid will need some help down the line." Ryotta laughs, taking a long swig of his water before placing it down beside him. “Alright, and what happens when I win?” “I’ll give you my weapon.” Xerxes says as he places Jotunn’s Fang down between the two. After gesturing to touch the weapon, and receiving Xerxes’ approval, Ryotta takes hold of the weapon in awe. The pale blue blade gleams in the light as the man gently puts the weapon down. “The Jotunn’s Fang. I’ve heard stories about this. Alright, you got yourself a deal.

WC: 159
TWC: 896 / 1,000

#6Tsukishima Higurashi 

Grow the Ranks: C-Rank [Solo] [Sharyar Xerxes II] Empty Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:21 pm

Tsukishima Higurashi
The two men, standing in separate batting cages, ready themselves for their duel. They were in an area that allowed them to see the other but not would be able to interfere with the other. The objective was simple: Hit the incoming baseballs at an increased rate until all were gone. The game would be over if someone missed a single ball. “I’ll need you to polish that weapon before you hand it over.” Ryotta jokes. Xerxes laughs but largely ignores the man, opting to show him just how much he was underestimating him.

Suddenly, the first round of balls fires out, each man hitting the balls with precise accuracy. Their hits were in synch, only the booming echo of metal and cowhide being heard. The machine increases its speed, as Xerxes matches Ryotta strike for strike. Sweat beads down their faces as they continue to hit, Ryotta outwardly impressed that someone is able to match him. As the last ball rockets out, both strike simultaneously, hitting the ball easily. “Wow, I must say I’m impressed. You kept up with me. How about we do this then. I know the owner of the cages and he’s installed a hidden setting to the machines. It shoots out the balls even faster than the original settings. We’ll do one shot each. You up for it?

WC: 223
TWC: 1,119 / 1,000

#7Tsukishima Higurashi 

Grow the Ranks: C-Rank [Solo] [Sharyar Xerxes II] Empty Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:23 pm

Tsukishima Higurashi
Start it up.” Xerxes says as Ryotta goes to tweak the settings. Returning to his original position, he prepares himself. The booming sound of the ball coming out of the machine echoes as the ball comes out so fast even Xerxes has trouble seeing it. The familiar crack could be heard as Ryotta smacks the ball, sending it to the mesh net. He looks at Xerxes smugly as the Desiertian chuckles at him. Ryotta was trying hard so Xerxes decided to match that effort. He stood and gripped his bat tightly as he waited for the ball to come. The booming sound occurred as the ball rocketed towards Xerxes. Planting his feet, Xerxes swung his bat as it made contact with the ball, sending it flying backwards. The force behind the ball was so great that it completely went through the wall and landed just outside the building.

Ryotta stands in awe as Xerxes turns towards him and flips his bat with a smile. About an hour later, the two of them entered Leon’s storefront, both of them having a laugh. Xerxes introduces Ryotta to Yuka, Leon, and Tenchi who greet him warmly. As the trio begin to converse, Leon pulls Xerxes aside and hands him a pouch of jewels. “Again, my friend, thank you. Let me know when you are free and we’ll see if we can draw the other two in.

WC: 223
TWC: 1,352 / 1,000

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum