Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade Deal: A-Rank [Solo] [Sharyar Xerxes]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Falon'Din 

Trade Deal: A-Rank [Solo] [Sharyar Xerxes] Empty Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:07 pm

Falon'Din
Xerxes was thoroughly enjoying the time that was being spent in the northern part of Fiore. The people, the landscape, the food, all of it enticed him greatly. As he had mentioned to himself and others plenty times before, he was sad that his impending trip to the West was coming up. Sad that he’d have to depart from the friends that he made here for some time but he knew that it was all for the greater good. If his aspirations of becoming the ruler of this land where to ever come to fruition, this needed to be done. As he prepared to leave his lodgings for the day, he briefly glanced over the flyer he took earlier. It was a request from the son of a village chief to bring two villages together to help foster a trade deal between them. Always expecting something outlandish to happen, the Desiertian sheathes Jotunn’s Fang behind his back and starts his journey.

WC: 161
TWC: 161/1,800 [10% WC Reduction]

#2Falon'Din 

Trade Deal: A-Rank [Solo] [Sharyar Xerxes] Empty Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:08 pm

Falon'Din
Xerxes could only stare in awed splendor as he looks around at the area of Worth Woodsea he had never ventured too before. Every place he had been previously looked more or less the same. A giant maze-like forest with nothing but trees as far as the eye could see with the occasional cave. Thanks to the giants in the area, there were a few clearings. But this area, this area far exceeded anything he had seen previously. This particular area was akin to a rainforest loads of brightly colored flora as far as the eye could see. Slippery leaves and rough vines sprawled around trees while animals of all varieties could be faintly seen moving throughout. The view was breathtaking and Xerxes wished he could remain but he knew that he had a job to do. Before long, Xerxes finds himself at the gates outside of the village, looking around for his contact.

WC: 154
TWC: 315/1,800 [10% WC Reduction]

#3Falon'Din 

Trade Deal: A-Rank [Solo] [Sharyar Xerxes] Empty Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:10 pm

Falon'Din
The quest giver explicitly requested that they met outside the village walls. After wandering around for a short time, Xerxes sees a group of three. It was a male and a female accompanying a small boy. The trio, who looked to be a family, happily tossed a ball around between them, lost in their enjoyment. The boy, using all of his strength, tosses the ball pass the two adults and runs over to get it. The ball gently lands in front of Xerxes who picks it up and smiles. The little boy runs up to him but stops, frightened by this new figure. A smile spreads across Xerxes’ face as he leans down on one knee and extends the ball to the boy.

Here you go buddy. Try not to lose it this time.” “Thank you…” the boy says as he snatches the ball and runs towards the arriving adults. “Can I help you with anything friend?” The man says as Xerxes stands up. “You might. I was supposed to meet someone here. A flyer was left at our guild house.” “Ah, you made it quickly. Wonderful. Iris, honey, would you mind taking little Kenny back home? This is the man who accepted the job request. I’ll see if he can convince my father.

WC: 214
TWC: 529/1,800 [10% WC Reduction]

#4Falon'Din 

Trade Deal: A-Rank [Solo] [Sharyar Xerxes] Empty Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:12 pm

Falon'Din
Good luck.” She says as she scoops up the child in her arms before kissing her husband on the cheek. He ushers Xerxes to walk with him as he begins to speak. “My name is Takuya; I am the son of the village chief. My apologies for having you meet out here instead of in the village. Would have been less hassle on your part.” “Hassle?” Xerxes says as the two walk deeper into the forest. He had not known him for very long but he could tell that something was troubling this man. Enough that he would send his family away to discuss this.

The chief of our village, my father. He is wary to everything and everyone; always thinking that someone new. Seeing a heavily armed individual such as yourself coming into our village would probably scare him to the point where he’d attempt to send our army after you without warning.” The Desiertian gave a loud sigh at the mention of that, remembering the particularly frosty reception he received when he first accepted Zimnur’s quest and ventured to the Neko village. He wondered if that was just a normal defense mechanism for all Worth Woodsea inhabitants. Shaking the thought from his head, he mentally rejoined the conversation with Takuya.

WC: 212
TWC: 741/1,800 [10% WC Reduction]

#5Falon'Din 

Trade Deal: A-Rank [Solo] [Sharyar Xerxes] Empty Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:14 pm

Falon'Din
The man spoke of his frustrations with his father, particularly his aversion of using others resources to help their village flourish. In his father’s head, the only way for them to prosper would be by their own hands. Takuya, on the other hand, saw that there was a better way that their village could grow and co-exist. He had been in talks with a neighboring village to potential foster a trade deal between them. It would be mutually beneficial and would undoubtedly lead to booming growth for both villages. The only deterrent to the plan was Takuya’s father. He vehemently refused the proposal and refused to listen to anything else on the matter. Countless nights were spent between father and son arguing their opposing views. Takuya had reached the end of his rope and hoped that Xerxes would be the one that could finally tip the scale.

The Desiertian, however, was skeptical. “If he won’t listen to his own son, what makes you think he’ll listen to me? By your own words, I’m everything he is afraid of.” “I know that but I don’t know what else to do.” Takuya says as he punches a nearby tree, the discussion obviously frustrating him. Blood drips from his knuckles as he slowly removes his fist, thoroughly irritated. “I just wish he was out of the picture. We would be so much better off in the grand scheme of things.” “Whoa, calm down with talk like that. You’re beginning to sound like you want him dead or something.” “Of course not.” Takuya spits back as he begins to furiously wraps his knuckles in a torn piece of his shirt. However, he begins to slow down as he turns towards Xerxes once more, his face darkening. “But what else is there?

WC: 297
TWC: 1,038/1,800 [10% WC Reduction]

#6Falon'Din 

Trade Deal: A-Rank [Solo] [Sharyar Xerxes] Empty Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:16 pm

Falon'Din
Xerxes was taken aback by the man’s words as Takuya slowly continues wrapping his knuckles with the torn shirt, never taking his eyes off of the Desiertian. “You’d kill your own father?” he says after a pause. “Like I said, what else is there to do? He won’t listen to reason nor admit the truth that’s glaring at him in the face. I wish it didn’t come to this but I need to do what he taught me to do, put the needs of the village first.” Takuya takes a deep breath and stares at Xerxes before speaking once more. “I’d like to amend our original agreement.

The two spoke at least while reviewing the original terms of their agreement with Xerxes deciding to take on the new terms. Takuya’s father and a small entourage would be venturing out early the following morning to gather food. It was something his father sought to be included in as he believed it was never done correctly if he was not there. Xerxes’ task was simple; ensure the group never returned from their excursion. As he began to depart, Xerxes stops and looks towards Takuya. “Are you sure you want to go through with this?” Takuya looks at him without a hint of remorse or emotion in his eyes. A determined look at Xerxes knew all too well. “I see…” he says as he leaves, satisfied with the answer.

WC: 236
TWC: 1,274/1,800 [10% WC Reduction]

#7Falon'Din 

Trade Deal: A-Rank [Solo] [Sharyar Xerxes] Empty Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:17 pm

Falon'Din
The sun began to rise early the next morning as the village chief and his four bodyguards exit the village in prep for the day’s activities. They were all lightly armed and mainly prepared to carry items back to the village. As they set off in the wilderness, Xerxes watches from afar. He had spent the evening watching their movements, lying in wait for the perfect opportunity to strike. With Jotunn’s Fang and a second spear he fashioned from one of the tree branches firmly in his right hand, he skulks off towards the group. Their day went as normal as possible; they fished in a nearby lake and hunted some of the smaller wildlife in the area. Their haul was plentiful. As they finished gathering everything and took a moment to rest before heading back to the village, Xerxes saw his moment to strike. Holding the fashioned spear in his right hand, he throws it as hard as he can, piercing the skull of the man at the very back of the group.

WC: 174
TWC: 1,448/1,800 [10% WC Reduction]

#8Falon'Din 

Trade Deal: A-Rank [Solo] [Sharyar Xerxes] Empty Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:18 pm

Falon'Din
What the hell!?” one of them screams as the man’s limp body falls to the ground, dead before it hits the ground. They attempt to huddle together, placing the village leader in the middle in a futile attempt to protect him. Lamenting what he needed to do, Xerxes leaps down and jabs his hidden blade deep in the belly of the frontmost bodyguard. He attempts to grab at Xerxes but death overcomes him and he succumbs to his injuries. The remaining two bodyguards draw their weapons and attempt to strike at the Desiertian who calmly unsheathes Jotunn’s Fang and blocks the incoming strikes. Breaking the stalemate, he twirls his weapon lightly as he delivers two precise and fatal slashes to the men. As their bodies fall to the ground, he begins his slow methodical walk towards the village elder who had attempted to run away. “Please…leave me be. I am the leader of the village just a few miles north of here. We don’t have much but I will give you whatever you want. Please, spare me. I beg of you.

WC: 181
TWC: 1,629/1,800 [10% WC Reduction]

#9Falon'Din 

Trade Deal: A-Rank [Solo] [Sharyar Xerxes] Empty Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:21 pm

Falon'Din
Coming within mere feet of the cowering man, Xerxes stops and sighs. The look of sheer terror was fully plastered on the man’s face. It was senseless and he knew it. Senseless but it was a job that he needed to carry out. “I know who you are. I know what position you hold. I can respect that. Know that what I’m about to do is simply business with Takuya. Nothing personal.” The village chief’s eyes widen at the mention of his son’s name, instantly piecing together that his son had likely paid for his death. The look of realization slowly turns into one of acceptance as Xerxes drives Jotunn’s blade deep into his abdomen. His body quivers slightly as it eventually goes limp. The Desiertian slowly removes the weapon and eases the body down towards the ground. Seeing that his work is completed, he goes to the arranged meeting place.

WC: 151
TWC: 1,780/1,800 [10% WC Reduction]

#10Falon'Din 

Trade Deal: A-Rank [Solo] [Sharyar Xerxes] Empty Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:22 pm

Falon'Din
A few hours pass and Xerxes sees Takuya walking towards him in the dead of night, a somber look on his face. The village had sent out a search unit to see if they could find the missing, only to come across the massacre that had befallen the former chief and his guards. Chaos started to spread but, in an effort to quell the masses, Takuya stepped forward to assume duties. To everyone, it was just a mourning individual attempting to put the needs of his village above his grief. To Takuya, however, they couldn’t have been further from the truth. “I didn’t look at him. I couldn’t look at him. I just keep reminding himself that it had to have been done. At the end of the day, the village will prosper because of it.” He sighs as he places the pouch of jewels in Xerxes’ hand. “Thank you…” he says as he somberly walks off.

WC: 157
TWC: 1,937/1,800 [10% WC Reduction]
[Quest Completed]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum