Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Something Smells Fishy [Quest / NQ#1]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Valeria Hildegard 

Something Smells Fishy [Quest / NQ#1] Empty Mon May 09, 2022 5:36 pm

Valeria Hildegard

well, i'm taking my time
i'm just moving along
you'll forget about me after i've been gone

The bright blue sky that selfishly coveted the sun and its heat rays were something that the vampire hated. The feeling of that warmth tingling on her skin, the beams of light that penetrated her gaze, and most importantly, the eyes that lingered on her face for longer than needed. The gazes of people that stared into her crimson eyes, immediately cowering away when she looked at them, made her uncomfortable. She was always told that her eyes were terrifying. The people who believed in the foolish phrases of man, assuming they could peer into her soul, always saw her eyes as a bad omen. A looming danger because the sea of red represented blood. Whose blood, though, was a question they often left unanswered. Every time Valeria stumbles upon those expressions of fear and disdain, she can't help but fall into the pits of self-loathing. Their words remind her of the crimson gaze she sees on other vampires and to be lumped into the same category, regardless of how true it was, always made her sick to her stomach.
180 ● 180/2500

MADE BY VEL OF WW + GS

Something Smells Fishy [Quest / NQ#1] HWpjwHq
#2Valeria Hildegard 

Something Smells Fishy [Quest / NQ#1] Empty Mon May 09, 2022 5:37 pm

Valeria Hildegard

well, i'm taking my time
i'm just moving along

Nevertheless, over time, if there was one lesson that she had learned, it was that there was no point in hating herself because it was nothing more than a waste of time. She would much rather direct the rage that bubbled within her towards others of her kind. However, today was no such day. The usual clear skies and the glaring sun were hidden behind an ocean of clouds, making waves that drowned away any sign of light. It almost mimicked the state of the city itself. As she ventured closer to the calm sea, timid and shy underneath the blanket of gloom that covered it, she couldn't help but notice the murmurs and the sighs around her. It was not something she did willingly but when they spoke so loudly against the gentle rumbles of the sky, her ears would perk up. It was unpleasant, as expressed by the sign that escaped her blood-red lips.
156 ● 336/2500

MADE BY VEL OF WW + GS

#3Valeria Hildegard 

Something Smells Fishy [Quest / NQ#1] Empty Mon May 09, 2022 5:38 pm

Valeria Hildegard

well, i'm taking my time
i'm just moving along

Tucking the wild strands of silver hair behind her ear, she turned around to escape into the comfort of silence. However, her plans were interrupted when her steps were halted by a woman, slightly shorter than herself. In the dimmed light, she looked a lot older than what the sound of her voice indicated. "E..e..excuse me." Valeria knew she was talking to her. She had heard that fearful stammer far too many times to know otherwise but the momentary halt soon met its end. She continued walking. "Excuse me, please help us." If Valeria was the person she had been about sixty years ago, she would have stopped, asked them what she could do to help, and done her best to assist them. However, the vampire, as she was now, did not care but found herself with enough decency to look the woman in the eyes and reply. "No." She then continued on her way. The voice behind her never stopped though, only growing louder and more desperate.
168 ● 504/2500

MADE BY VEL OF WW + GS

#4Valeria Hildegard 

Something Smells Fishy [Quest / NQ#1] Empty Mon May 09, 2022 5:41 pm

Valeria Hildegard

well, i'm taking my time
i'm just moving along

"Please, our fish are going missing. We can't feed our children enough. Our fishermen are going crazy." The pleas reached the woman's ears but not her stone-cold heart. At least that was the case until the slurred words 'red eyes' made their way through the cries of the woman and the rumbling of the gods above. She instantly turned around, walking back towards the woman who stood next to a man, visibly drunk. "I'm telling you, then- there was a thing. A...a creature. It had red eyes." His body was stumbling along with the wind that carried the stench of whiskey that coated his entire body. With flushed cheeks and eyes half open, he kept mumbling about a red-eyed monster. "Red-eyed monster? What is he talking about?" Pushing him aside, the woman turned her attention back toward Valeria. "I'm telling you, these fools are going crazy. They've been talking about some creature that keeps stealing the fish. The only thing they know about it is that it has red eyes. It's probably the alcohol talking but our fish keeps disappearing. Without it, we don't have enough to feed our families."
190 ● 694/2500

MADE BY VEL OF WW + GS

#5Valeria Hildegard 

Something Smells Fishy [Quest / NQ#1] Empty Mon May 09, 2022 5:42 pm

Valeria Hildegard

well, i'm taking my time
i'm just moving along

"Is that why you need my help?" Upon the frantic nod of the woman, Valeria reacted. She had made up her mind to go in search of this creature the moment she heard about the eyes. Her fist clenched, her long nails digging into her skin. She could feel the rage bubbling inside her. While she knew that not all red-eyed creatures were vampires, the absence of their abundance provided a good possibility that it was exactly what she thought it was. She could feel the heartbeat that had died down years ago. Yes, this was the feeling she craved, the feeling that made her feel different from those she loathed. This was the feeling that she would chase, no matter how far she would have to run. "Where is this creature?" The woman looked shocked at her agreement and while the fear still lingered in her eyes, her face was overcome with joy. Her body loosened a little.
159 ● 853/2500

MADE BY VEL OF WW + GS

#6Valeria Hildegard 

Something Smells Fishy [Quest / NQ#1] Empty Mon May 09, 2022 5:43 pm

Valeria Hildegard

well, i'm taking my time
i'm just moving along

She led the vampire to a few fishermen who looked at her hesitantly. The not-so-subtle glances that they have each other were enough to remind her that they hadn't asked for her help because they needed her. It was easier for one monster to handle another than for them to do it themselves. Nevertheless, her feelings were not hurt. She had gotten used to such treatment a long time ago. If anything, it aided her hunt for vampires because people always pushed her forward to deal with them. A few of them boarded a small boat, ready to set sail close to the cave with this supposed creature was spotted. Valeria climbed the boat, pushing down the smell of harbour which bothered her, for some reason. While it was dangerous for them to set sail in such weather, they were desperate. Their situation, however, made no difference to the silver-haired female.
151 ● 1004/2500

MADE BY VEL OF WW + GS

#7Valeria Hildegard 

Something Smells Fishy [Quest / NQ#1] Empty Mon May 09, 2022 5:44 pm

Valeria Hildegard

well, i'm taking my time
i'm just moving along

Valeria was out for one thing and one thing only. Blood. It wasn't feeding on it that she wanted but rather, the rush she felt when she saw it. More importantly, the rush when it belonged to another vampire. Her fingers twitched, itching to dive her claws into the skin of a vampire. Perhaps if it put up a fight, she would find more delight in killing it. She had always enjoyed watching fights but never found herself to be someone who found pleasure in being in them. However, that was buried deep into her stone heart once she laid eyes on another of her species. Watching them flailing about after pretending to be superior and tough brought out a sadistic nature that she didn't even know she had. The confidence in their eyes slowly deteriorated and morphed into the same fear that they made others feel. A fear that she knew all too well.
155 ● 1159/2500

MADE BY VEL OF WW + GS

#8Valeria Hildegard 

Something Smells Fishy [Quest / NQ#1] Empty Mon May 09, 2022 5:45 pm

Valeria Hildegard

well, i'm taking my time
i'm just moving along

Making them feel the same thing she did was almost rewarding. It gave her the serotonin boost that she needed in her monotonous life as an outsider, an observer who liked to remain on the side-lines. Once upon a time, she thought it was inhumane of her. After all, she wanted to differentiate herself from vampires so doing the same thing that was contrary to what she wanted. She constantly found herself on a line between feeling superior to them and feeling like she was one of them. However, there was a certain allure in watching them express the same fear their victims did. Watching them get a taste of their medicine was oddly rewarding. After all, how could she ever be the same as those creatures? They hurt innocent people. Valeria, on the other hand, hunts down monsters. Perhaps all those humans were right, after all, they were nothing more than blood-sucking demons.
154 ● 1313/2500

MADE BY VEL OF WW + GS

#9Valeria Hildegard 

Something Smells Fishy [Quest / NQ#1] Empty Mon May 09, 2022 5:45 pm

Valeria Hildegard

well, i'm taking my time
i'm just moving along

The faces of her family flashed before her eyes. The fear in their eyes. Was that what they thought of her too? That she was the same as all those monsters? Maybe they were right in thinking so but they knew her, they loved her but they chose to treat her like a villain. She found herself blaming them for the way she turned out. However, there was no point in pointing fingers and people who were in their graves. Instead, she chose to point her finger toward those within her reach. The rumbling of the skies grew louder as they travelled across the sea. The dark waves grew more and more frantic as she etched closer to the location of the cave. The magic stones that she held in their hands were enough to light the path to tell them the general direction in which they were headed. It was almost like the sea was sending them a warning sign.
161 ● 1474/2500

MADE BY VEL OF WW + GS

#10Valeria Hildegard 

Something Smells Fishy [Quest / NQ#1] Empty Mon May 09, 2022 5:47 pm

Valeria Hildegard

well, i'm taking my time
i'm just moving along

Multiple times, they glanced at each other, wondering if they should stop. "I-I think we should head back." One of the three men on the boat with her spoke with a voice that desperately tried to hide its fear. Valeria looked at him, her crimson gaze glowing against the stark contrast of the dark environment. "Keep going. If you stop, you'll be the one that goes missing." She took a pause. For a moment, it sounded like she was giving them advice meant for their safety until she uttered her next words. "I'll make sure of it." She could see them frantically panic until another one decided to toughen up against her. "No, these winds are not safe. If we go to the cave, we'll be stranded. We're heading back." The others nodded their head in agreement, willing to succumb to an idea that would take away Valeria's opportunity to free herself from the rage that was bubbling inside since the moment she thought the creature could potentially be a vampire.
171 ● 1645/2500

MADE BY VEL OF WW + GS

#11Valeria Hildegard 

Something Smells Fishy [Quest / NQ#1] Empty Mon May 09, 2022 5:47 pm

Valeria Hildegard

well, i'm taking my time
i'm just moving along

Hence, the silver-haired woman did what any sane person would do at that moment. She raised her right leg, adorned by one-half of the pair of black pants she wore. The heel of her boot found its way towards the man who confidently spoke the words she disliked and without any remorse, she pushed him into the water. She heard screams but she didn't know if they belonged to the man she pushed or to his comrades. It didn't matter regardless. "Do you still want to turn back?" The men seemed like they wanted to save their fellow fisherman who was already swallowed by the waves. He had drifted so far that his voice drowned within the splashes of the water. The other two were scared of losing their friend but terrified of losing their own lives so they kept rowing. They did so frantically and passionately, so much so that they arrived a lot quicker than she expected.
159 ● 1804/2500

MADE BY VEL OF WW + GS

#12Valeria Hildegard 

Something Smells Fishy [Quest / NQ#1] Empty Mon May 09, 2022 5:48 pm

Valeria Hildegard

well, i'm taking my time
i'm just moving along

Once they reached the end of the water, she stepped onto the sandy land which lead to a cave a few meters away. The fishermen were unsure of what to do. They wanted to know what was happening but their overwhelming urge to get away from the female vampire emerged victoriously. Valeria took a step out of the boat before turning towards them. "Oh, if you think of leaving without me, I hope you remember that I know where you and your family live." People were kind of pathetic. The silver-haired woman would never act on such a threat simply because it sounded tiresome. However, words alone were enough to make them succumb to her. As she wandered off, the fishermen became anxious. They couldn't leave without her but the eerie atmosphere of the cave gave away signs of a looming danger. They were scared and their best bet was to remain beside her, even if she was the most dangerous one there.
163 ● 1967/2500

MADE BY VEL OF WW + GS

#13Valeria Hildegard 

Something Smells Fishy [Quest / NQ#1] Empty Mon May 09, 2022 5:49 pm

Valeria Hildegard

well, i'm taking my time
i'm just moving along

The fishermen followed the vampire as she headed into the cave. Picking up a large stick, she held her hand over the end, lighting it with fire and then using it as a torch. As she headed deeper into the cave, her nose picked up the scent of blood. It was strong enough to drown the overwhelming stench of the sea which remained outside the confines of the rock they walked into. as the light reached the end of the small cage, she saw blood splatters escaping bodies of dead fish beyond which stood a frantic figure, hunched over as it juiced out the blood from the fish in its hand. The men screamed but the woman found a smile carving upon her lips. She slowly giggled, catching the creature's attention. Those blood-thirsty eyes accompanied by the smeared red around its mouth were enough to let her know that the creature was, in fact, a vampire.
156 ● 2123/2500

MADE BY VEL OF WW + GS

#14Valeria Hildegard 

Something Smells Fishy [Quest / NQ#1] Empty Mon May 09, 2022 5:50 pm

Valeria Hildegard

well, i'm taking my time
i'm just moving along

Upon seeing them, it did not hesitate. It dropped the fish it was holding and jumped at the man who stood behind Valeria. The creature, however, wasn't fast enough. As it attempted to pass her and attach the men, she grabbed it with her free hand. Her fingers laced around its neck as she pushed it back. The creature went flying into the wall, causing a small quake. Without missing a beat, she strode towards it. Its eyes were filled with hunger, darting between the woman and two terrified men. However, before it could get back up, she raised her leg, the same one that pushed the man off the edge of the boat, and slammed it against the vampire's face. It went flying given that she had spared no strength in that kick. As it stumbled and groaned in pain, she could a sense of elation taking over her. She mercilessly went at the poor creature a few more times, just until the look of hunger on its face changed into one of fear.
175 ● 2298/2500

MADE BY VEL OF WW + GS

#15Valeria Hildegard 

Something Smells Fishy [Quest / NQ#1] Empty Mon May 09, 2022 5:51 pm

Valeria Hildegard

well, i'm taking my time
i'm just moving along

It growled and grumbled and then begged for mercy. "Please have mercy, don't kill me." Those were the words she wanted to hear, the words that told her she had done enough damage. "Mercy? It's something I don't know of and something you don't really deserve." She steadied her hand before diving it towards its heart. Her long nails pierced through its flesh and bones until she could feel the immobile heart. Valeria grabbed it and ripped it out. A scream followed her action. Turning towards its source, she signed. "Stop being so dramatic, isn't this what you wanted?" The heart, red and luscious, that laid in her hand was immediately set ablaze. "Take your stupid fish and go." Knowing that she was talking to them, the fishermen wasted no time in collecting the fish that hadn't yet been bled dry and put them in a net they carried with them from the boat. They worked with speed and efficiency. Valeria liked that because that meant less time wasted. As they hurriedly took their fish and departed back to their homes, the silver-haired woman looked at the corpse lying down before her. Its stagnant expression paused on fear. It looked like a newly turned vampire lost at sea. A part of her thought she might have made a mistake but soon enough, she found herself scoffing at that idea.
229 ● 2527/2500

MADE BY VEL OF WW + GS

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum