Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Zane and Beelzebub """"""""""""""""""""subtly"""""""""""""""""""" rationalize their plans and motivations before the timeskip in a solo thread that is not at all meant as a desperate last-ditch resort to make the January activity check [Solo]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Guest 

Zane and Beelzebub """"""""""""""""""""subtly"""""""""""""""""""" rationalize their plans and motivations before the timeskip in a solo thread that is not at all meant as a desperate last-ditch resort to make the January activity check [Solo] Empty Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:46 pm

"That book? Uh..." The teenage girl that was lazily manning the shabby old bookstore in Astera took a peek at the volume that Zane had brought her. The 'Secrets of the Abyss' it was called, a dusty old tome that contained knowledge that may or may not be true. "Uh............. like................ uh............. like.........." Zane tapped his finger on the counter, patiently waiting for this girl to figure it out. He had that type of patience, right? He was an adult. A mature adult. A really calm, patient, mature adult. "Just tell her to hurry it up already, Zane! I can neither take this girl's stalling nor her disgustingly trendy haircut!" Beelzebub demanded. A sigh escaped Zane's lips. So much for trying to be calm and mature for the first time in his life.

"Look." Zane straightened his posture and lightly slammed his other hand down upon the counter. "Do you know how long I have been searching for this tome?" He asked. The teenage girl stopped her confused humming and looked in Zane's direction, raising an eyebrow at him as though he was speaking in riddles. "Uhhhh..... no? Like.... it's like, your life, man..... like, why would I like, care?" She asked. Zane fell silent. Was he like this as a teenager? Was he always this carefree, rude and all around stupid? "You do notice you still have all 3 as a fully grown man, yes?"

"No, I don't!" Zane slammed his right hand down at Beelzebub's insult, only a second later realizing he had said it out loud. The teenage girl gave him an even more puzzled look now. She no doubt thought he belonged in a sanitorium. It wasn't just that either - generally speaking Zane's facial expressions changed when talking to Beelzebub in his head. This rarely made a good impression, especially in this instance. "Uhhh... like.... if you like.... wanna take it, it's like, free to like, take. Like, they don't pay me enough for this shit, like, yeah...."

Zane decided that he might as well take what he could get, grabbing the book off the counter and exiting the store post-haste.

#2Guest 

Zane and Beelzebub """"""""""""""""""""subtly"""""""""""""""""""" rationalize their plans and motivations before the timeskip in a solo thread that is not at all meant as a desperate last-ditch resort to make the January activity check [Solo] Empty Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:56 pm

"Why did you buy this dusty old thing anyways?" Beelzebub asked, his little fly eyes centered on the cover of the ancient tome. "Oh. Wait. I suppose if you're greedy you want everything, even this..." Beelzebub's voice sounded almost... disappointed in his own beliefs for a moment there, perhaps regretting that he wasn't assigned something easier to manage like pride or lust. "Yeah, you really didn't think your ideals through, huh?" Zane asked, conversing with his demon friend inside his head as he roamed the busy streets of Astera in search of a place to sit and read. "Guess we better go dig some poop out of the sewers, right? Because it exists. And we're greedy. So we want everything, right? Right?"

"Quiet! You've made your point, just tell me what's in the stupid tome!" Beelzebub demanded, not in the mood to have yet another stupid and pointless argument - the two of them had already in engaged in roughly 4 of those earlier today. It was 10 am. Zane patted the book, the poor thing practically almost breaking in two from his little love tap. "The Abyss. I wanna go there." Zane claimed, expecting approval or praise from Beelzebub in both his curiosity and determination. Beelzebub fell silent for a minute. Zane quickly became confused, smacking himself on the head a couple of times as though he was a sitcom character attempting to fix a piece of broken machinery. "HAHAHAHAHAHA! The ABYSS?!" Beelzebub finally chimed in, his voice louder than it had every been before. Zane quickly felt a splitting headache, holding his head in his right hand and cringing to himself. "Ouch, ouch! Where the hell is the volume on this thing?!" Zane cried out, earning himself numerous confused stares from people passing by.

#3Guest 

Zane and Beelzebub """"""""""""""""""""subtly"""""""""""""""""""" rationalize their plans and motivations before the timeskip in a solo thread that is not at all meant as a desperate last-ditch resort to make the January activity check [Solo] Empty Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:15 pm

The Abyss - the land where demons lived, apparently. Zane hadn't exactly asked Beelzebub much about it, but stereotypes of demons in media definitely gave him a decent guess: it was probably really, really, really big. Like, unreasonably big. It probably was full of nothing but wastelands, deserts, gulches and volcanos. There would probably be the occasional castle built by a big powerful demon or something, with a big statue of himself out front to really boost his ego. "What's so funny? I thought you'd wanna go home!" Zane caught himself, standing up straight once and again and walking forwards as he was before. People were still looking at him a little funny however. "Earthland, despite its general softness and peacefulness, is actually a much better place. You've got a much more... varied and aesthetically pleasing. landscape. And more interesting relics to collect..." That last part seemed like the more important half of Beelzebub's reasoning. It did make a bit of sense. Demons were probably too interested in killing each other or something to really make much of interest. Not to say that Earthlanders didn't do that either, just... to a much lesser degree. "Now answer my question. Why in the world would you desire to journey to the Abyss?"

#4Guest 

Zane and Beelzebub """"""""""""""""""""subtly"""""""""""""""""""" rationalize their plans and motivations before the timeskip in a solo thread that is not at all meant as a desperate last-ditch resort to make the January activity check [Solo] Empty Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:23 pm

"Well you know, it's like... kinda interesting, you know?" Zane replied, his dialect switching to that of the teenage girl from earlier for a moment there. "I mean, no Earthlander has been there, right?" Zane asked, enticed by the idea that he could be the only person from this realm to travel there and back. He enjoyed fame, even after his transition back to an elf. "I don't know." Beelzebub replied casually, not even bothering to act all smart like he usually would. Zane paused. "You... you don't know? Aren't you like, pretty important?"

"Correct, but..." Beelzebub needed some time to formulate some sort of excuse for himself. Zane wouldn't give him that sort of preparation. "But what? You're Beelzebub! You know, lord of the flies? Demon LORD? ANCIENT bein-"

"Woah! Do not dare to bring my age into this, you buffoon!" Beelzebub quickly snapped back, his voice carrying the weight of a thousand flies in Zane's head. Actually, wait. How many kilograms was a thousand flies? One second. Alright, alright. One male fly is 0.0000115, right? So a thousand flies would be 0.0115 kilograms. What the hell? Somebody feed Beelzebub a sandwich, goddamn... "Sorry, sorry... but still, why don't you know?"

#5Guest 

Zane and Beelzebub """"""""""""""""""""subtly"""""""""""""""""""" rationalize their plans and motivations before the timeskip in a solo thread that is not at all meant as a desperate last-ditch resort to make the January activity check [Solo] Empty Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:43 pm

"Do you really think I care about Earthlanders that much? And even if I did, the Abyss is huge. Earthland is but a drop in a puddle compared to the vast sea that is my realm, I assure you. They could've visited a space with nobody around. Perhaps a human did venture there once before, perhaps not. I do not know, and quite frankly do not care enough to know." Beelzebub explained. It was impossible to keep track of everything that went on down there. The explanation made sense for the most part, though Zane certainly hoped there was some sort of super-smart-demon-scholar-dude down there who would be willing to go through all the info and tell him if he was the first to make the trip or not. "Is that really the only reason, though? Even for you it seems especially shallow and boring to be your sole motivator." Ouch. Thankfully it wasn't. Zane finally found a bench to sit on, dusting off the tome in front of him one last time before explaining to Beelzebub just what he was planning to do once he got down to the Abyss - if he could in the first place, anyways...

#6Guest 

Zane and Beelzebub """"""""""""""""""""subtly"""""""""""""""""""" rationalize their plans and motivations before the timeskip in a solo thread that is not at all meant as a desperate last-ditch resort to make the January activity check [Solo] Empty Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:47 pm

Beelzebub made a good point. Zane was certainly one to chase after clout, but this was a step too far even for him - there must have been other reasons at play as well. "I want us to become equals." Zane plainly stated, opening up the first page of the old book. The text was old and withered, but most definitely readable. This would be a good first step in his research on opening some sort of portal there. "...Equals... I see." In the past Beelzebub most likely would've scoffed at the idea, but the multiple years the two had spent together at this point had led to a close bond, one in which Beelzebub actually wanted to see Zane as an equ- well, wait. He wouldn't quite go THAT far. Beelzebub wanted to see Zane as an almost-equal. He was more than fine with him making it 99% of the way to that point. "Very well then, I understand your intentions. A visit to the abyss would certainly toughen you up. Let's look into it."

#7Guest 

Zane and Beelzebub """"""""""""""""""""subtly"""""""""""""""""""" rationalize their plans and motivations before the timeskip in a solo thread that is not at all meant as a desperate last-ditch resort to make the January activity check [Solo] Empty Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:51 pm

Zane and Beelzebub studied the old tome to little effect. They made some glimpses into the subject, but not much that could be of use. The elven mage certainly didn't expect it to be easy, but the road ahead seemed like what could possibly be the hardest puzzle of all time. The two of them spent the rest of their evening in their apartment, brainstorming ideas and trying to pick at old pieces of Beelzebub's memory that could be of some use. The next day Zane would scour Astera's other bookstores in search of any more research that would be of use to him, yet found little of note. It became clear very quickly that a search like this wasn't a good fit for Astera: it was a tourist city by the ocean, not particularly steeped in knowledge or history... besides the knowledge of bikinis and overpriced ice cream, anyways. Zane sat in his apartment once again that night, wondering just where he'd need to go in order to find the info he was so desperately seeking for...

#8Guest 

Zane and Beelzebub """"""""""""""""""""subtly"""""""""""""""""""" rationalize their plans and motivations before the timeskip in a solo thread that is not at all meant as a desperate last-ditch resort to make the January activity check [Solo] Empty Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:56 pm

"Hope it's not too heavy, buddy..." Zane muttered, packing his bags onto Draqilin's back. The creature let out some sort of sound in return, one that Zane could only imagine was of affirmation. Beelzebub chimed in, concerned about Zane's relative lack of direction with this trip. "You really have no destination? At all?! And to believe I thought you had somehow attained even a shred of intelligence as of late..." The lord of the flies lamented, sad to see his host go back to his old and much more stupid ways. Zane audibly chuckled as he hopped onto Draqilin's back, overlooking the town of Astera before he'd be on his way. "Relax." He'd reply, speaking aloud. "Stuff in my life is never normal. It always end up being some wacky coincidence that gets me to the places I wanna be... or don't wanna be, in some cases."

Zane directed Draqilin in the other direction as the beast began speeding off into the landscape ahead of them, taking the trio in whatever direction fate (and Zane's whims) pointed them in. "I'm sure if I just wander around for long enough we'll stumble upon the portal to the Abyss in the woods of something!" Zane explained, clearly under the influence of something or another - most likely his own stupidity. "Why? Why did I get stuck with you as a host?" Beelzebub whined to fate itself, his little fly voice full of despair.

EXIT

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum