Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

It's a Family Reunion [Odin/EN]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Khalfani † 

It's a Family Reunion [Odin/EN] Empty Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:02 pm

Khalfani †

"Everyday I grow closer to Apep." Khalfani sighed. The Vampiric Lieutenant sat with their legs crossed atop a table at the alter. An unresponsive human rested on the dirty velvet carpet beneath the alters table while the young Knight had their way with him. Khal lifted the humans wrist to their lips before biting down and draining whatever else was left inside of him. The entire church was scattered with bodies of drained humans. The aroma of fresh blood filled the atmosphere of the desolate building as the crimson liquid painted the walls. "No matter how hard I try to stay away from human blood, It's only a matter of time before I give in…and then this happens." Khal said to themselves. They dropped the humans arm, allowing him to fall to the floor in disappointment. Being a vampire wasn't ever apart of their plan, but they'd be lying their ass off if they said they weren't grateful for this second life. If it wasn't for their comrade on Earthland-9, Khal would have died. Perhaps this was a gift and the Desiertan would fare better not treating it like it was a curse. It’d be disrespectful to the very person who gave them this new life if the newborn vampire didn’t embrace this new person. Still, the hunger that came with it had caused them to kill dozens of people already. They couldn’t shake this feeling of guilt.

In any case, Khal wondered how their father would react to all of this. Odin, the infamous Wizard Lord, was not easily impressed or surprised. The Skeleton man had a set agenda and he usually didn’t care about anything else if it didn’t align with his agenda. Alas, Khal was certain that this new and improved version of themself would spark some sort of reaction from the man he had remained loyal too. After all, Khal had been gone and undercover for quite some time. They trained in a time chamber where two two years there was two days on earthland, they had become the youngest Lieutenant in the Rune Knights, and now they were a vampire ready to join Eternal Nightmare. So, when they heard that Odin and Erebus were in the East, they wasted no time in sending a lackey to deliver a message their way for them to meet the vampiric child. Khal had information on some of the Rune Knights and their abilities but they weren't able to learn much more outside of that. Any more digging would get them killed. Odin would just have to be grateful for whatever was presented to him. "Any day now, old man."

#2Odin † 

It's a Family Reunion [Odin/EN] Empty Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:59 am

Odin †

Dahlia had always been a weird place for Odin, as he passed through the streets required to reach the Sagrada Church. By technicality of location, it didn't fall under the West of Fiore that Odin, and by extension Eternal Nightmare, had claimed under their banner. And yet it held a connection to the Lich that gave him the desire to assist it and hold it under his name. This was a city he had spent a great deal of time in, long before its industrial surge. He had been here when it had merely been a collection of houses and a broken down train station, when people lived in fear of lycans and vampires killing them at a moment's notice. The killings still happened of course, but there were more people so it was a lot less noticeable.

This was also the place where Odin had died. The only place he would ever have died since it was now impossible. He held a strange sentimentality around Dahlia, and he was glad to take a few hours today to actually explore it again before he and Erebus got started back on their mission. There was a foul magic coming from the woods he would have to investigate, but this was Dahlia. When wasn't there a foul magic in the woods?

Today though, Odin was visiting the church. For two reasons mostly. The first was because the people of Dahlia had paid him to deal with the 'vampire menace' terrorising the place. Apparently the light guilds were too busy again and it was up to Odin to actually do the dirty work. Not that he had any intentions of murdering vampires: if they were this bold perhaps they were strong, and perhaps they would be of use. It's not like Odin was acting out of any sense of altruism, he benefitted from this too.

The other reason was much more simple: Odin had received a letter from his only child. The letter was signed by Khalfani, but the content could only have come from someone who had previously gone by Bryson. An informant placed within the Rune Knights, now returning to their rightful place at Odin's table. Regardless of the information he was given, Odin was actually just excited to see how much growth his child had experienced. It had been some time since he had last seen them, and change was inevitably a part of this world.

At the altar, surrounded on all sides by the numerous dead bodies that had clearly been used for sustenance, sat Khalfani. They looked simultaneously completely different and exactly like the young child that Odin had saved in Astera. There was no denying who they were, but the amount of bodies did give Odin pause, as he spoke: his words echoing throughout the almost entirely empty church.

"Apologies, it seems I am a bit late to the party."

#3Khalfani † 

It's a Family Reunion [Odin/EN] Empty Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:05 pm

Khalfani †

When the hunger was finally satisfied, Khalfani could do nothing but stare at the bodies scattered throughout the church. One thing about the young Savannan for certain is that they never lied to themselves. The hunger had done a great job distracting them from the weight of this simple truth; they were not very good at handling the urge. The feeling of regret slowly started to trickle down their spine. Quietly, Khal reflected. They tortured themselves by trying to remember the voices of every individual before they died- that was until the one and only Lord of Lords walked through the door. The teenage vampire immediately snapped towards their father, smirking with excitement as they ran their bloody fingers through their hair. "It was more like a meet and greet. Don't worry, you didn't miss anything important, father." Khal pushed themself off the alters table and folded their arms, still smirking as the leaned back. "I haven't seen you in months, I thought you'd be happier to see me. You know...after sending your twelve year old child to infiltrate the council and hardly checking in on me." Khalfani teased. Oddly enough, they weren't actually that upset. Though...there was this faint feeling of being used. "I learned all I could by the way..." How were they getting hungry...again?

#4Odin † 

It's a Family Reunion [Odin/EN] Empty Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:48 am

Odin †

It was extremely refreshing, more so than Odin had initially considered, seeing the evolution from Bryson to Khalfani. The once timid child had become something so much more. Confidence radiated from the vampire: both in their strength and their being. Even though Odin hadn't directly influenced their experiences, he felt a sense of pride well up from deep inside him, having been the one to send Khalfani on their path within the Rune Knights. Their comment prompted a chuckle from the Lich. who began to make his way directly to the altar, wanting to see his child close up. His path was halted by their words however, only for a moment but long enough that anyone could have spotted it. His child's words cut deeper than even Odin had expected. There weren't many people that Odin viewed on the same level as he did his child, and all the others were his founders and generals within Eternal Nightmare. Khalfani was truly someone special to the Wizard Lord.

"If it were so simple, I would have seen you." Odin's voiced started quiet, but that feeling of pride came back as he continued, "But a Lieutenant of the Rune Knights being caught seen with the only Wizard Lord in Fiore? It was a risk too great to take. If you were revealed, if I was the reason your cover was blown, I wouldn't have forgiven myself." He hoped that his words would be enough to prove to Khalfani that he still cared deeply about his child, he had never stopped.

Reaching his vampiric child just as he heard their final words, Odin didn't even hesitate, "I know you did, and I can't wait to hear what you've uncovered. But, more importantly", Odin had been wanting to see his child for some time now, especially as he had began his own mission to defeat the Bishops. It was time for all the pieces to move around. "It's time for you to come home. I want you by my side in Eternal Nightmare. You have become strong during your tenure in the knights, stronger than even I could have foreseen, and it's time for you to use that power." As he spoke, Odin placed a hand on his child's shoulder, the mother fatherly thing he had probably ever done.

#5Khalfani † 

It's a Family Reunion [Odin/EN] Empty Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:55 pm

Khalfani †

Khalfani's smirk slowly dimmed into nothingness. Their expression had changed but not because they were angered or anything like that, merely because it was time to get down to business. Odin expressed that he would have seen the young Desiertan if it was wise, to say the least. Their father was right. The mission was most important and nothing could have or should have come between it. With a nod Khalfani pushed themselves upward before wiping their mouth of the blood dripping onto the floor beneath them.

"Right, of course, father. In any case, you have kept me well cared for. As always, I am grateful." Khal confirmed.

When in the presence of the Lord of nightmare, Khalfani felt completely safe. Odin had not betrayed the young vampire and had consistently supported their endeavors despite not always being physically present. It was easy for Odin to sway Khal's emotions and that fact alone undoubtedly made the teenager the ultimate lackey. When Odin had finally invited Khalfani back home, as one would expect any child to act when embraced by their parent, their eyes lit up. The vampire froze for a second, looking away to think for a moment. Thoughts swam through their head as they attempted to decipher what walking the path of nightmare would mean for their future.

This world was corrupt in every sense of the word. Children were enslaved daily, women were tortured and all non-humans faced heavy prejudice and discrimination. Khalfani knew that in order to forge a new world that death, blood, and chaos would need to consume this realm- yet still, would the Pharaoh and the people of Desierto condemn the young child? If not for being a creature of chaos, then for the "crimes" they would commit? For the unspeakable violence they would have to create all across this world? Perhaps it was already too late to be accepted by the family that had discarded them. With a frown, the vampire concluded. They are not my true family. they thought before turning back towards Odin.

"If I remember correctly, when you first found me, you spoke of a world where kings, queens and monarchs would not obtain such titles just from birth, but merit as well. I knew I wanted to help forge that world, but I had never thought about what I would become in it. Now..I know." the desiertan began, bowing their head. "If your will is for me to be home with you, then I will not refuse, but..." clenching their fists, they continued, lifting their head. The red gleaming eyes of the young vampire would gaze into the Lord’s own sockets.

"Eventually, I want to rule as Monarch. I know that we are not bound by blood, but I am your child and deserve to be recognized as such. If I am to come home I ask that home acknowledge me as an official lord, and the first prince of this new world, father. And with your blessing, I ask to be legitimized as a Morningstar."

#6Odin † 

It's a Family Reunion [Odin/EN] Empty Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:40 am

Odin †

Odin laughed, harder and louder than he possibly ever had before. It came from deep within him, a primal feeling that accompanied it as his voice echoed throughout the church. The laugh was not one of hilarity, however, and the tone of the sound made that abundantly clear. Odin was not mocking his child's desires, far from it: he had never been more proud. The feeling that was welling up inside of him was unlike any he had ever felt, and the ambition Khalfani showed only sought to elevate that pride to a completely new level. Forgetting who he was for a brief moment, the Lich pulled his child close in an embrace, before letting go and regaining his composure.

"Khalfani", Odin began, his voice now serious but still full of pride, "my aim has always been to change this world. The regime change in Bosco was merely the first step: a way to prove to people that new systems could work and should not be feared." The Wizard Lord's look was intense. His child wished for something truly impressive, it was up to Odin to make sure they were ready for it. "Ruling a kingdom has never been my ambition, and our new world will need a strong leader. One who has seen both the light and the dark of Fiore and knows how to integrate themself with both the nobles and the populace. I can't think of a better candidate."

Odin hadn't actually stopped to think about who would rule Fiore until this moment. It had been one of the glaring holes in his plan to change the system. He had hoped a champion would prove themselves up to the task, and who better than his own child. A child not only by circumstance, but now in name too.

"Khalfani Morningstar, welcome home."

#7Khalfani † 

It's a Family Reunion [Odin/EN] Empty Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:12 pm

Khalfani †

Khalfani's eyes widened at their fathers words. It grew as a surprise that the Lich lord himself had no ambitions of ruling - at least as a king- in this new world. Khalfani had been to a number of places both in the spiritual realm and the mortal realm, parallel dimensions and all. It was as if entity's out of their reach had been controlling their destiny, pulling them to and fro without them having any say. Alas, the young Desiertan, Lord of Desierto by right, found purpose in all of their travels. The vampire had experienced slavery, poverty, pain, loss, and had struggled through it all to stand in this very moment. No king or queen would have the heart to liberate people, but they did. That made them most suited to rule not only Desierto or Fiore- but the entire world. There was a necessary evil that Khalfani would have to become one with and they were ready to embark on that journey. Although they were not nearly scratching the surface of their true power, it was only a matter of time before they would reveal to the world what it meant to liberated and be liberated. The Savannan knelt with their head facing the ground. Their fist planted on the carpet beneath them as Odin had officially named them Morningstar. Knurn, Desierto, and whomever else shared blood with them were no longer their family. Those ties were officially cut. Still, there was political value that would prove to be useful. With a smirk, Khal looked up at their father. Bowing to ones father was considered ritual all throughout the cultures of earthland. Just like Odin had confirmed Khalfani to at last be able to carry the morningstar name, Khalfani was confirming that they accepted Odin as their one true superior. The Vampire stood, their smirk growing into a grin. "I'm ready to bare the mark of Eternal Nightmare." they said, their eyes glowing with a deep red color. Let the games begin.

#8Odin † 

It's a Family Reunion [Odin/EN] Empty Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:56 am

Odin †

Odin had done many things throughout his life that felt ritualistic, most of them done in the name of evil. He had trapped someone's soul after making a deal with them, holding them forever as his prisoner; he had sacrificed and devoured the hearts of men and women alike. But nothing had ever been as pure, as simple and yet, as powerful, as that of today. Khalfani was being named Morningstar, becoming the Lich's true child in name. They kneeled to accept the honour, giving Odin their full commitment as a member of the Wizard Lord's family. Bearing the name Morningstar was not a simple task, Odin knew that well enough, but it was one he felt Khalfani was ready for. They had experienced true pain before meeting their father, then watched the light mages and Rune Knights of the world. They knew both sides of the coin, something many people could not claim. They would become the ruler of Fiore, Odin would ensure it, and the world would prosper as a result.

As they stood, willing now to accept the mark of the guild, the pride that exuded from the Lich was obvious. The seals could now be put into place, the mark could now be bestowed, and Khalfani could finally gain the powers they deserved. The powers of Eternal Nightmare. And, as Odin's group and allies grew once more, he felt himself pushing ever closer to his goal.

Soon, my love. You will be free.

-Exit-

#9Khalfani † 

It's a Family Reunion [Odin/EN] Empty Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:14 pm

Khalfani †

Everything was slowly but surely all falling into place for Khalfani. With a Wizard Lord as their guardian, backed by the entire Eternal Nightmare, it was finally time for the Desiertian to begin their journey to power. True power. Eternal Nightmare, to the young vampire, stood as a symbol of rebellion, justice, and freedom. This was the guild that would restart the entire country, if not the world. This was the guild that Khalfani could help other children through and obtain revenge on all who had done them harm. The elites as they knew them were corrupt and so they had to seize the power and deliver a world where freedom truly rang. The mark of nightmare was bestowed upon the child and now it was time to reconnect with their god given powers- the abilities that were laced in their royal blood. With no objections, the mage trailed behind their father with a smirk. This wasn't entirely about just Khalfani, however. This was also about Odin and making sure that they served the guild well. This was their new family...nothing else mattered. Khalfani would be monarch no matter what it took. They would become the necessary evil to plunge the world into peace.

- EXIT -

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum