Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Something Smells Fishy [Quest: Nathaniel]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Nathaniel Hikyuu 

Something Smells Fishy [Quest: Nathaniel] Empty Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:53 pm

Nathaniel Hikyuu
Seagulls, crashing waves and the all too familiar sound of a wooden boat grinding against the shore. Nathaniel pulled the small wooden boat alone just south of the rocky cove noted in the quests description. He was informed some creature had been stealing fish from the docks but there was little to no specification as to what to expect upon his arrival. He sighed as he performed the last tug, arching his back as he stretched and relieved the tension, he was definitely not cut out for physical labor like this.

"What are the odds I could just..." He murmured, eyes scanning loosely about for a spot to rest. He was unsure how long he had been at sea, the sun rose and fell upon his travel and he was confident he fell asleep at some point with the paddles in hand. His walk was swift, quiet and surprisingly lacking in ideal spots to relax as he passed buy numerous pointy rocks, but none that said 'lay here'.

His left hand brushed the lips of the cave as his right arm slipped into his pocket, salty air blasted his body as he pushed his way in. His eyes locking onto a a strange light a small distance down the tunnel, the movement told him it was likely a torch or a fire. As he approached he could see there was an indentation in the wall, a deep alcove with a few torches keeping it aglow. His feet tapped the stone floor beneath him as he halted, waiting a moment before peaking his head around the corner only to see a plump bulbous creature staring right back at him.

It was a staring contest...

It was also awkward.

Nat raised a hand slowly past his peaking head, waving only to be met by a, "AHHHHHHHHHHHH" forcing him to respond with his own, "AHH!" which forced another "AHHHHHH!?" from the blobby being.

The slimy creature appeared much like a strange angler fish, large jaw, light bulb on his fore head and purple oily skin. He had large teeth  that exaggerate his underbite, with small arms and legs beneath his strangely  round body. Around him baskets loaded with fish sat in briny puddles and beneath nets strung open against the walls. Nat's eyes lazily scanned the room before falling back onto the creature with a complete lack of particular care. "Hey are thos-"

"OKAY HERE TAKE THEM I DON'T WANT THEM It's voice was light, jovial and somewhat comedic as it spoke repeatedly

"Wait i jus-" He asserted, raising a finger only for it to fall limply as he was cut off for a second time.

"I'M SORRY DON'T HURT ME"

Nathaniel just watched him, packing up the fish, pushing it towards him and leaving weird inky stains on the ground beneath him. His blubbery hide glimmering against the torch light as he sped back and forth without so much of a single move from Nat's end.

"...Why?" Nat added, breaking the fish's pacing and forcing his eyes back to Nathaniel. He was scared, fear was evident but he was unsure why, Nat had to be one of the most unintimidating figures he could think of.

"I-i-i just w-w-w-wanted more fri-fri-friends." The creature responded, turning some gear in Nat's head as he observed him with a shocked expression. He could see why he felt the way he did, he was alone in a cave and he was some clear cross between a human and deep sea fish. He likely had nowhere to call home. "everyone who came here...always had spears and pitchforks and...I'm just tired. So i mean....you can have the fish back."

"You know fish need water to breathe....right?"

"THEY WHAT!?" The monster screamed in response, before sobbing  loudly as he picked up an especially large tuna in his arms.

" Well..." Nat began, fully revealing his body around the corner with a wide grin on his face. "What if I became your friend? I mean...we have a lot in common. Like...air breathing." The creature looked at him with a surprised look, unsure of whether or not he had hear exactly what he thought he had. "I mean you'd help me take these to the ships but..." and before another word was said, the creature jumped onto the young mage, sobbing loudly as it shook against the boy's body. Nathaniel could feel a combination of body fluids slide down his shirt but he did not move, he just let him cry.

"YOU'RE SHO KIND" the sobbing creature continued, Nat locking his arms around the leathery hide of the creature, stroking it's back and for a moment or two just letting him be.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Nathaniel could be seen relaxing in a boat, floating gently towards the docks with a boat full of fish, a clever grin and a new friend. With a final shove, Nat turned to the back of the boat, waving as the fish monster waved back in turn.

"Remember! Visit me whenever you want! I'll always wait for you at the docks!" He shouted as the two split apart, and Nathaniel arrived back at Astera with the stolen fish.

-Quest Complete-

Word Count: 932

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum