Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oak City - What Lies Beneath [Solo] [C-Rank]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Jin Takayama † 

Oak City - What Lies Beneath [Solo] [C-Rank] Empty Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:00 pm

Jin Takayama †
The courtyard was buzzing with the sounds of people whispering. People shuffling from side to side while they glanced around. Their eyes landed at the center of the courtyard, a lone figure stumbling between the masses. He was injured, barely able to stand. He seemed to knock on death’s door, ready to fall and croak at any given moment. The wind swirled around his facial features, blowing his already disheveled hair backwards. His eyes were red and puffy, his lungs felt like they were filled with smoke. Even the simplest task such as breathing seemed daunting. A scowl was clearly visible on his face, blood trickling freely from a wound on his forehead. A few murmurs could be heard amongst the crowd, all instantly silenced when the man’s icy glare slowly moves onto theirs. He takes a few more steps but stumbles, falling down to one knee. Blood begins to flow from a previously unknown wound around his stomach. His vision becomes blurry, his head feels as if it’s being punched repeatedly. He had to keep going, had to keep searching. One of the men in the crowd of onlookers felt sympathetic, moving in order to help him up. “Get away…” he manages to etch out as he slightly shoves the man, attempting to once again move. The shove barely moved the man, even though he used all of the strength that he had. He couldn’t dwell on it. He had to keep moving forward, keep pushing forward. With everyone still looking, he manages to make his way out of the village, a trail of blood following him. His muscles ached, a dull pain shot through his entire body. He knew he couldn’t keep going like this but he had no choice. It was something that he had to do. He continues to push his body forward, until he collapses. As he drifts in and out of consciousness, he remembers how he got to this point and the challenges that continue to lay before him.

WC: 335

#2Jin Takayama † 

Oak City - What Lies Beneath [Solo] [C-Rank] Empty Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:03 pm

Jin Takayama †
Jin could feel his head pounding as he swayed out of a not so refreshing sleep. His vision was quite blurry as he forced his eyes open. He glanced down and noticed that his hands were in cuffs on his lap. As his vision continued to clear up, it became apparent that his ankles were shackled as well. There was a good chance both sets of chains were made to seal magic. He felt surprisingly weak. Almost drained. His body was heavily bandaged and felt like mush. He could tell that he had a few bones broken. As he glances around, he sees a man sitting in a chair. His back was turned as he worked at his desk by candlelight. “Who are you?” Jin manages to get out. He quickly coughs up some blood afterward, his throat feeling as if it was being rubbed with sand paper. The man turns around, surprised that Jin was even conscious, much less talking.  “My name is Herman Tagore, I’m a physician in this little town. You were pretty banged up. I’m quite surprised you are even able to move around. How are you feeling?” “Like shit. Why am I chained up?” Jin says starkly, his head tilted downward. The man chuckles to himself and rises from his seat, removing the cuffs that bound him in the process.

I’m sorry. When I found you, I quickly realized that you were a mage. I’ve tended to many mages in my lifetime. They have a tendency to fire off random spells during states of unconsciousness. Looking out for both my safety and your own. What happened to you son?” “It’s of no concern to you.” Jin sneered as he looked around for his clothes, wanting to leave as soon as possible. He needed to find out where she was, nothing else really mattered. Finding his pants, he fumbles around in the pocket, not finding what he sought. He begins to panic a bit, franticly digging through his pockets in order to find it. “Looking for this?” the physician speaks, holding a small slip of paper. Jin reaches for it, snatching it out of the man’s hand and begins to head for the door.

WC: 368
TWC: 703

#3Jin Takayama † 

Oak City - What Lies Beneath [Solo] [C-Rank] Empty Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:05 pm

Jin Takayama †
Why are you searching for that man? Men as dangerous as him should be left alone. Your wounds should be indicative of that.” Jin grows quiet, stopping dead in his tracks. A somber look appears in his eyes as, for the first time in a long time, Jin opens up. “They’ve taken someone very dear to me. I’ll go through any lengths I have to get her back, deal with whatever trial I have to.” The physician takes a deep sigh as he eases back into his chair, staring intently into Jin’s cold, yet determined eyes. “I know a fair bit of information about that man and the people he runs with. A dangerous group that I prefer to not get involved with but I can tell you are dead set on trying to do this. I’ll tell you what I know but first, I require a little bit of help.

Jin snarls as he takes a step towards the man, his hair beginning to flicker gold. He knew full well what the man was attempting to do, tell him information little by little as long as Jin did what he asked. It was servitude at its finest. Jin’s muscles tense as he nears the man, preparing himself to strangle the life out of him. He was still weak and was not be able to move as fast as he normally would but it didn’t matter. He knew he had just enough strength left to kill him. The physician, however, calmly remains in his seat, never taking his gaze off Jin. As soon as Jin nears, he grabs the physician by the throat, easily lifting him from his chair. As he begins to strangle, the physician starts to speak once more, his soft words booming. “I understand you might think wrong of me for this but it’s for your benefit as well. Where you’ll have to go, what you’ll have to do, you’ll need your strength back and jewels as well. Otherwise, you’ll be as dead as you would have been had I not helped you.” A million thoughts swirl around in Jin’s head as his grip on the man’s throat lessens. While he hated to admit it, this man was the best chance he had at finding Izumi. Forcefully, he lets the man go, the physician lightly coughing as he eases back into his seat once more. “What do you need me to do?

WC: 405
TWC: 1,108

#4Jin Takayama † 

Oak City - What Lies Beneath [Solo] [C-Rank] Empty Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:07 pm

Jin Takayama †
Jin stood outside of the church as Herman made his way inside. He didn’t feel comfortable being in such a place, talking to those who worshipped the deities. A long time ago, his perspective on that would have been different. As a child, his mother was very religious and instilled that same religious nature with both he and his younger siblings. Every morning, they would sing praises. Every night, they would be lost in prayer. However, once the lives of both his parents as well as his siblings had come to an end due to senselessness, he stopped. It was yet another thing that died that night.

As the behemoth was lost in thought, Herman’s approaching footsteps snapped him out of it. “Seems the poor folk here are still dealing with some spirits that are roaming around in the catacombs underneath the church. Some residuals from that old Phantom Lord guild that was here. It may be a recurring thing so I may ask for your help on this periodically. There is a separate entrance to the catacombs around the back so you don’t actually have to go inside.” “How does this keep me with finding Izumi?” Jin sneers as the man walks down the steps with a cigarette in hand. He lights it up, taking a deep drag from it as he lets the smoke slowly escape from his nostrils. “It gets you information and lets me know that I’m working with someone I can trust. Mutually beneficial.” Jin growls in annoyance as he makes his way around the back, quickly finding the entrance.

WC: 265
TWC: 1,373

#5Jin Takayama † 

Oak City - What Lies Beneath [Solo] [C-Rank] Empty Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:10 pm

Jin Takayama †
Jin follows the dark stairwell downward as he was unsurprisingly greeted by an empty space. He hoped that the spirits would come to him so he could get this over with as soon as possible. Every minute wasted was a minute that something could happen to Izumi. It was maddening to say the least but he had to keep pressing forward. The more irritated he grew, the more it increased his eagerness and drive to continue forward. Nothing would stop him from searching. As he slowly make his way into the clearing, he could faintly see the flickering of a bright light in the distance. As he continued to make use of the wall as a support for walking, he could feel what seemed to be deep and intricate markings. Almost as if they were symbols. As he ran his fingers over the markings on the wall, he struggled to even make out what was being told. One thing was for sure, the language was ancient and dead. If Izumi was here, perhaps she could figure it out. Dead languages was always a specialty of her. Regardless, it was not the time to dawdle on the unknown.

Traveling further down the catacombs, the light shone once more. With each step Jin took closer, the light grew in intensity. It gave off a calm and warming sensation. It wasn’t long that the behemoth found himself at the base of another large opening. To his relief, it wasn’t empty. Littering the opening was numerous headstones, each of varying size and length. It seemed to be almost like a gravesite of sorts. Hovering around them were spirits of varying sizes and colors. Some took on a child-like appearance while others were slightly monstrous. Some roared and growled like ravenous beasts, daring to attack any and all beings that drew near. Upon spotting Jin, all of the spirits became drawn to him as they began to swirl around his body. Their incessant chatter, threats of bodily harm, and violent nudging from those actually able to physically interact with the living, drove Jin to the breaking point. He let out a powerful yell as he focuses his mana, repelling all the spirits away and shaking the foundations of the catacombs to its core. He knew that punching them would serve no purpose so instead, he opted for a different route. He’d end them all in an instant.

WC: 402
TWC: 1,775

#6Jin Takayama † 

Oak City - What Lies Beneath [Solo] [C-Rank] Empty Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:14 pm

Jin Takayama †
He cups his hands, bringing them to his side as magical energy begins to pool within. “KA...ME…” he begins as a bluish white orb forms in his hand. As the orb gets bigger, magical energy begins to discharge from it. The discharge stemming from the orb eviscerating any and all spirts that happen to come in contact with it. “HA….ME….” he utters as the discharge and the violent shaking stops. A calm and eerie silence befalls the catacombs. The more rowdy spirits see the lull as their moment to strike, speeding towards the awaiting Jin at a breakneck speeds. “HA!” He yells as he releases the now wave of energy towards the approaching spirits. In an instant, the entire room is engulfed in a white light as the magical energy rockets forward. The energy wave continues onward, going through walls and dirt before eventually dissipating.

Jin slumps to one knee, clearly out of breath by the display of power. He wasn’t back to full health so going that hard was probably unwise. His vision blurred as he slowly made his way back towards the entrance. He wanted to rest but knew that he needed to keep going. Izumi was out there somewhere and he needed to find her. As he nears the exit, he sees Herman standing with another lit cigarette in one hand and a small sack in the other. He tosses the sack to Jin as he nears as he flashes him a quick smile. “When I felt the shakes, I knew it must have been you. I was right to put those shackles on you before. You’ve quite the power. There’s your pay. They threw in a little extra for the work.” “I don’t care…” Jin says as he walks past the man, the sack barely dangling from his right hand. “You should care, son. As I mentioned, you’ll need all the help you can get if you plan on beating Tsukishima, let alone getting to him.” Jin stops in his tracks as he hears the name, quickly whipping around to face Herman. “What was that name?” Herman takes another long drag of the cigarette, letting the smoke waft around him. “The man you are after. The one, I assume, you have a long history with. His name is Tsukishima Higurashi.

WC: 384
TWC: 2,159

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum