Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pest Control #3 [Keita]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Guest 

Pest Control #3 [Keita] Empty Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:34 am

Traversing through the Orchid forest, Shichiro had placed his hands into his pockets. He was accompanied by both his animal companion, Panther Lily and his cousin, Keita. he had to go back to that smaller guild hall in order to report what they had witnessed in the farmlands. On top of that, he didn't even get around to the main objective of clearing out the den. On his way back, he decided he would try and make some small talk with Keita. There was nothing new or of interesting about these particular woods to distract his mind from the the horrific scene. he was just made to witness. "Hey Keita, what do you think happened back at the farmhouse in the few days we were gone. I never expected wild animals to make planned attacks against humans like that or witnessed scenes like that before, and I've had to live in the wilderness for a little while. Have you ever heard of such strange things happening before," Shichiro inquired. He was also curious about how the rats had then appeared afterward as if they were waiting for something like the coyotes to be finished with their attack but was interrupted by  the two of them showing up.

#2Guest 

Pest Control #3 [Keita] Empty Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:50 pm

Keita walked through the forest, looking around at the beautiful scenery of it all, taking in the wonders of nature, as he and his cousin were traveling together. He was also there with his little animal companion, his flying lemur, which he had yet to give a proper name, but he felt that this was pretty unnecessary due to the fact that the animal was intelligent enough to not care about someone else giving it a name, and so he just called it lemur and it knew that he was talking about him. As they were traveling, his cousin started asking about what he thought happened at the farm house that they had just been to a few days prior, where the animals were seemingly coordinating their attacks, and the farmers had disappeared. Keita still thought it was strange that the farmers were butchering and eating the mutated and magical beasts that were around the area, and he felt that it was some sort of strange conspiracy to attack them or the rune knights, considering he had no idea why the people would call on the rune knights to help them. “I think the farmers were doing something strange by eating the magical creatures, and the creatures teamed up to kill them. It also seems we were being used to help them out of the situation or be scapegoats.” Keita said after contemplating the fact surrounding the strange situation that they had found themselves in. Still, Keita wondered how the situation had changed with the animal den and them leaving the farm without actually clearing them out.

#3Guest 

Pest Control #3 [Keita] Empty Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:25 pm

Listening to Keita's response, he figured it was a strange theory for the farmers themselves to be eating said magical creatures themselves. Especially if they were hunting them down to eat but at the same time hiring the Rune Knights and adventurers to just kill and dispose of them. Then again, it did come to mind the last time they came here to help dispatch the vermin menace on their farms, they did just leave the corpses there in the fields for them to dispose of how they saw fit. it wasn't completely out of the question they would be using them as a food source. What Shichiro didn't understand was how and why the two opposing factions of the rats and the coyotes settled down long enough to come to an agreement and decided the humans were the most vile in all of this. So many questions remained unanswered but Shichiro felt as if this matter wasn't big enough to worry about himself. He would continue to do the task he was hired for but in the end, he just wanted to clear cut instructions and directions on how to go about disposing of them. 

Responding to Keita, he said, "While that is kind of a disgusting thought, even for me, I don't understand how openly opposing species sit down and come together to decide the humans were the biggest problem in all this. Quite absurd really. Still, we were paid to do a job of clearing both of their nests and abodes out so I guess we should just go back to see if the guild knows anything about the coordinates of where those might be. We'll also have to tell them what transpired at the farmhouse as well." Though he didn't say for fear of feeling like an opportunist, he had hoped there would be some compensation for the coyotes and rats they had already cleared out.

#4Guest 

Pest Control #3 [Keita] Empty Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:30 pm

Keita was thinking about everything that had transpired the day that they cleared out the rats and coyotes on the farm, but he did not have very many good ideas apart from the farmers doing something so bad that the creatures both attacked them instead of each other. Still, they were going to go and clear out more, so there was no reason to fuss about it now, and Keita decided that he would just go with the flow and handle the situations as they arose. As they were walking, Shichiro suddenly started voicing his concerns, and wondered what the farmers had done for the two opposing forces to sit down and decide that the humans were a bigger priority to kill than the both of them, considering their predator and prey relationship, and this got Keita thinking even more. The farmers seemed to be the crux of all this, but they had yet to be found by the surrounding people, it seemed like they disappeared out of thin air. The magical beasts that were there at the time would most likely have ripped them to pieces, meaning there should have been some evidence of them being dead if they were actually eaten alive by the animals. The farmers were still out there somewhere, and considering they were just trying to use the Rune Knights and even abandoned their farm when it seemed like things were getting a bit dangerous, Keita thought that they would have to deal with the farmers later, in a not so nice way. 

“So, there were no signs of the farmers that day, so I think we should be careful. No idea what they were planning since they suddenly left and no one has seen them since.” Keita wanted to remind Shichiro about the farmers and to be on guard.

#5Guest 

Pest Control #3 [Keita] Empty Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:02 am

"Noted. Although, there was that farmhand that seems to have been eaten or at least had his flesh rend from his body. It's quite odd that was the only body we found and nobody else. Well, we'll have to look more into this later. We're almost nearing the guild hall now. Ah, before we get there, I forgot to mention back in the house on the second floor. There was a locked door that was barricaded   and couldn't get in. I mean, I could but I didn't want to run the risk of destroying anything in there that would have given us a clue as to what might be going on," Shichiro had said. After mentioning that small fact to Keita, he had noticed the three of them were at their destination of the guild hall. Well, it was only a matter of time now. Stepping into the building, he was in the lobby and he looked around for the receptionist. After spotting them, he had approached them and began to explain the events that transpired during the last excursion they had gone one. The receptionist looked a bit mortified, which was no surprise as Shichiro didn't skimp out on the details and just told it to them as is. With a silent nod, the receptionist took what was told to them at face value and instructed both Keita and Shichiro to remain in the lobby for further orders regarding the request. The guild had already been paid in advance and she had their share of the reward ready to be given out.

#6Guest 

Pest Control #3 [Keita] Empty Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:04 am

Keita listened to Shichiro say his piece about the incident, saying that there was a single farmhand that seemed to have been attacked and mauled to death, and Keita did not remember seeing that body, or perhaps he did and simply did not recognize it at the time because of the chaos and blood that was all over the house. He also said that there was a barricaded room upstairs, which Keita had heard him explain before, but it was something that was put off their radar because the people inside said nothing when they heard humanlike footsteps, so either they were dead in there, being silent on purpose, ot simply were not in there, and Keita thought that it would be strange if they were not in there and yet the door was barricaded, but they would most likely figure it out later. They had arrived at the guild hall, and Keita sat through Shichiro explaining everything in painstaking detail top the woman, and Keita looked at him through his side eye for a bit before the receptionist left to go and inform her superiors and get their money. “You really didn’t need to be that detailed, a simple ‘there were lots of dead stuff there’ would have sufficed I think. You’ve scared the poor girl.” Keita would say, shaking his head at Shichiro, trying to remind himself that Shichiro was a bit more ‘hard boiled’ and no nonsense that he was, and did not really know how to put someone down gently, as it were.

#7Guest 

Pest Control #3 [Keita] Empty Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:58 am

Finishing his report, Shichiro nodded at himself and went to find someplace to await their next move. It was unfortunate what happened to the farmers and he figured the receptionist will make the proper adjustments to their report so its a bit less, detailed. Walking to the entrance of the lobby he decided to wait with his cousin, he had heard him say something about the way he explained it. Shichiro simply just shrugged before responding, "Well I couldn't leave out any of the details now can I? I needed to give a full, accurate report and so that's what I did. She can then report it herself without all the gruesome details if she wishes but at least nobody can say I was skimping out on the details. Anyway, they should be prepared to hear about stuff like that art least because not every request has a happy ending you know. Anyway, let's wait a bit and see what they have in store for us." its not as if Shichiro enjoyed telling them all of that but he just needed to make sure the report was accurate. A few moments later, the receptionist had returned, with two separate bags of jewels.

They had beckoned the two of them to the front in order to give them the reward for clearing out the farmhouse even if it wasn't part of the original job. They then had cleared their throat in order to get the attention of both of the gentlemen before going over what she was told from her higher ups. "Well, it seems the two of you will be continuing on with the mission but that won't happen today. For now, take your reward for what has happened as we send a different team to investigate the happenings at the farmhouse, that will be all." 

#8Guest 

Pest Control #3 [Keita] Empty Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:21 am

Keita listened as Shichiro started giving a speech about how detailing all of the gory events that happened was necessary and that everyone should be prepared for a not so happy ending, which Keita could agree somewhat, but he did not need to describe how the body looked eviscerated. Still, whatever he said, it did not really matter at the end of the day, it was not as if Keita actually cared that the person was going to get their fveelings hurt, at least she did not have to actually see that horrendous and gruesome sight, when Keita had first seen things of that nature, he could not stop himself from vomiting, and he would have nightmares about it for weeks afterwards. He did not want to admit it, but he had sort of gotten an immunity to it, which made him not rally happy about his current state of affairs. 

As the woman had left to go and get their payment and tell them that they simply needed to go home and sleep, for there was going to be some sort of investigative squal out there, that seemed to be a light load off of Keita’s shoulders. “Well, I’m glad we can get some rest after that at least. Not gonna lie, I thought they were going to make us go right back there and WE were going to be the investigation squad.” Keita would say, before the woman essentially let them go. Keita waved to the woman politely before heading out of there with his cousin, wondering if they were just going to head to their homes now or if he wanted to do something else.

#9Guest 

Pest Control #3 [Keita] Empty Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:38 am

Exiting the lobby and going back out onto the main area of Orchidia, Shichiro let out a sigh of relief. After all that transpired today, he could go with a little rest. He was sure his companion felt the same way too even if Keita did not. "Good, I'm glad somebody else gets to handle that mess instead of us. I'm not exactly thrilled to do pest control all of the time but I'll admit it's little work for good money. If this place has such a pest problem, they should just move the entire city someplace else or hire some mages to put up some sort of barrier where wild animals can't interfere with their hobbies. I'm sure some people out there know a spell or two for this sort of thing," Shichiro said as he placed his hands back into his pockets. Walking down the road back to where Keita was staying, it had grown dark in what felt like a matter of moments. "Hey Keita, I'm going to crash at your place for the time being, okay? it'll be easier if we're both together at the same time. I'm going to turn in a little earlier than normal, I'm not feeling it right now," he said. Making their way into Keita's room, Shichiro looked around for a suitable place for him to sleep that wasn't the bed. Once he found one, he'd take a spare pillow and blanket and lay down on the floor eventually falling asleep. He figured whatever it was they had to deal with, it would come tomorrow.

#10Guest 

Pest Control #3 [Keita] Empty Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:45 am

Keita walked out of the area listening to his cousin, as his cousin had said that he was glad it was someone else instead of him. Keita nodded profusely at that notion, and then his cousin said something else that was also like music to his ears, and that was that he did not like to do pest control all the time either. Keita hated it, and hated dealing with all the rats. While it was true that it was very little work for quite a bit of pay, fighting and exterminating the rats all the time was a pain in the butt, even if he could just get his summoned creatures to do most of the work for him. He still needed to devote a bit of mana to actually control the things and tell them what t9o do and where to go, so it was not like he was completely free of the mental burden. Plus those things were smarter than normal rats sometimes, and normal rats were pretty smart. It just seemed like Keita was getting a headache whenever he had to deal with the rats nowadays. 

“Amen to that.” Keita would say when his cousin finished talking, suggesting that the people either move the city or get some mage to put up a spell that stopped vermin from entering the city. This seemed like something simple, but magic never really was that. His cousin said that he was going to stay at his house that night, and Keita did not mind, having a spare mat which was not as nice as a bed but better than nothing for his cousin.

#11Guest 

Pest Control #3 [Keita] Empty Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:59 am

Panther Lily had also decided it was the perfect opportunity to get some shuteye as well. Sitting down bear Shichiro, he rested his back on Shichiro's body, slowly drifting off to sleep. A few hours had passed for the three of them until ponding began at the door to their lodgings. Panther lily jumped up immediately, staring straight at the door on guard. Shichiro had slowly gotten up to look at the door, wondering what lunatic was banging on it at this time of night. Climbing out of the spot he was in, Shichiro made his way to the door to see what was going on. Looking through the little peephole, he saw the receptionist he had seen was a messenger from the small, neutral guild they worked for. He'd then call Keita if he wasn't already at the door with him, "Oi Keita, there's somebody from the guild here, I'm about to open up the door." Immediately after finishing that sentence, he proceeded to do what he had said he would. Looking at the messenger, he was wearing a black mantle and panting quite heavily. 

Seems like he ran all over here. After catching his breath, he frantically began to explain that the investigation team that was sent after the two of them had left had been wiped out and only two of them returned. Turns out some of the farmers were alive indeed and were partaking in the flesh of the magical rats in an attempt to gain power. They got the power but in exchange, they transformed into horrible rat-kin monstrosities.

#12Guest 

Pest Control #3 [Keita] Empty Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:43 am

Keita suddenly awoke to the banging of some kind on the door to his home, and so he got up from his bed quickly, before rushing over to his door, with Shichiro getting to the door faster as it seemed that he woke up a bit sooner than Keita did and got to the door faster a well. Keita was fine with his cousin answering the door, and soon he was greeted with the sight of a man panting and explaining something hastily and with little detail. What Keita had gotten out of it in the man’s out of breath rambling was that some of the farmers were seen, and have been turned into strange, rat creature like monstrosities. This was all that the man said before he let the information sink in for the both of them, but it seemed that neither of them, Keita and Shichiro, would really be shocked at this information. Keita assumed that something like this was going to happen, and so he just said “Oh, so where are they? And is there some compensation for taking them out?” Keita asked pretty flatly, knowing that his cousin Shichiro would also not be too shocked at this information either, and would probably want to know if they would be getting p[aid. It would be safe to assume that the reason why the guild sent a person to where they were both staying was because they wanted them to go out and do the work on taking care of the monsters.

#13Guest 

Pest Control #3 [Keita] Empty Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:41 am

Well, this wasn't much of a surprise to neither Shichiro nor Keita but he didn't expect to have the action to come straight to his front door so quickly. After listening to the messenger's story, Shichiro was about to open his mouth to ask the commonly known question of if they were going to be compensated for this. To his surprise, his cousin had read his mind and asked the question before him. The stranger had nodded frantically along the lines of 'Yes' they would be getting compensated but they need to go and deal with the problem right now. The rat-like farmers were getting closer and closer to the main city or Orchida and they wanted the problem dealt with before any of the citizens caught wind of what was going on and caused a panic. Agreeing, Shichiro figured they would have to head out immediately in order to quell this uprising. He agreed to taking out the rat-kin folk and the stranger had given them directions to where their last location was known. Shichiro had recognized that area only because he often used it to go back and forth between the outskirts and the farm house so he knew it quite well at this point. 

Well, that was enough talk for now as the stranger began to beckon them to follow. Shichiro called his companion over to which Panther Lily had nodded and sprinted over to his shoulder. With that, they were off. Heading back to the outskirts of Orchid, the guide had led them as far as his nerves were willing to take them before reiterating the directions of their last known location. Shichiro nodded and thanked him for getting them this far before he began to crack his knuckles. With that, the messenger wished them luck and began to hurry back the way they had came from in order to inform the neutral guild of their task being completed.

#14Guest 

Pest Control #3 [Keita] Empty Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:40 am

It seemed that the threat of the rat monstrosities that the farmhands had become was a bit too close for comfort for the members of the guild here, as the person could barely get out the words to the question. The man had instantly nodded his head to the question of compensation, before quickly telling them where the rat monstrosities were last seen. Keita was contemplating on what exactly to do to these things when they actually met up with them for a showdown, and he secretly hoped that the rat monstrosities were not near any actual settlements yet, or at least had the settlements evacuated in time for them to go over and take care of the problem. It seemed that his cousin Shichiro was ready for some action, as he had cracked his knuckles in anticipation before heading out. Keita would quickly follow him and close the door, making sure to summon a little earthen golem that would lock the door and clean up the apartment while they were gone. Multitasking with his summons was something that he was learning to do, and had to make sure to do so whenever he could. As he was rushing away from the house with his cousin, he noted that it was pretty nice outside today, but it would soon be ruined with what they were going to do. As they headed to the spot, it seemed that it was some sort of small pond that the creatures were drinking from. A small respite before they would rush the town, it seemed.

#15Guest 

Pest Control #3 [Keita] Empty Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:14 pm

Walking further to the designated area, Shichiro had discovered a pond where the rat-like monsters lay in wait. There were quite a lot of them. There were seven of them and only three of us. Well, this might prove to be some kind of challenge but he wasn't going to bet any money on it. For now, he'd just conceal himself as best as he could and whisper something to both Panther Lily and Keita. "Alright, our enemies are currently in front of us. So far, I only see seven of them but be careful, there could be more of them around the area and we were just fortunate enough to not run into any sentries or anything. Currently, six of them are distracted and are drinking from the pond but one of them is looking around as some kind of posted sentry. He hasn't spotted us yet so I'm thinking we should start off strong and just throw out our best attacks. I guess I'll go first." After that, Shichiro decided to lead the attack off by inhaling silently. He wasn't too confident in this spell as though it covered a wide range, it was lacking initial firepower. Afterwards, he job out of his hiding spot and began to belch flames at the rat monsters in hopes to catch them off guard. It seems at this moment, two of the rat men were finished drinking their water and the guards were all on guard and managed to evade the widespread fire spell Shichiro had belched out. Though the four he did catch weren't dead, they were now lit ablaze and frantically trying to douse the flames out by attempting to submerge themselves into the pond.

#16Guest 

Pest Control #3 [Keita] Empty Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:58 am

As the two of them got closer to the area, Keita noticed Shichiro crouch down and move towards a nearby bush, where he was lying in wait. Keita joined upo with him, and watched the rat creatures as they sat and drank in the pond they were swimming in, while one of them acted as a lookout and stood still, watching. It seemed really sad when one thought about it, as these were once farmhands that had a long life ahead of them doing their work for a bit of money, but they either decided to sell their souls for power, or they were forced to. Either way, this was something that Keita ahted, especially because they were no longer human, and it seemed that they were no fierce monstrosities that did not find themselves with any shred of humanity left. Shichiro then suddenly started to talk about launching their best attack spells when they had the element of surprise, but Keita did not really have such spells. As a full fledged summoner now, he had given up the right to use offensive spells, and instead needed to call upon a summon to do that for him, but he could still help out ijn his own way with a big spell, just not one that would actually harm them. 

Shichiro seemed to inhale, getting ready to breathe fire like he usually did, and Keita would also breathe in deeply. After the fire was spread around by the breath weapon of his partner, he breathed out a large cone of what appeared to be sand or small dirt particles, which spread and clung to the rat creatures, hindering their movements. The ones in the pond quickly drowned, while the others that had evaded the flames were moving much slower, trying to get the dirt off of them.

#17Guest 

Pest Control #3 [Keita] Empty Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:11 am

After he had launched his flames, his cousin had followed up with an attack of his own that seemed to be some kind of sand or dust. It seems to have finished off the four rat creatures that were trying to douse the flames with the pond water. Still, there was a rat for each of them to take down and now wasn't the time to be stealthy anymore while the other three rats could see them plain as day. Panther Lily was the first to jump out of the bushes and ran straight to engage one of them with his musica sword. Shichiro had followed behind in order to back him up. Shortly after this two of the rats decided to run towards them as well and engage them. The four of them had skirmishes for a little while before he and his companion came out victorious. They weren't particularly strong or anything of the like so it was fairly easy to be honest. After Keita had finished dealing with the last one, it was time for them to retire back to their lodgings. He wanted to go to the guild to get his payment as soon as possible but he was too tired for all of that now and didn't know how long he would have to wait for it. Instead, he decided to head back to Keita's place in order to go back to sleep. Doing so, he quickly fell asleep until the next morning where he woke up bright and early to collect his payment. He'd also shake Keita awake if he was still sleeping so they could both go together in order to pick up payment and try to start on the next part of this rat mystery. 

[Exit.]

#18Guest 

Pest Control #3 [Keita] Empty Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:38 am

The rat type creatures were pretty tenacious, but it seemed that they had the same weakness as most creatures that lived on land, which was that they needed some sort of air. The ones that were covered in the dirt quickly caused the dirt to turn into mud, clinging to their bodies even further and dragging them down into the depths of the small pond they were drinking out of, drowning them. They were gone, but the remaining three were still alive and well, ready to attack them at a moment's notice, and they seemed to be angry. Keita saw that the panther lily that was always around Shichiro suddenly jumped into action, and started fighting with the strange rat like creature, and this caused Keita to glance over at his own pet, which was a flying lemur. The lemur was smart, not smart enough to speak the human tongue like some other enchanted or magical animals, but smart enough to understand him, and when Keita gave him a knowing look, he made some clicking noises at Keita for a second before jumping off of his shoulder and heading to a nearby house that had been ransacked. Keita sighed, before looking back at the rat creatures, realizing he only needed to deal with one of them. Luckily, he was pretty good at attacking a single enemy, and so he immediately started using another spell, and conjured up a golem. 

The golem was of a large size, about ten meters tall, and this towered over the rat creature enough to where it thought to escape. In this momentary lapse of judgement and fear, Keita used another spell to quickly turn the ground the rat creature was standing on into mud, causing the creature to start to sink. The rat creature had not chosen fight or flight fast enough, and now that his legs were stuck in the mud, the large fists of the golem slammed down on him, killing him. After, it was pretty easy for the two of them to get out of there, having dealt with all their prey, and so they then headed to sleep so that in the early morning they could accept payment.
------------
EXIT

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum