Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Monster Hunter I - Solo [Quest]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Kenzo Valens 

Monster Hunter I - Solo [Quest] Empty Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:16 pm

Kenzo Valens
”As lively as ever” Kenzo said with a chuckle as he crossed the threshold to Batra’s Inn. It was early at night, but the bar was already packed full of people from all straits of life. Kenzo was no stranger to the place; in fact, he knew it and its owner quite well. His first couple of months had been spent at the grand capital of Crocus, so Kenzo made sure to get acquainted to all the famous drinking spots. Among them, Batra’s Inn stood heads and shoulders above the rest for their high-quality alcohol and wide assortment of available jobs.

”A large beer over here please~” Kenzo said as he lowered the hood of his cloak, leaning into the wooden bar and rising one hand towards the dark skinned owner. Batra ears perked up at the sound of a familiar voice, swiftly turning around to face the mercenary. A smile painted his lips at the realization of the visit. ”Aaah! And here I was wondering when you’d turn up in the news executed”

The large male approached Kenzo as a heartly laugh came out from both with a firm handshake. ”It is good to see you again old friend.”

[200/2500]

Monster Hunter I - Solo [Quest] IgtZBYS
#2Kenzo Valens 

Monster Hunter I - Solo [Quest] Empty Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:17 pm

Kenzo Valens
”It is good to see you again indeed! I was starting to get a little annoyed from all those bounty hunters pestering me about information about you.” Batra said as he turned around to grab a large empty glass of beer. ”I heard you’ve been finally cleared out of it, isn’t that true?” Kenzo nodded with a smile as he took a seat at an empty stool. ”You know how bureaucracy works in this place. They couldn’t refuse a personal request of one of Fiore’s Wizard Saints after all~”

Batra chuckled at the comment, knowing all too well the warrior was right. ”Yeah, I don’t think anyone is stupid enough to say no to that guild master of yours.” The man filled the glass on his hand with beer from a keg, passing it over to Kenzo. ”Aahh. I honestly don’t know whether I missed you the most or your magnificent beer.” The warrior jested as he held the full glass at face level, carefully observing the deep golden color bubbling into a perfect foam. ”This one’s on me. Just make sure to come more often” Batra answered with a smile as he walked away to clean some more glasses.

[400/2500]

#3Kenzo Valens 

Kenzo Valens
”So… what brings you back to the Grand Capital Crocus?” The bartender asked with a flair of his hand, keeping his other inside the glass of beer he was wiping with a cloth. Kenzo took a sip from his own drink, relishing for a second in the deep flavor of the malt and spices that made it so characteristic. ”Aside from the beer, I’m sure you could figure.” Kenzo answered as he licked his lips clean from the froth moustache that had formed on his face. ”I need the best jobs available in town for a rather personal goal of mine. I was hoping you could be of assistance~”

Batra puffed his chest, placing the now dry glass at the counter with the rest of them. ”Heh. Go figure. You’ve come to the right spot” The large man was a proud person, so there was no way he was letting Kenzo go empty handed. ”Great, that’s exactly what I wanted to hear”

”So, what kind of jobs are you looking for?” Batra knew Kenzo wasn’t someone to live by a particularly strict moral code, and being the professional he was, he knew how to be quite subtle with his words.

[600/2500]

#4Kenzo Valens 

Kenzo Valens
The mercenary in the meantime, simply chuckled at the phrasing. ”I’m a reformed man now… After all I’m in observation for a couple of months.” the blue haired warrior took a hand to his chest, as if he was hurt by the insinuation. Taking a brief pause to continue his date with the beautiful drink in his hand, he crossed the half-full mark with yet another sip. ”Jokes aside, you know I don’t particularly care about what kind of job it is… as long as it allows me to get closer to the grand cathedral’s library.”

Batra crossed his arms for a second as he listened to his request, carefully thinking about anything that resembled the description he was just given. Kenzo waited patiently, wondering if what he’d asked for was just too tall of a request for the formidable people’s person that was Batra. ”Well… there is something…” He finally answered hesitantly. Kenzo’s eyebrow arched, interested in the timidness with which he spoke. ”As there always is..”

”While I can’t assure you it comes from the church, I got an odd request the other day which I suspect might be related to them.”

”Please inform them I’ll take it”

[800/2500]

#5Kenzo Valens 

Monster Hunter I - Solo [Quest] Empty Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:59 pm

Kenzo Valens
Despite just hearing those words from Batra, Kenzo knew he could count on the man. He was one of the most professional request dealers in the whole Kingdom, so if he had a hunch it came from within the Church of Illumin, that was more than enough for the mercenary.

”Hah.. I was sure I could count on you. Though I think you should at least hear what the request is about before accepting. Considering you just got out of that sticky bounty situation it might be worth considering.”

Kenzo crossed arms at Batra’s comment. While he was sure the bartender had a good point, there was no way Kenzo was letting go of a great opportunity such as this one. He urgently needed to get access to the Grand Cathedral’s Vaults, no matter what it took.

”To be quite honest, it is all part of a sickening sport that has popularized in Crocus.” Batra said, leaning in the table as he got closer to Kenzo in order to speak with a lower voice volume. ”People have learned how to create homunculi, and are constantly releasing the beasts in the middle of town in order to experiment with their limits”

[1000/2500]

#6Kenzo Valens 

Kenzo Valens
The concept caught Kenzo’s interest. He remembered the only time he’d heard the word homunculi before, as if it had been yesterday. A crimson armor came to Kenzo’s mind instantly, completely hollow and robotic but seemingly alive. The armor had been given life by none other than Merlin, the king’s advisor. Legend had it that she was one of the most powerful wizards in Fiore. Even stronger than Kazimir or Alisa. However, Kenzo knew from experience that she zealously guarded her secrets, so he wondered if she’d been the one to disseminate the secret behind creating homunculi.

Regardless, he continued listening as Batra explained the rest of the job. ”The person that put of this quest has asked for someone to monitor the strength of their homunculi. While they need you to kill the beast, they want you to at least try and do so without using any weapons. Apparently, the real request will come after you clear this one, making it just a screening test. While I have no certain confirmation that the Church of Illumin is behind this quest, someone connected to the higher ups of the epistolary body of Crocus was the one to put it up.”

[1200/2500]

#7Kenzo Valens 

Kenzo Valens
”Meh. Don’t sweat the little details. I’ll take the job man.” Kenzo said dismissively. He wondered if it was a good idea telling Batra any more about his real objective. While he was sure the bartender could be a powerful ally considering the amount of people he knew and the information he could gather, he decided against it. He was like Kenzo after all. Self interest was the order of the day for people like them.

After discussing the rest of the details with Batra, Kenzo arrived at the place where he’d meet with the mysterious contractor. It was a dark alley near the gardens of the capital in the residential district. While it stroke Kenzo as an odd place for a meeting with a new patron, the warrior simply deduced this might have been one of the first requests they’d put up. Regardless, it mattered little to him… As long as they paid him good money and he got closer to the cathedral’s vault.

”Are you the person that accepted our request?” A mysterious voice echoed inside Kenzo’s mind, surprising him for a second. ”Aah. It is rare to meet people with thought projection magic. Nice to meet you”

[1400/2500]

#8Kenzo Valens 

Kenzo Valens
Kenzo crossed both arms as he scouted his surroundings with his white eye, only to find the stranger was nowhere within range. Whoever this person was, Kenzo had to give props to them. They at least were capable magicians. ”That’s right. Batra sent me”

The warrior took a pause as he changed his tone to a more serious one. ”Did you bring the beast?” Kenzo asked. The voice remained silent for a minute, making the warrior doubt if he’d even heard him speak directly into his mind the first time. ”Yes… The homunculi has already awakened. It won’t be hard to find, just follow the screams” A light chill ran down Kenzo as he heard the words materialize inside his head. It was almost as if he could see an evil smile appear in the stranger’s face whilst he spoke.

However, he didn’t have time to think about that. Almost as if it was timed, a loud roar shook the skies of the grand capital, followed by the sound of buildings being destroyed and tossed around. People screamed in fear, many probably injured or dead. Kenzo sprung immediately at the monster’s direction, receiving a final warning. ”Remember… with your fists”

[1600/2500]

#9Kenzo Valens 

Monster Hunter I - Solo [Quest] Empty Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:13 pm

Kenzo Valens
”Tche.. What a troublesome person.” Kenzo answered back as he rolled his eyes at the unknown voice inside his head. ”Not like I’m gonna need anything more.” Kenzo added with as smirk as he blitzed through the empty streets of Crocus. He was definitely confident in his physical strength if nothing else after all.

The closer he got to the rustling of the rampaging beast, the more sickened Kenzo became at the people putting that had hired him. They were apparently simply testing the beast’s strength, but this seemed like overkill in Kenzo’s eyes. Was it really necessary to sacrifice those many innocent people? The warrior didn’t quite think so.

Either way, he was brought out of these thoughts as soon as the beast came into sight. It was something that looked like it came out of a horror movie. Kenzo had never seen something quite like it before. The closest thing he could compare it to was the Barrang that had terrified the coasts of port Astera all those months ago. It walked in fours, towering above buildings with its long and muscular limbs. Long, sharp nails lined its claws, only to be overshadowed by its massive sharp fangs.

[1800/2500]

#10Kenzo Valens 

Monster Hunter I - Solo [Quest] Empty Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:35 pm

Kenzo Valens
The monster threw its long tail around, crushing a couple of buildings just as Kenzo got into range. The structure crumbled under the force of the impact, as if it was made of plastic. Chunks of concrete flew through the sky, creating a barrage of stone that fell towards the warrior’s direction. Shifting his weight to his right leg, the male lunged away just in time to avoid being squashed by it. It wasn’t long until the beast noticed Kenzo’s presence, gearing towards him with a fearsome roar.

The beast charged without notice, moving faster than the swordsman ever expected considering its size. ”Shit!” That was the only thing Kenzo could say, being caught off guard by the sudden attack coming his way. Quickly placing both hands in front of him, the male barely managed to grab the fangs coming towards him. The long teeth managed to pierce the skin of his palms, drawing blood out of him for the first time in a long time.

Kenzo was suddenly filled with uncontrollable rage. Clutching his hands, he grabbed the fangs his palms as strongly as he could, putting his entire strength into his back before turning around. ”Orraaaa! You bastard!”

[2000/2500]

#11Kenzo Valens 

Monster Hunter I - Solo [Quest] Empty Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:35 pm

Kenzo Valens
Little by little, the beast flew into the sky. It was a remarkable image to anyone seeing from afar. The humongous body of the monster made an arch from the ground, before falling on its back and slamming against the floor. In truth, it was quite a spectacular Supplex. The monster roared with pain as it’s body was slammed against the street’s floor. Destruction was the simple word to describe the scene surrounding the place where the fight took place.

Without wasting a second, the beast incorporated itself right back to its feet. However, Kenzo was already away from its sight. As the beast turned around, the only thing to meet it was a powerful blow coming from the mercenary’s right hook. The feeling of bone’s crushing and turning into dust brought a smile out of the warrior. The sound of bones breaking as they smashed themselves insides it’s skull filled the air, accompanying a roar of pain that came from the monster. Kenzo was surprised at the feedback he got from his punch. He knew that the monster was a synthetic being, so he didn’t expect it to feel so real. Or at least, it was not supposed to?

[2200/2500]

#12Kenzo Valens 

Monster Hunter I - Solo [Quest] Empty Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:36 pm

Kenzo Valens
Regardless of the reason, it seemed it was still not enough for the monster to go down. In a last-ditch attempt at killing the blue haired adventurer, the monster twisted its body as it used his tail like a whip. The air cracked with a loud sound as the tail broke and sliced through the air. Kenzo simply stood motionless where he was, almost as if he hadn’t noticed the attack speeding towards him.

Yet, the corners of his lips slowly arched upward in a confident smile. Taking his arm upwards, he simply extended it towards the attack without even looking at it. ”Let’s finish with this contest of strength”

A cloud of dust filled the area in an instant as the attack connected with his arm. The only thing to be heard was deafening silence of the dark Crocus night. Kenzo had managed to stop the tail with his right arm, grabbing it with the strongest grip he could manage to muster. The beast had definitely taken a toll on him, and tanking that last attack had drained most of his strength. But still, he endured it without budging.

”Seems like I win” The mercenary said as he started slowly closing his fist into the flesh of the beast. Little by little, his fingers dug deeper into it, tearing through muscle and bone alike. Once the monster stopped screaming, it was finally dead.

All said and done, Kenzo looked around him. It was a scene brought out of a horror movie. He couldn’t manage to comprehend how someone connected to the elite of the city could want to run these kinds of experiments. Shaking his head to dismiss the thoughts, he simply let go of the now lifeless homunculi. Wiping the dust out of his clothes, the stretched both arms above him and on top of his head. ”They better clean up this mess for me.”

-EXIT-
[2516/2500] Done!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum