Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lonely Days [Manzo]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

#26Manzo 

Lonely Days [Manzo] - Page 2 Empty Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:08 pm

Manzo

"Heh, quite the little curvy body you've got on you." He said in a flirtatious tone. Not trying to be too lewd in her direction, he just can't help it, it's in his nature to speak his mind. He whistled, a plant brought him a case of wine, two glasses, and his personal case of cigars. Not trying to be a show off, well maybe just a little bit. He very much enjoyed the attention she was giving him. Maybe a bit of Alisa's narcissism was rubbing off on him.

"The plants are an extension of myself. I put a single drop of blood into each planter. I just imagined the kind of plant I wanted. Poof, there they were." He said as he took the wine from the plant, said plant still holding the glasses. He pour two generous glasses for the both of them.

He signaled for the plant to give her said glass, which it did. He set the bottle down on cobblestone floor behind them. He took a cigar out of the case and lit it using his magic. A simple trick, nothing more. He sunk a bit further down into the water. Up to his pectoral muscles.

He exhaled a cloud of smoke into the sky, sighing one of relief. He placed his cigar on an ash tray outside of the spring, sipping his wine slowly. "Tell me, this can't be what you expected when you walked into my shop today?"

#27Atani 

Lonely Days [Manzo] - Page 2 Empty Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:18 am

Atani

Atani Tathvir
Cálë lómillon tuiuva
- 219 | @ Manzo -

Atani gave Manzo a half smile, a slight hum in reply to his comment too as she eased her body deeper into the warm waters. As she did so, she exhaled a quiet sigh. The smooth waters and gentle steam felt incredible against her bare skin. She watched with great interest as the plants around her brought forth the alcohol, glasses, and cigars. Manzo explained that it had to do with incorporating drops of blood with his magic.

"Interesting, I would have never thought to do that," she said as she took her glass from the animated plant. She swirled it gently to let the wine aerate before taking a sip. She brought it to her nose to smell its aroma. "You know, wood elves are known for their wine. We call it miru, miruvórë for special occasions. Both are hard to come by in Fiore."

Manzo's selection didn't seem like the kind she was used to from her homeland, though she hadn't yet touched it to her lips. But regardless, wine was still wine, and she had a feeling Manzo had good taste. She lazily swirled her glass's contents once more as she listened to the dragon slayer's question.

"No, not at all. But tell me, is this the sort of treatment you give all Blue Pegasus mages?"
bloop ♡
template by punki of adoxography

Lonely Days [Manzo] - Page 2 Lu7gGv2
#ff6666 - Fiorian #cc6666 - Elvarin #996666 - Val'Elvarin
#ffe666 - Fiorian #ccc666 - Elvarin #999966 - Val'Elvarin
#9b2222 - Sinese

#28Manzo 

Lonely Days [Manzo] - Page 2 Empty Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:50 am

Manzo

"I have a bottle of Miru actually. I was saving it for something special." The truth of the matter was, he was saving that bottle for Kerii. But with no word from her for almost two years now, it almost seemed silly to do so now. But maybe, this Atani could prove to be just as incredible as she was.

Far fetched maybe, but the person he was now, had the capacity to hope for such things. Which was a strange feeling in and of itself. But what could one do, his faith in life was restored, being the student of an all powerful dragon tended to have that effect on people. While he didn't know if that was actually true, it was something he could safely assume.

"Do I do this for everyone? Hmmm?" He knew the answer to that question. It was a resounding no, now he had to figure out if he should tell her, that she was the first person to ever come back here. Would that seem odd? Hard to tell, considering the fact that he had just met her.

"Well, truthfully you're the first person to be brought back here." His emerald green eyes meeting her own. An almost sensual look in them. Hard not to look at her in such a way given the setting they were in.

#29Atani 

Lonely Days [Manzo] - Page 2 Empty Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:13 am

Atani

Atani Tathvir
Cálë lómillon tuiuva
- 217 | @ Manzo -

"Oh, you do?" Her voice sounded genuinely surprised. It was not everyday that an artisan elf went to Fiore to sell their bottles of miru. "Be wary of knockoffs. Some merchants relabel stronger, fruit-forward wines and sell for high prices," she cautioned. The grapes grown in Athalran were augmented with magic. Throughout the entire process, it helped to bring out the flavors more, giving elven wine a rather unique taste. She would know the difference, but she would wager that was not he same for most humans.

Atani took a small sip from her glass. The flavors and tannins pleasantly mingled on her tongue. Her assumption about Manzo's taste in wine had been correct. He knew how to pick a good bottle. She took another sip, a little larger this time, as she listened to his response. The elf arched a brow as she heard she was the first to come back to his area of zen.

"Really?" she asked skeptically. She peered into the man's equally green eyes, squinting slightly. "We've only known each other for an hour, and yet I'm the first? Seems rather peculiar, don't you think."

Though perhaps this was not uncommon in Joya. That being said, even if it were true, Atani still believed there was more to this than cultural customs.
bloop ♡

#9b2222 - Sinese

#30Manzo 

Lonely Days [Manzo] - Page 2 Empty Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:14 pm

Manzo

"This bottle is genuine, that I know for sure." He placed his cigar back to his lips and continued starring at the sky. He couldn't help but wonder if she was out there somewhere. If she was, he hoped she was doing well. Maybe back home with her people, enjoying a simple life. That was his wish for her. To be rid of this world of war, where she could enjoy the beauty of the world, without threat of it being set ablaze like the human cities were known to be so prone to.

"You remind me of another dear friend of mine. She too was an elf. We met during the time of war, she saved my life. I told myself once I cast away my life in the shadows I would do this." His face became one of sadness, thinking about how much pain he and Kerii went through together in Astera. The look on her face when she was covered in his blood, doing everything she could to keep him alive. The guilt he felt for exposing her to that was too much for him to stomach at times.

"It is because of her that I opened up this shop. I swore to live for peace, and I'll do whatever it takes to keep that promise to her." He said as he looked back in her direction, the conviction in his eyes could be felt, almost as much as the warmth of the water.

#31Atani 

Lonely Days [Manzo] - Page 2 Empty Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:19 pm

Atani

Atani Tathvir
Cálë lómillon tuiuva
- 257 | @ Manzo -
It appeared her assumption was correct. There was indeed more to the story of why she was let into this secretive place of his. For one reason or another, she had reminded him of an elf he once knew. From the sound of it, they shared quite the experience together. Atani had been told that the wars and incursions in Fiore were gruesome. A strikingly high number of fatalities occurred, leaving even more gravely injured. It seemed Manzo would have been among those numbers had it not been for this elf friend of his.

Atani's brows knit with concern as she saw Manzo turn rather reflective and somber. He was so cheerful earlier, brushing off all his traumas with drinking and laughter, but it seemed even that had its limits. Whoever this girl was, it made him hit a wall. She set her glass of wine down on the cobblestone and leaned forward in the water. She'd place an affectionate hand on Manzo's leg if he'd let her.

"I'm sorry, it sounds like she meant a lot to you." She bit her bottom lip as she debated whether asking her next question would be appropriate or not. In the end, the curiosity got the best of her. "Do you... know what became of her?"

Atani feared the worst. If such an important figure in his life was not there anymore, the chances that she was alive were... Well, she didn't want to think of it. But Manzo had been speaking as if he was respecting the dead.
bloop ♡

#9b2222 - Sinese

#32Manzo 

Lonely Days [Manzo] - Page 2 Empty Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:30 pm

Manzo

"After she healed me, I passed out, and I never saw her again." He said as he took her hand into his. Holding it gently underneath the water. He had never gotten to hold her hand in this manner, and from the bottom of his heart, he wished that he could. He wished more than anything to tell her the truth of how deep his gratitude for her went.

He placed his free hand on the side of her face, cupping it gently with a slight caress. "You look....so much like her. It's like looking at a ghost sometimes." He said with a faint chuckle as a single tear ran down his face. The emotions were creating a pit in his stomach, as tears began to pour forth from his eyes.

He quickly let go of her face as well as hand to wipe the tears from his eyes. He would turn his sculpted back to her to regain his composure for a moment. He would take a deep sigh, rubbing his temples slightly before he would turn around to face his new friend once again.

"Look at me, crying like a baby in front of a half naked woman. This is usually the part of the date where the girl collects her clothes and runs away." He said with a half hearted laugh, feeling rather embarrassed about what had just occurred.

#33Atani 

Lonely Days [Manzo] - Page 2 Empty Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:12 pm

Atani

Atani Tathvir
Cálë lómillon tuiuva
- 282 | @ Manzo -
Atani was stunned. Just like that, a healer up and left someone who had passed out. And not just anyone, but someone who she had an intimate connection to. It seemed unreal.

It felt as if she was staring into a void as she looked into Manzo's tearful eyes. Her hand reflexively laid itself atop his as he graced her cheek. All it took was a matter of moments for him to break down, and what could she say? Her mere presence was enough to remind the man of the close friend he once had. So strongly in fact that it brought tears to his gentle green eyes. There was nothing she could do to remedy that.

"What kind of person would leave at a time like this?" she reasoned, a half smile appearing on the elf's face. Unbeknownst to her, it was a signature look of Kerii, the same sort of smile the ex-mage of Lamia Scale reserved for those she cared most about. It was a comforting smile, but one that made it impossible to hide her own share of concern or sorrow. "I'm sorry she disappeared like that. I couldn't imagine leaving anyone injured, though I suppose times of war were different. I imagine yours isn't the only story like that out there."

Atani breathed out a shallow sigh and leaned back to grab her glass of wine. She took another sip of it to dull her feelings. Her eyes drifted from Manzo's gaze and fell to the water beside her. "Sometimes, even though Athalran was spared from most of the demonic attacks, they feel so real. Just hearing about them, I can close my eyes and picture Astera."

bloop ♡

#9b2222 - Sinese

#34Manzo 

Lonely Days [Manzo] - Page 2 Empty Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:58 pm

Manzo

"In total fairness to her, I wasn't apart of her family. She didn't owe me anything. It was safe to say, that the feelings were very once sided." He said as he rubbed the back of his neck. It was rather weird for him to be talking about another woman, in front of the woman he was entertaining. Well maybe not entertaining.

He would situated himself back over near here, shoulder to shoulder with her. He couldn't help but look down at her. Trying not stare at her, but as he said, the resemblance was striking. In a way that was quite, well, weirdly good for him. But at the same time, he felt different with Atani.

"While you two may share a face. Your vibes couldn't be anymore different. With you, I feel comfortable. Clearly so, because I just cried." He said with a laugh as he grabbed his own glass of wine and began to sip from it. Looking up at the passing clouds. He didn't take much of a chance to day dream. But with Atani, his head was certainly in the clouds, and not on her bust. So, that was weird.

"Rest assured Atani, you're a member of the strongest guild in all the land. We will stop at nothing to keep everyone safe. You, your people, and the people of this town." He said with confidence. Every word he said, he did mean. He'd die trying, if nothing else.

#35Atani 

Lonely Days [Manzo] - Page 2 Empty Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:55 pm

Atani

Atani Tathvir
Cálë lómillon tuiuva
- 245 | @ Manzo -
"Hmm," the elf murmured, taking a long sip of her wine. Despite what Manzo might have said about their relationship being one sided, Atani couldn't help but feel that something was amiss. There was a missing piece to the puzzle, either a detail Manzo had neglected to tell, or something he simply did not know. Everyone had their secrets— him, his elf friend, and herself included. Perhaps they would come out in due time, perhaps not, but she wished he would eventually get closure on the matter.

She felt at least somewhat relieved to hear that she did not completely remind Manzo of his friend. Evidently, their physical appearances were where the similarities ended. Frankly, she was surprised that he felt more vulnerable with her. She would have thought it to be the opposite, but perhaps she had misjudged the nature of his relationship with the other healer.

Finally, after all the heartache, Atani giggled at hearing Manzo's proclamation about the guild. "Oh, I never had any doubt in that, though I do find something strange." She tapped her wine-stained lips in ponderance. "Truth be told, even after all these tragedies, I don't believe there are too many light guilds in Fiore. I thought there would be more."

In fact, she was almost certain that had been the case, though it appeared she was wrong. There was Fairy Tail, of course. Conversely, other guilds were more neutral, and even more skeptically lurked in the shadows.
bloop ♡

#9b2222 - Sinese

#36Manzo 

Lonely Days [Manzo] - Page 2 Empty Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:11 pm

Manzo

"We live in a very strange point in history. Where darkness grows, and surrounds us at every corner." He said as he put his cigar back in his mouth. He took a drag off of it before putting it back in the ashtray and exhaling. The truth of the matter was, this world was far more complicated than her innocent eyes perceived.

The elves lived in solitude, they didn't know much of anything about the outside world. He couldn't blame her for being confused about it. But it was his duty to explain it to her as best he could. "A Holy war was once waged upon this land. Blood spilled by heavenly beings, atannahtar in your language. Atan blood." This ushered in an age of confusion unlike any others.

The mortals grew tired of being play things, and set out to change the course of their history. Such change is rarely peaceful. "I lived amongst the dragons after it was over. I wanted to gain the knowledge of elder beings. Those who had seen from the beginning." He said as he took another sip of his wine.

Upon swallowing it. He took his hand and tilted her face toward his, thumb under chin."It was on that day, that man decided to change it's fortunes. Break away from the old. Give in to their darker natures, to survive. But hardening their hearts, will do nothing. Neutrality, is the stance of the weak. Only the strong survive, and in order to survive, you must believe in something, with all you have."

#37Atani 

Lonely Days [Manzo] - Page 2 Empty Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:04 am

Atani

Atani Tathvir
Cálë lómillon tuiuva
- 369 | @ Manzo -
Atani stared into the blood red contents of her wine as Manzo explained the situation Fiore was in. She well understood the reclusiveness of elves. They wanted no involvement with man's affairs, but matters that were so grave shouldn't have been kept from her. They shouldn't have been kept from anyone, and yet they were, so yet there she was, having unknowingly thrown herself from her sheltered life in Athalran into a land where the line between good and evil blurred.

Atannahtar, Manzo called the supposedly heavenly beings. Slayers of man. Things that people believed to be holy spilled atan, mortal, blood. She shook her head in disgust. These were dark times indeed for Earthland. If that was what happened in Fiore alone, she would have hated to hear what went on in other countries.

"I see why you did that," Atani commented upon hearing the slayer's reasoning for residing among the dragons and learning their secret arts. If she had experienced such tribulation, she too would have wanted to find some sort of clarity. At the very least, she would have wanted to return to her roots, become grounded to what was truly important in life.

Atani felt Manzo’s finger under her chin. Her head turned till the point where their green eyes locked. A fisted hand clutched the spot on her chest just over her heart as the mage mentioned darker natures. She felt an odd burning sensation there, the kind that came after feeling one's heart drop. She was reminded of the scar seared into her lower back, the only remnant of a supposed ablution she had went under at some point to cleanse a spirit from her body, one that had given her power and made her strong... Though a different kind of strong Manzo was talking about, she feared.

"It feels like it's hard to find something to believe in these days." Atani took Manzo's hand and gently lowered it from her chin. "What I'm discovering about the human world, the elves had it all wrong, but at the same time it's equally as hard to come to terms with what's happened here. I don't even know where my loyalties are supposed to lie."

bloop ♡

#9b2222 - Sinese

#38Manzo 

Lonely Days [Manzo] - Page 2 Empty Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:07 am

Manzo

"The truth of the matter is, everyone has to find something to believe in. When you do, hold onto it, as tightly as you can." It was true, everyone needed something to believe in. Regardless of what that was, it was important. To wander through life with nothing, was akin to being nothing. He knew that fact very well, because at the end of the day, he had been nothing. Made to feel like nothing, unless he was a tool of someone else's will.

It took such a long time for him to break those chains. It was a path he walked by himself, for himself. Atani would have to do the same thing at some stage in her life. He felt for her in that way, the elves did fuck all to prepare their people for the outside world. Because it was a philosophical error on their part.

"The first time you believed in something, was when you walked away from your people. You believed there was more to life than what was being shown to you. Hold on to that sense of adventure, it will open up an amazing world for you." The kindness of his words could not be mistaken for anything else, he meant what he said. He truly did admire her for taking that leap of faith. He wished in his heart that everyone had that within them.

#39Atani 

Lonely Days [Manzo] - Page 2 Empty Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:02 am

Atani

Atani Tathvir
Cálë lómillon tuiuva
- 275 | @ Manzo -
Finding something to believe in was the hardest part. Atani knew herself to be steadfast person. Once she found her thing, there was no doubt in her mind she would have the sort of conviction Manzo was talking about. The problem was, she didn't even know what sort of person she was supposed to be, what sort of beliefs herself in her past life held close at heart. Her fear was that deep inside, there laid some sense of betrayal. She knew that when she awoke in Athalran free of all memories of her past, there had been a guild emblem tattooed on her shoulder. It since disappeared, but that told her at some point she had abandoned her guild in favor or returning to her people.

Knowing that, it was hard to accept what Manzo said about her decision to part ways with Athalran.

"I don't even know why I did it," she admitted, face falling in a mix of utter dejection and confusion. "Truth be told, my memories are a bit... hazy from my time among the elves. I still don't know why, but I just knew Fiore held more answers than they did. Everyone's pressure for me to stay just fueled my desire to leave, but what if they knew something I didn't?"

It was frustrating to be told what and what not to do, but the truth of the matter was her lack of memories put her at an extreme disadvantage. With none of her prior history to back her decisions, everything had to be based on logic, but logic failed to make sense of what she felt within her heart.
bloop ♡

#9b2222 - Sinese

#40Manzo 

Lonely Days [Manzo] - Page 2 Empty Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:11 am

Manzo

"I am going to tell you something that was told to me. May your heart be your guiding key." The dragon who bestowed upon him that phrase told him it was easier said than done. While it may be true, the truth of the matter was, the sooner you started, the faster you would find out.
He was not certain if Atani could delve deep into her heart at this point in time.

There was an offer he could put on the table. One that he did not make lightly. But the question of it all was, should he offer it to her. Would she even accept such a thing from him. Or would she feel like a stand in for a friend who vanished. Kerii and he had made plans to travel the world. See everything they could see in the life time that they had.

"How would you like to experience life with me? Take a trip of sorts, see the world for what it is." A cigar now placed to his lips. He took another drag, blowing smoke in the opposite direction of Atani. He knew that this kind of offer would catch her off guard, and even make her a tiny bit uncomfortable. So he casually slide away from her, giving her the space he felt as though she would probably need.

#41Atani 

Lonely Days [Manzo] - Page 2 Empty Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:01 pm

Atani

Atani Tathvir
Cálë lómillon tuiuva
- 297 | @ Manzo -
"May your heart be your guiding key."

"Easy for you to say." She shook her head. "I don't even know what mine wants."

If it was speaking to her, then she was deaf. Or perhaps more likely, it was so loud she couldn't make sense of its meaning. What she felt inside clashed with what few memories she had. It was an endless torment she had been dealing with on her lonesome. Atani hadn't told a soul of the discord within herself, not in Athalran, not in Fiore. That is, until she met Manzo. This man who was supposed to be a stranger had already managed to become closer to her than anyone she met. So close she had spilled all the worries she normally kept to herself.

It was as if she had known him for years.

But she hadn't. When he asked her to venture with him, she was taken aback.

"What?" Her emerald eyes were wide with shock and skepticism. She leaned back slightly in reflex. "Manzo, I-- I'm not the same elf you knew." She said it as gently as she could in fear that was the entire reason he wanted to do this with her. She couldn't be a replacement for whoever that girl was, and yet... She hadn't said the word no.

Atani was once again hit with a complexity of emotions she could make no sense of. No should have been her answer. She hardly knew the man, but she did all the same. They poured their hearts out to one another. They were bathing in a hot spring drinking wine for Sayha's sake. She exhaled a breath she had kept pent up in her chest.

"But you know that, so what makes you want to do something so bold?"
bloop ♡

#9b2222 - Sinese

#42Manzo 

Lonely Days [Manzo] - Page 2 Empty Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:12 pm

Manzo

What was it about her that made him want to do such things. Good question, very good question. How should he go about telling her how she has made him feel. That's a trick subject, to say the least. The only thing there was to do, was just to be honest. He put down his glass of wine, and turned his body towards her.

He took her hands gently into his, looking deeply into her eyes. His dragon blood spurring up within him as he began to speak the ancient tongue of his master. Something he had practiced in order to learn how to communicate with the world around him. "Atani los fin hofkiin do dii sil" His emerald green eyes turning to a crimson red, gaining a reptilian pupil within them as he spoke.

He knew it was far fetched for her to know anything of what he just said. But he had the heart of a dragon, and had to speak his heart. It was his truth, it was not easy for him to say any of that. The fear of her not understanding him was, far greater than any fear he had felt before.

His garnet eyes full of conviction. His face soft, yet firm in his proclamation. For her benefit he would translate to her language. So she could know exactly what he meant. "Atani na- i bar -o nin faer."

#43Atani 

Lonely Days [Manzo] - Page 2 Empty Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:40 pm

Atani

Atani Tathvir
Cálë lómillon tuiuva
- 247 | @ Manzo -
Manzo took Atani's hands into his. They were warm, warmer than even the water from the hot spring. As they locked eyes once again, his changed from its forested shade of green to a deep vermilion. His round pupils changed into serpentine slits. The words to next come out of his mouth were of a language Atani had never heard spoken aloud. Despite the warmth of the water around her, it sent chills down her spine. Its harsh sounds came deep from the throat. It would have sounded harrowing had it not been for Manzo's gentle tone. She stared at him, eyes glazed over in confused fascination.

"W- What?" Her voice was soft, breathy, as if entranced by what had came over the Dragon Slayer. Realizing she would not know the language he was speaking, he translated it to her in Val'Elvarin. Though it was broken, she understood every word of it. Her cheeks turned rose.

"Gerich faer nín," she responded. Her hand flew to her mouth upon realizing what she said.

The exchange was a common sentimentality in Val'Elvarin, but it was one that was reserved for loved ones. She didn't know why she was so willingly able to say it to Manzo-- it had been a reflex driven by pure emotion. It again, was as if she had known him for years, though she knew that couldn't have been true. Switching back to Fiorian, Atani quickly became flustered. "I don't know why I said that."
bloop ♡

#9b2222 - Sinese

#44Manzo 

Lonely Days [Manzo] - Page 2 Empty Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:52 pm

Manzo

He smiled at her words, his heart full of warmth, and his reptilian eyes brimming with love. He kneeled down in the water, their eyes now level with one another. He placed his forehead against hers. Their souls touching through the portals of their eyes.

"Le annon veleth nín." The words rolled off of serpent tongue like water. Flowing with no hesitation or remorse.

He took her into his sculpted arms, pressing his chest against her head. The two sharing this tinder moment, it was strange, to say the least. But at the end of it all, it felt so right, and almost natural. He could not begin to describe why that was.

"There is something here, I know not what it is. But I have to find out." He truly had no idea as to why things had transpired this way. Why she had brought this out of him in such a way. None of it made any particular sense.

He let her hair down, running his fingers through her beautiful blond locks. Placing a kiss on top of her head gently. Losing himself to the moment, he was simply at it's mercy. Not knowing how to stop, and not particularly wanting to.

He could only hope that would understand him through this physical act. Cradling her as if she had always belonged there.

#45Atani 

Lonely Days [Manzo] - Page 2 Empty Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:36 am

Atani

Atani Tathvir
Cálë lómillon tuiuva
- 320 | @ Manzo -
Hearing her language spoken through the mouth of a Dragon Slayer gave a feeling like none other. The traces of the ancient draconian language could still be heard on his tongue. She relaxed her hand, letting it fall from her lips to Manzo's shoulder as their heads pressed against one another. She wondered if the elf he once knew taught him that gesture was an expression of love shared among the Wood Elves of Athalran.

He pulled her to his chest. The Slayer smelled of the forest, as if he breathed life itself. Nassë, she would call him in her tongue. A true-being connected by the martalmar-- the roots of the Earth, the very veins that bridged everyone in the world. She felt safe in his arms.

"There is something here, I know not what it is. But I have to find out."

"Ná," she quietly agreed. Being held in his arms, being kissed on head, fingers running through her hair... It all felt too familiar. Tears budded in her eyes as hidden memories tried to force their way to the front of her brain. The olfactory remembrance of salty air infused with metallic blood took over Manzo's calming scent. The physical sensation of his grip was the same as in Astera, though Atani could not say she even knew what that was. All she could remember were the feelings, nothing more, nothing less.

"Goheno nin," she apologized, detaching herself from Manzo. "Aníron peded."

She wiped the tears from her eyes and adjusted her bun so that no loose hairs Manzo had pulled out would touch the water, as per onsen etiquette. Broken from her almost hypnotic state, she cleared her throat to switch back to Fiorian once more.

"I need another drink," Atani laughed, taking a long, pensive sip of her red as she tried to gather her thoughts. "It looks like we both had our turns crying today."
bloop ♡

#9b2222 - Sinese

#46Manzo 

Lonely Days [Manzo] - Page 2 Empty Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:17 am

Manzo

As their embrace ended he could not help but feel a little sad. Her skin, and her scent, was more intoxicating than any he had experienced in such a long time. Perhaps it was the pheromones', there many answers to this question. But he still yearned for her touch once more. As if she was sating a hunger in him that he did not know that he had. This whole ordeal was a rather strange one.

It was something he could not shake, but would do his best with. He did not want to become too clingy with her. Even though they had just whispered sweet nothings to each other in an ancient language. Nothing spelled romance like flirting in dead and unknown languages.

"This may come as a surprise to you. But I actually have no idea how I was speaking in your tongue. I know thuum, the tongue of dragons. But elvish not so much."

He rubbed the back of his neck in embarassment hoping he spoke it with enough inflection in his voice to do it justice. If not that would make him blush even further. Even the act of blushing was a strange one for him. So well collected was he, that he rarely ever lost his composure.

This whole day was one giant mind fuck.

#47Atani 

Lonely Days [Manzo] - Page 2 Empty Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:57 pm

Atani

Atani Tathvir
Cálë lómillon tuiuva
- 212 | @ Manzo -
Atani let the alcohol dull her mind as its contents seeped into her system. She had told Manzo she wished to speak, though now she couldn't even collect her thoughts, much less form them into coherent words. He had every reason to feel as if he was among the friend he once had, but there was no excuse for her share of familiarity. If she even so much as tried to express what she felt, there was no doubt in the elf's mind that it would come off as borderline insanity. So, she would keep that bottled up inside for the time being.

Thankfully, Manzo was able to break the silence. She was surprised to discover he didn't truly know elvish.

"Val'Elvarin," she specified for the man. "The Wood Elf tongue. I assumed you picked it up from your friend."

She could tell he wasn't fluent, which was how she arrived at that conclusion, but to hear that not even he knew how he learnt it? Atani was amazed.

"What causes your eyes to turn as red as they did?"

It was only then did he manage to speak in her native language and the language of the dragons. The latter made sense in conjunction with his eyes' draconic appearance, but Val'Elvarin?
bloop ♡

#9b2222 - Sinese

#48Manzo 

Lonely Days [Manzo] - Page 2 Empty Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:27 pm

Manzo

It had seemed his iris' had peaked her curiosity. He could not blame her for that. It wasn't exactly normal to have one shade for a moment, then have another. But he supposed the easiest way to go about explaining was to simply show her. He would raise himself out of the water, no towel around his waist. Simply because, at this stage, what harm did it do.

"I am an elder dragon slayer. Meaning I have learned from a dragon who has been around for quite some time. Leaders of their respective kind." He said as he popped his back and neck, knowing that this partial transformation was something that would take a bit out of him.

"The nature dragon who took me in, taught me his magic, and then implanted elder dragon magic within my body." His eyes now turning that shade of vermillion once again. Scales beginning to adorn his arms. Almost like full sleeve tattoos. His canines growing longer, as well as sharper.

"This is what a second generation dragon slayer looks like." Crossing his arms, he would begin to concentrate his inherent magic with that of his lacrima. Forcing the next stage of his transformation. Horns now rising from beneath his hair, the scales decorating most of his upper body aside from his abdominal region, and pectoral, but up to his neck. Long talon like nails growing from his finger tips.

"And this is a what a third generation dragon slayer looks like." His eyes now a serpent like yellow, with reptilian slits.

#49Atani 

Lonely Days [Manzo] - Page 2 Empty Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:06 pm

Atani

Atani Tathvir
Cálë lómillon tuiuva
- 232 | @ Manzo -
Manzo had mentioned that he was an elder dragon slayer before. That she knew. What she did not know, however, was that his magic enabled him to transform more than just his eyes. Scales grew along his arms. His canines sharpened. And just like before, his eyes turned blood red. This evidently was known as the 'second generation' transformation, though Atani did not know how that differed from other generations of slayers. If it was common knowledge among the citizens of Fiore, it was something the elven folk had neglected to teach her.

"Second... generation?" The cluelessness was evident on her face, yet her expression was still teamed with complete fascination. Never before had she seen something so different of a person. Some may have found it terrifying, but for her, it was the complete opposite.

There was yet another layer to the Dragon Slayer's appearance. Third generation, he called it. This time, complete with horns sprouting from his blonde head. His scales grew to cover more of his body. To get a better look, Atani too stood up from the hot spring. She placed a hand on Manzo's chest, thumb tenderly tracing his scales as it moved in a small arc.

"Amazing," she murmured. The energy he gave off, it reminded her even more of the forest than before. "And this is only the fraction of the power a dragon wields."
bloop ♡

#9b2222 - Sinese

#50Manzo 

Lonely Days [Manzo] - Page 2 Empty Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:14 pm

Manzo

Manzo placed his hand over hers, caressing it softly with a smile on his face. The curiosity of this elf, was too cute for words. She was the only person who had seen this form, and found beauty in it. It was refreshing to say the least. A moment like this would be one he would cherish. Atani, so kind, so gentle, so inquisitive. She was something to behold, and to appreciate.

"The Elder beings are full of majesty and wonder." He said with a smile on his face. As he wrapped an arm around her and ran his nails gently through her hair. A soft stroking motion, a simple tender act. Something uncommon of beasts like him. Well some beasts, he was a defender. All he ever wanted to do, was protect.

"Would you like to hear any stories of my times with the dragons?" he asked in a chipper tone of voice. He had plenty of stories of things that he learned, or things he experienced in his odyssey inside the forest of pain. It was called that, for many reasons. One because of the treacherous terrain, large carnivores, and often times mazes of trees. Safe to say, if you couldn't follow smells, or tracks, you never made it out of there.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum