Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Disenchanted Potion (Quest)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Vivi Ramstein 

Disenchanted Potion (Quest) Empty Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:06 pm

Vivi Ramstein
"You want me to hunt a lizard?"

Vivi couldn't quite believe that she had heard the good doctor correctly. She knew the man was made from their last bit of contact, his work had been a complete mockery of her time and resources. But his latest request was simply inane.

"A very rare lizard," Dr. Mabuz reiterated. "Specifically the Green Spined Lizard. Hunting and harvesting them has long since been outlawed by the council, another oversight of theirs which is now hindering my continued research into the field of magical enhancement. But, given your work for me before, I doubt you are too averse to going against the will of the council. Public experimentation on unwilling subjects is not exactly a harmless crime. Anyhow, I only need you to retrieve it's tail. Do that for me and I will make sure you are well rewarded for your work. A bit of poaching never hurt anyone really. Well, unless they get too close to the prey they're hunting and end up as a part of the local food chain. But, I trust that won't be the fate that befalls a woman of your caliber. You've proven to be an adept research assistant in the past." The good doctor reached into his coat pocket and withdrew a photograph which he handed to Vivi. A photo of her target, and clearly the name of the lizard was more literal than figurative.

"Right," Vivi snorted. She stuffed the picture into her pocket. "Fine, I'll get your lizard tail. But the reward better be higher this time. I'm not interested in doing more dangerous work for the same amount of pay. I'll be back when I've wrapped up this 'work' of yours. You'd better have my jewels for me when I get back."

She turned away quickly, always demanding the last word when it comes to business. She wasn't there to make friends with the doctor, she was there to make sure she had money and was getting her name out there. If there was one thing she had learned since she started taking on the tasks that the less scrupulous individuals in Fiore needed done it was that credibility was more important than friendship. If she wanted to take on bigger, higher paying jobs then she needed to make sure her name was floating around in the right circles. Being a nameless street thug was not in her future, and she would make sure of that.

Navigating Oak had become easier in the last few weeks that she had been in town. She knew where to go to avoid prying eyes and how to walk through the streets without picking up any extra attention. She managed to slip out of the city without even a word from any guards or passersby. Discretion, she had also learned, would save her life more than her fists. Well, at least until she was powerful enough to put down anyone who came after her. But she remembered the lesson from months prior, she knew how weak she still was even if she had done some growing. She needed more time.

Walking into the forest once she was out of sight of the city walls, Vivi began her search in earnest for the endangered lizard. She didn't intend to kill the creature, of course, she had no reason to. Death needed a reason not just a spur of the moment choice behind it. Sure, the jewels could be the reason, and she wasn't above making that her reason, but given that it was just an animal and she only needed one part of it she couldn't exactly justify slaughtering it. No, she'd just take the tail and be done with it. Of course, that was dependent on finding the little thing first. She searched high and low for two hours, inspecting every nook and cranny of every tree, outcropping, bush, and hidey hole that she could manage to spy out in the middle of the forest. Thankfully the sun was high and there were few clouds so she had good visibility for the search. But it didn't make things easier.

Her search continue for another half an hour before she managed to spot something. Passing by a small glade, she noticed a grouping of rocks by a small pond. And there she spotted it, perched atop one of the rocks and simply bathing in the sun. The Green Spined Lizard. She could see now why she needed to be careful though, the thing was larger than any lizard she had seen before. No doubt it would take issue if she tried to harm it. She decided to take a stealthier approach. Sneaking through the grass as quietly as she could, Vivi kept low as she grew ever closer to her quarry. The lizard, basking as it was, didn't seem to notice her. She could easily make some noise to startle it, but with its guard lowered she knew she could snag the tail before it could even react. Once she had managed to get close enough, Vivi tapped her palm into the ground beneath her feet. Magic circles formed beneath her soles, and the moment she started moving she could feel her body accelerate to a new level of speed. She dashed for the rock and lunged for the lizard. Her sudden presence stirred it from its slumber, but she was too quick. Pulling her hand to her hip, she charged up her attack with a gesture. Swinging her hand down in an arc towards the lizard, two pulsing shards of arcane energy ripped from the space in front of her fingers towards the lizard. The creature squeaked as the twin blasts ripped into its tail, severing it as both blasts connected. Hissing at her, the lizard quickly scurried off from the rock faster than Vivi imagined. But she didn't mind.

Grabbing the tail, which was a bit bloodier than she thought it would be, Vivi stuffed it into her bag. Her job finished, she felt satisfied enough to head back to the city. Slinking in through a less guarded gate, she made her way stealthily through the streets back to the doctor's shop. Finding him waiting for her practically with baited breath, she tossed the tail onto the table and held out her hand expectantly. True to his word, the doctor handed her a sack nearly overflowing with jewels. She checked the inside and found the amount to at least be more than what she had made before. Satisfied with that, she turned on her heel with a silent wave and left the shop, eager to return to her own work.

[1132/1000 Words]

Spells Used:

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum