Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Floor of the warrior kobolds - Hard

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

#51Zagan 

Floor of the warrior kobolds - Hard - Page 3 Empty Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:42 pm

Zagan

Not too long ago, Zagan managed to enter Earthland through the rifts that opened all across the world. Many demons were slaughtered upon entering Earthland, however, Zagan turned out to be too powerful for the group encountering him in Hargeon. He did not care much about the carnage. Instead, Zagan decided to collect on the deals he had made with mortals centuries ago. Debts that were carried by their descendants.

Eventually, the Dragons realized what Zagan was doing. They secretly captured the Demon Lord and sealed him in this dungeon. Now that others had finally entered it, he could leave this damned place again. He did not care to exact revenge against the Dragons who sealed him here. His plans were far more ambitious. A glimpse of what could be offered was presented in this dungeon. A chance to overcome one's own insecurities and become a stronger person. Only a few resonated to this call though. What they heard were not words whispered by Zagan, but words that came from within themselves.

From the shadows, Zagan entered the room to reveal himself. At that moment, he appeared like any other human wearing a black suit. It was, however, clear that Zagan was not someone ordinary wandering around this place. With a wave of his hand, Mary turned into smoke and disappeared. She wasn't harmed by Zagan, but teleported away from this floor. Zagan already knew that the girl hadn't heard the whispers. She would become a liability if she remained here and heard about it.

"Did you hear them too? The whispers?" Zagan asked the group. There were four of them. The three hadn't noticed yet that someone else reached their location as well. "I heard them as well a long time ago. Whispers that came from within. Whispers that confronted you with your own insecurities." Zagan walked towards the group without any sign of malice. He wanted to show them that he wasn't here to harm them. Instead, he wanted to help them. "It is as they say, right? The one capable of hurting you the most is yourself in the end. Deep inside you know what bothers you even if you do not want to acknowledge it all. These whispers are not a curse though. See them as a blessing. Only those hearing the whispers can seek out the power to end it. So what is bothering you all?"

#52Ko Lesalt 

Floor of the warrior kobolds - Hard - Page 3 Empty Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:15 am

Ko Lesalt

It seemed that solving the labyrinth had more profound effects on the dungeon than simply opening the way forward.  After turning around and storming back into the twisting halls Ko and the others had just left, he'd quickly come upon new passageways that weren't part of the labyrinth at all.  Every time Ko began to question the rationale in chasing a disembodied voice, it spoke up again, peppering him with inflammatory whispers that stoked his outrage.

Ironically, after some time the passageway he'd been traversing started to resemble the lava tubes of Fatal Peak, and just as expected he came to the end of the passage to find himself deposited in a room that could only be described as the heart of a volcano.  Strewn about the place were the bodies of murdered Kobolds, and standing near the center were a group of four people Ko didn't recognize.

Naturally, Ko assumed that one of them was to blame for the whispers, but before he could call out to them another figure appeared, casually gesturing at one of their number and teleporting her away.  Nantosuelta was following closely behind him, incredibly on edge.  Whoever that shadowy man was, he made her extremely concerned.

Ko finally reached the rest of the group just as the man began to speak, and his initial choice of words gave Ko pause.  At first glance Ko would have thought the man in shadows was the cause of the whispers, but he was talking about them as some kind of separate phenomenon he had experienced himself.  As he continued, the angry scowl on Ko's face melted into a strained, manic grin.  

His own insecurities?  Of course, he'd known that.  It had never been what the whispers had said, it had been that something was repeating it back to him.  The shame of thinking something else out there had seen what he'd packed down into his soul like a lump of coal.  When the man finally asked what was bothering them, Ko let out a sarcastic laugh, dropping his sword on the ground with a clatter.  "Blessing?  You call this a blessing?"

Ko rubbed at his face with one hand, running it up through his hair as he craned his head to stare at the ceiling, trying to keep his turbulent emotions from spilling out in front of these strangers.  "I hear these damn whispers every night.  I see the face that speaks them in my Nightmares.  Memories tormenting me, holding me back.  Tearing me apart from the inside.  If I could, I'd shove my own sword into my head and cut these memories out like a cancer!"

#53Zagan 

Floor of the warrior kobolds - Hard - Page 3 Empty Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:15 am

Zagan

"Somehow you still perservered and continued living on with these painful memories of yours." Zagan said. Even though Ko might not have been aware that he was speaking to a Demon, Zagan's demeanor wouldn't have given it away for he was empathetic towards Ko's struggle.

"It is holding you back though, isn't it? Somehow you cannot reach your true potential because of these memories. Always second-guessing yourself. Never feeling as if you deserve something."

#54Steel 

Floor of the warrior kobolds - Hard - Page 3 Empty Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:31 am

Steel

As his sword was taken from him. The illusion stopped. The voice was still whispering in his head. It was a maddening whisper and it coupled with the rage Steel had been in had completely drained him of power. He fell to his knees. As he fell to his knees he was kicked. The kick sent him flying and he landed on safe footing a bit away. The kick had shattered his armor. And as he had flown through the air due to the knockback of the kick the armor had fallen off him in several pieces. He was now laying down on the hot ground without armor. He was still safe but would the lava rise anymore than it already had he could be in trouble. He stood up again slowly but with his arms raised as if he was giving up the fighting. Instead only tears streamed down his face but he made no noise, no snivels no nothing.

It was then that the new entity entered the room. The entity took the attention away from everything else. When he waved his hand. The woman Mary that had used some sort of magic on Steel was turned into smoke and disappeared which ended the spell she had cast on Steel. It was in a weird way like he hadn’t entered. Like he had always been there just not earlier when they were fighting the kobolds. He spoke about the whispers, he spoke about how he as well had heard the whispers long ago. He didn’t look much older than Steel but Steel knew from the feeling of power that this was something ancient.

He talked about how they shouldn’t see the whispers as a curse but as a blessing. Which made it obvious to Steel that not only he had heard it but the rest of them as well. It was like only those who had this whisper of insecurity could actually overcome it and gain what they were missing before. Steel spoke “What bothers me is the fact that I did not have the power to save my parents and I haven’t avenged them either. Their voices echo inside me and it recalls to me their faces both happy and later twisted in death, The continuous horror is making me insane. Please help me gain what I am missing to end this madness.” It was as if Steel’s voice was taken out of him. He spoke about things that he usually wouldn't, was it because of the sadness, rage and general hopelessness he felt or was it because of some sort of magic?

WC: 3023/2000-More

STEEL'S STATS
Strength: 42 +60 from Earrings +60 from Sword = 162
Speed: 31 +40 from Ring - 10 from Sword = 61
Constitution: 31 = 1S rank
Endurance: 34
Intelligence: 11
Mana: 1235
Minor Armored Movement & Wielding: Half speed penalty on all heavy equipment except shields.

STEEL'S EQUIPMENT
Weapon: Executioner Sword
Earrings: Pyaar Earrings
Ring: Haste Ring

#55Odin † 

Floor of the warrior kobolds - Hard - Page 3 Empty Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:07 am

Odin †

So much happened within such a small period of time. Lucas subdued Steel, removing his weapon and knocking him back, which was enough to snap him out of his frenzy. Then the words of another echoed throughout the room, as the female Fairy Tail mage disappeared to announce the arrival of this newcomer. A man, if such a word could even be used to describe him, approached the three remaining mages. He spoke of the whispers, of insecurities and the powers granted to those who overcame them. He asked what insecurities those gathered had heard, which prompted another newcomer, one whom Lucas had not yet noticed, to speak up. He had issues, the whispers had clearly hurt him and, as it turned out, so had Steel's. Their troubles were both laid bare, and this being even had replies for the other man.

Odin had to be careful. He couldn't resist the man's offer to speak of his troubles, but neither could he allow his guildmates to know of his true self. He stood there, looking at the man, his illusory eyes loosing illusory tears as he whispered under his breath. Somehow, perhaps because of where they were, he knew the demon would understand him, and hear his words, even if no one else could.

"I'm too weak. I don't have the power to bring HER back. SHE's turned HER back on me, found another champion to be HER salvation. I'm nothing..."

#56Guest 

Floor of the warrior kobolds - Hard - Page 3 Empty Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:29 am

The amusing yet grim sight of the final kobold had entertained Zane long enough for him not to truly realize what had happened. By the time he caught wind of the mysterious new figure in the room he had already missed Mary's sudden disappearance, something he didn't currently note, his eyes fixated on the dark haired man who had chosen to appear before the group once he had began to speak to them. Zane initially stood there flabbergasted, as many would. After all, it had only been a moment since the group had fought of all the kobolds. Through taking in what the man said little by little, Zane found it odd that he knew of the whispers in his head. To be more accurate, it was THEIR heads now. Considering the man seemed to be addressing them as a group, Zane found it safe to say that the others had heard the whispers as well.

Placing his hand on his chin, Zane thought a little bit about the whispers he had heard. They were from himself, right? Or at least someone who sounded a lot like himself, at least... Zane couldn't help but think that his own voice in his head was a sign that he was insecure. Jealous, maybe. Longing for something, for anything, for everything that he didn't currently have. After all, in his time in Myras Zane had thought constantly about how everyone else around him seemed to have so many things, yet he had nothing. It was something that bothered him every day in that place. A place where such a difference was so clearly black and white within the districts of the city. About to answer the man's question sincerely, Zane was about to open his mouth, but then...

Stopping himself, Zane wondered just who this man was. Something about saying his insecurities out loud to some mysterious stranger rubbed Zane the wrong way. Placing his hand back on his revolver, Zane spoke for real this time, directing a voice with a rather sarcastic tone towards the man. "Didn't know therapists took house calls all the way out here." Zane pointed towards the man with his other hand, looking him up and down. He seemed like a relatively normal guy. The biggest problem with such a thing was that this wasn't a relatively normal place, and most relatively normal people wouldn't be going to such relatively un-normal locations. "At least tell us your name and hourly rate before you ask me to talk about my problems."

#57Zagan 

Floor of the warrior kobolds - Hard - Page 3 Empty Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:34 am

Zagan

"I see, so we are all in the same boat here. I guess I have managed to deal with a lot of things since I accepted the solution to the problem," Zagan said. "The answer to your problems is Nightmare." The concept of Nightmare would be vague to all of them, because Nightmare was removed from lore and history. In the end, they managed to remove a lot of things linked to the Abyss, however, Nightmare was much smaller and it could be removed more easily.

"Have you ever heard about Nightmare? Ah, what am I talking about! Of course, you haven't heard about it! Everything about it got erased." Zagan could ramble on about anything. They missed out on so much history cause their lives were so short. "Wistech? Ever heard about Wistech? Long ago, the nation of Wischtech existed on Earthland. While small, they were nearly unstoppable for they utilized something known as Nightmare. At the time, the strongest race on Earthland, the High Elves, warred against Wischtech for years to stop them from expanding. They sealed away the realm of Nightmare from which the powers poured into Earthland and empowered the Wischtechians. Lore about Nightmare was burned and destroyed so that it could never return again."

So here Zagan stood with mortals. They were unaware of the depths of life due to their short life span and Zagan was pouring some knowledge into them. "Okay, look. Imagine going through life without whatever is bothering you right now? How would it go? Better, right? That is Nightmare." What Zagan forgot to share was that individuals who used Nightmare drew their power from more intense, raw and darker emotions such as fear, anger, hatred, passion, and aggression.

#58Odin † 

Floor of the warrior kobolds - Hard - Page 3 Empty Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:39 am

Odin †

There was a lot of information that this man, if that was even the right title, was giving the four men gathered. More than any of them could've imagined or even foresaw. Information from many years ago, centuries before humans were dominant on Earthland, back during the reign of High Elves in their great lands. There was a power, hidden away from any who could abuse it, which gave a small country immeasurable strength, enough to stand against those who sought to destroy them. They were unafraid of their failures and had gained power to overcome any obstacle. The power was named 'Nightmare'.

It was a power that the being seemed to be offering to them, a way to move past their fears and become stronger, strong enough to combat even the strongest groups who would seek to destroy them. It was something that appealed to Lucas, but even more so to Odin. As he listened, he started to make connections in his mind. Nightmare was not the same of a holy power, it hailed from the Abyss, it was dark, and it was powerful. It could give Odin the power to become HER champion, to spread fear throughout Fiore and reshape the world into one befitting HER arrival.

Still under the guise of Lucas, the Lich spoke, "How can we access this power? How can we unlock the secrets of this 'Nightmare' as you call it? I wish to gain the strength that those of Wischtech possessed." It was hard to keep the excitement from his voice but, at least until he unlocked the power, he had to remember who he appeared. He was the elder Fairy Tail mage, he was not yet in his true form.

#59Zagan 

Floor of the warrior kobolds - Hard - Page 3 Empty Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:28 am

Zagan

The blond boy was a bit skeptic, but Zagan couldn't blame him. "The name is Zagan, normally I would charge you an arm and a leg, but this consultation meeting is absolutely free of charge. And what might all your names be?" Zagan said with a laugh. Somehow the laugh indicated that these were actually Zagan's rates. He then turned his attention towards the lich pretending to a mortal. "We have to find one of the remnants of the Wistechian civilization. And I have to contact an old friend of mine. Either way, it means we need to get out of here first." Zagan already sensed that these adventurers were not the only ones in the dungeon. The others were most likely still outside. Based on the number of people that had just entered this place, the Dragons were probably already alerted. They didn't have much time to leave the scene. They weren't going to allow Zagan to leave this place and spare the lives of these adventurers with him.

#60Guest 

Floor of the warrior kobolds - Hard - Page 3 Empty Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:18 am

The demon initially went on a little bit about nightmare, a seemingly mysterious power that could grant whatever they want, at least the way the man framed it. There was a bit of history there too, of which Zane somewhat paid attention to. The mysterious man skipping over his questions irritated Zane just a little, his eye twitching a bit in annoyance, not helped by the fact he had just fought off kobolds only a minute or two ago.

Zane was surprised when the man did get to his question though, even somewhat appreciating his humor by coming back with his own remark. Of all the dark, mysterious, edgy and philosophical people Zane had met in a volcano it was safe to say this man was definitely his favorite. His laugh did give Zane the quite real impression that what he was saying wasn't entirely a joke, though. A bit nervous at the fact, Zane chuckled awkwardly. "Hah... the name's Zane, by the way. Christian Zane, technically. Kinda forget about the Christian part a lot, though." After that, Zane let the man continue on with his talk about, well, things Zane didn't really know much about. Somehow now liking the man rather than being annoyed by him, Zane was about ready to go on with his plan of them leaving. Zane realized something, however. What in the world did this guy want with any of them?

Putting his hand on his chin once again, a common tactic of Zane's to seem smarter, he spoke once again to the man, this time in a bit of a friendlier tone. "Wait wait, hold on. Outside of all the crazy exposition and what not, I have a question. What exactly is so special about us, anyways? Why do you want us to seemingly come with you? I'm all down for seeing what's up, personally. At the same time, I'd definitely prefer if I knew why you're even down here, Zagan. Not sure why anyone would wanna go to this volcano, unless they wanted to sketch some kobolds or somethin. And if that is the case, well..." Looking around at the massacred kobolds, Zane figured his point got across. "What I'm asking is basically this: why are you here, and why are you telling us all this?"

#61Ko Lesalt 

Floor of the warrior kobolds - Hard - Page 3 Empty Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:55 am

Ko Lesalt

It seemed like the pit that Ko had unwittingly wandered into just got deeper and deeper.  While Ko couldn't really follow a lot of what Zagan was saying, he got the general gist of it.  Sometime in the past there was some kind of super-powerful nation that used some kind of special magic to...do something.

Regardless, the strange man was right.  Ko was tired of feeling lesser than himself, of falling short of his own expectations because of something completely out of his control.  If Zagan knew of a way to let him take back control, he'd take the chance even if he wasn't offering it for free.  

As he was coming to this conclusion, however, one of the other men brought up some good points.  Zagan had said that the fact they heard the whispers meant they could seek the power to end them.  "It has something to do with the whispers, doesn't it?  The reason you need us?"  Ko blurted that comment out the second it occurred to him, and it didn't stop there.  

However, realizing he'd simply interjected right after Zane had finished speaking, Ko sheepishly backpedaled. "Uh, names, right; I'm Ko Lesalt. You said this 'Nightmare' thing is supposed to help us get rid of whatever is holding us back, so what exactly is it?  Some kind of Magic?  A life philosophy?  A weight-lifting regimen?  I just...look, you see where I'm coming from right?  Its called Nightmare.  That's not what you'd usually call something that's supposed to be good for you, right?  Hell I get enough nightmares as it is without adding some extra ones on top."

#62Zagan 

Floor of the warrior kobolds - Hard - Page 3 Empty Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:25 am

Zagan

"I am not here entirely willingly, Zane. There is faction out there doing whatever it takes to ensure that Nightmare does not return to Earthland. Since they couldn't defeat me, they sort of sealed me here. I guess my friends somehow managed to convince you all to enter this dungeon in order to disturb the seal. Either way, after today, I can leave this place."

Zagan briefly paused to look at the others for a moment. "The reason I am sharing this with you all is because you heard the whispers as well, Ko. I am simply offering a solution to your problems. It is up to you all whether you leave this place with me or without me. I don't care. If you want to do something about your lives, follow me. If not, continue living as broken beings." It was true. Whether they followed Zagan or not didn't matter to him. He simply wanted to offer the same power to like-minded individuals. A cure to their disease.

"Nightmare manifests through passion. Through passion, you gain strength. Through strength, you gain power. Through power, you gain victory. And through victory, your chains will be finally broken. Nightmare does not associate itself with good nor bad. It simply draws its powers from intense and raw emotions such as fear, anger, hatred, and passion." There wasn't much time left. Zagan was willing to answer a few more questions, but after that, the adventurers had a decision to make. Zagan was either going to leave this place with them or without them. But he wasn't going to stay here anymore.

"I guess another way to describe Nightmare would be through the color black. But it isn't a color, is it? It is the absence of color. And yet, without color, it exists. It is raw, pure, and untainted. Now some might argue that black stands for evil, but that is simply a construct made by this world through storytelling. In the end, what does black truly stand for? It stands for nothing. You give meaning to colors. And you decide how to use these powers once you make them your own. As long as you feed it with your raw emotions, they will manifest. That is why not everyone can hear the whispers. Some lack these raw emotions."

#63Odin † 

Floor of the warrior kobolds - Hard - Page 3 Empty Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:37 am

Odin †

So it seemed like, to unlock the power of Nightmare -something Odin was more than happy to do, they would have to leave the dungeon with Zagan, which was an expected, however still very interesting, revelation as he introduced himself. They needed to find remnants of the old civilisation, and also meet an old friend of the beings. Now, given how old he seemed to be, Odin could only speculate that his 'friend' would be just an ancient, and powerful, as Zagan himself seemed to be. The again, the more powerful the company Odin kept, the more power he himself could attain. It was something he was more than happy to do.

The other two, not Lucas or Steel, had some interesting questions. Zane and Ko, as it turned out. They just weren't questions Lucas had cared enough to ask about. A dark power called Nightmare was something that had used in the past, and would happily acquire once more. As for why they were chosen, the main thing was that they were, or at least that Odin was, and he could work from that to become stronger.

"I am Lucas."

"Steel."

Once introductions were complete, Zagan seemed to explain the power as best he could. It drew upon powerful emotions, but it wasn't itself inherently evil. It mattered more on how one controlled it. It was enough for Odin and Lucas, who just remembered there that he was missing an arm, and should act more pained. His Lich self couldn't care less, it caused him no pain, but the human he was pretending to be probably needed to make more of an effort to be hurt by it. After all, he was missing a fairly important limb, it was an arm.

"What's the catch? Your seal is broken, what more do you want from us four specifically?"

Steel had a point, but Lucas decided to interject before the being could respond, "Can we maybe discuss this on the way out? I don't know about you but I should really get some medical attention, and this heat isn't helping much."

#64Ko Lesalt 

Floor of the warrior kobolds - Hard - Page 3 Empty Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:22 pm

Ko Lesalt

Ko listened intently as he could as Zagan explained the nature of Nightmare, nodding in thought. As he expected, Ko didn't get it at all. Zagan was talking about it like all he had to do was be passionate and he'd somehow overcome his inner weaknesses? But it wasn't just emotions, it was also a color? Really, this Zagan guy was really good at talking without saying anything.

Regardless, it was good enough he supposed. Whatever Nightmare was, it wasn't exactly magic, and it wasn't exactly evil. It was probably predisposed to being used for evil, since it drew power from fear and anger. Ko knew enough to deduce that it couldn't impose those emotions on someone without it's power becoming recursive.

The man named Lucas spoke up then, asking that they hurry so that he could get medical attention, which was the first time Ko noticed he was missing an entire arm. "Oh shit! You're a tough motherfucker!" Ko could only hope he'd take it as nonchalantly if he ever lost an arm. Still, there was one question still hanging at the back of Ko's mind.

"So, I don't mind if we get outa here now, but I do have one more question. Did they have to call it 'Nightmare'? Couldn't they have chosen something less obviously evil sounding?"

#65Zagan 

Floor of the warrior kobolds - Hard - Page 3 Empty Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:04 pm

Zagan

"No catch, Steel. Extra hands are always more useful. I got what you need and you guys can help me out to get it faster. Diversion might be necessary from time to time to trick the Dragons and it is easier to pull that off with the right numbers." Zagan then turned his attention towards Lucas. He didn't want to blow Lucas' cover and played along. Even though Zagan realized that Lucas was a lich, he understood that the rest might not be aware of that fact. "Sure thing, champ. I'm in a hurry as well."

Before they could leave, Ko started to ask more questions. Zagan didn't mind answering his question, but they really needed to leave the place before the seals were restored. Thus, Zagan started to walk and signed the rest to follow him while talking. "The name itself refers to Nacht, the Dragon of the End, the Nightmare Dragon. Since the powers originate from him, it is referred to as a Nightmare. And the whole end thing sounds scarier than it is. I mean, what is creation without a little bit of destruction?" Zagan said. He casually strolled through the floors while the rest followed him towards the exit. Since the dungeon's teleportation exits were gone, they had to use a different method. Luckily, Zagan knew how to exit the dungeon.

"Last chance to change your minds, fellas. Once we leave this dungeon and you guys walk out of here with me, your fates are sealed in the eyes of the world."

They were almost at the exit, but Zagan still offered them a chance to retract their statements. Only if they were truly interested, he would allow them to tag along for this adventure.

#66Ko Lesalt 

Floor of the warrior kobolds - Hard - Page 3 Empty Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:18 am

Ko Lesalt

Ko couldn't conceal his surprise when Zagan plainly explained the origin of this 'Nightmare' power.  He might as well have been detailing his grocery list rather than talking about the history of some apocalypse dragon.  Even Nantosuelta tensed up at the name, bumping chin on Ko's shoulder as she moved in.  "Ko, we shouldn't be listening to this!  This power must have been locked away for a reason, you can't trust him!"

If Ko were being honest, or less desperate, he probably would have agreed with Nantosuelta.  This Zagan guy was selling something questionable with a suspiciously timely use to everyone present.  At the same time, Ko was tired.  He was tired of feeling trapped in his own life.  So instead of being honest, he grinned and rubbed Nantosuelta under her jaw.  "That doesn't sound like you Nan, you almost seem scared.  You're not gonna let something like a name send you running are you?"  Immediately he got the indignant growl he was looking for.  Rather than dismissing it, as he usually would, he looked her in the eye.  "Trust me, okay?"

It was clear from the look in her eyes that Ko hadn't dismissed her worries in the slightest.  Still, she didn't say anything else, simply laying her head on his shoulder and grumbling.  Ko, still comforting his reticent flamewyrm, looked back at Zagan.  Our 'fates would be sealed in the eyes of the world', eh?  "Fuck em.  I've seen where fate is guiding me already, and its face down in a muddy ditch, drowning in my own vomit just so I can stop remembering for a few hours.  If stealing some power from some crusty old dragon will help me change that, I'm in."

#67Odin † 

Floor of the warrior kobolds - Hard - Page 3 Empty Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:32 am

Odin †

Nacht, the nightmare dragon, bringer of the end-times. It was the second godlike figure Odin had heard of, the first of course being his Goddess. Honestly, if this Nightmare power was even on the same page as HER powers, then it would bring Odin closer to his goal, and closer to releasing HER from HER prison. His mind had been made up before most of the questions had been asked. He knew it was power, he knew he had been chosen, that was enough. Good power, evil power, they not only didn't exist but they meant nothing to the Lich. He was a being of death, masquerading as a human in the Fairy Tail guild. He knew what he wanted, and he would explore any and every path to complete his goal.

Ko was the first to pledge his name to Zagan's plan, and Lucas didn't feel the need to waste anymore time, "I will aid you and gain the powers of Nightmare." Nothing more needed to be said, no one in the room needed to know why he was doing it or who he was. No doubt, all that information would come out eventually but, for now, he was still Lucas. Just an old man with a lust for power.

#68Steel 

Floor of the warrior kobolds - Hard - Page 3 Empty Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:23 pm

Steel

Steel had been mostly quiet whilst the others talked. Sure he had asked a question and for some reason spilt his heart and feelings all over the place. As Zagan walked Steel tried to keep pace with him. He decided to speak his air about this nightmare thing. “Even if there had been consequences, no power is inherently evil. It is what we as the users of the power make of it that makes it either good or evil.” He spoke proudly and in a smug manner that only young semi ignorant people like himself could speak in.

Steel looked at Ko who seemed not to have recognized him yet. Probably due to the fact that Steel while calm now was still covered in blood and gore from the top of his head to the soles of his feet. He stopped in his tracks and started wiping off. I mean gee if he was going to get out of the dungeon he didn’t want flies and shit covering him like a smelly poo in the jungle. He then waved at Ko “Yo Mercenary assassin guy.”

WC: 3208/2000-More

STEEL'S STATS
Strength: 42 +60 from Earrings +60 from Sword = 162
Speed: 31 +40 from Ring - 10 from Sword = 61
Constitution: 31 = 1S rank
Endurance: 34
Intelligence: 11
Mana: 1235
Minor Armored Movement & Wielding: Half speed penalty on all heavy equipment except shields.

STEEL'S EQUIPMENT
Weapon: Executioner Sword
Earrings: Pyaar Earrings
Ring: Haste Ring

#69Guest 

Floor of the warrior kobolds - Hard - Page 3 Empty Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:43 pm

Following Zagan, Zane felt excited to finally be close to getting out of this place. As it turned out a dungeon wasn't exactly the most pleasant place to have a conversation. Anticipating a hopeful breath of fresh air, Zane's hopes were temporarily halted as Zagan asked them if they truly were really to go along. Something about their fate being sealed in the eyes of the world. "Huh? Yeah, of course I'm sure." Zane wasn't really SUPER sure, but he was going to see what all this was about with his own eyes either way. "Besides, being sealed in the history of the world sounds pretty cool, not gonna lie. Hopefully whatever artist draws me does a good job." More focused on the thought of getting out of here and the idea of an interesting experience, Zane anxiously tapped his feet, just wanting to get out of this dungeon. "Besides, I'm tired of this dungeon. And this exposition dump too. I just wanna see this stuff with my own eyes by this point."

Zagan himself seemed like a pretty cool guy. In his experience reading stories, Zane always noticed that the mysterious dude who shared the backstory of the world was usually only evil about, say... 50% of the time. Those were pretty decent odds. Zane unfortunately didn't have any coins to flip, but that was fine by him. "I'm heading with you, so let's get going."

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum