Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Breaking The Habit: {Quest}{Lucian}

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Lucian V. Crimson 

Breaking The Habit: {Quest}{Lucian} Empty Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:17 am

Lucian V. Crimson
The warmth of the rising sun was a pleasant welcome compared to the dark gloom that hung over the city in the evening time, though granted the gloom while physically had left there was still some leftover darkness by the people of the city. They all seemed to be stuck in a constant state of fear and anguish. It almost reminds me of Oak, the people there were a wary sort of folks that seemed to be looking over their shoulders constantly in fear of an attack from some unknown assailant.

Though granted this was because most of them were involved in the darker underbelly of the city and had the fear of being dispatched by possible rivals or the law. But here, they seemed to be afraid of other things, and judging by the incident from last evening it was safe to say I know what. The rumors about this city being home to the creatures of the abyss were rife through the countryside. He heard the stories long before he even became a werewolf himself.

How the packs of wolves would come down in the dead of night and lay waste anything in their path. High-elite vampires that fed on the blood of those that they chose like fresh produce. Some rumors of the damned returning from the depths of hell itself to wreak havoc over the land. At this point, I could feel that all of these were not rumors. Even before my transition, I had a feeling that the rumors held more fact than fiction. If I could talk to an ancient primordial god, then who was to say that the chance of running into a demon from the pits of hell was far fetched. Lucian sipped on his water, the cold liquid was soothing to his body as he felt the heat of the coming afternoon sun, as he rose from the bar Lucian could feel that something was hanging in the air and there was no hiding from the interaction with the fate that he would have. As Lucian traverse through the day, the sun quickly gave way to the cold night. He heard the rustling of the steps before he smelt the odor from before. The odor of dead cattle.

378/300

The Harbinger of WarFortune wheelLucian's character sheet.

Breaking The Habit: {Quest}{Lucian} Qhre37u

Speech

Even if the morrow is barren of Promises
Nothing shall forestall my return
To become the dew that quenches the land
To spare the sands, the seas, the skies
I offer thee this silent sacrifice
#2Lucian V. Crimson 

Breaking The Habit: {Quest}{Lucian} Empty Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:21 am

Lucian V. Crimson
"So is it safe to assume you only hunt animals." The dark alleyway held many shadows and slinking out from the shadows came the vampire from once before. He must have recently finished a meal, judging by the sheepish look on his face but it was what it was. One had to do what they needed to survive. Lucian turned to face the vampire, the silence of the conversation hung in the air.

"I do. I have never fed on humans. And I don't plan on ever doing so. Especially with the time of my restoration is so near."

Lucian crossed his arms and waited for the theatrics to end and for the vampire to get to the point.

"I have tried to restore myself to humanity but I have failed. My honor prevents me from using the blood of my fellow humans to strengthen me to the point where I could complete this task for myself. All I ask of you is that you acquire these items on this list for me. I have included a map that should reveal the location of the lairs of the beings in which you are to get these items."

Lucian unrolled the map and took his time to go over the distinct markings, reading the list Lucian couldn't help but smirk. The claw of Lycan, I might as well give him one of mine. The tooth of a vampire...Why would he not just get one of his own, but then again he probably wouldn't be able to make it work. He needed one stronger than him. And the blood of a daemon... Of course. Of course, the blood of the damned.

"So a daemon meaning the half breed child of a human and demon..."

"Yes."
The vampire seemed to stare at him with a steeled expression.

Lucian nodded and folded up the paper, he had quite an adventure ahead of him and he was going to need all the time he could in order to get this done before things became too dicey or messed up. Besides, two of three creatures were not of his own kind and only a few knew how those encounters could go. Turning to leave Lucian called out over his shoulder.

"I shall meet you at the tavern on the other side of this wall in a few hours." Using his memory he started off in the direction of the easiest task. It was barely nightfall when Lucian made it to the whispering woods. The scent of the other werewolves was overpowering but he knew that he smelled them...

The pack stalked out of the surrounding black, their bodies fully consumed by the curse of the wolf. They were more beast than human and they had forsaken their humanity ages ago. They surrounded him, some of them sniffing him and others coiling backward watching him in interest. He couldn't blame them, they knew I was one of them. Just not them.

495/300

Speech

#3Lucian V. Crimson 

Breaking The Habit: {Quest}{Lucian} Empty Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:25 am

Lucian V. Crimson
As Lucian watched with a hollow expression, a large wolf walking on his two feet strolled forward, his maw open to reveal his glimmering teeth. His imposing form gave credit to him being the alpha of the pack. Strolling forward in his towering presence, the pack leader stared down at him with unwavering eyes. As if at any moment he would rip Lucian apart and truth be told it couldn't be helped.

"Why do you come here? Half-blood."

"I need a claw. I am trying to complete a ritual."

I have no time for these games or double talk. Time was of the essence. The pack leader chuckled and the others followed, most of them slinking backward as they watched the proceedings.

"And why should we give you one? You're not of us. And you reek of vampire."

"Exactly. I'm trying to cleanse one of them of their curse. Which helps your cause in the end."

The werewolf seemed to ponder for a moment before proceeding, leaning even closer to the point Lucian was getting a full look of his teeth.

"You know nothing about our cause. Half-blood. Leave before we feast on you."

"I am not leaving without that claw, by Krotodamus himself, I will not leave without one."  The pack leader stopped in his tracks, the rest of them soon falling line.

"What do you know of that name?"

"As the harbinger... A lot."

The pack leader shuffled and clipped a talon from one of his fingers, handing the curved nail. Placing it in his pocket Lucian silently thanked the pack leader before turning away.

"I pray you do know what you're doing harbinger. You could cause more destruction than you'd like."  

"For both of us, I pray not."

Lucian walked out of the forest and towards the next location on the map, closest was the house of the daemon. A true half-blood. The unholy union of the sinning human and the demon from the abyss. Lucian jumped out into the night preparing for the upcoming chaos.

Landing in front of a hidden cabin in the woods, Lucian could feel the impending doom, that seemed to linger in the air. But though whether it was from the actual daemon on the inside or a possible visit from said daemon's demon parent it was hard to say. The home seemed to be calm like any other and almost inviting with the warm lights on the inside. As Lucian strolled forward, he tried to think of some possible way to go about asking someone for their blood. Maybe I could just be straight up, go in with complete honesty. Or...

The door to the cabin swung open wide as an imposing-looking woman stood in the doorway, she seemed to know he was approaching. There was no way that he was prepared for her to engage but she seemed to be aware.

Speech

#4Lucian V. Crimson 

Breaking The Habit: {Quest}{Lucian} Empty Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:31 am

Lucian V. Crimson
"State you business or leave. And don't lie. I know lies very well."

Lucian sighed and facepalmed...Well here goes the truth.

"I need some of your blood as the baseline in this ritual to restore a haunted vampire back to his human self. I only ask for a small amount."

The woman seemed to sit at the door for a while and then she returned inside. As she closed the door, Lucian thought about his options. I can't attack her, I am guild mage and despite her parentage, there was no way to condone the attack. Or I could-

The door swung open again, but this time a small silver vial filled with black and crimson tinged liquid landed in his hands. Looking up the woman seemed to stare at him with a hardened expression but it seemed to be softer to an extent.

"Tell Alistair, I hope for his sake this goes well."

Closing the door behind her, Lucian placed the vial in his pack. So that was easier than I thought, well then I guess we can go ahead and prepare to visit with the vampire. Maybe they will give me the tooth like I have been given everything else. But then again. It is never that easy, is it?

Lucian opened up the map and looked at it for the location of the vampire, and from the looks of it, he was looking for a castle on a cliffside. Turning in the direction of the castle, he jumped out into the night. Coming towards the castle, Lucian looked up to the desolate stone stronghold. It seemed to be empty and abandoned. But the smell of the undead permeated through the structure, and there was no way he wasn't going to turn back without getting this tooth. Especially after all the shenanigans, he had experienced this evening.

Walking through the crush entranceway, Lucian walked into a central room of sorts, sitting in the middle in some sort of ordained armor was a vampire on a throne, his pale skin appeared in the night like an unholy night light. Lucian slid his pack from his back, he knew exactly what was going to happen. This was going to be a battle. He was going to have to extract this tooth on his own.

"I suggest you leave here, Creature before I feed on your corpse. "

The vampire stared at him from the throne and held the hilt of his large greatsword in his hand.

"I can't. I have been contracted to get a tooth from your mouth. And unfortunately, I don't go back on a contract."

Lucian transformed into his half-werewolf form, he knew magic was going to help power him through this fight. Rising from the throne, the vampire knight raised his greatsword and placed it along his shoulders

Lucian crouched into his stance and stalked towards the warrior, the two of them circled one another. The vampire led first, swinging his blade in a wide horizontal arc that whizzed right in front of Lucian. Lucian leaned backward, the distance created in the dodge had caused him to be unable to counterattack. Circling one another again, Lucian seemed to watch for another attack. Throwing his sword, the weapon flew over Lucian's ahead, as he went to attack, the vampire knight met him in his movement and shoulder tackled him. Grabbing hold of the metal, Lucian propped himself up and pushed off the knight. As he went into the air, Lucian came down with a violent ax kick. The maneuver smacked the knight in his head, as the blow knocked him to the ground. Rolling away, Lucian reestablished the distance between them. The vampire knight circled and around and grabbed his sword from the wall. The combatants circled around one another again and prepared for the last pass.

Walking around, the knight walked over and took his sword from his back, swinging downward with a savage strike, the weapon cracked into the ground. Dodging to the left, Lucian rushed forward and gathered the annihilation magic into his arms. Leaning forward he struck with both palms of his hands, the fire and electrical energy rushed through the body of the vampire. Slumping forward, Lucian caught him by the helmet and crushed his helmet, the mouth of the knight opened up as teeth started to appear. Reaching forward Lucian pulled a back tooth from the knight and clasped it in his hand. Letting the vampire knight fall, Lucian walked away placing the tooth in his pack along with the other items.

Returning to the tavern, Lucian handed the pack to the vampire, nodding in agreement. Alistair took them and noticed the contents. Handing Lucian his payment and the empty pack back, Alistair spoke too quickly.

"I will come get you for the ceremony. I feel like you deserve to see the fruits of your labor."

"Will do. Prayers it all goes well."

The two individuals walked away preparing for the fated meeting they would have later.

837/300
TWC:2195/1000

Speech

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum