Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Community Outreach [Quest]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Mary Wraith 

Community Outreach [Quest] Empty Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:58 am

Mary Wraith
Nervous voices whispered about a ghost in the Kardia Cathedral, a restless spirit of someone who died from a terrible disease. Now it haunted the halls, creeping among those who suffered from the same illness. They said anyone who met her gaze would soon die too. ...And it only now occurred to Mary that she had completely misread the quest board. Her quizzical stare slowly shifted between the suffering souls and a basket of medicine. Oh, so she was here to help people cling to life instead of gently guiding them to the other side. The disappointment was painfully clear in her hollow stare. Of course she didn’t judge those who preferred living, but... She had just gotten her hopes up.

However, there were two things stopping the ghastly mage from abandoning the quest completely. One, it would’ve been very rude. Her anxiety couldn’t take it. Two, the quest giver was a handsome, young priest. He had been talking for a while now, but the words had just flowed through her ears like a beautiful song. “...So here is the medicine basket. Any questions, miss?” She blinked. Faster than her thoughts could catch up, her lips blurted out what her heart desired. “A-are you single...?” The priest offered a gentle, apologetic smile. “I’m afraid I am sworn to my duty.” A rosy blush painted the pale woman’s cheek. “Ah... O-of course. A man of faith, yes.” She understood it well.

Quickly Mary snatched the basket and hurried away. Literally anywhere else sounded good right about now. After hastily hurrying all the way to the other end of the cathedral, she finally managed to get a grip. Sooo she just misunderstood the quest and embarrassed herself in front of the client... It was fine, everything was juuust fine... Itwasnotfine. Before the nervous wreck could sink into the swirling despair, a weak cough interrupted her thoughts. She peeked into one of the rooms to find beds side by side. Pale people, young and old, were laying lifeless. None of them had the energy to even look at the ghoulish creature looming at the edge of their vision, much less talk to it. She looked down at her basket. Right. This she could handle.

One after another, the meticulous mage distributed doses. Just a sip... So everyone could have one. A young child stirred weakly, his eyes widening at the eerie shadow above him. Even fear had left his frail body by now. “Are you... a ghost...?” The quiet question was met with a wistful sigh. “I wish I were.” An awkward pause plopped on top of the solemn atmosphere. The child stared blankly. “...What?” Mary stared back. “What?” Before either question could be answered, the young soul dozed off again. He was breathing a little easier now.

Soon, the basket was empty and the ghoulish nurse returned to the priest. He welcomed her with a smile and offered one more bottle. “Here, I saved one for you. Please take it, so you don't get sick as well.” The comment stirred something in the woman. Raising her gaze from the floor, she leaned a little closer. “It’s... contagious?” Her question was met with a solemn nod. “I’m afraid so. You might even die.” She leaned even closer. Her eyes twinkled with unnerving amounts of hope. “Truly?” To die here would mean she would get to spend her final moments in the arms of a handsome young man and haunt his Cathedral for all of eternity. The priest leaned back, considering his words carefully. “...Uh, please stop getting excited and take your medicine.” Reluctantly the eerie specter followed the plea and accepted her payment. It would’ve been rude not to... But one day she would find her final resting place.

Words: 626 | 500

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum