Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cult Spy [Quest | Kaiser]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Odin † 

Cult Spy [Quest | Kaiser] Empty Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:41 am

Odin †

It was finally time for Lucas to do a quest for the guild. He had completed some minor ones previously, but this was his first high ranked mission, now that he was deemed 'strong enough'. Odin, on the other hand, hated the entire concept of what he was about to do. Helping people was just not something he cared to do, since everyone hated him for being a Lich. The fact that he was also a terrorist may have had something to do with it, but this was not the time to ponder such things.

Dressed in all his finery, and wielding his new weapon for the first time, Lucas approached the man who had put out the notice for assistance. Guard Captain Devon, a man whom Lucas had interacted with briefly over the past year. The man's job had skyrocketed over the past year, with the Rune Knight having disbanded and people like Devon taking over complete defence of Magnolia, other than the guild itself.

"Good morning Captain. Beautiful weather we're having, isn't it?"

Devon had never quite liked Lucas, he had always felt there was something off about him. He was spot on of course, but no chance was the Fairy Tail mage about to let him know that. "Ah Lucas, they sent you? Well, hopefully your teammate will be able to keep their eyes on you." A teammate? Now that could make today a lot more interesting.

#2Kaiser 

Cult Spy [Quest | Kaiser] Empty Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:05 am

Kaiser

Kaiser was beginning to receive the recognition of some important figures in Magnolia. Apparently there was a cult forming in the city and she was summoned by the Guard Captain who went by ‘Devon’. She always thought that was a name more suited for a place than a person. Pabu was up earlier than herself that morning, and bothered the fuck out of her so the vampire could not sleep any longer. She wasn’t mad, however, because if Pabu hadn’t done so, she would’ve been later than she already was to the appointment to meet with the client of today’s job.

After quickly getting ready, dressing herself in her usual outfit and downing a cup of coffee, the vampire swiftly departed her villa. She had no choice but to take a carriage. Flying to the destination was an option, but she didn’t want to give the civilians a scare, because there was nobody flying in the sky at the moment other than if you counted birds. When she arrived at the spot where the meeting was supposed to happen, she noticed that someone else other than her client was there and who else but...Odin?

“Ah, there she is,” said the Guard Captain.

“Who’s that old man?” asked Pabu into Kaiser’s ear while sitting on her shoulder.

“An old friend...” muttered the vampire, just loud enough for the ferret to hear. Her eyes twinkled with amusement as she approached the two. “Hello,” she said, looking once at Devon to acknowledge his present, then averting her gaze back to the disguised man with a knowing smile.

[ 265 / 1,500 ]

Cult Spy [Quest | Kaiser] Sigbys10

m a t r i a r c h y
#3Odin † 

Cult Spy [Quest | Kaiser] Empty Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:40 am

Odin †

"There she is."

Turning to face his companion on this quest, Odin was greeted by one of the most beautiful beings he had ever had the pleasure of laying his eyes upon. His eyes were a stunning colour, but they were also the eyes of someone that could ruin Odin. Vampires, they would no doubt prove to be the bane of his new existence, just as Nephilim had once caused him countless headaches in the past. Their eyes had the ability to see through the illusion caused by Odin's ring, meaning they could see the Lich hidden beneath the flesh. And Kaiser was even scarier on top of that. She was a guild master, just like Kon now, which meant she had influence over a great deal of people. Odin needed to play this one carefully.

"Ah, hello madam. It is a pleasure to see you again. Congratulations on your new station, although it's likely you've forgotten my name due to how busy your life has been." This would make it easiest for Odin to maintain his guise of a light mage, as he took a deep bow, with one hand across his body resting on his shoulder, "I am Lucas Wright, Miss Bo." A slight wink came from Lucas, as he called Kaiser by the name she had suggested he call her in bed. Devon wouldn't notice, he was too preoccupied with the fact he was in the presence of a guild master.

Eventually he'd compose himself before addressing the two, "Ahem, now that you have both gathered, I will explain the mission. I believe it is one that you two are more than qualified to handle. Over the past few weeks, my troops have picked up on some rumours that a cult is forming within our great city. I don't have the manpower to waste investigating rumours, but this is serious enough that I want you to find out the truth to it. Ask the people of Magnolia, perhaps someone will be able to help you, but get me some proof."

Lucas had to stifle a chuckle, which got him a glare from Devon, as he heard about the request. While the captain assumed the mage was laughing due to their guard's lack of manpower, instead it was the concept of a cult which amused the Lich.

After all, they were his speciality.

#4Kaiser 

Cult Spy [Quest | Kaiser] Empty Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:07 am

Kaiser

As Odin plunged into a deep bow, Kaiser wondered what his motives would be to join a light guild. She knew that he wasn’t the type of person to follow such silly ideologies, so there had to be an ulterior motive, proven further by the fact that he was pretending to be someone that he was not. Or maybe the Odin she knew was the person this ‘Lucas Wright’ entity was pretending to be. It was a little bit confusing, but after the way he addressed her and catching the wink that caused both Kaiser’s eyebrows to raise and her smile to widen, she was inclined to believe it was the former.

“You know my name, huh? That’s cute, it makes me feel important. It’s a pleasure to meet you, Lucas,” she said, licking her lips. Of course after introductions were out of the way, it was time for the Guard Captain to talk about the job that he was requesting their help for. He launched into explaining the objectives of the job, as well as mentioning the fact that the reason he was asking for their assistance was due to the lack of manpower on his side. “That’s a shame, but leave it to us,” said the vampire in a sweet tone. It was funny how Devon had unknowingly brought them together to do a job that involved a cult. A lich and a vampire...nothing could go wrong, right?

The Guard Captain left the two of them after informing them of their reward for completing this request, to do his other duties. Once he was out of sight and no one was in range of hearing what she would say, the vampire smirked at him and spoke, just loud enough for Odin to hear. “What are you up to?”

[ 565 / 1,500 ]

m a t r i a r c h y
#5Odin † 

Cult Spy [Quest | Kaiser] Empty Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:56 am

Odin †

Kaiser responded to the captain, assuring him that they would both deal with it without issue, and allowing him to leave and attend to his other duties. As he departed, Lucas realised how alone the two of them were. There were a few people nearby, of course, but none that could hear what it was that Kaiser wished to say. The question was expected, as the last time the two had met they had broken into Mercurius, the royal palace situated in the capital of Fiore: Crocus. Going from that to a gentleman light mage was quite a jump. Honestly, Odin felt that the worst part was the fact that he had to lie about his strength, currently posing as a lowly B rank mage in the guild, not too weak but nothing outlandish.

"Oh, nothing much. Just moving with the seasons."

Naturally, Odin couldn't tell Kaiser the true reason he had infiltrated the guild: that he was on a mission from HER, his goddess. As it stood, it was best that Kaiser know Odin was working under the guise of Lucas, but not exactly why. That would make it easier for everyone.

"Well, shall we? Let's go hunt down a cult."

#6Kaiser 

Cult Spy [Quest | Kaiser] Empty Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:58 am

Kaiser

“Oh, a secret...you know that makes me want to find out more,” teased the vampire. It was true though. If someone was keeping information from her and she knew that they were doing so, she could not help but think that the secret involved her somehow. Of course it was definitely not the case in this situation, but her curiosity couldn’t be helped. The vampire decided to ignore it for now and focus on the job at hand. “Alright, let’s go. This is Pabu, by the way,” she said in response to him talking about hunting down a cult and introducing her little pet. She knew that there was no chance of failure for them doing this job, and so they would begin their mission to find out about the cult. Most of the people they questioned didn’t know anything about cults. They either didn’t know about it, or were pretending not to. In any case, they were useless to Kaiser. Some even dismissed them as if talking about cults was taboo or something. Pabu judged each and every one of those people.

After getting dismissed by some people, Kaiser was of course a little disappointed, but the fourth person that they asked actually questioned them back, about their interests in a cult, and of course she played along, talking about how they were interested in joining it. They had found their way to get the reward for this request. Being the cunning person she was, Kaiser was able to convince the person who then told her and Odin to come back later to a store at night, to which Kaiser agreed. Once the guy was out of sight, she turned to the lich and said, “So, what do you think we should do for now?” She bit her bottom lip and laced her fingers behind her back as she waited for his response.

[ 880 / 1,500 ]

m a t r i a r c h y
#7Odin † 

Cult Spy [Quest | Kaiser] Empty Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:19 pm

Odin †

Odin knew that Kaiser would inevitably prove a concern. She had the sight to see through his illusion, meaning he would never be able to hide from her, but also she had the influence that meant she could reveal him to the world and it would be believed. Odin had to keep her on his side, and keep her an ally. Luckily, they were both already friendly towards each other. For now, at least, it seemed she wouldn't press for more information, instead choosing to focus on what they were there for: the mission. She introduced her companion to Lucas, a strange little creature known as Pabu. The Fairy Tail mage would raise a hand and wave at the small being, "Pleasure to meet you, Pabu." And then they set off.

They asked some of the few people out on the streets, with three of them being useless, dismissing their queries as hearsay or nonsense. It was the fourth person, however, that gave them the information they desired. Perhaps it wasn't enough of a confirmation, but they would return in the evening to find out everything that this person could tell them. It seemed that the two mages, a vampire and a lich, were going to join a cult this evening. Quite an interesting change of pace for the two. As Kaiser tried to think of what they could do to pass the time, Lucas slyly replied, "Oh, Miss Bo, I would never be so bold as to suggest knowing what could please you. I am simply here to serve."

Wink.

#8Kaiser 

Cult Spy [Quest | Kaiser] Empty Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:06 pm

Kaiser

Pabu simply gave Odin a onceover and never spoke a word again. She noticed from the way they spoke to each other that they didn't sound like they were just ‘friends’, but she would only question this weird relationship later when Odin was no longer around. Now that they had found the key to the success of this mission, they had time to kill until the arranged meeting would happen. The vampire giggled after hearing what her job partner said. He had a way with words and this always brought a giggle out of the undead. Most of the men she met before were just intimidated by her and everything they say either turned out to be forced or just hopelessly pathetic to her. She enjoyed the time she spent with Odin, even though he looked like he could be her grandfather sometimes, and at other times he looked like what her grandfather would probably look like in the grave. There was no in between. It was a plus, though, that he looked hot even as an old man.

“I’ll let you figure it out for yourself. But if you haven’t by the next time we meet, I’ll show you how you can please me,” she winked back. From what she said, it could be implied that she was hoping to for a second meeting, though she wasn’t really pushing it since she hadn’t found out about his reason for being in Fairy Tail. Kaiser didn’t want to disrupt his plans or whatever it was that he was doing there. For the time being they would be walking around, just catching up on each other’s lives since they hadn’t met for a whole year. Once it was time, they would go to the arranged location to carry out the rest of the mission.

[ 1,183 / 1,500 ]

m a t r i a r c h y
#9Odin † 

Cult Spy [Quest | Kaiser] Empty Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:36 am

Odin †

Kaiser teased Lucas for his response, giggling at his words as she gave her own reply. Odin enjoyed the flirtatious banter that the two shared, and the Lich was looking forward to his next meeting with the guild mistress. Depending on where they met, all sorts of things could occur. The spent the rest of their time catching the other up on their lives. Lucas hadn't gone into much more detail, just saying that he was now on a mission, and that had brought him to Fairy Tail. Kaiser didn't need to know the entire truth, and being a follower of HER still caused prejudice from all of Fiore.

Once night fell, the two made their way to store they had been directed to. Lucas walked up to the unassuming front door, knocking once before uttering the password they had been given. He didn't bother waiting for any indication that someone was present on the other side of the door. "Illucifan Nagar." It seemed that someone was listening though, as the door opened quickly after, with the two mages being ushered into the shop. The password caused Odin to smile, although Lucas managed to stop it reaching the surface. It was clearly a reference to Lucifer, a demon that Odin knew well, even if they hadn't seen each other in many years.

The man who answered the door led Lucas and Kaiser through to a backroom, and down a tunnel. It was very secretive, with no one saying anything during the entire walk. Eventually, they would reach something that looked like a shrine. A cavern that had been outfitted to suit the needs of the cultists that gathered around it. A man, the one who was clearly in charge by his robes, approached the two mages, and began asking questions. The same questions that had been asked of them before.

"So, you both wish to join our order?"

"Yes, we are both eager to serve our Lord."

"What do you have to offer us?"

"We offer our abilities, which I assure you are of a calibre that you will find desirable, sir."

"Hmm..." The man ended their conversation then, walking back towards the shrine and doing something that looked like praying. There was no way for Lucas to know if anyone answered but, if Lucifer was there, Odin wouldn't have been surprised if he had replied.

"SPIES! MY FOLLOWERS, GET THEM!"

Wasting no time, Lucas would grab Kaiser's hand and begin running, letting go of her once she also began running. While it was obvious that the two could easily beat these cultists, the chances of the cavern caving in on them was relatively high, and it wasn't worth that risk. They would run back out of the shop, eventually losing the cultists through the alleyways in Magnolia, before finding Guard Captain Devon and receiving their rewards. Looking at Kaiser once more before he left, Lucas would wink for the final time, "I look forward to our next encounter, Kaiser."

-Exit-

1500/1500

#10Kaiser 

Cult Spy [Quest | Kaiser] Empty Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:18 am

Kaiser

As they caught up on each others’ lives, Kaiser also mentioned how she had founded a guild with a few of the people she would call her ‘friends’ now. Odin didn’t reveal much, other than the fact that he was on mission and that had led him to Fairy Tail. It seemed like he was reluctant to go into detail about that so she didn’t ask further. Once it was nighttime, the two of them went to the location where the cult’s little hideout was supposed to be and Odin said the password. The door opened for them and Kaiser raised her eyebrows. That was fast. Pabu didn’t speak a word because she was kind of bothered by cults and shit. After going along with Kaiser on missions for a while though, she would start to get used to it. The vampire did not need to do much since Odin did most of the talking and she just followed him. The cultists would see her for the vampire she was though, since it was clear to see in her eyes. They got into the hideout and Kaiser observed the location while her partner did the talking.

After some time, they finally realised that Odin and Kaiser were spies and started to try and chase them. While the two of them could easily wipe them out, the location made it a bad idea to do so, and so they just tried to get away from them. Odin grabbing her hand to run made her cheeks flush slightly. It was barely noticeable though. Pabu held onto Kaiser for dear life as they tried to get away from the stupid cultists. Once they lost them, they would stop to catch their breath. “That was wild,” she would say. Pabu grumbled and furiously tried to brush out some debris that stuck to her fur with her nails. After that they would meet up with the Guard Captain to confirm the things they had seen and get their reward for doing the job. The client was pretty satisfied since his suspicions turned out to be real. They were rewarded fully and a little extra was found by Pabu when Devon left. He seemed to have dropped some coins while he was paying them. Odin then said that he looked forward to their next encounter, and the vampire replied with a smile on her face. “Likewise.”

[ 1,583 / 1,500 ]

[ EXIT ]

m a t r i a r c h y

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum