Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Off-Hand Equipment Question

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Fleur 

Off-Hand Equipment Question Empty Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:50 pm

Fleur
I hope it's no bother to have asked this here rather than the Discord -- I got an answer from a moderator via Discord but it seemed to have differed from what I  speculated, particularly with Finn's recent purchase.

I do understand that off-hand is a unique perk for Adventurers.

The general question is: What's the ruling on two two-handed weapons in regards to off-hand users?

Finn does not yet have enough STR to wield Durendal with one hand, but he was allowed to purchase it. Does that mean that so long as I have the money and open slot, I could purchase another weapon?

How does off-hand work when Finn's situation comes into play? If he were to enter a fight and wished to use Durendal, would he have to drop the Finn Sword or could he sheathe it? If that were the case, could someone else pick up the Finn Sword and use it in that same thread?

Lastly, are there any requirements to off-hand? For example, do I have to be a specific rank to unlock it or can I just purchase another weapon?

Hopefully my mumbo jumbo didn't confuse those who try to help. Thank you in advance!

Off-Hand Equipment Question 6oCP3PU
click signature for character sheet
#2Venus Rosé 

Off-Hand Equipment Question Empty Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:56 pm

Venus Rosé

In Finn's case, since he doesn't have enough STR, the weapon would require him to use both hands to wield it. Unless he has enough STR to one-hand the weapon, he cannot use two weapons at the same time.

#3Fleur 

Off-Hand Equipment Question Empty Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:59 pm

Fleur
If I'm not stupid, so long as he wishes to use Durendal, he can't be holding the Finn Sword.

If that's the case, could one still have the weapon they can wield (Finn Sword) on their body, just not in their hands? A sheathed sword at the hip or across the back, for example.

Off-Hand Equipment Question 6oCP3PU
click signature for character sheet
#4Venus Rosé 

Off-Hand Equipment Question Empty Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:01 pm

Venus Rosé

Yes, it would work like that.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum