Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Knockback

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Evictus 

Knockback Empty Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:34 am

Evictus
How does it work?

I mean if someone gets smacked by a boulder wouldnt they be knocked back?

Where are the rules for how far a spell can knock someone back?

Knockback Tumblr_nf7adp7LZy1rd98kro1_500
#2Faust Noire 

Knockback Empty Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:46 am

Faust Noire
There are no rules as far as knockback goes, but that isn't to say it isn't a thing.

So far, knockbacks have been determined in two scenarios: determined by the one dishing out the knockback or determined by the one receiving it. There has not been an in-between.

In my event thread right now, I executed I combo meant to kill someone so I didn't state a knockback. Because Snowflake noticed it, comprehended it, and changed the situation, she ended up blocking the attack instead with her hand and stopped the rest of the combo. In that situation, she was in charge of deciding whether or not there was a knockback effect and how far would it go if she did get knocked back.

If we were to turn the situation around and make it so that I wanted to purposely knock her back, most people would state their own logical numbers in their post. For example, if I shoot a blunt spell at you of A-Rank rank and you're taken by surprise, then obviously I could move you back (at least) 5 meters, if not more.

All in all, both scenarios rely on those being knocked back/dishing out the damage to be smart about the numbers. As far as logic is applied, there's no limit to how far you could push someone back. Obviously there's limits when it comes to stupid things, such a piercing spell knocking you back. Maybe you'd take a step back from a piercing spell, but not a whole 2 meters, much less 5.

Knockback URfIrNm
#3Venus Rosé 

Knockback Empty Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:58 am

Venus Rosé

This line of questioning has been resolved.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum