Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Beginning of the End: An Announcement!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Perfect Cell 

Beginning of the End: An Announcement! Empty Fri May 12, 2017 10:45 am

Perfect Cell
The day was just like any other, and all across Fiore people were enjoying it in their own way. By now, word of a green beast terrorizing the country was public knowledge. The Rune Knights had attempted to hide the knowledge of his existence, but there was only so much they could hide without silencing him. The people of towns like Nanuq and Oak sat in baited curiosity, wondering whether or not they would soon be targeted. The citizens of Crocus, pampered and protected as they were, had begun murmurs of fear. This beast was last spotted in Era, only one town over. Certainly, they could be next on his list?

Meanwhile, the towns that had already suffered blows were reeling from the devastation. Marigold had not yet recovered, half of their farming population and countless citizens missing, now confirmed dead. Hargeon suffered a population drop of one fifth of their citizens, the 8-Island restaurant only just recently repaired and yet still not reopened. Magnolia had gotten a brief pass over, their mages and citizens more bruised than broken. Now, in Era, the people had no idea whether or not the creation was still in their midst. Guards found themselves jumping at every sound, citizens avoiding the streets as much as possible.

The crater had been corded off, but otherwise left alone. The rumors had already spread through the town, calling him by the name he claimed at the end of his ballad.

"Cell."

While there was fear uniting everyone in their solitude, there was one thing keeping them all in the know. The communications lacrimas blasting updates over loudspeakers, in bars, and from within homes. Everyone wanted to know where this monster was and what it was doing. These updates, grim as they were, had been maintaining public order. One of those updates had currently been blasting through, informing a vast majority of the population of Fiore.

"It is still unsure whether or not the creature, going by the code Cell, is within Era. Latest sightings place him at-" The sound was cut off, an explosion heard in the background followed by a short spread of static. As suddenly as it began, the static ended and silence remained. People sat on baited breath, wondering whether or not something had happened. Others assumed it was simply a problem at the station. The lacrima was owned by the Rune Knights, certainly they could not be bested by some beast?

"The following contains violence, coarse language, and adult situations not suitable for minors. Listener discretion is advised!" The voice was deep, baritone and smooth. It brought a sigh of relief and  rose eyebrows in curiosity as to who the sudden change in voice was.

In the government halls, and homes of all those who were wealthy enough to possess it, emergency image lacrimas turned on. They revealed a green man, not beast, sitting in the chair of the broadcast station. Blood and shreds of clothing littered the wall and desk, shards of the wall scattered throughout the room.

"Ladies, gentlemen, boys, and girls and that technicolor rainbow in between; I am Cell. You may remember me from the following towns!" With that, a recording of the previous announcer's voice was played. It listed out the towns that Cell had previously been in, ending in Era itself. "Of course, if you lived in those cities there is a pretty impressive chance that you have been liquidated, drank and added to my biomass! Hell, with a few exceptions there might have been some fisticuffs thrown back and forth!" His voice rasped at the end, carrying with it a tone of sarcasm and amusement at the end of his sentence.

"But that's not what I'm here to talk about today! Today, I am making an announcement!" There was emphasis on the words, as if he was spreading exciting news rather than a grim declaration. "I will be leaving Fiore forever."

A mixture of relief, confusion, disbelief, suspicion, and fear flooded into the listeners and viewers alike. Such a word from the monster brought different emotions, depending on the mental and emotional state of the listener. The one thing they all truly knew was that this announcement was not yet done.

"After I blow it up!"

His words carried a sort of chipper feel that almost made what he said hard to process. "Unless..." With only the slightest of pause, a thoughtful inhale could be heard over the intercoms that sounded like someone succeeding with their first crush. "One of your countries," a scoff as he continued, "champions can best me in combat!"

"I am officially hosting a once in your lifetime event! A tournament so grand it will leave you breathless. I hereby dub it- The Cell Games!"

"Throw out anything you know about your adorable little Martial Arts tournament. This display of might and magic will be unlike anything you've ever experienced before!" His voice was rising in tempo, carrying with it an excitement that only inspired more fear of all those who listened.

"Bring your weapons, wear your armours, and harness your magics. Hell, bring those freaky companions you all enslave for all I care. You can come at me one at a time, or all at once. So long as you provide me entertainment, I will postpone the destruction of your towns and people." His tone was sauntering, making its way through his post in no real rush.

"There will be no ring outs. There will be no redo's. You will all come with everything you have and succeed, or you will fail. And lets be honest as a sign of good faith, you will probably fail." It felt as if the announcement was ending, but Cell was not the type to let it fall short of memorable.

"The tournament will be set within the Sieghart Mountains, in an arena of my creation at its base. You all may come, and you all may fight. But should you fail, well..." A large explosion was heard in the lacrimas. For those who could see, the image of a blast firing from his hand into a nearby building was seen. The blast, wherever it hit inside, caused for the decimation and collapse of that building. "For those of you quaking in fear at home, hoping some brave hero will step up to the challenge, feel free to pray to your God. But, spoiler alert, I won't be listening." With laughter erupting from his mouth, Cell stood and turned away from the camera, raising off the ground and flying through the hole he had made, off towards the west.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum