Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Infamy and fame sticking with you?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Erebus2 

Infamy and fame sticking with you? Empty Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:18 am

Erebus2

In regards to guildless mages and mages who want to switch side I think they should be able, or rather forced, to keep whatever infamy or fame they had going in.

If you do bad things, people can't just pretend that never happened. However, you can work hard to surpass your infamy with righteousness. Likewise, if a valiant hero turns bad he should be able to use his fame to rally people up or something and slaughter if he so chooses just because that's where he wants to go as a character.

That my friends, is good plot. but the current rules break that scenario from ever occurring.

For guildless mages I think they should be able to build either fame or infamy at the same time and therefore if they have high in both calibers it'll open 'real' neutral doors story-wise. It makes more sense to double-lap fame and infamy than to take it away and deprive someone of fame or infamy in general. Because currently, losing it instead of building it keeps Guildless mages from achieving a big name in the world unless they go one way or another.

If you ask me, I think this should be acknowledged to some degree as I was pondering it myself and just found it better for story and system continuity all together. What if you're S-rank with only 400 fame because you did all bad and good jobs and instead of growing off it you had to clear your name and didn't get anything back?? As we all know, you can't take quests you already took. Therefore, this is breaking the fame system if you ever wish to switch sides. Or breaking the mission system if you ever wish to go Green Ranger to White Ranger lmao.

Infamy and fame sticking with you? 5oJEfCBQ_o
#2Celeste Vagarosa 

Infamy and fame sticking with you? Empty Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:35 pm

Celeste Vagarosa
Agree'd, plus by S-Rank you'd surely be known so were does that recognition go?

#3Arthur J. Sokolov 

Infamy and fame sticking with you? Empty Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:01 pm

Arthur J. Sokolov
Yes this please. That is the exact way I want to go with this character, keeping the bad but trying to overcome it with good.

Infamy and fame sticking with you? Untitl16
#4Naga 

Infamy and fame sticking with you? Empty Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:15 am

Naga
Hello,

I believe this is already the case. Fame is determined by Fame minus Infamy, while Infamy is determined by Infamy minus Fame. A mage in Fairy Tail however can't obtain Infamy via quests (maybe via other methods) and therefore will have a high amount of Fame even after deduction of possible Infamy obtained elsewhere.

This means that when a Guildless mage enters Fairy Tail and they have 3000 Fame and 2000 Infamy, they will keep both values. It doesn't change. They just won't be able to get Infamy via quests anymore. In short: the fact that mages in Fairy Tail can't obtain Infamy via quests doesn't mean the Infamy value does not exist for them. The calculation for Fame and Infamy shows that.

#5Erebus2 

Infamy and fame sticking with you? Empty Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:22 am

Erebus2

My case was that what if an endgame villain with 6000+ infamy turns good, they can't get fame anymore? Because wouldn't it imply that the infamy only dwindles and they never get fame from their good deeds? They just slowly become less and less known about anymore?

#6Naga 

Infamy and fame sticking with you? Empty Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:33 am

Naga
It depends, sometimes Fame is required and sometimes Infamy is required for something. I'm not quite sure what you're saying in your post though.

#7Erebus2 

Infamy and fame sticking with you? Empty Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:42 am

Erebus2

Shouldn't a person be able to stack both, not take away from the other if they switch sides. What I'm implying is it kinda makes no sense to deduct whereas they should just retain both, no?

#8Naga 

Infamy and fame sticking with you? Empty Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:46 am

Naga
You do keep both but your Fame is Fame minus Infamy because the bad deeds you've done take away from the good deeds you have done, and your Infamy is Infamy minus Fame because they good deeds you've done take away from the bad deeds you've done.

#9Erebus2 

Infamy and fame sticking with you? Empty Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:52 am

Erebus2

I think I get it now. Understood then.

#10Faust Noire 

Infamy and fame sticking with you? Empty Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:20 am

Faust Noire

This topic has been answered and locked.

Infamy and fame sticking with you? URfIrNm

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum