Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Memory of the Past [Luna]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Rowan Vincent 

A Memory of the Past [Luna] Empty Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:59 pm

Rowan Vincent
Rowan placed a stalk of reed into his mouth as opposed to his normal cigarette. Smoking while fishing tended to unhinge his concentration, though it never seemed to affect his other actions. The thought crossed his mind that it might have been more of subconscious effect, but he didn't let that bother him for long. With his line cast into the river and a bottle of cherry soda nearby, Rowan felt quite at peace. It had been many years since had enjoyed the simplicity of such an activity. His travels as a young man had taken him far and wide from Era to Crocus and beyond. With those memories came fondness and regret, but it was always the latter that stuck with him. Rowan hated to think about what kind of person he had become after he left his village, but he felt obligated to recall it so as not to forget.

Trying to shake off the darkening of his mood, he took a sip of his soda with one hand while holding onto his fishing pole with the other. No bites had caught his attention since he had begun that morning, but the blonde did remember how his father had always preached patience when it came to the fine art of fishing. As he set down his bottle Rowan smiled. He missed his family.

A Memory of the Past [Luna] KvtGhgg
#2Luna Nightshade 

A Memory of the Past [Luna] Empty Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:48 pm

Luna Nightshade
Luna Nightshade
Magician
Of water

Luna walked along the riverbed, wearing a pale blue turtleneck sweater, beige miniskirt with black thick stockings and black ankle boots. It was pretty cold out, but the sun was shining in the sky, so it gave the chilly winter air, a bit of warmth.

As she walked, she noticed someone straight ahead of her, who seemed to be fishing. She was somewhat curious as to whether they could even catch anything in this weather. Out of sheer curiosity, Luna decided to approach them. As she got closer, she noticed it was a blonde hair man. Luna thought it to be rude to not say anything, so, when she got closer, she greeted him. "Hello there. Are you able to catch anything?"
TAG: @Rowan Vincent | WORDS: 122 | NOTES: N/A
MEL @ ADOXOGRAPHY

A Memory of the Past [Luna] Luna_sig
#3Rowan Vincent 

A Memory of the Past [Luna] Empty Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:30 pm

Rowan Vincent
Rowan gave a slight tug on his line before planting the rod in the dirt. Picking up his soda, he took another sip before burying the bottle back in the ice bucket he had brought it in. He was well dressed that day, a nice pair of khaki pants and a fine, blue button up with short sleeves. Certainly not his best attire, but well fitting for the situation. His shoes were the most important. A pair of simple, leather shoes he had been given for his eighteenth birthday by his parents. It was all they could afford that year, but after the time Rowan had spent getting accustom with the painful realities of the high and mighty, they were the best gift he had ever received.

A voice caught his ear, and he turned to see a familiar face approaching. He gave a polite wave and a welcoming smile as Luna approached. "Not a bite yet, Lady Luna," He replied. "But I'm sure something will come along soon enough. One need only be patient." He looked to his line for emphasis, but found it still had yet to move. His smile did not falter, however, for now he had some company. "Would you care to join me? I know it's only been a short while since we met in the guild hall, but I always appreciate the company of a friend and fellow guild member." To make his point he grabbed a second soda from his ice bucket and held it out to the young woman. Rowan didn't know much about her, but he was willing to spend some time learning.

#4Luna Nightshade 

A Memory of the Past [Luna] Empty Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:50 pm

Luna Nightshade
Luna Nightshade
Magician
Of water

The blonde haired man happened to be her guild mate, Rowan Vincent whom Luna had just met the other day for the first time in their guild hall. He was very well-mannered which Luna liked. He offered to let Luna join him. Seeing as she had nothing better to do, she decided to take him up on his kind offer. "Sure, I'll join you, thanks for the offer. Its very nice of you." She said with a kind smile. Luna crouched down. Due to her wearing a mini skirt, she couldn't bring herself to sit on the ground.

"So, Rowan, how long have you been in the guild for? I only joined half a year ago and haven't met many of the people in the guild yet." She asked him. Luna was genuinely curious about her fellow guild mates, and seeing as one was next to her, she felt it would be good to ask some questions.

TAG: @Rowan Vincent | WORDS: 157 | NOTES: N/A
MEL @ ADOXOGRAPHY

#5Rowan Vincent 

A Memory of the Past [Luna] Empty Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:05 am

Rowan Vincent
Rowan passed off the soda to Luna as she knelt down beside him. He turned his attention back to the rod as the lure bobbed up and down in the gentle caress of the river. His mind, however, was more attentive to the conversation he was looking to hold with his new friend. "Well, I've only recently acquired membership in the guild. I believe it was only two months ago now, maybe just a bit longer." He paused to take another sip from his soda. "When I was younger I wasn't aware of my talents for magic, as few as they may be. I spent much of my youth gallivanting around the cities of the land." His smiled fell just a bit as the thoughts came to him.

"Might I ask, Luna,"
He began again as he took up his rod from the ground. "What brought you into the arms of Lamia Scale? You'll forgive me for saying, but you don't quite seem like the type to take to such a rough and tumble place as this." He said his last words with a bit of apprehension. Many people said the same about him when he joined ranks with the Lamias, but he had been able to shirk off such words with ease due to his particular skill set and charm. Rowan simply hoped he had not offended Luna in any way.

#6Luna Nightshade 

A Memory of the Past [Luna] Empty Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:54 am

Luna Nightshade
Luna Nightshade
Magician
Of water

Luna took the soda Rowan handed her and opened it to take a sip. It turned out, he had been in the guild much less longer than her. Rowan went on to talk about how in his younger years he wasn't aware of his talent for magic.

Luna simply listened with content, until Rowan caught her off guard with his question about how she came to join Lamia Scale. She hadn't really talked about herself to anyone in the guild or anyone at all really. She felt somewhat ashamed of what she did. Running away like that, without even a goodbye.

She simply looked down at the soda can she had in her hands, fiddling with it. Keeping her head looking down. "Truth is... I ran away from home in Era, and at some point ended up here in Orchidia. I didn't join Lamia Scale at first when I arrived, just took on odd jobs here and there." She paused for a moment before continuing. "Eventually, I found my way to Lamia Scale and decided to join on a whim." She didn't bother looking up, just kept her head looking down at her soda can, before taking another sip.

TAG: @Rowan Vincent | WORDS: 199 | NOTES: HERE
MEL @ ADOXOGRAPHY

#7Rowan Vincent 

A Memory of the Past [Luna] Empty Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:03 pm

Rowan Vincent
The blonde nodded as he listened to Luna speak on her journey that had led up to her joining the guild. It wasn't necessarily a common story, but Rowan could empathize with it quite well. He understood what running away from home could do to a person, and despite what he was sure were radically different circumstances he still felt a bit of kinship with Luna over their shared experience in that regard. He offered a nod at first, allowing the pair to simply enjoy a few moments of silence as he poked his fishing rod about to try and receive a response from the fish he knew where present.

"I grew up in a small village not terribly far from here. When I was old enough to think I was ready for the real world I left to go seek the fortunes I had always heard about in Crocus and Era." He paused. "I didn't realize back then how cruel the world, and quite a few people in it, were. I'm sure you've noticed that, like you, I don't seem like the type to join Lamia Scale either. With my upscale dress and style of speech some say I belong in Blue Pegasus." He laughed derisively. "I ran away from two lives before I found who I was meant to be. So I believe I can understand where you are coming from better than most, Lady Luna." Rowan allowed his thoughts to settle after that. His eyes then opened wide and he looked at Luna with a sheepish grin. "I'm terribly sorry, I didn't mean to drone on about myself like that."

#8Luna Nightshade 

A Memory of the Past [Luna] Empty Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:02 pm

Luna Nightshade
Luna Nightshade
Magician
Of water

Luna raised her head, making eye contact now with Rowan while she listened to him speak about himself. She was surprised to hear he had also ran away from home. It made her a tiny bit happy to know someone had similar circumstances to her own.

Once he said his piece, he looked at Luna with a sheepish grin, and apologized for droning on. Luna shook her head. "No, its fine. Thank you for sharing with me. I'm glad to know someone else shares similar circumstances." She said with a kind smile before taking another sip of her soda.

Hearing about Rowan's circumstances made her feel a sort of kinship towards him, something she hadn't had in awhile. "By the way, you don't have to keep calling me 'Lady Luna' Just Luna is fine. It just feels a tad bit weird to me. Let's be friends, from one runaway to another."
TAG: @Rowan Vincent | WORDS: 151 | NOTES: HERE
MEL @ ADOXOGRAPHY

#9Rowan Vincent 

A Memory of the Past [Luna] Empty Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:29 pm

Rowan Vincent
A soft wind caressed the embankment that the pair sat upon. Rowan gripped his fishing pole tighter by force of habit, but relaxed his grip as the breeze passed them by. He allowed himself a smile when Luna offered him thanks for sharing himself with her. He hadn't experienced such appreciation, but he was mostly to blame for never bringing up his past with anyone. Today, however, had allowed him a moment to relax and reflect upon his past, and it granted him the desire to share his private dealings with someone else. He was glad that Luna had shown him kindness for that, and would gladly return the favor to her.

He also understood her hesitation at the nomenclature he had used to address her. Most people tended to be at least slightly uncomfortable with the title the gentleman placed before their name. He could understand. In the culture he had been bred into a gentleman from he had found most high brow individuals desired to be addressed in a more formal manner than they were usually afforded by the so called "common" man. It was one of the few habits Rowan retained from his time in the royal city, but one he was still comfortable with retaining. He gave a nod to Luna. "But of course, Luna. You do me a kind service by joining me in friendship. You won't be disappointed in your choice of companionship, I guarantee it." He gave her a broad smile, and with his free hand he picked up his soda and offered a toast of sorts. "To friendship. May ours last for many years to come."

#10Luna Nightshade 

A Memory of the Past [Luna] Empty Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:12 am

Luna Nightshade
Luna Nightshade
Magician
Of water

Luna was relieved when Rowan stopped calling her 'Lady Luna'. He said she wouldn't be disappointed in her choice of companionship.  Luna nodded. "I'm sure I won't be." They then made a toast with their soda cans to their new friendship with one another. "To Friendship!" Luna couldn't help smile, brightly. After all, it was her first friend since coming to Orchidia.

Luna stood up and stretched her arm to the sky. She felt a chilled wind pass by which made her feel cold. Drinking an ice cold soda hadn't helped either. Luna looked over to her new friend. "I think I'm going to take off now, its gotten a bit too cold for comfort here. I'll see you around Rowan." Luna said as she waved goodbye to her new friend with a smile before walking off.

-Exit-

TAG: @Rowan Vincent | WORDS: 137 | NOTES: HERE
MEL @ ADOXOGRAPHY

#11Rowan Vincent 

A Memory of the Past [Luna] Empty Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:47 pm

Rowan Vincent
Rowan waved goodbye to Luna as she took her leave. He greatly hoped that he would be able to meet her again, she had been very kind to him. Placing his now empty soda bottle back in his ice bucket for later, the blonde went back to focusing his attention upon the task of fishing. Hours went by in complete silence for Rowan as the city continued to go on around him without a care for the man. Rowan didn't mind, his thoughts were focused elsewhere. His grip was solid, and his will like iron. Four hours after Luna had left him Rowan himself took his leave from the shore of the river, toting three large salmon along behind his back. Patience was a good virtue to have been taught after all.

*Exit*

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum