Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

feed the fish [quest]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Briar Caidh 

feed the fish [quest] Empty Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:56 am

Briar Caidh
It had been a kind month since Briar had truly found himself in Blue Pegasus' - or, supposing, mage as a whole - culture. He was no longer wheedling his feet wet; if anything, he was submerged to his waist. He felt at home in the immersion. He laughed so easily, and no trial had yet to dull the light in his eyes. He was making new friends, every day, and making a note to visit old ones whenever the opportunity arose. 

This was why his excitement had sparked palpably when he saw another request from Raina: his first client. He had made good on their brief bonding their first time around and split his time on conservationist efforts between his other guild duties and his personal passions (uhm, gardening). He had even made a number of pals about the local volunteers, and it was fulfilling to know he could learn small lessons and make real differences with them.

Raina was just as pleased to see him as he scampered up to meet her at her warehouse before the task of the day. It was an equally inoffensive job, where the first had been to collect water samples and meet her in her space of disappointment for the state of things and this latter was simply to check in on and tend to the local aquatic fauna. He gets to feed the fishies. Yippee!

There's a skip to his step and a quiet amusement from the women throughout the process of gathering what they need, striking up a chat about his recent work and hers - which he deferred to. "I was real glad to start doin' my part, too, miss Raina, but I know it must be a lot harder on you," he offered, giving her the space to talk about her stressors without overwhelming them too much with his joy. She would sigh and grumble, directed not toward him but the state of the world, and agree on their way to the shore. Briar spent the time lugging the sack of food with minimal squeaking. Minimal, but existent.

"Yeah," she'd complain, affably. "I've heard the volunteers have really stepped up lately. They have good things to say about you, too, Briar. It's just not going to be enough until we can hammer it into the thick skulls of all the people in Hargeon who don't give a dam - dang." She corrected with a purse of her lips, shooting him an apologetic, if tired, glance. He giggled, helping to stir the boat out to sea in a way that reminded him nervously of a recent fishing trip. Uhm, it was okay ... this would be different ...

"Eheh ... mhm. I know it's a big process, miss Raina, definitely. I'm real sorry. But we'll get it, won't we? As long as someone's still tryin' for it. As long as we are." He grinned at her, echoing an earlier sentiment they shared. "'Cuz who else if we don't step up, huh?" She couldn't help but smile along with him, the exhausted tint to her voice airing with the company. 

It didn't take much to feed the fish and no giant, multi-scaled ones appeared for him to bonk back to place (which is not something he shared with his friend, the marine biologist) so they were able to return without much trouble, appeased with themselves and looking forward to their next outing together.

"Soon!"

[ 576 ]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum