Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ring a Ring o' Roses (D-rank Solo)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Mielle 

Ring a Ring o' Roses (D-rank Solo) Empty Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:29 pm

Mielle
Mielle stood at the entrance of Hinoki Theater, gazing upon the lively atmosphere filled with the exuberant laughter of children. The colorful banners and playful decorations hinted at the joyous chaos within. As Manager Yua greeted her with enthusiasm, Mielle couldn't help but feel a twinge of apprehension. Damn that grandma for not telling her what the job was until it was too late to back out of it. Children were not her preferred companions, and the prospect of playing babysitter for the day left her with a muted sense of dread.

Suppressing her inner reluctance, Mielle followed Manager Yua into the training room, where a group of young trainees eagerly awaited the day's activities. The children's eyes lit up at the sight of her, curiosity and excitement dancing in their gaze. Mielle, in turn, offered a polite smile, concealing her aversion behind a mask of friendliness in the form of a greatly strained smile.

Throughout the day, she observed the training sessions, trying her best to stay engaged despite her internal grumblings. The constant buzz of activity and the unpredictable nature of children tested the limits of her patience. "Who would have thought I'd end up as a guardian for a bunch of tiny humans?" she mumbled to herself, a subtle hint of exasperation coloring her tone. "This wasn't exactly what I had in mind when I signed up for magical quests."

As minor disputes erupted and occasional injuries demanded her attention, Mielle found herself navigating the delicate balance of maintaining order without dampening the children's spirits. Her internal monologue echoed with complaints, each playful squabble and scraped knee fueling her silent lamentations.

"I could be studying ancient texts or mastering new spells," she thought, a wistful yearning for her usual pursuits gnawing at her. "Instead, I'm mediating disputes over who gets the best spot on the floor during storytime. How did I get myself into this?"

Yet, amidst the challenges, there were moments of unexpected joy. The unfiltered innocence of the children, their boundless enthusiasm, and genuine laughter softened the edges of Mielle's stoic demeanor. She found herself, albeit begrudgingly, succumbing to the infectious delight that surrounded her.

The day progressed, with children gleefully engaging in their training and play. As the sun began its descent, the children's guardians arrived one by one to collect their charges. Mielle, ever the diligent overseer, approached Manager Yua to provide a comprehensive report. Her words skillfully highlighted the positive aspects of the day, downplaying the more testing moments that had strained her composure.

With the quest officially completed, Mielle accepted her reward, bidding farewell to the vibrant world of Hinoki Theater. Stepping back into the fading daylight, she reflected on the unexpected challenges and surprising moments of fulfillment that came with venturing outside her comfort zone. Despite her initial reservations, the day had proven to be a unique adventure—one that left her with a newfound appreciation for the unpredictability of quests. But she still didn't like kids.

Word count: 507

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum