Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Poropo Performance Planting [Quest]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Poropo Poproporp 

Poropo Performance Planting [Quest] Empty Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:41 pm

Poropo Poproporp
Poropo was asked to come back to the theater for another set of performances, but this time the monk would be one of the opening acts instead of an intermission. The monk was happy to help but not happy to perform. However, the money was good enough for Poropo and the character Poropo would be performing would be an old farmer. He only had a few lines so as long as he did not fail to deliver then his job would be a success!

An approach was made to the theater director by Poropo, "Hello, may the Iron Deity bless you. I have a few questions about my farmer character - the script says I need to pretend to be planting seeds when the main character comes in."

"Yes, and what's the problem? What are the questions? I don't have all day!" The director snapped at Poropo for wasting time with questions - the script was finalized already so any chancing would blur the director's set vision.

Figuring the director was busy, Poropo simply asked, "Should I b-bend over like this or-" The director just walked away to attend to a different task - telling an actor with two lines how to bend over was too belittling.

#2Poropo Poproporp 

Poropo Performance Planting [Quest] Empty Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:48 pm

Poropo Poproporp
The problem Poropo had with acting as if he was planting seeds was the act of bending over to plant those imaginary seeds. Poropo was stuck bent over after the director left in a huff, proving to the monk he might not be able to perform his role as an old farmer. Thankfully, the actor of the main character showed up to help Poropo out of his self-inflicted prison, "You alright, bud? You are one of the other five performers, right?"

"Um...yes, I play the farmer your character meets at the beginning." Poropo attempted to explain his role but there was a complication - Poropo was the only one to be playing one part while the other five actors were playing multiple parts to compensate for a lack of experienced talent.

"Which character? Joseph, John, or Brando? Sorry, I can hardly keep up with all the dudes I gotta play as - tough to switch roles on the fly, much less remember their names, heh heh." The main actor seemed swamped with roles to play, so Poropo felt lucky he only had to worry about his back problems with one character. However, an idea popped into the monk's mind as his back was popped back into place.

#3Poropo Poproporp 

Poropo Performance Planting [Quest] Empty Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:53 pm

Poropo Poproporp
"Kind performer, might you add a little something extra to your Joseph performance? I have back problems and my character is supposed to bend over for longer than I can handle." Poropo had the idea of adding a single action to the main character's role - to straighten out the old farmer's back! A seemingly brilliant idea which came into existence thanks to Poropo's interaction with the actor for the main character.

The actor for Joseph had a puzzled look on his face but seeming to understand the problem which Poropo was trying to solve, "Right...I could do that. Just give me some sorta signal and I'll be able to remember better, but why not ask the director to change your character's actions in the performance?" A notable issue Poropo had tried to solve earlier, but the director probably wouldn't care enough.

"Well, my character is an old man who plants seeds and harvests for a living - if I do not look the part then I am not doing my part. Better to do as the script says, hah hah!" Poropo made a half chuckle as he tried to steer the conversation in a different direction.

#4Poropo Poproporp 

Poropo Performance Planting [Quest] Empty Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:01 pm

Poropo Poproporp
Poropo and the actor for Joseph went their separate ways and prepared for their first rehearsal. Poropo waited patiently as his role was coming up, but sweat started to pour down the farmer-dressed monk's visage, "Will I be able to survive my back being popped so often? What if I make a strange moan which disturbs the tone of the play?" Many questions danced across the monk's consciousness until he was finally called upon to play his small part.

Poropo waddled to his position on the rehearsal stage and attempted to bend over. The bending was easy enough - what Poropo feared was the director's reaction to the improvised actions about to be performed. Joseph, the main character, walked in on Steven, Poropo's character. Poropo gave a stiff reading, "H-hello kind sir..." At this point Poropo was supposed to turn around from his bend position and look at the main character. The moment of improvisation started, "C-could you help me up real quick - my back is giving me trouble."

Joseph's actor responded, "Sure thing, friend," and strutted up to Poropo, straightened out the old man's back, and gave some space. Poropo took a pause to look at the director.

#5Poropo Poproporp 

Poropo Performance Planting [Quest] Empty Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:09 pm

Poropo Poproporp
"What? Do you not know your lines or something!? Speak, man! Your job depends on it! This PLAY depends on it! MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!" The director did not seem to mind the improvisation in the slightest - instead, Poropo's strange look bothered the director immensely. Poropo quickly corrected his behavior by looking back at Joseph's actor and reading the rest of his lines.

"Thank you so much, kind stranger. What brings you down to these parts in the first place? The season has been very poor so I can't spare you any food if that is what you seek- I mean- looking for..." The director was about to rocket out of his chair with the force of a thousand suns, but once the main character spoke the rest of his part, the scene came to a close.

The director gave a stern talking to Poropo about remembering his lines, but noted the interesting addition of the "improvised" back injury and how the old farmer was more fleshed out with wear-and-tear compared to just a couple lines. Poropo was happy to have accidentally improved his performance and continued to be part of rehearsals and inevitably the big show.

The final show went off without a hitch, even though Poropo's back was worse-for-wear after being popped back into place dozens of time. He was paid and told a position might be available for him in future plays if he wanted to earn more money and fame.

1,000/1,000 words

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum