Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Miller Time [Quest | Akira]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Hatsuharu 

Miller Time [Quest | Akira] Empty Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:11 pm

Hatsuharu
Finally, the Flower Festival had come to an end and it was time to pack up their tent and get back to the main town. As he began packing the books on the makeshift shelf Akira had made, a letter fell off from under one of the books. Typically, Haru wasn’t one to peer into other people’s letters. However, he noticed that this was not directly addressed to Akira, but also to her ‘company’. And to make him more curious, it was from Dex Miller. It took him a while to associate the name to the crazy detective they had met, but he finally managed.

Unable to control his temptation, he opened the letter to read its content. Apparently, there was another case the ‘detective’ wanted help with and he had requested ‘Akira and company’ for their assistance. His eyes widened in realization. This was the letter she received that day when we were on town and she said it was nothing! He understood why she didn’t take the letter seriously. Dex Miller wasn’t the name Haru would bring up if he was asked to give examples of detectives. Nevertheless, as Rune Knights, it was their duty to investigate every complaint. Haru couldn’t believe Akira had been hiding it all this time.

Walking up to his partner, he held the letter up in front of her and raised one eyebrow as if he was daring her to explain it away.

WC: 240/2700

#2Akira Shimada 

Miller Time [Quest | Akira] Empty Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:00 pm

Akira Shimada
The book was placed by her side open and face down on the grass. For someone who read a lot, her regard for books could be considered dismal. One streak of carelessness that ran through the otherwise meticulous and methodical planner. Tsuru had taken up the task for finishing packing up for which she was grateful. Being nocturnal meant she usually slept later into the day, but that wasn't an option today. and the nocturnal being had no chance to sleep in late today, so here she was, plagued with exhaustion since she hadn't even managed to catch a wink. Not to mention, they had a long walk back to town, ahead of them.

Her head tilted back the top of it propped by the rough bark behind her as she looked up at the canopy of trees, the light that poured through between them, pierced her eye, a hand was held up in defence. The rays, like scattered shards fell, in a dappled pattern all around her. As she felt the heat against her palm, for a moment, she felt the urge to close her fingers into a fist in an attempt to hold this light and the warmth it offered, of course, she couldn't... Her peace was interrupted with the letter unceremoniously interrupting her field of vision. Instinctively, she snatched it from her partner and reflected his glare. 'You went through my things?' she asked accusingly.

WC: 238/2700

Miller Time [Quest | Akira] Signature6
#3Hatsuharu 

Miller Time [Quest | Akira] Empty Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:05 am

Hatsuharu
Haru’s anger almost instantly vanished when he saw Akira resting peacefully under a tree. For a moment, he wished he could just forget about the letter, sit next to her, and enjoy the beautiful morning. But the healer’s sense of justice pushed back, and he forced a little bit of his anger back to the surface. Haru gave an incredulous scoff as she deflected the question after snatching the letter. “Not intentionally. It fell off from one of your books while I was packing. Besides, it’s not a personal letter. It’s addressed to ‘Akira AND company’,” he said, squinting at her as he emphasized the word ‘and’.

“Don’t change the subject. Why did you hide the letter?” he asked, folding his hands. “Doesn’t matter,” he added quickly after. He already knew what she was going to say. There was no point in making her say it. “We’re finding the guy today and you are coming with me,” he said pointedly before walking back to the tent to finish packing.

When he finally rolled up the tent, it was time to get to the main town, drop their luggage in the Rune Knight quarters and find Dex Miller. He knew very well that this private detective’s information could be completely worthless, or worse, misleading. But he couldn’t shake the fear that there might be a small chance that there is a case. The righteous swordsman could be entirely wrong, and Akira would then make her ‘I-told-you-so’ face. This wouldn’t be the first time that happened but that wasn’t going to stop him.

WC: 501/2700

#4Akira Shimada 

Miller Time [Quest | Akira] Empty Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:26 pm

Akira Shimada
Aki picked up a blade and listlessly tossed it at her partner, huffing softly and rolling her eyes. 'And who said company meant you?' she muttered. The smirk that stretched one side of her lips, didn't ask for permission before appearing. There was a slightly teasing note in her tone now. 'I mean, I could totally have a lot of other company... People love me after all.' she added sardonically, before blowing a strand of hair that was tickling the top of her nose. A groan accompanied her words as she took a moment to realise what his discovery meant. He cut across her, his own words should have answered his questions, Aki just offered him a intent gaze. 'Why do you think I hid it?' She knew he knew the answer, she hoped he also realised that this wasn't just a case of her shirking duties.

Finally, his dreaded words tumbled right out. Her eyes widened, eyebrows raised in surprise. 'You can't possibly be serious!' she exclaimed sitting up straighter. She heaved a long sigh, before pinning him with a stubborn gaze. 'This is exactly why I ignored the letter and hid it from you, I knew you'd say we should go!' she added, stating what they both already knew. 'Do you not remember Dex Miller?' she went on... Picking up her book and snapping it shut with a decisiveness. She was exhausted, the journey itself was going to be a drag, meeting that joker in addition, was just going to drain the life force right out of her. 'No.' she tried, folding her hands and refusing point blank, wondering how far she could take this tantrum.

WC: 517/2700

#5Hatsuharu 

Miller Time [Quest | Akira] Empty Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:33 am

Hatsuharu
Haru did not grace Akira’s comment regarding her plenty ‘other company’ with any kind of reaction. He actually thought she was being serious; the sarcasm didn’t sink in until she mentioned how many people loved her. He shook his head and turned away from her before chuckling. “I remember him fine. Doesn’t change the fact that there is a chance he might have true information this time,” he said with as much confidence as he could muster, but even he himself wasn’t convinced with his own statement. Nevertheless, it wasn’t as though they had anything else to do that day. Might as well give the man a second chance.

“No?!” Haru asked, stopping in his tracks and frowning at his partner. Akira might complain a lot, but this was the first time she had ever said no to investigating something. It was new and the healer had no idea how to deal with it. “Stop fooling around. What if someone is actually hurt?” he asked, unable to understand the logic behind her tantrum. “Remember when we thought it was just another false accusation when that girl eloped with an actual Vampyre?” Haru asked, folding his hands. He hoped reminding her of that would convince her to follow.

If she did follow, the duo would walk back to the main town, freshen up at the Rune Knight quarters and go to the bar where Dex Miller hung around usually.

WC: 739/2700

#6Akira Shimada 

Miller Time [Quest | Akira] Empty Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:59 am

Akira Shimada
'No.' she repeated with a hefty sigh. He took a moment, it seemed like she had succeeded in surprising her at least. Sadly, the same couldn't be said about him. Ever the dutiful healer, he gave her a list of reasons why they shouldn't treat this like a false alarm. Akira wasn't even sure if a man like Miller was capable of raising a false alarm, to be honest. Then he categorically reminded her of their last mission. She wondered if he knew how she held herself responsible for all the mishaps that could have been prevented had she been on her A game... It seemed likely, because he seemed to be playing right into it. She rolled her eyes. For someone who gave the impression that she was the one calling the shots, Aki really had to follow Tsuru head long into everything he set his mind on.

'Whatever. But, I'm not really helping, we're partners so I'll stick around because we can't camp out here any more, you deal with the alleged detective on your own.' she responded. There wasn't anger or any sort of bitterness and resentment in her voice. Just a sort of resignation. And yet again the moment, echoed of all the times they'd shared together all the missions they had tacked, the easy and the life-threatening... The swift flashback of the year that had passed tugged the corner of her mouth. She shook her head, barely able to hold onto the facade of annoyance that had once come to her so naturally around the healer. She still had her hands folded across her chest, as she trudged along striding briskly in order to walk alongside the healer.
WC: 800/2700

#7Hatsuharu 

Miller Time [Quest | Akira] Empty Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:28 am

Hatsuharu
“Excellent!” he replied, grinning widely. Having his partner tag along was all he could ask for anyway; he knew if it comes down to it, she will help him. When they finally made it to the main town and put away their luggage, it was time to go see Mr. Miller. The man was exactly where Haru thought he would be and was ecstatic to see the duo. “Oh! There you guys are. I thought you all didn’t want to help me. Silly me,” he said, impressed with himself that he managed to get a couple of ranked Rune Knights at his beck and call.

“We are here to investigate the ‘biggest crime scene ever’ that you mentioned in your letter Mr. Miller. I hope we aren’t too late,” Haru said, trying to remain professional and keep the interaction to minimum. “Oh! It’s never too late. I could recreate the crime scene for you guys to investigate. All we need is some animal blood and some dull weapons. With my eidetic memory, I could put them all in exactly the place they were originally,” he said. Haru didn’t like the twinkle the man had in his eyes. “Was it murder?” he asked, worried. “Nah! I’ll fill you in on all the details once we set up the scene,” Dex replied, patting the healer’s shoulder. Haru stood there for a moment, thinking, looked towards Akira and then nodded. “Alright! This better not be a waste of time,” he muttered under his breath.

When the duo exited the bar, even Haru was beginning to regret taking this one up. “You may be right. But, let’s play along for now,” he said to Akira, as they walked towards the butcher’s shop.

WC: 1027/2700

#8Akira Shimada 

Miller Time [Quest | Akira] Empty Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:13 pm

Akira Shimada
Akira merely groaned at the exuberance her partner unabashedly displayed, once her tantrum was put to a swift end. At least, he'd taken it upon himself to do most of the manual work required to pack up, if nothing perhaps this could be her way of showing gratitude. Her mother did always expect her to be graceful. Eventually, her pace picked up, just because their destination promised to be a drag, didn't mean the journey had to reflect that too. The air was crisp, and the scent of the wilderness permeated her lungs with each breath. Once they got there though, most of the joy she had so carefully harboured dissolved.

She didn't bother to greet the detective, letting Tsuru do the talking while she eavesdropped. 'Great, so now we're here to create a fake scene and then solve it?' she complained. The poor healer acquiesced, but also refrained from backing out now. 'Oh, come on! We don't owe him anything, he doesn't even respect the fact that we're not some rookies anymore...' she hissed, Aki was rarely the sort to pull rank, hopefully Tsuru realised how serious she was in her annoyance with the current set up. When he didn't change his mind, she decided to attempt making quick work of this.

She strode to the butcher and demanded the blood they needed and he immediately turned her away. Annoyed at her request, he sarcastically suggested that they go hunt their own boars if they wanted to do crazy things like collect blood. 'I think he's under the assumption that we're doing something shady, which we are... By the way.' she declared, spotting her partner once she got out. 'Do we call it quits or are we going to on an animal slaughtering mission now?' she asked rather testily.

WC: 1100/2700

#9Hatsuharu 

Miller Time [Quest | Akira] Empty Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:08 am

Hatsuharu
“You think I’m doing this because I owe him? Of course we don’t owe him anything. We are doing this because it’s our duty to investigate everything thoroughly,” Haru said absent-mindedly, as he looked around for the butcher’s shop. When they finally found it, Akira decided to barge in and demand some blood, which the butcher found extremely suspicious. The swordsman was quite impressed that the man told two Rune Knights off without worrying about consequences. This was either because the Knights really did not command respect or because the butcher was one righteous person; Haru sincerely hoped it was the latter.

Walking up to the butcher, Haru tried to reason with the man. “Hey, listen. We don’t have the time to go hunt boars. And if you are worried one of us is a vampyre, I can assure you we are not. Besides, even if we are vampyres, better animal blood than human blood, right?” he asked, raising his eyebrows. Haru could see the man was beginning to consider helping them, but it was obvious he needed one more answer. “Why do you need the blood?” he asked. Haru, unwilling to admit they are actually trying to recreate an original crime scene, decided to bend the truth. “Umm… We are training our new recruits to investigate and we are creating a dummy crime scene,” he lied. He was a terrible liar, but thankfully, the butcher wasn’t good at reading faces. “Alright,” he said, before going into the backroom to bring them some pig blood.

As they waited, Haru turned to Akira and shook his head, upset with himself that he just lied to an honest man. “Don’t!” he would say in an attempt to stop his partner from laughing at him, if she was planning on doing that.

WC: 1326/2700

#10Akira Shimada 

Miller Time [Quest | Akira] Empty Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:59 am

Akira Shimada
Akira was curious about the choice the healer would make, he only had a few options, two of them involved persuasion of some sort and the last was to actually just hunt. The latter was probably the easiest for her, didn't involve interaction, especially the cumbersome convincing sort... But she knew her pal's vegetarian heart wouldn't agree. For the most part though, she was impartial in this. Considering she wasn't the one who had to do the talking, none of them tested her in any manner, the entire ordeal did though. Tsuru chose to go speak to the butcher again, leaving her to prop herself against wall beside the threshold and eavesdrop yet again.

He must have seen the hint of a snicker on her face, in form of the smirk that stretched across the side of her face. His curt 'Don't.' made it ever wider, however she curbed the instinct to outright giggle, just to respect his crisp demand and to perhaps, subconsciously to positively reinforce the attitude that accompanied it. 'Could've saved us this whole shebang if you just used your persuasive tongue on the wanna-be detective instead of the butcher y'know?' she finally said, peeling herself off the wall to keep up. She usually took the lead, but today she dilly-dallied,allowing herself to be lost in her own world.

WC: 1323/2700

#11Hatsuharu 

Miller Time [Quest | Akira] Empty Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:00 pm

Hatsuharu
Akira’s grin only widened after his ‘don’t’ and he wasn’t surprised. In fact, it made him grin too and he had to turn away from her to hide it. After five long minutes the butcher came back dragging a large plastic bag, which seemed to be full of blood. “There you go!” he said, placing it on top of the counter. Haru thanked the man, picked up the bag and began making his way towards the armoury. Thankfully, the bag wasn’t transparent. But the liquid inside sloshed enough as he walked to make other pedestrians look at him suspiciously.

When Akira asked him why he didn’t use his persuasion against the detective, he again frowned and asked in a confused tone. “Persuade him to do what? It’s not like I can read his mind to know if he is telling the truth,” he said, before delving into the philosophy of how useful or dangerous it would be if someone could actually do that. “Anyway, we need some blunt weapons. I’ll wait here. You go get a few from inside,” he said, nodding his head towards the building he stood in front of.

While he waited, his hands got tired and he placed the blood bag down with a soft plop. Realizing he never really looked in to see if the butcher actually gave him blood, he opened the bag’s mouth slightly and peered in. Unfortunately, one curious bystander looked into the bag with him, and figured what was inside. Before Haru could explain it, the man screamed and ran away. Sighing softly, the healer waited impatiently for his partner to return with the weapons so that they could leave the scene as soon as possible without causing any more ruckus.

WC: 1616/2700

#12Akira Shimada 

Miller Time [Quest | Akira] Empty Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:07 pm

Akira Shimada
'You could've just persuaded him against the necessity for this recreation. Could've brought to light an ulterior motive too. The argument would've put him in a spot and he isn't too bright, we could've caught him out on it.' she groaned. As suspected, her argument was either promptly ignored or had been inaudible, since she was muttering to avoid drawing any more attention. Accompanying someone with a large, oddly shaped, and suspicious looking bag was garnering enough eyeballs already. She idly kicked a pebble as she strolled after the healer. Even though she was trying to take her sweet time, Tsuru had to be rather careful with the blood and that slowed him down considerably, despite her best efforts she was in the lead again. 'Careful... You don't wanna end up spilling it now.' she mumbled, redundantly, given the focus etched onto the healer's face.

They now stood poised in front of a door that led to a forge. The familiar clang of metal against metal greeted her as the large door swung open and a burly looking man left the building, nodding in acknowledgement before offering the strange gaze towards Tsuru and the bag he held. She returned an awkward and sheepish shrug. 'You want me to go ask a clearly busy smith to make us blunt weapons?' the note of incredulity in her voice was self-explanatory. 'I'd rather just go in there and ste-' she cleared her throat and decided to use a less accurate but also less alarming alternative term. '-borrow some old and worn weapons...' she waited tentatively, expecting the usual Tsuru retaliation.

WC: 1590/2700

#13Hatsuharu 

Miller Time [Quest | Akira] Empty Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:50 pm

Hatsuharu
Haru knew what Akira was about to say before she stopped herself and made it more appropriate. “Ask for permission,” he whispered urgently, and looked to both sides to ensure no one else heard her. A while later, after the commoner ran scared realizing the contents of the bag Haru was carrying, if Akira came out with the used blunt weapons, the healer would rush her out of the crowded streets quickly. “Let’s go already. We have gathered too much attention as it is,” he said, cutting sharply into one of the narrower alleyways.

Just as he turned the corner, a fellow Rune Knight Lieutenant blocked the duo’s way. “Stop right there! Aren’t you two Rune Knights? Heard of bribe cases, but stooping to blatant thievery now?” he yelled, the anger in his voice very apparent. What’s with all these righteous men today? Haru wondered. Not that he didn’t like them; heck, he had been advocating and encouraging people to stand up for what was right. But that day surely felt like the wrong day to meet all of them.

“Shhh! Keep it down,” Haru whispered, as thought he really was guilty of thievery. His request only made the guy further confirm his assumption. “Shameless-” he began, but the healer cut him off before he could go on. “Calm down! We are just helping the private detective Dex Miller recreate an old crime scene so that we can actually solve the case,” he said. Suddenly, the anger in the Rune Knight’s face vanished and was replaced with concern. “Ah… That man! I’m so sorry. But do you think we can trust him? Shouldn’t we be doing the investigation?” he asked. “What do you think we are doing?” Haru asked, shaking his head. With that, he resumed his walk towards the alley they were supposed to rendezvous with the detective.

The Rune Knight that stopped them chose to stick around; to help or to confirm if Haru spoke the truth, he did not know or care. At this point he simply wished he would look at Akira the wrong way and get kicked out. The healer was getting tired and losing his patience at a rather quick rate that day.

WC: 1985/2700

#14Akira Shimada 

Miller Time [Quest | Akira] Empty Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:39 pm

Akira Shimada
'Uh huh.' Akira responded dully and absently, assuring the healer that she would ask for her permission, but not going as far as to confirm that she'll meet his expectations, with any reliable words. She wasn't actually going to bother following that particular request, there was no way she was wasting time with that. The two of them were high ranking officials, this was already a complete joke in her eyes, entering a needless conversation in order to explain her intentions, was definitely not happening. It'd really serve everyone if the smiths could extend a little trust, in fact benefit of doubt from any source could really go a long way today...

Her lithe figure allowed her to sneak into the building with relative efficiency, she prowled through the rooms in search for a collection that would serve their purpose. Upon finding it, she picked up a few old swords and daggers and stuffed them into a sack, carefully she stalked off with the bundle, tip-toeing to avoid any cling-clang sounds. She followed Tsuru in silence, unaware that their deeds had just scared the living daylights out of some poor civilian.

It could've been the citizen or perhaps the smiths who had alerted the Rune Knight that her partner dealt with. She just rolled her eyes and sighed, at least the guy was empathetic. 'It's a fake freaking scene, no one really needs to waste time investigating it.' she retorted with a snort, earning a wary look, but the guy was stubborn and stood his ground. 'If you're going to stick around, at least help us out, and please talk some sense into the man...'

WC: 1865/2700

#15Hatsuharu 

Miller Time [Quest | Akira] Empty Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:24 pm

Hatsuharu
The walk to the designated alley was short but extremely awkward with the Rune Knight accompanying the duo staying on high alert, as though he was going to be assassinated. Haru couldn’t make up his mind if he wanted to laugh or roll his eyes at the man, so he did both. Finally, when they arrived at the destination, they found Dex waiting for them there. The private detective was happy to see the duo and was about to welcome them with a wide grin; but that plan quickly changed the moment he noticed a third Knight. “Why is he here?” Dex asked accusingly. “Deal with it,” Haru said bluntly. “Now, will you tell us why we are doing these theatrics?” he asked, cutting to the chase.

“Alright… Here goes. This is the biggest unsolved mystery of the decade…” he began, and then instructed the three Knights to coat the blunt weapons with the animal blood and scatter them around the alley. Dex’s instructions were extremely precise and he seemed to have an obsessive compulsive disorder when it came to the orientation of the weapons and blood stains on them. As tedious as it was, Haru figured it would really help with the investigation if the man was thorough about the scene. In fact, believing that all this was from his eidetic memory, he was quite impressed with the ridiculous tiny details that the detective could ‘recall’.

Finally, when all the blood-stained weapons were placed satisfactorily, Dex demanded the Knights to cause a commotion. “What?!” Haru asked incredulously. “I figured out from what angle the attacker must have struck for this to happen,” Dex lied convincingly. “Just cast a few offensive spells from here towards that direction,” he said, pointing his hands at two different locations. With a heavy sigh, Haru moved away and nodded at Akira. She was the expert at offensive spells, after all. “Let’s just get this over with,” he said, urging her to not retaliate.

WC: 2314/2700

#16Akira Shimada 

Miller Time [Quest | Akira] Empty Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:06 pm

Akira Shimada
The detective's obsession with perfection was annoying to say the least. Ironically though, it earned him some respect, Aki could be a bit of a perfectionist herself, when she felt inclined to bestow a task with her best effort. Although, it did beg the question of his intention, perhaps he was serious about teaching them? It couldn't be, there was this, glint in his eye. The more she thought about it, the stranger it seemed. She kept her gaze fixed on him from the corner of her eyes while the three Knights recreated the scene.

They spattered the blood in perfect streaks and appropriately coating the weapons.The sight of blood in such copious amounts caused her to feel a little unsteady, given what she'd witnessed at the festival... She swallowed and focused on breathing evenly, working on steadying her slightly shaky hands. Now was really not the time to raise any concerns or get into a conversation which would require her explain things and relive memories she was trying to bury.

The Shimada was relieved when they were done, assuming the ordeal was over, and that is when Dex asked them to cause a commotion, Aki's suspicion intensified, to the point that she began creatively speculating. Her thoughts were dangerously close to the truth, as Tsuru decided to play along yet again. 'I'm not sure I should... But whatever, I've done worse I suppose.' she muttered softly, but shrugged and balled her palm into a fist, channelling mana into it, then unfurling her fingers to create a ball of light, exploding it in a spot that didn't mess up the set up too much. 'Enough?' she asked, cocking her head at Dex. 'More! More!' he urged greedily.

'This isn't for us at all, is it? You're trying to solve a crime that never happened and win the favour of the town...' she simply stated, narrowing her eyes accusingly.

WC: 2183/2700

#17Hatsuharu 

Miller Time [Quest | Akira] Empty Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:29 pm

Hatsuharu
What followed was the last thing the red-headed Knight expected out of all their hard work. Firstly, the large light explosion that Aki caused was too loud and flashy for his taste, but he decided not to comment on it. However, the sudden bang and flash had attracted quite the attention from the citizens who were in the main alley, and unknown to the Knights, many of them were on their way to the set-up. It all went on exactly according to Miller’s plan.

However, the truth never struck Haru until his partner spelt it out. At which point, the whole thing dawned on him and it would be an understatement to say the healer was extremely mad about being used. “Are you freaking kidding me?” he asked; his voice was soft, but the pitch was much higher than usual. Miller looked positively flummoxed at Haru’s sudden outburst, but neither party had the time to continue the ‘conversation’ any further without being caught red-handed by the public.

“Let’s get out of here,” Haru said, before dragging Dex along with the Knights and turning into an even narrower inner alley. Once they were out of the public’s eye, it was time to settle things with the crazy detective. “You take the Knights for a joke, playing us like we are some pawn pieces in a chess board?” he hissed, inching closer to Miller. While the anger was moderately justified, the intensity was not. Haru was clearly displacing his pent-up frustration against the entire country’s attitude towards the Knights to just this one poor detective.

WC: 2577/2700

#18Akira Shimada 

Miller Time [Quest | Akira] Empty Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:01 pm

Akira Shimada
Her eyes widened considerably at her partner's reaction. He had to have known this was at least a distant possibility, given Dex's usual incompetence, this would also explain his alleged popularity. From the way the Orchidian Rune Knight had met with their explanation, it'd seem he was aware of this pattern. Aki confirmed as much, with one glance sideways. The intruding Rune Knight merely sighed and ducked his chin into his neck as he hung his head, it looked like he wanted to curl up and vanish actually. She didn't grace the situation with anymore venom though, it seemed Tsuru had it covered. She ushered the lower ranking Knight into the smaller alley, following after Miller and the healer.

She has assumed Tsuru had already said his piece, so when he menacingly closed the distance between himself and the detective, she had to intervene. Her splayed palm rested on Tsuru's chest, as she urged him to pause. She completely empathised and while being fooled, or the dismal attempt at it was not something she took kindly to either, the two of them had undergone far worse, under better woven garbs of deceit. 'Let it go.' she said, very evenly.

Miller used this time to make a quick get away, wordlessly, he walked back towards the alley they'd just left. Aki let her palm press into the flesh with a little more pressure as a warning. 'It is already done, we'll only rattle the faith of the people if we intervene now.' she explained steadily, but making sure it didn't sound condescending. 'You're personally going to make sure he doesn't do this again.' she said, in a hiss, addressing the other Knight, in a tone that was sharply different than the one she'd employed for Tsuru.

WC: 2478/2700

#19Hatsuharu 

Miller Time [Quest | Akira] Empty Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:20 pm

Hatsuharu
Anger welled within the redhead Knight, especially since he saw no hint of remorse or shame in the detective’s demeanour. He was about to take another step and shove the guy when he felt a gentle but firm palm against his chest. Turning to look who it was, his expression softened immediately when his eyes met Akira’s. Never did he think there will come a day when he was the one about to lose it and his partner the one to stop him.

Haru’s gaze turned back towards where Miller was, but the man wasn’t there anymore. The opportunistic cretin took the short moment to sneak away towards the set-up crime scene to complete his plan. “Unbelievable!” Haru muttered in his wake, but saw sense in what Akira said. Without uttering another word, the healer stormed off from the scene, taking the other exit to avoid the crowded fake crime scene.

Day in and day out, for almost a year, Haru had been seeing the good and the bad of the Rune Knight organization. However, he started to feel as though the bad was outweighing the good; he had seen many great comrades leave because of that and he had nothing to defend the faction with. It was time for some change within and he wanted to spark it. He didn’t know how yet, but he was determined to do it. Maybe then the frown on his face will fade and he will go back to being the sweet nineteen-year-old he once was.

WC: 2830/2700
-Exit-

#20Akira Shimada 

Miller Time [Quest | Akira] Empty Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:39 pm

Akira Shimada
She didn't stop him, it was perhaps for the better if he took some time to himself. Unlike her, she was sure he wasn't used to these feelings... She had accepted her scepticism towards the world and towards the organisation she worked for. She was friends with the alleged darkness inside her, Tsuru usually harboured a bitterness towards such hopelessness. Now his judgement was going to be aimed at himself, in a way that was the worst sort of burden to carry. She watched him stalk off, and stood in her own solitude for a moment. Sighing softly, she decided to seek bitter entertainment by watching Dex pull off his conniving show. She noticed that the other Knight seemed to be headed that way too, perhaps he had the same idea, or maybe, he wanted to make sure nothing bad happened and he too shared the burden of responsibility that her partner usually hauled...

She ambled, while her fellow Knight rushed, by the time she actually made it to the edge of the crowd that had gathered, the cop had already made his way back to her through it. She quirked an eyebrow when she noticed a sack in his hands, as he walked, it jingled softly. She cocked her head, gracing the moment with another sigh, she snatched the bag from his hand. 'What, is this his bribe or something?' she asked, derisively, but didn't wait for an answer. Technically, since the other Knights in the area were aware of his proclivities, in her eyes this was as good as something sanctioned, that's how she chose to see it anyway. 'It is just his gratitude I guess, he's eccentric, but not a bad man.' The Knight called out after her, Aki had already turned and began walking away, she paused for a moment, but decided against gracing his defence with any argument.

WC: 2791/2700
~Exit~

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum