Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

An Interesting-Nod-To-Respectable-Opponents, An Intro (Social, PL)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Tecka Majora 

An Interesting-Nod-To-Respectable-Opponents, An Intro (Social, PL) Empty Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:36 am

Tecka Majora
"Things became...Frustrating."

"During this journey to reach the ultimate power, to hold it as thy own, and reclaim from all others the strength to rebel. To give purpose to the weak, that they'll sharpen and bare their fangs in this eternal game of give and take." the black haired foreigner spoke in a more strict form of the language, his attempt at coming across as strong-willed to any who took to his voice. "Its give and take, push and pull. Here, push me and we shall commence combat."

Unfortunate, his stature and voice hadn't seemed imposing enough to keep the older man's attention, the foreigner was nearly half the older man's height and rarely ever spoke in a outside voice or with projection. His words had pretty much fallen on deaf ears from the start of this conversation, and went disregarded to the older man he was speaking with through and through. Alhough, the shift in his tone and simulated bass in his voice caused the man to wake from his nap.

"Aha, hu, hmm. I'm sorry, what were we talking about? I've really gotta be somewhere an-" the man asked, trying to be polite as possible but was stopped short by the shorter, black haired young man. "Forgive me, you seem to be..no challenge to me, as I'd previously speculated." He said without remorse. The older man seemed puzzled at what was even happening but it was apparent that his patience was extremely high.

"Fine, since you've no strength, point me to someone who does have strength. Give me this knowledge at least." The older man seemed unsure of what to say, more so out of confusion than lack of understanding, though that wasn't quite obvious to the black haired foreigner. "Where might I find someone that could possibly kill me?" The dark haired young man asked with a disturbing amount of certainty and eagerness, though he wasn't really sure how else to ask about where the strong lurk, oak town was fairly large, and their was no guarantee that any street walking civilian could actually give the young man what he desired.

The older man chuckled a bit and answered before pointing to the top of a hill in the distance and walking away. "Look kid, why don't you go ask over there?"

"Aha, I see." The young man made his way in the direction of the older mans finger, towards the hill that was singled out. The distance was not a problem...at least at first. Traversing the flat terrain of the city streets was simple, then came the difficult part. His climb to the top. Starting out it's a slight incline that gradually steepened as the path extends along the mountain side in a swirl until it was just a straight shot up to what looked like a building. "A chapel?" the the black haired young man thought. With every step he could feel his chest burn with the sensation of fatigue, it came as a feeling of cold air entered his lungs, comforting him but burning twice as bad when exhaled.

As the air began to thin along the climb, although very slightly due to the lack of true altitude gain, that was the least of the young man's concerns, he was used to being uncomfortable, it was just another test of his strength. "Why would that man point me to a chapel, perhaps he knows something I don't, a secret? I mean, I've read of these chapels; full of sinners who've sinned and false forgiveness given by the owners who run such establishments, right?" he pondered, questioning himself along the way. "True forgiveness is earned with true strength." He stated, and continued to climb, this time with more determination and an extra amount of applied force behind his steps.

Nearing closer to the building it resembled that of a chapel, more foreign in design to natives, but familiar probably to foreigners. The circular domes atop the building resembled a type of architecture that wasn't all too common near this town and possibly on this continent; each round cap seeming larger up close than the last, of course, but still in short distance its appearance was larger than one would expect of a topping for a building this size. The young man brought his hands up to the doors of the building, pushed against them with little effort, testing the resistance and whether they might be closed or not. "Whether it is a chapel or not, i need to know who hides their strength here." thought the young man. Being that the doors hadn't budged, he applied even more force onto them, to the point of leaning full shoulder into it.

The doors gave way to the inner labyrinth of a mass building, much larger on the inside than its outside perspective, with individuals scattered all about inside. The young man wasn't quite sure of what to think, but upon closer observation, this was perfect. "Its not a chapel as I pictured but rather, a type of sect, a group maybe?" he mumbled. One thing he did notice was a symbol many had adorned to their bodies, the same symbol decorated all around the inside of the building. It reminded him of an incomplete tadpole trying to devour the rest of it's missing self...

He approached the closest stable surface that had the nearest resemblance to a bar. Though he had no actual evidence, he could practically feel himself being observed from various angles as the buildings overall vibe seemed to have changed since his arrival, he paid it no mind though. While moving he began speaking softly to himself "Good, a bar. These should carry abundances of information. And if this is the right kind of establishment, I may be able to find use in this cult, or at least use they people here."

Pulling up a seat to the stern wooden surface before him, his eyes were scanning for someone who could help him further understand the rules of the establishment he'd entered. Though he hated to admit to it, the young man was lost not only in the moment but sadly enough, in life. He wanted to be strong but wasn't so sure how to climb that ladder. Without thinking he'd announced loud and naively to whoever was nearest that his voice had taken to, "I am known as Tecka, from where I've come. Could anyone here tell me were I am exactly?"

#2Bodak 

An Interesting-Nod-To-Respectable-Opponents, An Intro (Social, PL) Empty Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:02 am

Bodak
Bodak Manji
Shura's Shadow
"Phantom Lord." she'd answer. "God there's nothing but new kids every day."

She walked in, her left pinky in her ear as she squinted at the man. A black bra was all that held the front of her up, and grey sweatpants covered her lower half. Her hair was wet, and a towel was around her neck.

She picked up two glasses as she walked behind the bar. "Call me Bodak."

She would lean over the back of the counter, her backside to the man. She would begin to open various glasses and bottles and pour them into one of the glasses. She wasn't anyone of power or real importance, but what she did was what allowed the guild to move in the direction needed.

"Something to drink?" she asked the man. There was nothing to it. He was here, he might as well make the most of his time. If he was a problem, all of the mages around the guild could easily have apprehended the man. If he was here to kill, he'd have done it. Bodak didn't care either way. She died once before, she wouldn't care if she died again. She was eternal in this world. Nothing was really worth her time anymore. She did whatever she wanted to do.
Bra, Sweatpants, Towel

An Interesting-Nod-To-Respectable-Opponents, An Intro (Social, PL) 5f3vq0
[ Bodak - GFX ]
#3Tecka Majora 

An Interesting-Nod-To-Respectable-Opponents, An Intro (Social, PL) Empty Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:30 am

Tecka Majora
"Oh, It's far worse than i originally presumed, then."

Tecka replied as his face conveyed an unattentive blank stare, past the woman onto the counter behind her. He wasn't so much embarrassed by, or nervous from her dress style, its just that looking others in the eye wasn't his style, at least not if he hadn't fought them yet. This too was his way of measuring strength. Heck, regardless of what she was wearing, his dress style had matched hers more than he would like to admit. The main difference being, most of Tecka's clothes were hand me downs: his teal faded tank top had small tears scarcely placed around the back, front, and both side lengths, with torn strings hanging from the edges, his pants were a light brown with pockets on the sides near his knees and were excessively baggy towards the bottom as the ends were stuffed into his boots. His boots were very worn down, and treated black leather high tops. He noticed her in detail completely, from the gray of the sweatpants, to her hair-still damp as tiny specks from the remains of water drops sprinkled along towards the floor with each of her movements. He even noticed her ebony bra as she leaned over the counter opposite of the one Tecka had been seated behind. And of course, he couldn't help but notice the scar across her back, at least what of it that wasn't covered by the bra. Though clearly curious, he restrained himself not to ask about it looking past her once again as to not seem as if he was staring.

The woman had drinking glasses in her hand, asking the black haired foreigner if he'd wanted a drink. He continued his earlier thought, "I mean, this place clearly isn't a chapel so I am relieved there, but a cult isn't too much better." He said out loud while pointing across to one of the larger liquor containers, a jet black glass colored with a red strip around the neck of the bottle "And I really don't feel like being a sacrifice right now, I climbed i don't know how many steps just to get up here." the bottle, though appearing heavy, was leaning a bit towards its side on the shelf behind the woman. "Actually, could I just.." he started before placing his left palm onto the counter. With all of his grip onto the edge of the bar's counter-top he lifted himself over the surface feet first until he found himself standing next to the young lady. "There we go." he exhaled after landing the dismount.

His blank expression giving him a more so confused look than one implying he'd been lost in thought, Tecka almost immediately began to analyze and read through the different containers behind the shelf. He had almost expected one of them to be a bottle for poison, possibly used sparingly in ritualistic sacrifices. Although alcohol practically was a poison, it couldn't kill you so much as water could. Close but no cigar. The one bottle that originally had drawn his attention, he'd grabbed by its large base and passed off in the direction of the woman. While looking through the assortment of drinks they kept stocked above shelf, he continued speaking.

"Just maybe, I was wrong once again.." Said Tecka running his hand along the different tops; caps, corks, and plugs stopping the scent of various beverages from entirely consuming the establishment. No one bottle bared the exact same characteristics to another, other than the fact it contained liquids, mostly alcoholic in nature at that. Tecka looked towards the woman for the first time since he'd hopped the bar counter, noticing she actually was taller than himself. He stood on his tip toes to verify if he was actually seeing what he was seeing, attempting to peer over the woman but his eyes hitting to her chin. He couldn't believe it, she was a full face taller than him, he turned away, quickly shaking off his disbelief. It made no difference concerning what he truly wanted to ask about.

"So, I guess what I mean to ask is, is this a cult? I'll take the chance of poison in my drink solely because it's free, at least i'll assume it is, that and before I left my hometown I hadn't thought about taking any money with me, then again I didn't have much to take in the first place." He said, his comments becoming progressively quieter. Tecka realized this, starting back up with a renewed tone. "But I must say I am perplexed by this establishment. This...? What would you call it miss? And these people here, are these people customers? They look.....strong." he stated, the entire time his gaze sweeping the crates on the floor filled too with assortments of liquor, then gazing around at the individuals loitering around inside the building.

#4Bodak 

An Interesting-Nod-To-Respectable-Opponents, An Intro (Social, PL) Empty Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:49 am

Bodak
Bodak Manji
Shura's Shadow
She would finish pouring both of her drinks, finishing with a single cube of ice in both. It didn't matter to the visitor to where they came from. To the residents of the hall, anger would ensue, for the machine had been broken for some time . .

The girl would observe the man from her peripherals. There was no reason to turn her head for someone who wasn't going to stay long, but she'd be lying if the new faces didn't grow more interesting by the day.

"If you're looking for cyanide or  some other poison that's not on the shelf, they're in the back room.. which is for guild members only." She spoke, as if inviting him to join their ranks. After all, as the bookkeeper, she was going to be the one to add names to the list anyways. She gave a heavy sigh, before lifting one of the glasses to her lips and taking a long sip. When she lowered her hand, half of the contents would be gone.

"We're a guild." she would answer. "Fairy Tail, Lamia Scale, Phantom Lord. We're all the same, just that we are a little more secluded than they are, and we have different dealings with the city we call home." She would wait for the man to speak, if he spoke at all. Surely he would know the others, if not of them. If not, then perhaps it would be a greater challenge to just explain where he stood.

"Everyone here belongs here." She would set the half empty glass on the counter before giving a half turn to show the man her backside. She would point at the tattoo on her back. She would then turn to face him, taking up the glass again in her right hand to finish off the drink, setting the empty glass upside down on the counter.

"Everyone here bares this mark. Some have taken it the more traditional way of a stamp, while others have resorted to other ceremonial means." Bodak smiled, thinking only of Chisu and the great sacrifices she made to this place, as well as her own skin.

She could never allow anyone to sear her flesh like she did . . .

"We aren't a cult, we're a guild, and of today's status we're an organization. If you'll pledge yourself to this hall and the symbol it bears, I can allow myself, or perhaps even my relatives to assist you in accumulating a fortune." She spoke, as if she was the acting guild master, but she knew all too well that Shura would hold that place.

All that counted now, was his final reply.
Bra, Sweatpants, Towel

[ Bodak - GFX ]
#5Tecka Majora 

An Interesting-Nod-To-Respectable-Opponents, An Intro (Social, PL) Empty Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:58 am

Tecka Majora
"Guild members only...a guild, huh?"

"I've only read about such things. A support system to assist those with common goals reach further." he replied while turning toward the woman, her chocolate skin glistening in what little light reached the building's insides. "I'm not from this country, nor am i native to its language but I've managed to get the hang of it fairly quickly, as it is the only way for me to get stronger, to be better than.." For a second he thought about his family, those who'd been so long removed from his life he had forgotten his parents faces. It mattered not, they made their choice to be weak, and stay weak. For Tecka, that simply wasn't an option.

"Everyone belongs here." said the woman, sitting her half empty drink down on the glossed wood counter of the bar, her glass and the ice cube slightly floating in a circle had left a ring of condensation on the counter top. She had turned her back to Tecka, pointing to the tattoo on her lower back just polar opposite of the x shaped scar on her upper back, the marking slightly discolored than the rest of her ebony amber flesh. She turned back around, finishing her drink and turning the glass upside down once emptied, before she continued her earlier sentence. He had even seen her smile in between talking, but finished her sentence with the offer of a fortune in exchange for pledging fealty to guild and it's representative symbol.

Tecka reached over the counter top grasping the glass the woman had poured full of drink earlier, she'd even manage to keep it chilled with an ice cube, though others within the guild seemed to scoff at the sight. "Look miss, I can't say much for fortune as money has never been my drug of choice." He said before pausing to down the contents of the glass in its entirety, crushing the ice cube between his jaws afterwards.

The black haired foreigner gracefully slammed the glass onto the counter as to simulate it's loud thud, so that it may echo throughout the guilds hall without breaking the glass, though a few small cracks may have appeared along it's base. "Now, if you can help me gain the strength I seek, then I have nothing more to discuss.." Tecka then leaped onto the bar's counter top next to the glasses, raising the back of his shirt and pointing to the right side of his lower back, as a signal to wear he wanted his branding. "I accept."

#6Bodak 

An Interesting-Nod-To-Respectable-Opponents, An Intro (Social, PL) Empty Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:18 am

Bodak
Bodak Manji
Shura's Shadow
The Manji were once a noble name. They were warlords, collectors and merchants. They were held in high esteem in the country of Sin, and their religion was brought to Fiore by a long girl, who was now a grown woman. Bodak was a captured soul when the massacre happened, he watched just as Nameless did. They both saw the shift of the power and people. The once wise nobility of samurai and salesmen turned into thieves, murderers and wanderers. They were nothing like thy used to be, yet this new empire held onto a tight grip to the world than before. Bodak, was just a servant to her master.

He had downed her second drink, something she saved for herself. She was foolish to think he was one to drink straight from the bottle, but surely he was interesting. Perhaps this new stage of Phantom Lord would interest her.

He sought no fortune, perhaps the wealth of the walls and roof would be enough for him. And if he sought power, perhaps he was worthy to take even the sacred magic in his hands.

"Then you'll find your place here." she'd speak, almost laughing. The official stamp was locked away in another room. They would have to go there to finish their task.

"Humans are so interesting." she would speak under her breath. This life was worth taking.
Bra, Sweatpants, Towel

[ Bodak - GFX ]
#7Tecka Majora 

An Interesting-Nod-To-Respectable-Opponents, An Intro (Social, PL) Empty Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:06 am

Tecka Majora
Soooooo...

Tecka had sat idle on the bar top waiting for the guild symbol to be placed on his being, made apart of his essence. From what he's read of guilds, some required great sacrifices; some of self, some of others. And all for power, he was willing to sacrifice it all. This was the risk he wanted to take to gain it all, some would call it greed, others simply deep desire. The only thing left now, a single difference between talking the walk and walking the talk, whether he would present the determination to achieve the opportunities given to so few. To achieve the leisure to sacrifice. Like many things in this world, a sacrifice for power is only a privilege, no one ever determined whether it would be successful. Now that was left to fate...

Tecka turned toward the woman upon hearing her welcoming words. "Are we not sealing this deal here?" he asked with a slight tone of disappointment. Deep in his heart as cold as it'd become, he knew this was apart of walking the path to power. It even frightened him to an extent, as there were so many variables he couldn't account for, so many things calculated as possible but still a solution of dire uncertainty. He leapt off the bar top once again reaching for the bottle he'd earlier picked out and poured himself a drink inside of the slightly cracked glass, this time intending to sip on the drink rather than take it all to the head. His limit on drinking was surely approaching. After filling the glass to the brink he hadn't bothered to place the cap back onto the bottle, and placed the dark glass container on the counter for the woman to pour her own poison.

As Tecka picked the glass up off the counter, making sure not to spill even a drop, he took a few small sips and then a gulp before beginning to speak again. "I appreciate you hospitality, and yet I haven't caught your name?" He began observing the rest of the guild hall, taking it all in. "This is to be a place like home, huh?" thought the black haired young man. It was nothing like his hometown prior, for a place that's...secluded, it was much nicer than his dirtier-than-sewage hometown in a country no ones even heard of.

Tecka took another long sip from the drink, a little more than half of it remaining within the glass before continuing, "I suppose it doesn't matter if this doesn't end how either of us would picture..." he paused taking a deep breathe, and chuckled a bit at the thought; "but don't worry I plan to stay for a while here, I need the strength, and a place to stay, and some pocket change." Before he finished speaking so that he could take another gulp from his drink, another crossed his mind. Tecka figured it wouldn't be bad to add to the list of things already mentioned. "Oh, and something to call you by. You must be strong since you run this place." And if that were true, then he had to know who she was. Strength was among the few things the black haired foreigner actually respected in life.

#8Bodak 

An Interesting-Nod-To-Respectable-Opponents, An Intro (Social, PL) Empty Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:25 am

Bodak
Bodak Manji
Shura's Shadow
"Right of course. It's down the hall, sorry." Apologizing? That wasn't very normal of her. What was changing her mood?

Oh, it was the daydreaming. She listed to the words and  they bounced around her mind. She thought about taking over Phantom Lord, and perhaps she would. Everyone has an expiration date and Bodak was already past her own.

"Bodak." she said again. Perhaps he missed her name from before. Surely a lot has happen since then, and even she barely could remember his own. "I'd hate to disappoint. I'm not the guildmaster." She had to admit it, even if she wanted to take that title, it would bring her dishonor, something she couldn't remember feeling before. At least not until now.

"I'm the record keeper. All that come through those doors, going in and out, I keep track of." She'd point to where the man entered, and she would begin to walk around the bar. The both of them would head deeper into the guild, the various pawns that remained would look, but would part from their path. "Shura is the guildmaster at the moment, well acting guildmaster." She smiled at the thought of it. But even so, she adopted the bed that was once Chisu's. It was the one that opposed him, and had gone unused for a while. It was his bed that both of them lay . . .

If he would follow, she would enter a room on the right, down a hallway of random various doors that seemed to clash with the rest of the guild. They would look like new additions, but who was to say. Ceasar was an odd man.

She would open the door to reveal various inks and blades, and a single rod that lay on a counter across the room. On it burnt flesh remained, along with dried blood. Bodak knew the tale behind it, and it would never be used again.

Bodak would go to a small table that would be just by the door. It was a stamp, something clean and new, compared to the other tattoo tools from around the room.

"A preference of color?" she would ask. And she would wait to adopt this new name, to her ranks.
Bra, Sweatpants, Towel

[ Bodak - GFX ]
#9Tecka Majora 

An Interesting-Nod-To-Respectable-Opponents, An Intro (Social, PL) Empty Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:55 pm

Tecka Majora
"Your, not the guild master? I-I see."

Of course, guild masters were supposed to be all mighty, all powerful-shroud of mystery types. Perhaps she was the guild master and just pulling his leg. Then again she didn't seem like the type to kid around, no one in this guild really had, ever since Tecka had arrived at least. Then again; presumably, guilding was serious business. The thought of it was more like risking life and death for saving an ally and defeating a foe. "Well, i'm sure you're still strong. And this Shura guy, he sounds interesting. Now I've got to meet him."

'Meet' was maybe too light of a word, his real intentions lie deeper, with a simple test of strength. If he could get a measure for how powerful a guild master was, Tecka would have a bar to reach for, a standard for which he could aim to surpass. He continued to follow as Bodak led the pair through a labyrinth of doors and passages until they happened upon a single room where, come to find out; the equipment for stamping had been.

When asked about the desired color of the tattoo, his choice was anything but clear. Tecka tried to cover his indecisiveness by saying the first thing that had come to mind "A dark silver, kinda grey-ish color." He lifted his shirt, pointing toward the same exact spot he'd wanted the tattoo placed earlier. "I'm not exactly sure how this is done. Should I sit down?"

His gaze had swept across the room, though not as quickly as usual. He was inattentive of his surroundings, probably due to his excitement of joining a guild. He had so much to obtain, and so much to lose. The pleasure of such a gamble had never satisfying, but now it felt good. There was the guarantee he would meet others as strong as, if not strong than himself and that gave anything the ultimate worth. Perhaps his inattentiveness was due to the fact that he knew no other way of expressing his excitement, it wasn't a feeling he felt often.

Once Tecka snapped back to focus, his attention had immediately been drawn to the older tools for tattoo appliance. He wasn't quite sure how it slipped his line of sight when entering the room but it was of interest nonetheless. "I see this guild is a fan of keeping artifacts..." he started while eyeing the remains of human cells on the branding iron across the room. "Or just old toys."

The short young man then eyed the stamp, a look of disappointment slowly taking over his face. "Looks like the last person who used those other tools had to be strong...maybe.." He refrained from pouting before continuing, but a feeling of having to prove himself had welled deep inside of him. "I want something more testing, if possible." He wasn't all to sure about the branding, the act of getting branded he wouldn't have minded, burning flesh couldn't hinder his progress but having a symbol of something he knew very little about, seared into his flesh had left him with many questions he wanted answered beforehand.

"Maybe a traditional method of tattoo application, ink and needle just for now? After I've accommodated to being here, I want that." he proposed and nodded, gazing towards the branding iron once again with a look of determination now overwhelming his smug face. Nothing was promised, but everything possible. Clearly there was a reason everyone got tattoos instead of branding, but Tecka summed it up to weakness, not only of body, but to have the mental strength to dedicate, and pledge to something. That too was honorable.

Last edited by Tecka Majora on Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:42 am; edited 1 time in total

#10Bodak 

An Interesting-Nod-To-Respectable-Opponents, An Intro (Social, PL) Empty Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:58 am

Bodak
Bodak Manji
Shura's Shadow
"That one belongs to Chisu." She'd answer, taking the stamp in her hand. She was referring to the single branding tool, one used only a single time, on a single person, upon her request.

"She was the first, and would be the last to use it. She wanted Shura to personally brand her, using his own fire magic to heat the iron." She would move over to the inks, dipping the side of the stamp into it, cleaning the excess with the towel around her neck. She would head back to the man, lift his shirt if it hadn't been moved already, and place the symbol with ease.

"It doesn't matter what method you chose, the power is in the ink. Sure she was devoted, perhaps more than any of us, but we still had to stamp her mark after it was completed." Bodak spoke highly of the both of them. There was a reason.

"Chisu only joined Phantom Lord because of ancestral ties to Shura. I guess way back when, their ancestors worked together. " She wasn't sure why she spoke out, there was no reason to. There was no reason to explain anything.

"it's because of the both of them, that I am allowed to breathe today." She was complete. She was complete . .. .

With the stamp. It was done.
Bra, Sweatpants, Towel

[ Bodak - GFX ]
#11Tecka Majora 

An Interesting-Nod-To-Respectable-Opponents, An Intro (Social, PL) Empty Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:45 am

Tecka Majora
"Perhaps, i'd spoken out of turn."

He remarked. Even thinking back on the idea, it did seem kind of spontaneous but Tecka was excited. Actually, the first time in a long time of being excited too. But even a king has to know what the soles of a peasants slipper feel like, or so they say. The point being, a humble king is a wise king and Tecka was far from royalty. Still, it doesn't hurt to have these qualities. As his shirt was lifted to receive the stamp, he let out a slight sigh.

In swallowing his pride just this once he couldn't help but feel let down. It was almost as if he wanted to go through excruciating pain in order to receive the tattoo. Possibly because he was given very little in life, and this felt to easy, and yet he had a small feeling that it would only become far more difficult from here on out.

The Black haired foreigner continued to listen to Bodak's anecdote on the Chisu woman and the guild master Shura. He brushed his tank top down,and proceeding to question the woman. "The more that you tell me about our Guildmaster, the more I would like to meet him. Where is he currently, if you know?" He questioned as his feet slowly paced around the room while observing all it's articles. He expected for them to make their way back to the bar, where they drank earlier and would proceed to follow Bodak if she chose to do so. Otherwise he would just lay back against one of the older furniture pieces while continuing to probe the woman for answers.

Tecka had always thought it was of the utmost importance to learn about history, even if not his own.

#12Bodak 

An Interesting-Nod-To-Respectable-Opponents, An Intro (Social, PL) Empty Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:14 am

Bodak
Bodak Manji
Shura's Shadow
She would make her way back to the inks, only to open a cabinet towards the bottom  to get out a spray bottle. She would pull large trigger, wetting the stamp and the ink that remained. It was simple, but it was the method of the new age, that was how it was. And when a member left, the ink would always burn. It was their connection to the guild, as well as the land.

She would wipe off the ink with the towel and leave it on the counter, only to walk back to the man and past the doorway. They would head back to the bar for a more casual, and public manner, so all could hear her tales.

"Crocus." she would answer, "Or I would assume so. He, along with Miah, were called to defend the capital. Something I believe is evident that the council has us in some regard." She would sigh. If they remained in the room, it would be a sigh in the doorway. If at the bar, she would be on the counter, leaned against it, her shoulders crossed and her back to the bottles.

"We have to honor Ceasar's wishes, no matter how we feel, until the world presets us with a different option." She would speak, almost out of turn. She preferred to stay silent and with her nose in books. But given the chance to spread Phantom Lord's message she would continue to talk. After all, it was the guild that gave her a home.

"In short, our former master was the older brother of Blue Pegasus's. They were friends, rather than rivals, and thus we had an alliance. Our late leader is gone, it;s why we have Shura now. I'd imagine Pegasus suffers the same fate. We have no reason to be allied with them, and them with us. But if our leaders wanted us to help each other, then I think we should continue." She spoke, almost ranting. Miah and Shura both agreed to kill every mage in Crocus before they came back to the hall. It was what was best for them. They had to ensure survival, but perhaps there was a different path to dominance. To rule, not with fear, but respect.
Bra, Sweatpants, Towel

[ Bodak - GFX ]
#13Tecka Majora 

An Interesting-Nod-To-Respectable-Opponents, An Intro (Social, PL) Empty Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:54 pm

Tecka Majora
"Ceasar."

"So, he was the previous guild master? He must have been strong, but if he was bested in combat, theirs someone stronger than him. " He said, curious about the late Guild master. "What can you tell me about him? How did he die? What became of his brother? Did you know him?" Tecka was filled with an abundance of questions, and didn't show the restrain to not have them thrown out all at once. He decided to just go with two queries at a time after the initial ones could be answered. The small party made their way back to the bar, the young man had listened while returning to the cracked glass, left half full at the bar counter top and the bottle he was drinking from.

As he began to refill his glass, Tecka gathered his attention in a low toned deep inhale. Bodak was leaned against the counter top, her back to the black haired young man. As he expected her to begin giving answers, the young man would gladly listen to Bodak, the more knowledge he held, the merrier he'd be. Simultaneously, he would start pondering more questions he'd wanted answered while sucking down the alcohol, gulps at a time. His buzz was fading, and he'd quite enjoyed the feeling of drinking. In the past he was never too fond of it but, if he's able to control the amount he consumes then he wont make a fool of himself in his newly joined guild.

Alcohol is just liquid courage, here now, gone later.

#14Bodak 

An Interesting-Nod-To-Respectable-Opponents, An Intro (Social, PL) Empty Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:37 am

Bodak
Bodak Manji
Shura's Shadow
"It doesn't matter what power you hold. If someone holds a magic that bests itself in your weakness, coupled with cheap tricks, you'll never have the upperhand." It was true, but it was not the case for their former master. For now, she would leave parts out. She was none to tell a tale that echoed from second hand accounts.

"From what I know, after he gave his life to save his brother, his brother was killed after. We don't have an answer as none of their members have told us the truth yet." She would sigh, turning around to take a bottle off the counter, drinking it straight. She had no muse to continue her life like this. She was bound to this hall. It was her task, and it was one she would be proud of. She was no shrine maiden and had no need to turn tricks and odd jobs. She simply lived in this private city that lived under the name of Phantom Lord.

"I came long after he was gone. I can only tell you what Chisu and Shura have told  and recorded." And that much was true. She had texts stacked up of all of Chisu's history. She had taken the time to record her entire life story before departing. She knew the reason, but it was not one she would repeat to Shura. He would find out in time. Perhaps if he had the mind to ask, she would tell him, but for now, he was no longer in Oak. He had business elsewhere.
Bra, Sweatpants, Towel

[ Bodak - GFX ]
#15Tecka Majora 

An Interesting-Nod-To-Respectable-Opponents, An Intro (Social, PL) Empty Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:37 pm

Tecka Majora
"Huh, I suppose that too is a type of strength"

Tecka replied. It was almost poetic, listening to Bodak's talks of the guild, it's member, and their history altogether. He raised his glass to his mouth downing most of the drink, before coming to a halt. He placed his glass down onto the bar top before continuing his line of questions. "So, I keep hearing about Chisu woman. What's her relation to all this?" He pondered to Bodak. Surely his line of questions were getting annoying, and even if they hadn't he had made plans to go out and find a place to stay, but more than likely he would return. A place this open, and in tune with his person. He couldn't help but come back, and when it boiled down to it he was a member. He had an obligation to uphold, he gave his word and wouldn't falter in keeping it. "You don't have to go into detail if i'm starting to pester you. I have to find a place to take rest for the night anyway." He remarked a bit dismissively, although his desire to know hadn't wavered.

After receiving his answer or reply, depending on whether Bodak would give him an answer, he would still thank her for the drinks, before beginning to make his way out of the guild. Just then, as he neared the exit, Tecka realized that he had no knowledge of Oak town, and upon leaving truly wouldn't know where to go. He turned to ask the woman,
"Actually, do you know any nearby places where i could rent a room?"

#16Bodak 

An Interesting-Nod-To-Respectable-Opponents, An Intro (Social, PL) Empty Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:28 am

Bodak
Bodak Manji
Shura's Shadow
"My full name is Bodak Manji-Ki. Chisu Manji, is both the lord of my clan as well as my mother, in a sense." It was weird to say outloud, even though she thought of it every day since. "Through her, Phantom Lord has a network to other guilds and people, outside of Phantom Lord's own policy and plans." It almost soudned corrupt, but sometimes you needed to play your enemies to get to the places you needed. It always paid off when you knew everyone else's moves first.

As for the new recruit, she figured it was time to put this day to an end. She had some things to clean up and plans to finalize. It was her job to prepare for things that would never come, just in case. For now, she would focus on the Phantom Council as well as official guild master bussiness.

"You can find any open room upstairs." she would tell the man. "If it's empty and the door's open, it's yours, the keys will probably be on the desk or bed inside." Bodak knew well enough that there was plenty of rooms availible. There was the one that opposed her own, as well as the various owns further down the hall. Their quarters were free, it was the benefits of the guild. As he would get settled, she would find her own bussiness to take care of.

"We can continue the conversation tomorrow if you wish. I'm sure you'll be needing things for your room anyways, so we can go into town and see what we can find for you." She'd smile, "I don't think Shura will mind if I spend a bit of the guild funds."

And when he would leave, so would she. . . to wherever.
Bra, Sweatpants, Towel

[ Bodak - GFX ]
#17Tecka Majora 

An Interesting-Nod-To-Respectable-Opponents, An Intro (Social, PL) Empty Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:30 pm

Tecka Majora
"Sure."

He replied while walking towards one of the staircases in the back corner of the guild.
"Thanks again, Bodak." Although he was already near the guilds exit/entrance when she told him about the rooms upstairs, it was a good thing that he hadn't actually left outside of the guild to search for a place to stay before hearing the woman's offer. His original intention to was just find any old place to rest, he'd been near dead tired but the addition of alcohol made him forget about all of his ailments. Now he'd been simply been tired.

Upon hearing her offer to go shopping tomorrow he was a bit surprised, at least he believed it was an offer, and would appreciate it as such. "I guess it comes with being in a guild now." he thought. Before climbing the stairs to go on a search for a room to retire for the evening, he'd waved at the woman without looking back, a simple nod of his hand. Once atop the first set of stairs, he hadn't planned on nor felt like ascending higher. Tecka walked down the narrow hall, looking at the doors to the left and right until he decided on one of the rooms towards the middle of the hall on the leftward side. Upon opening the door he had seen a personal sized bed and a wooden desk with a chair accompanying it.

His first thought of course was to simply pass out on the bed, and he did just that slamming the door to his new room shut.

-exit-

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum