Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Gentleman's Quandary [Assama]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Rowan Vincent 

A Gentleman's Quandary [Assama] Empty Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:09 pm

Rowan Vincent
Rowan scratched the back of his head, and let out a sigh. Even in the brisk autumn weather he still felt stifled due to his surroundings. Crocus had never been his favorite locale, thanks especially to the presence of the Rune Knights. It was a shame he had been forced to make a stop in the city, but a part of him still had high hopes that he could make the best of it. The endeavor towards a better experience was proving rather difficult, however, thanks to the lack of interesting people in the city to begin with. Not a single person drew his interest, and without interest he was simply another well dressed citizen. With a tug of his black tie the blonde let out another sigh as he continued his stroll through the park.

Unfortunately, even his closest companion had skipped out on him for the afternoon, and he had no idea where she might have gotten off to. This left Rowan at a slight disadvantage. He was naturally drawn to conversation, and without such stimulation he felt as stifled as he had been as a young man. He did not enjoy the feeling. Pulling off to one side of the path to stand under a tree with now red leaves he considered lighting a cigarette. He got as far as placing one in his lips before deciding against it and returning it to the package. Better to not waste such a thing without occasion.

A Gentleman's Quandary [Assama] KvtGhgg
#2Assama Sinclair 

A Gentleman's Quandary [Assama] Empty Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:06 am

Assama Sinclair
Assama walked through the streets of Crocus, her sweater scooped low enough to show her the Lamia Scale symbol on her collarbone. She wrinkled her nose and sniffed uncomfortably as the scent of autumn became ever-so prominent. Autumn, though beautiful, was her least favorite season. She didn't mind the chill. She was used to it. She just wasn't used to all the pollen blowing around and the strong smells that came with it. She didn't know that if the smells were as strong to other people or if it was just her being a Dragon Slayer, but bottom line, she didn't like it one bit. It was even worse that she was in the middle of a crowd, noises echoing all around her. She was on her way to see the Domus Flau, but now she just wanted some peace and quiet.

So, she retreated to a small gathering of trees away from the crowd. The only problem was that a man was near her smoking. However, being near someone was better than being near nobody, even if it was kind of gross. Smoking wasn't bothered by smoking as much anymore. She had grown semi-used to it from her time at Lamia Scale.

Well, it was getting awkward with no conversation going, so Assama decided to strike one up. "Is this your first time in Crocus?" she asked the blonde man.

A Gentleman's Quandary [Assama] Xw4RJjG
#3Rowan Vincent 

A Gentleman's Quandary [Assama] Empty Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:38 am

Rowan Vincent
Rowan flipped the cap on his silver lighter a few times more before placing it back in his jacket pocket alongside his cigarettes. As he stood and watched the crowds from afar he could only wonder what these people might be up to. He had never understood the hustle and bustle of the city. Everyone was always in such a rush to get from something pointless to nothing at all, and he couldn't appreciate such a lifestyle. His eyes narrowed for an instant as his thoughts roamed back to the times before his current occupation, and it made him shudder internally.

His attention was soon drawn away from the crowds as a young woman joined him under the shade of the tree. Rowan, being a gentleman, offered a smile and a polite nod of his head to the young woman. He did not speak at first as he was unclear as to whether she even expected or desired such from him. However, after a moment of silence the woman spoke up and offered him a question. "Not at all, miss. There was a time in my youth when I would walk these streets, but such times are behind me. If I may ask, have you been to Crocus prior to this visit?" Something about the woman made Rowan quite curious, and upon closer inspection he took notice of the tattoo on her collarbone. With a practiced hand he straightened out his jacket in a way that quickly flashed his own similar marking on the back of his left hand.

#4Assama Sinclair 

A Gentleman's Quandary [Assama] Empty Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:15 am

Assama Sinclair
A smile graced Assama's lips as the man answered her question. Apparently he's been to Crocus before, but only in his youth. Perhaps he was coming back for memories or just wanted to get out. Albeit a bit loud for Assama's liking, Crocus was a nice town. The man asked Assama the same thing in return. "Mhm, this is my first time and- oh!" she cut off as she saw Lamia Scale's tattoo emblazoned on his left hand. "I can't believe I didn't recognize you. Maybe we just didn't see each other in the guild hall?" she offered, not having a good explanation as to why she didn't know this man. She was quite social and made sure to be social within the guild, but now she wondered how many people she had yet to notice.

"Well, my name's Assama," she said holding out her hand. She may as well introduce herself, because who knows? She may end up working with this man on a request or two in the future.

#5Rowan Vincent 

A Gentleman's Quandary [Assama] Empty Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:40 am

Rowan Vincent
Rowan allowed a smile to cross his face as well, and with his left hand he shook Assama's own. He gave a half bow as they greeted each other. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Lady Assama. I am Rowan Vincent, at your service." As he released her hand he straightened his tie with one hand. His mind wandered for a moment as he tried to place Assama among people he had met before, but no face came to mind. Despite his attendance in Lamia Scale he had met very few of his comrades in arms since he had joined. He stowed away the thoughts for the moment as he turned his attention back to the young woman.

"I'm afraid it would be quite difficult for us to have met before. I've only ever visited the guild hall in passing before leaving to search for places to utilize my skills." Rowan had only ever met the guild master when it had come down to joining Lamia Scale in the first place, and he had been very reluctant to stick around the hall when there was work to be done at the time. "Still, it is good to meet you sooner rather than later, Lady Assama."

#6Assama Sinclair 

A Gentleman's Quandary [Assama] Empty Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:10 am

Assama Sinclair
"Well aren't you a gentleman," she mused. Bow and all, he was being quite formal, perhaps a little too formal to a fellow guild member, but it was nice to see him break Lamia Scale's stereotypes. She did prefer to see a gentleman over a drunk man with tattoos all over his body.

Rowan went on to say that it would have been hard for them to have met. Apparently he's only really visited the guild hall instead of actually staying in there to chat with the members. So maybe Assama knew more guild members than she had originally thought. Perhaps he was just one of the few people she had yet to meet.

Rowan said that it was nice to meet her sooner rather than later, and addressed her as Lady Assama. She liked that. "Likewise," she replied, keeping up with the formal tone Rowan was setting. "What do you like to do most in Crocus?" she asked, hoping Rowan would give her some ideas of what to do while she was here.

#7Rowan Vincent 

A Gentleman's Quandary [Assama] Empty Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:27 pm

Rowan Vincent
Rowan tugged at his goatee for a moment while he pondered Asaama's question. It had been many years since he had set foot in Crocus, and his memories of the place weren't exactly the best given the situation. Back then he had been a different person. He had still been enamored with the city lifestyle, and the bright lights and sounds drew him from the countryside without fail. Nowadays he could hardly stand the stench of fancy perfumes and the clinking of fine china, and the mere thought of interacting with the higher ups in the city again made his stomach churn. Still, he could recall a few fond moments from his time among the citizens if he thought hard enough.

"Well, Lady Assama, my favorite pastime while in the city tends to be a trip to the local market. Only there can you see the true heart and soul of the town that we are in, after all." He neglected to say why he felt as such, but Rowan felt no need to drown this young lady in his feelings about the aristocracy and their flunkies at present.

#8Assama Sinclair 

A Gentleman's Quandary [Assama] Empty Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:29 pm

Assama Sinclair
Rowan informed Assama that his favorite thing to do in Crocus was to go to the market. Assama had yet to go there and her adventurous spirit begged her to go. "Would you like to show me there? I haven't been yet," Assama said, hoping that he would. She wanted to look at more of Crocus and spend some more time with Rowan. Though if he didn't feel like it, she would be fine with doing something else too. For all she cared, they could just stand right there and chat until one of them figured that they had something else better to do, go off on a request, or something like that.

#9Rowan Vincent 

A Gentleman's Quandary [Assama] Empty Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:48 pm

Rowan Vincent
Rowan beamed with excitement. He had not expected to find new company while in the city, but he had no intention of spurring it. "I most certainly would enjoy a trip to the market with you, Lady Assama. Allow me to show you the way." With that, the blonde gentleman set off towards the center of the city. As he walked he couldn't help but look around for a few moments in search of his friend, but all hope of sighting her seemed to have vanished with her. "What a shame," He whispered to himself. "I'm sure she would have liked to meet Assama."

Turning his attention back to his gracious company he offered the turn of conversation to her with a new question. "So then, Lady Assama, what caused you to join Lamia Scale, if you do not mind the query. I'm sure that our reasons were different, and I would be remiss if I did not inquire more about such a kind young woman as yourself." He ended his statement with a soft smile.

#10Assama Sinclair 

A Gentleman's Quandary [Assama] Empty Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:50 am

Assama Sinclair
Assama was delighted that Rowan agreed to show her the way to the market. Though, something wasn't quite right. It looked as if Rowan was looking for something. Assama was about to ask him about it when he whispered something incoherent to himself, so she decided that it was best not to pry.

Rowan kept at it, calling Assama "Lady Assama." Only now, he wanted to know why she joined Lamia Scale. He still managed to end such a simple question with an air of elegance, a light compliment, and a nice smile. "Well, I wanted to join a guild because it was an opportunity that nobody else in my family got. Lamia Scale was the first guild that opened up to me and, well, I just felt at home there. How about you? In all honesty, a gentleman like you would have fit perfectly into Blue Pegasus."

#11Rowan Vincent 

A Gentleman's Quandary [Assama] Empty Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:21 pm

Rowan Vincent
Rowan considered Assama's words carefully. He had given some thought to joining a guild in the past, but his specific choice had been more nuanced than he cared to admit. In some ways, perhaps, he had been lying to himself before he had fallen in with the rough and tumble group he had found in Lamia Scale. Assama seemed far more simplistic with her reasoning, and he respected that completely. He wondered what kind of person he might be if he had the same outlook. However, he was still his own person in the end, and not everything could be as he wanted it.

"Well," He said after a few moments. "I suppose you're right. After all, Blue Pegasus is famous for people quite similar to myself. But we differ in more ways than we are similar. I wish to be known not for my looks and upper crust mannerisms, but for my strength and willingness to help others. I experienced the high life of the aristocrats once before, and I can tell you, Lady Assama, that that is not who I desire to be." He paused for a moment before speaking again. "I feel as though I didn't truly answer your question. The reason I joined Lamia Scale is because I wish to be able to do right by those who have been wronged, and also to experience all the wonderful things the world has to offer me."

#12Assama Sinclair 

A Gentleman's Quandary [Assama] Empty Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:57 pm

Assama Sinclair
Assama listened carefully to what Rowan had said. He did agree that Blue Pegasus was famous for men like him, but he didn't want to be known for that. He thought it would be better to be known for strength and goodness. Assama agreed. Though she wasn't naturally charming and proper like Rowan, she didn't think that she would want to be known for being that either. But anyway, there was more to it than that. Rowan wanted to right what was wrong and wanted to experience the world. Assama nodded her head in agreement. That too, was one of the reasons she had for joining a guild. She was sure that other guilds could have given opportunities to see the world too, so it wasn't one of her reasons to join Lamia Scale exclusively.

"So... you mentioned that you want to be known for strength? How's that going for you?" She wanted to see how powerful the rest of her guild was. Admittedly, she hasn't gotten to see much action within the guild. She only knew of her own strengths and her own magic. Though doubtful, for all she knew, she may not be the only Dragon Slayer in the guild.

#13Rowan Vincent 

A Gentleman's Quandary [Assama] Empty Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:14 pm

Rowan Vincent
Rowan laughed softly at Assama's new query. There were a few ways he might answer the question, but he wasn't sure which would be satisfactory. "I feel as if that is a deeper question than I realize, Lady Assama, but I'll answer as best I can. Unlike others, maybe even unlike you, I have very little to offer in terms of magical power save for a few tricks. In truth, I rely on the help of others. More specifically, I rely on the aid of magical creatures. In fact, my closest friend is one of them, but she appears to have scampered off again as she often does."

Rowan then paused as he took note of their surroundings. "It would seem we have arrived." He said with a smile. His gaze was soon drawn to the various stalls and shops that lined the street of the market district. In between window shopping he offered up his own inquiry. "What of you, Lady Assama? How goes your quest for strength?"

#14Assama Sinclair 

A Gentleman's Quandary [Assama] Empty Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:45 pm

Assama Sinclair
Assama was actually surprised to hear that Rowan was lacking in magical strength. Though, she did think that it was neat for him to have a magical creature by his side to help him in battle. She knew that she certainly would have liked one. She wouldn't even care if it was magical or not. It was always nice to have someone or something to keep you company.

It wasn't long before they arrived at the market. Assama looked from left to right with great interest as they passed a variety of stalls and shop widows each selling something different than the next. She was so caught up in looking at everything to buy that she almost didn't hear Rowan's question. "Oh, um... I suppose that it's going pretty well. I don't have any animal friends like you do, but I do have some magic up my sleeve. I've just got to improve it... a lot." It wasn't like she was considered a beginner, but she wasn't advanced either. She was in the mid-range of mages at the moment. She was close to breaking through the next power gap though. She could feel it. Just a little more training and she would be considered one of the stronger mages of the guild. "Ohhh that looks good," Assama said, her eyes drawn to a stall selling a vibrant array of candies. "Do you like sweets?"

#15Rowan Vincent 

A Gentleman's Quandary [Assama] Empty Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:25 pm

Rowan Vincent
Rowan nodded as he walked alongside his new acquaintance. He could understand her desire to grow stronger even though their reasons came from different ends, he suspected. He followed her along while she did her own window shopping until they came to a stall selling various candies. The myriad of colors evoked a sense of pleasantry around the stall, and when asked if he partook in sweets Rowan cofirmed her thoughts. "Indeed I do, and I would be glad to share a few with you if I may, Lady Assama." From within his jacket he withdrew a small wallet, and handed over a few jewels to the man running the stall. "Pick what you want, and I shall do the same." With that he selected his own treats, and immediately popped a small candy in his mouth. The taste was exquisite, and the lemon flavor tugged at his taste buds in good ways.

#16Assama Sinclair 

A Gentleman's Quandary [Assama] Empty Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:53 pm

Assama Sinclair
(OOC: I'm so sorry! I didn't even see you post >.>)

Rowan seemed as though he liked the idea of grabbing a few sweets and even paid for them. He really was a gentleman, wasn't he. Assama thanked him and selected a few types of mints. After she was done she stuck a peppermint stick into her mouth while Rowan popped in a candy of his own selection. "You know, you don't have to refer to me as Lady Assama all the time. We're just guild mates," Assama commented. Though it was nice the first couple times, lately it was getting to be a bit redundant. Again, as she said, they were just guild mates. If she was someone of a much higher social status, then that was something understandable. If anything though, Rowan was probably higher up on the social hierarchy than Assama was, which just made it even more awkward of a situation.

#17Rowan Vincent 

A Gentleman's Quandary [Assama] Empty Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:04 am

Rowan Vincent
Rowan dusted a few candy shards from his jacket as he finished his last one. When Assama brought up his mannerisms he wasn't truly surprised. It was mostly a formality that he extended, and he could understand how she might be uncomfortable with it. "Perfectly understandable. I assume Assama will do then?"

After the stop by the candy stall Rowan was interested in seeing the rest of the market, and so he continued his window shopping down the street. He turned back to Assama to see how she was getting along every so often, and after a few minutes he decided to bring up a new topic. "So then, Assama, if I may ask, where are you from?"

#18Assama Sinclair 

A Gentleman's Quandary [Assama] Empty Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:20 pm

Assama Sinclair
Assama was glad that he had agreed to just refer to her as Assama. She would feel that they were having a much more casual conversation. "Yup, Assama's just fine," she said with a smile, more from the relief of the formalities, but partly just to be nice in general.

A few minutes passed of silent window shopping. She saw souvenirs, cute outfits, scented candles, even more candy stalls, and other countless things. She had gotten so caught up in shopping that she didn't even think to chat with Rowan until he asked her a question. He asked where she was from. "Oh," she began, turning to face him. "I'm from Myras. How about you?"

#19Rowan Vincent 

A Gentleman's Quandary [Assama] Empty Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:27 pm

Rowan Vincent
Rowan listened well while Assama informed him of her own place of birth, and he found it quite interesting how the two of them had grown up rather close to one another. When she returned the favor and asked for his own past he made no attempt to deceive her. "Well, I grew up in a small village on the outskirts of the Worth Woodsea. The place was pretty new back then, but it was a fine place to raise a child, or so my parents must have thought. My father was a farmer just like everyone else out there, and it was from him that I learned how to care for animals. In a way, he made me the man I am today." He smiled at the thought, and felt glad that he had been able to speak frankly with Assama.

#20Assama Sinclair 

A Gentleman's Quandary [Assama] Empty Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:44 pm

Assama Sinclair
Assama was surprised that Rowan had grown up not too far from her. He was literally just down the mountainside. Only, he probably wouldn't even have thought of coming up to visit Myras. It was a cold and icy hike that people most likely wouldn't like to endure unless they either had an adventurous soul or wanted to visit a family member or perhaps a good friend.

Assama listened as Rowan talked about the small town he grew up in. It was new and his father was nothing more than a farmer. That's how Rowan grew to be so fond of animals. Though now she wondered how he became such a proper man. Since he grew up around a lot of farmers, it only seemed natural that he too took on the rural traditions the farmers set and continue them, but instead he became a mage of Lamia Scale. "That's actually very interesting," Assama said, a genuine tone of surprise in her voice. Her eyes drifted up to the sky briefly and then back at Rowan. Time was passing and there were still things she wanted to do today... preferably alone. She meant no offense to Rowan, but Crocus was getting a bit too loud for her liking and she was starting to get a headache that would only grow the longer she stood out in this noise. "It was really nice meeting you Rowan, but I need to go. I'll see ya around the guild hall some time," Assama said with a small wave good-bye and a friendly smile spread across her face as she left the market, still feeling guilty that she left Rowan like that, but she did have to take care of herself, especially in a simple situation like this.

[Exit]

#21Rowan Vincent 

A Gentleman's Quandary [Assama] Empty Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:05 pm

Rowan Vincent
Rowan was a bit surprised by Assama's sudden leave, but he expected it. He waved a contented goodbye as she left and continued to mosey around the market. As his eyes scanned the various goods he could only hope that he would meet Assama again someday, and by then he hoped to be as strong as he had spoken of. Odds were that he would only appear in Orchidia sparingly if work called him elsewhere, but he would remember Assama's name should she reappear in his life. With his hands in his jacket pockets he strolled out of the market, whistling a low tune to himself as he went.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum