Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sign Me Up [Quest]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Vesper 

Sign Me Up [Quest] Empty Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:52 pm

Vesper
Vesper was sipping his coffee in the early morning after setting out little treats for any hungry guild members, trying desperately to shake the sleepiness from his bones. He'd taken a few days to rest, but found it no easier to get back into things. He's listless - lost on what to do with his day. He slurps, blinking in a daze at the notice board until he finds a familiar name listed on a piece of parchment. Mr. Holiday! Oh, wow it's been quite a while since I've visited the beach. This was an urgent request and in all honesty, one Vesper would have taken regardless. He thinks the change of scenery with a familiar face will do him good.

He exits the guild hall with a spring in his step, adjusting his tie so it's not too restraining and hurries along to that sparkling shoreline. Ah, It's just as gorgeous with every visit - one of the perks of living in a port town. But, now is not the time to take in the brilliant effervescence and refreshing fragrance of the sea. Every step leaves a fleeting footprint that's soon washed away by the wind and waves as he nears Mr. Holiday's gym. The bodybuilder was hard at work as always, lifting heavy weights with ease, not even breaking a sweat as he greets a familiar face with a hearty laugh. "Hey, Hey, Ves! You here for the job? Nice, nice! Alright, champ - I'd do it myself under any other circumstance, but gotta work on my gains, brah. I have the application already filled out, I just need you to deliver it." He lifts his bar to rest and stands to step out and point to the boy's destination.

Vesper takes the parchment, and bows. "Leave it to me, Mr. Holiday~" A promise in a smile.

[306]

#2Vesper 

Sign Me Up [Quest] Empty Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:33 am

Vesper
Ves realized pretty quickly that he'd have to make a mad dash to make it in time to complete his quest. He stops, kneeling down to stretch, twisting his body into tight curls before warming up his legs. His formal clothes were a bit of a nuisance, hindered by such restrictive attire. It was uncomfortable and far too suffocating in the sweltering heat that came with the apex of the midday sun. "Ah, screw it!" Ves folds the parcel into a neat little square and pockets it before tearing off his vest and button-up shirt. The sun is far more forgiving now - a warm blanket that harmonizes with the cool breeze and the boy is no confined to such strict shackles.

He takes off into a light jog that slowly heats up, picking up the pace with each passing moment. He wanted to get to the registration as soon as possible to avoid any last second delays with waiting in line. This would not come without obstacle of course. The first of many being the children littered across the beach, playing in the sand without a care in the world. "Excuse me! Coming Through!" He accelerates, leaping over sand castles and kids burying each other under mountains of sand alike. Another common sight at the beach were the teenagers - typically delinquents, lounging about and partying. Just as common of a hazard - spread about like a minefield. But, Vesper was focused on the task at hand and easily evaded their space and the ire that would surely befall him should he trigger this particular tripwire. The last and perhaps most perilous adversary on his journey; the elderly. Vesper was always taught to respect his elders, but even he found it difficult to not feel aggravated and even aggrieved by the numerous roadblocks of elderly folks sluggishly trailing along like dynamic roadblocks.

Even with conquering all of these obstacles, Ves is forced to stand in line surrounded in men even sweatier than he, breathing ragged with equivalent mental exhaustion. He wants to just dive headfirst into the sand and nap. It might honestly be the worst part. To just sit still and motionless after working up such a sweat. Time seems to drag on and on, but finally, after what feels like a lifetime it's finally time for him to turn in Mr. Holiday's application. It all goes so swimmingly of course, the client was diligent, but then it dawns on Ves that if he wanted to get paid... He'd have to make the journey across the beach all over again. He sets out with a sigh, jogging along as if carried by the sea-breeze until he makes it to where he stashed his clothes and then back to Mr. Holiday. Exhausted but fulfilled. It just feels nice to help others. To have the man be so thankful, smiling so warmly, all the while slapping his back with friendly praise. This is what makes getting out of bed worth it.

At least that's how Vesper saw it.

[512]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum