Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Awakening [Solo]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Falon'Din 

Awakening [Solo] Empty Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:32 pm

Falon'Din
An audible grunt was heard as a thick pile of vines fell to the ground. A young elf, with a hood over his head, took a deep sigh and leaned up against a tree. Standing upright on the ground beside him was the makeshift machete he used to get through the area. From his rucksack, he pulled out a water canteen and took a long drink as water dripped from the sides of his mouth. He wipes the sweat from his brow as he places the canteen back in his rucksack and continues forward. He was tired and desperately hoped that today would be the day that he would find what he sought. Hours passed and the sun began to set, a disappointed look appeared on the face of the elf. Today was just another failure. Time, however, was of the essence as this was no area for him to be aimlessly wandering around at night.

WC: 156

#2Falon'Din 

Awakening [Solo] Empty Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:33 pm

Falon'Din
While he was more than capable of defending himself, the creatures here were ruthless. They would stop at nothing to obtain their meal and the young elf did not want to be what stood in their way or their target. As he begins to turn around, he sees a structure off in the distance. From what he could gather, it looked like the remains of what could be a ruined civilization. His eyes perk up at the revelation, thinking that this was either what he sought or at least a place to take refuge once night fell. With renewed hope, the elf continues forward. Another audible grunt was heard as he swipes down the final blockage of vines between him and his destination. As he fully escapes the vines, he looks at his surroundings in awe. A civilization lost to time as numerous ruined buildings lined the area. Vines made their way through the structures, becoming the pillars that held them up.

WC: 162

#3Falon'Din 

Awakening [Solo] Empty Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:34 pm

Falon'Din
The elf moves slowly through the area, taking a few brief moments to peer inside the buildings as he passes. His search, however, did not bear fruit. The young elf sighs despondently as he moves towards a building he decided would be a suitable place to rest for the evening. Suddenly, he feels it. A presence that seemed so foreign and yet…so familiar. “That’s it!” the elf exclaims as he runs towards where he feels the presence. Deeper and deeper he moves throughout the area until he spots his destination. A tree, many times the size of the elf, sat in the middle of the ruined village. At the base of the tree, wrapped in vines, was the target the young elf sought: Falon’Din. He slowly moves towards the sealed individual, hands trembling in a combination of nervousness and excitement. It wouldn’t be long now before he could complete one of his master’s last wishes.

WC: 155

#4Falon'Din 

Awakening [Solo] Empty Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:36 pm

Falon'Din
He kneels down towards the sealed elf and stares at the being before him. “They look so similar…” he whispers. He takes out a bone dagger from his rucksack and quickly slashes the palm of his hand. As blood begins to trickle, he wipes some blood on the sealed elf’s head and proceeds to recite a chant in his native elven tongue. Green magical energy begins to swirl around the two before quickly fading as fast as it came. “Did it work?” the young elf says as he stands up to survey his work. The sealed elf remained in the same position, causing the young elf to swear. “Why didn’t it work?!” he says in frustration. He attempts his ritual once more and, upon receiving the same result, angrily begins to head towards the location he found to rest. As he arrives and begins to pace around, attempting to figure out his next move, he hears a low guttural growl. To his horror, he sees a large troll-like creature slowly lurching towards him.

WC: 173

#5Falon'Din 

Awakening [Solo] Empty Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:36 pm

Falon'Din
Shit…” the elf swears as he pulls out the dagger and the machete. While he was able to easily handle most creatures, this was a different story. Even with his magic, this behemoth would be a problem. The troll-like creature roars before charging, surprising the young elf with its deceptively fast speed. He barely has time to bring his weapons up in an attempt to block the creature’s massive strike with its hand. The impact of the blow sends him flying backwards, easily snapping his weapons in two. The elf lands on the ground with a sickening thud, the wind quickly being forced out of him. He struggles to take a deep breath as he attempts to right himself, immediately falling back down to the ground. He could hear the booming footsteps of the lumbering creature as he cursed his uselessness. The creature’s shadow completely overtakes his as it raises its hand, ready to deliver the finishing blow.

WC: 158

#6Falon'Din 

Awakening [Solo] Empty Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:37 pm

Falon'Din
Master…I’m sorry.” he says as he closes his eyes, ready to accept his fate. His eyes remained closed, expecting the blow to land, but the blow never came. In its place was a frigid chill that reached down to his very core. The young elf opens his eyes to see the creature completely frozen in place, its frozen hand mere inches from his face. The elf stares in bewilderment as he slowly moves his hand to touch the frozen creature out of curiosity. As his fingertips touch the frozen creature, it unexpectedly shatters, causing the elf to scoot back in shock. As the ice shards of the former creature rain down on the ground, the young elf sees a figure standing what would have been directly behind the creature. The once sealed elf stood, slowly bringing his hand down and glared at the elf on the ground. “It worked…” the elf whispers with a smile on his face. “Who are you?”

WC: 161

#7Falon'Din 

Awakening [Solo] Empty Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:39 pm

Falon'Din
Slowly, the young elf stands up as he notices the other elf was still on guard. While he seemed to have spared his life from ending at the hands of the creature, the impression the older elf gave off warned him that he’d do the deed himself if he felt it necessary. “My name is Valendrian. I am from Yerentheas.” “Yerentheas!?” the older elf exclaims, all hints of malice fading from his face upon hearing the name of his home. His muscles relax as he stumbles back, quickly attempting to catch himself. Valendrian rushes over, helping the elder elf right himself before leading him to sit down nearby. “I can explain things but I must ask, what do you remember?” As the elder elf eases into his seat, he closes his eyes as the memories of the past come flooding in. The centuries he spent with his family, the memories of his wife. The war with the invading humans that claimed most of his family and his subsequent wandering and sealing years later. “How long has it been?” he says after a long pause, eyes still closed.

WC: 187

#8Falon'Din 

Awakening [Solo] Empty Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:41 pm

Falon'Din
It’s been a century since you were sealed. The year is x795.” The elder elf hears the words but struggles to process it. Another century of his life…gone. He takes a deep sigh, composing himself from the moment, before finally opening his eyes. “ I would assume that you are the reason for my release. For that, you have my thanks. How did you know where to find me…Valendrian was it?” he says. Valendrian’s expression changes to one of sorrow as he looks down towards the ground. What he was going to say was hard but he knew that the man before him needed to know. “I am the retainer of the clan leader. Unfortunately, our village is no more. More or less ruins like the one we find ourselves in. After the attack, we never truly recovered. Everyone went their separate ways and eventually integrated into other villages. All by myself and our leader.

WC: 154

#9Falon'Din 

Awakening [Solo] Empty Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:43 pm

Falon'Din
Our village leader, Dirthamen, never gave up his search for you. He always believed that you were still alive. Near the end of his life, he found proof that you were. On his deathbed, one of his last wishes was to find you.” “Dirthamen…” the elder elf says as his voice waivers. Memories of his brother, all those centuries ago, flood in causing a tear to drop from his right eye. Sighing, the elder elf stands up and begins to exit the building they resided in. “Where are you going?” Valendrian says as he stands up and attempts to follow. A green, almost ethereal glow, envelopes the elder elf as he slowly lifts off the ground. He hovers, just slightly, above Valendrian’s head. Valendrian stands in awe as he watches the display, noting to himself that the rumors were true. It was telekinesis but seeing it applied this way was astounding. “I’m going to visit my family.” he says before he takes off in the direction of the village.

WC: 169

#10Falon'Din 

Awakening [Solo] Empty Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:44 pm

Falon'Din
Before long, the elder elf finds himself in the ruins of Yerentheas. The sight of the once proud village in such a destroyed and abandoned state shook the elf to his core. He walked around in a somber silence, seeing the downed landmarks and remembering how it once was. Emotions bubble inside of him as he makes his way to the remains of his old home. Body trembling, he cautiously moves inside and sees the ruined state of it. He closes his eyes, remembering the prosperous times the place once had. The laughter and joy that filled the room and spread throughout the village. He felt a lump form in his throat as he quickly exited, not wanting to desecrate the home with the vomit that came immediately after he exited the threshold. He takes a moment to compose himself before finding himself absentmindedly walking towards a destination he dreaded to visit, the graveyard.

WC: 154

#11Falon'Din 

Awakening [Solo] Empty Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:46 pm

Falon'Din
He stands behind the gates, noting that the graveyard looked like it had been taken care of. He briefly wondered if Valendrian was the cause of it, a question that was quickly confirmed as he saw a freshly dug gravesite. Thanks to his earlier conversation, he immediately knew who it was. “Brother…” he says as he gently pats the headstone before moving towards his parents’ resting place. He stares intently at the three, the memories of his youth flooding in. The respect he held for his father, the love he received from his mother, the fights and wisdom he received from his brother. A smile forms across his face as he remembers the good times. Unfortunately, the smile fades as he spots the fourth and final grave he sought. It was the one grave he dreaded visiting the most, the one that he knew would hurt the worst. It was the grave of his wife, Nesiara, and their unborn child.

WC: 160

#12Falon'Din 

Awakening [Solo] Empty Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:47 pm

Falon'Din
Slowly, he moves towards the grave and lays down beside it. He stares longingly at the moon in the sky before beginning to speak. “Hello, my love. I’m so sorry it has taken me so long to see you. I would apologize about how I could not protect you..protect you both and how I’d want nothing but revenge but I know you’d only tell me to stop. You’d bop me on the head and flash that damned smile. I’m all alone now and I don’t know what to do.” As he says this, the tears he struggled to keep in all this time finally flows freely. The elf silently sobs as he drifts off to sleep. Hours later, the sun’s rays hit his face; its warm touch gently soothing him awake. He glances around and sees a blanket draped over him. “Valendrian…” he says as he picks himself up and folds the blanket. He looks at his wife’s grave once more and flashes a brief smile before departing back towards the ruined buildings.

WC: 174

#13Falon'Din 

Awakening [Solo] Empty Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:48 pm

Falon'Din
He enters the house of the clan leader, knowing that his brother would have likely taken this place as his own once he ascended to the position, and finds Valendrian inside. The young elf sat at a table sharpening arrows as he warmly smiled towards the approaching elf. “Sorry. I needed to see them alone.” he says. “I know. No worries.” Valendrian replies as he offers the elder elf something to eat. It was a warm bowl of soup, something he had not had in quite some time. As soon as the warm liquid touches his lips, he smiles. He watched in silence as the younger elf continued to work, occasionally speaking about what life had been like in his absence and of his older brother. “I understand now.” the elder elf says. The young elf shoots him an inquisitive look, prompting the elf to elaborate. “My brother, I understand why he chose you as his retainer. You resemble him so much from his youth. I’m sure he saw this as well.

WC: 172

#14Falon'Din 

Awakening [Solo] Empty Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:50 pm

Falon'Din
The younger elf smiles at the praise as the two continue to converse throughout the day and the rest of the evening. Both of them informed the other of stories they had not heard. As the sun began to rise the following day, the older elf stands. He moves towards the doorway, staring deeply at the arising sun. “You’re leaving?” Valendrian replies. The elder elf only nods, still staring at the sun. “While this place will always be in my heart, it is time I go. I need to explore what this new world has to offer. Tell me, where will you go?” Valendrian stands up, placing his bow and quiver on its rightful place. “The master had two requests on his deathbed. The first was to revive you. The second was to accompany you and regard you in the same light as he. You are, after all, the last surviving member of the clan’s leadership. My service to your family remains until my death.

WC:165

#15Falon'Din 

Awakening [Solo] Empty Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:51 pm

Falon'Din
The elder elf turns towards Valendrian and starts to speak but is quickly silenced. “Before you say no, I have a message from the Master.” He quickly reaches into his back pocket and pulls out a letter. The elf opens it and his hands tremble, noting the elven handwriting to be that of his brother’s. ‘Falon’Din, I know you’ll want to say no to my request but please, take Valendrian as your disciple. You will become his master now. The two of you are all that is left of Yerentheas. Consider this the last order of the clan leader. Also, consider this me cashing in the favor you owe me for breaking our mother’s relic.’ The elder elf crumples up the paper in irritation as he could hear the boisterous cackles of his brother in his head. Only he would attempt to cash in a centuries old favor. He looks towards Valendrian once more and smiles, deciding to honor his brother’s final request.

WC: 163

#16Falon'Din 

Awakening [Solo] Empty Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:52 pm

Falon'Din
I guess I can’t say no after all.” he says as he moves towards Valendrian. He extends his hand outward, surprising the younger elf who slowly responds in kind. “Though you know of my name, I never introduced myself properly. I am Falon’Din, the last of the Yerentheas leadership. I look forward to our travels.” He says. As the two exit the village, Falon’Din looks back solemnly one final time. He sighs and begins to walk away. “So, my lord, where are we going?” Hearing himself being called lord was a bit jarring, something he knew he would just have to get used to. “My magical power is nowhere near where it once was. I’m afraid that even with training, it will never reach that peak again. If your stories of this new world are correct, we will have to find another way. To that end, we’ll need to go to the Marchen Mountains.” “The mountains? Just what is in the mountains?” Valendrian says incredulously, noting the area was known for its year long blizzards. Falon’Din turns to him and smiles. “We’re going to meet a God.

WC: 187

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum