Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hot In Here [Solo Quest]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Izanagi Aurum 

Hot In Here [Solo Quest] Empty Mon May 15, 2023 9:28 am

Izanagi Aurum
"Hey, there, big guy!" He waved from close as he entered the smith's workplace, excited and smiling. He arrived just in time since the streets were less congested than the previous time. Barras was pounding some metal before standing up and removing his gloves to meet his friend properly. Aurum firmly shook his hand. "So, I heard you needed help," he says, checking to make sure the request is genuine. The smith nods, indicating that he was in desperate need of aid. Aurum was itching to get some pounding done, but that wasn't the case this time. His duty was to do something really different.

After greetings, the smith said that now that the assistant's arm has healed, Barras believes he has to acquire some practice by focusing only on pounding the metal for a day. Aurum, of course, volunteered to assist in any way he could. He wasn't sure whether he'd be any good at it, but there was no use in whining now. "Okay, big guy! I'd be delighted to assist. But if you don't mind showing me the ropes just before I start, that would be fantastic," he expressed concern.

Barras outlined what he was supposed to do calmly. It didn't sound all that difficult, but it was still perilous. Taking out molten metal, and the issue with Aurum is that he doesn't enjoy the heat. "Right, it had to be fire..." he sarcastically stated, annoyed by the task. But he put on a brave front for his pal, promising to do his best no matter what. Perseverance is a self-thought quality; he needed it when searching for his long-lost loved ones.

Aurum cautiously grasped the tongs, lowering the metal into the blazing forge. He waited despite the scorching heat. As a result of being exposed to the heat for so long, the metal began to glow after a while. He took it with the tongs once more and gently placed it on the anvil. Barras stood close, attentively assessing his assistant. As he pounded, the brilliance faded, and Barras signaled Aurum to take it back to the forge. He wasn't overjoyed, but he mentally prepared himself. He had to do that for quite some time, but his assistant was eventually able to straighten everything up.

Barras was thrilled with his assistant, who carried out his task nicely. But he was also thankful for Aurum's assistance as well. He got rewarded at the end of the day. He headed towards the guild, anxious for water and an opportunity to get away from the smith's workshop. "Well, I hate myself for admitting this, but I'm not going back unless I have to," he muttered, dragging his feet through Magnolia's streets. However, he concedes that the pounding of a hot metal until it cools into shape is inspirational.

"Principles are hammered and honed on the anvil of everyday living, although if you ask me, it is way better to be the hammer than the anvil," he continued, smiling and giggling a little at his own words.

"I seriously need some sleep..."

WC: 512

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum