Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Underwhelming Champion [C rank]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Setesh 

Underwhelming Champion [C rank] Empty Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:48 am

Setesh

"Ah, this job's a bit of a more violent one, huh. Should I take it? Hmmm. I really don't know. I've been training recently, that's true, but... boxing champion? Is it really a C-rank request? No, definitely C-rank. Well, I suppose the worst thing that could happen is I get beat up. Besides, fighting a boxing champion sounds like great training to me." Setesh was excited and yet somewhat intimidated by the idea. He had never taken a C-rank quest before and although he knew all decent mages could clear them without any effort, he was still anxious. He knew that after barely a week of training, he was as far away from being a decent mage, as he was to being a milionaire.
Still, this was a C-rank quest and he was officially allowed to do them, so in the end there was no reason not to try.
Setesh had met with the client, who was a fan of the previous champion, who, was the client claims, was defeated using cheap tricks. Hence, the client hired a mage to fight the new champion and teach them a lesson. The fire mage learned that the champion was extremely strong and that Setesh's number one goal was to avoid getting hit at all costs.
Setesh had imagined, somewhat comically, a giant mountain of a man, especially as he had also learned that the fighter was apparently extremely slow and it was an easy weakness to exploit.
"An introduction to battle strategy, huh? Bring it on." Setesh smirked. He already prepared all the items he would need and put them in his bag, which he took to the fighting arena. Repeating the phrase "don't get hit" like a mantra, the Fairy tail wizard prepared himself to take on a boxing champion.
"It sounds ridiculous. Just coming here from the street and fighting some big shot. Though I guess this guy isn't as much of a big shot, huh. I'll show him just what I've been training for, alright. I'll fuck him up."

#2Setesh 

Underwhelming Champion [C rank] Empty Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:48 am

Setesh
Setesh psyched himself up for the fight. He needed to be in a zone of perfect focus. He was no stranger to violence, but against a trained figher one couldn't allow themselves to make mistakes, even if that fighter had obvious weaknesses.
The sight of the champion did not frighten Setesh, who had seemingly found a new source of confidence in his skills just before the fight started. The audience cheered the Fairy, clearly disliking the current champion. Well, who could blame them if the stories were true.
The gong ran and both fighters rushed towards one another. Setesh stopped suddenly and took guard, anticipating his opponents move. The enemy, none the wiser, charged forward, throwing extremely powerful, but predictible strikes, which Setesh could easily dodge. He knew better than to try and counter or parry them, instead he chose to play for time and chip away at his opponent's stamina. After all, what's a better way to teach a cheater a lesson than to beat them at their own game.
- "Is this the best you can do? Seriously man, you couldn't even hit my grandma and she's dead."
Setesh exclaimed, rather unimpressed with his opponent's performance. He was strong, sure, but had no speed or technique and even after a few jabs was breathing heavily. The Fairy's taunt had infuriated the champion, however. The veins on his face flared up, as his face grew a dark shade of purple.
"Oi, is he gonna suffocate?"
- "You piece of shit, eat this!"

#3Setesh 

Underwhelming Champion [C rank] Empty Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:49 am

Setesh
The champion's energy intensified for a split second, he threw back his hips and took a giant swing, creating a punch of tremendous power. As he swung , a cloud of dust and dirt rose over them, block the audience's view.
A few seconds later, the mist subsided, and the result was concluded: the champion was, indeed, a failure.
Setesh easily managed to dodge the powerful strike, although he acknowledged that it likely would have knocked him out if it connected. The fighter, on the other hand, was gassed and visibly struggling to keep his guard up. Rodric the Champion swung for one last time, and for one last time - he missed. And so the great champion fell, defeated by... well, himself, really.
The public cheered, enamored by the idea of the not having to put up with his antics.
Setesh rejoiced in victory, though still somewhat embittered by the fact that he hadn't really done much to earn it, besides dodging a few strikes. The whole thing was a bit of a charade, really. A happy little circus, with no substance behind it. Besides, none of those who fought here seemed to be mages anyway or at least utilize magical items.
The Fairy quickly figured that most of the fighters were beneath his abilities if a guy like that managed to become a champion even using trickery, so he had no intention of returning here. There was simply no room for growth. It was a shame, he thought. Had this place have been somethign better, it may have been worth it to stay. But then again, it probably wouldn't have been that easy then.
Upon receiving the belt, Setesh forfeited it to the champion who was unjustly defeated, figuring these guys should just have their fun. He collected the prize money, though, and eventually went his own way, after speaking to Tyler.
On the way home, he thought about everything that happened that day. He did not expect himself to have gotten so strong so quickly. Objectively he was still a pushover mage, of course, but still, a power seems to have awakened within him. A power that could potentially change his future if he were to foster it and let it grow. This recent progress filled him with even more determination; he wanted to train harder and longer, and become even stronger. At least as strong as dad was.
Yeah.
That is a good goal.
"Just watch dad. I'll get strong. I promise."

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum