Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sins of the Father Part I [SL]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Tsukishima Higurashi 

Sins of the Father Part I [SL]  Empty Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:56 pm

Tsukishima Higurashi
Man, that was a really good nap!” Daisuke says as he exits the horse carriage with a big yawn and a stretch. “Aye sir!” Merry says after hopping out shortly after him, mimicking his stretching motions. The two of them look around and take in the splendor of the Hosenka. Hosenka was a prosperous city set just west of the well-known Magnolia Town. Known for its spas, gambling, and rather rambunctious nightlife, it was the perfect place for a criminal such as Akira Kuroto to disappear in. “You two are absolutely ridiculous.” Misora says as she exits as well and turns towards the driver of the carriage. “Thank you for taking us this far, we’ll make due here.” “Alright ma’am. Just so you both are aware; the local Rune Knight facility is in the middle of town. If you reach the hot springs, you’ve gone too far.” The trio thank the driver as he departs towards the facility, leaving them alone to begin their mission.

WC: 165
35% WC Reduction due to Merry & Great Warrior Shield

#2Tsukishima Higurashi 

Sins of the Father Part I [SL]  Empty Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:58 pm

Tsukishima Higurashi
The sound of the audible groans of Daisuke and Merry only served to further irritate Misora. The three of them had been walking for about forty minutes looking for clues or anything really that would lead them to Akira’s location. The search, to the surprise of no one, was going nowhere. “I’m hungry…” Merry says prompting the older Sato sibling to chime in in agreement. “We got time Misora. Let’s get some food.” “I want fish!” Merry says. “Alright, that’s it!” Misora says as she stops in the middle of the sidewalk, causing Daisuke to bump into her. Without looking back, she points to the left. “We’ll cover more ground if we split up. You two go that way and I’ll go to the right. We’ll meet back here in one hour and compare notes. Is that fine?” Misora waits a moment but does not hear a response. She turns around to see both Daisuke and Merry gone, heading down the requested location in search of food. The younger sister shakes her head and sighs as she heads to the right to search for clues.

WC: 185

#3Tsukishima Higurashi 

Sins of the Father Part I [SL]  Empty Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:59 pm

Tsukishima Higurashi
Oh wow!” Merry says as they reach a food stall and sees the litany of grilled fish hanging from atop the stall. His mouth salivates as he incessantly pesters Daisuke to purchase one, or several, for him. “Your companion has exquisite tastes. These are some of our best fish.” A gray-haired woman says as she comes from the back to greet the two. “How much?” Daisuke says as he reaches for his money pouch. “Normally, they go for about one thousand jewels each but I have certain amount of respect for Rune Knights so I’ll settle for 500 jewels.” “We’ll take them all!” Merry says for Daisuke as he immediately grabs and starts to eat one. Daisuke chuckles at his companion’s display and pays the woman for the fish while taking something for himself. As he eats beside the stall, he decides to do a little bit of his job les he incurs more of Misora’s wrath. “Excuse me ma’am, you wouldn’t happen to know about a man named Akira Kuroto, would you?

WC: 173

#4Tsukishima Higurashi 

Sins of the Father Part I [SL]  Empty Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:00 pm

Tsukishima Higurashi
The woman’s expression darkens at the mention of his name before shooting a look of disgust towards Daisuke. “I know all about that terrible man. A terrible individual who shouldn’t even be called a man. He’s the reason my son and husband are no longer with us. I wish you guys would find him and put him under the jail.” “I’m terribly sorry to hear about your family. I know how important family is. I just arrived from Era on a mission to find Akira and bring him in. I know you’ve likely heard this quite a bit but I will do everything in my power to ensure that he is brought to justice and pays for his crimes. If you have any information on where he might be, where he might hang around, anything, it would help in my investigation a great deal.” The woman takes a good hard look at Daisuke, recognizing the sincerity of his words and his determination to accomplish his declaration. Her expression softens as tears begin to well up in her eyes.

WC: 178

#5Tsukishima Higurashi 

Sins of the Father Part I [SL]  Empty Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:01 pm

Tsukishima Higurashi
You’re the first person whose words I believe. I wish I could help you in your search but I know as much about his location as you do. I can, however, tell you where you might want to start searching. A couple of months ago, I heard some rumors about some shady individuals hanging around Sakura Alley. You might find answers there.” Daisuke, clasping his hands around the woman’s sincerely thanks her for the information and once again promises to bring the woman good news the next time he sees her. He gives a slight bow towards her and looks for Merry, finding him lying on his back gently rubbing his belly. Around him lay the remains of all the fish he ate. “Merry, we got a lead. Time to go.” “Aye sir!” Merry says as he slowly gets up and perches himself on Daisuke’s right shoulder. Bidding the woman farewell, Daisuke heads back towards the meeting spot to inform Misora of the lead, unaware of a man in black watching him.

WC: 172

#6Tsukishima Higurashi 

Sins of the Father Part I [SL]  Empty Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:04 pm

Tsukishima Higurashi
So, how’d you fare?” Daisuke asks as he sees his sister, handing her some food that he managed to keep Merry away from. Misora sighs as she begins to nibble at her food, clearly irritated by the question. “Not good. Everyone I spoke with either didn’t know anything or were too afraid to divulge any information. The fear that man brings to the area runs deep. How about you?” “I got a lead!” Daisuke says proudly. “Bullshit.” Misora says frankly as she continues to eat, much to the chagrin of Daisuke. “I’m serious. I met this nice old woman who was selling fish.” “Of course,” Misora interjects. “Anyways, she has a bit of a history with him. She didn’t outright state it but he either killed her family or had some sort of involvement in their deaths. Regardless, she says that some shady people were spotted around Sakura Alley. That’s probably our best chance for a solid lead.” “Wow, I’m impressed. Look at you actually using your brain for something other than fighting or sleeping.” She says playfully to her brother, ruffling his hand in the process. “I can be smart when I want. Right Merry?” “Well...” Merry says to the snickering of Misora. As the three get up to leave, Daisuke remembers something. “So…where the hell is Sakura Alley?

WC: 220

#7Tsukishima Higurashi 

Sins of the Father Part I [SL]  Empty Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:06 pm

Tsukishima Higurashi
I might be able to assist with that.” A man says as he approaches the two. He was dressed in all black and radiated with an aura of unease. “I couldn’t help but overhear that you three were looking for Akira Kuroto. I know where he is currently, and I’d be more than happy to help out such beloved Rune Knight Lieutenants such as yourselves.” “You know of us?” Daisuke says skeptical of the man’s intentions. “Of course. The exploits of the Sato twins who have quickly rose the ranks to lieutenant are well known across Fiore. Plus, it’s not hard to recognize who you are based on the legendary weapons Galantine and Luin you have.” “Yeah…” the twins say sheepishly, realizing that their weapons made them stick out like sore thumbs. “Give us a minute.” Misora says as she quickly moves Daisuke close to her for an impromptu huddle. “You know this is the makings of a trap, right?” “Yeah, but our options are limited. If he does lead us into a trap, we should be able to deal with it. After the day I’ve had, I need something to hit anyway.” The trio breaks from their huddle as Misora moves towards the man. “We’ll take you up on that offer. Thank you for your generosity. Please lead the way.” The man smiles and moves towards the two, placing his hand near the backs to usher this forward. As he does, he lightly touches both Galantine and Luin and places a small lacrima on them. “It’s just down this way.”

WC: 261

#8Tsukishima Higurashi 

Sins of the Father Part I [SL]  Empty Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:08 pm

Tsukishima Higurashi
The quartet move deeper into the bowels of Hosenka, making their way to the area known as the Crimson Quarter. It was a seedy part of Hosenka for those who were looking to experience the more illicit activities the town had to offer. The particular area they were in had a multitude of abandoned buildings hidden off to the side. “This is a damn trap.” Daisuke thinks to himself, irritated that he listened to Misora. He should have stuck to his guns about the lead he had but knew that she just had to have it her way. If this lead turned out to be correct, and they ignored it, she’d never let him hear the end of it. “This was his last known hideout. He’s likely still here.” The man says as he leads them to an abandoned fight club. Skeptical, the twins venture inside, their hands tightly wrapped around their weapons. They move deeper into the darkened building before making their way into an open area. Suddenly, the lights come on as five armed men surround them.

WC: 179

#9Tsukishima Higurashi 

Sins of the Father Part I [SL]  Empty Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:10 pm

Tsukishima Higurashi
Oh no. A trap.” Daisuke says sarcastically as he shoots his sister a look that screams “I told you so…” The man who led them there joins the ranks of his comrades and is handed a jewel encrusted sword. “Sorry, but you guys are putting your noses where they shouldn’t be. Boss needs you dealt with.” “You owe me dinner for this when we get back.” Daisuke says to his sister. “Hey, in my defense, it was good to follow along. They obviously work for the guy. That’s better than the ambiguous location you were given.” “Oh whatever. You just got lucky.” “Hey! We will not be ignored.” The man says, clearly agitated by the twins’ bickering. “Give us a bit. We’ll knock you out shortly.” Angered further by his words, the man withdraws a small button from his pocket and presses it as both Galantine and Luin fall to the ground. “The hell…” Daisuke says as he attempts to retrieve his weapon but finds that he is unable to pick it up. “What did you do to our weapons?” “I told you. All of Fiore knows of your exploits, even more so of the legendary weapons you wield. So, I made sure that they would be a non-factor against us. Without your weapons and with no magical capabilities, you are just mere Rune Knights. We love killing Rune Knights.” As the group slowly advances on the trio, Merry hops from Daisuke’s shoulder and stands in front of him. “I can help.

WC: 252

#10Tsukishima Higurashi 

Sins of the Father Part I [SL]  Empty Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:11 pm

Tsukishima Higurashi
Suddenly, Merry’s skin appears more metallic as his arms and legs retract inside his body. A bright blue light illuminates from him as his head and body separate from one another. All in attendance, including Daisuke and Misora, stand with mouths agape as Merry’s body parts reconfigure into twin guns which sit gently in Daisuke’s hands. “The hell?! You turn into guns?!” Misora says as the group still stand with mouths agape. “Aye!” Merry says as Daisuke aims the right most gun at the group. He pulls the trigger as a dark blue blast of mana, no larger than the side of a basketball, emerges from the barrel and strikes one of the gang right between the eyes. He yells in pain as he falls back, shocking all in attendance even further. “Oh, I can get use to this.” Daisuke says as he begins firing shots from both guns. Shots fly across the room, either striking an individual or setting up another for a follow-up. Misora, not wanting to be shown up, moves with the shots and brutally assaults those who manage the escape the blasts. Before long, all six men were on the ground, writhing and groaning in pain.

WC: 200

#11Tsukishima Higurashi 

Sins of the Father Part I [SL]  Empty Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:14 pm

Tsukishima Higurashi
Well, mission failed successfully.” Daisuke says as the guns fly out of his hands and merge back into Merry. “You get more fish later!” Misora says to Merry as a giant smile spread across his face. “What do we do with these idiots?” Daisuke says as he points towards the men, who are trying to flee. Misora grabs the one who led them to the location and viciously slams him to the ground before cuffing him as the others scatter. “I guess we take him to the Rune Knight station for interrogation. See if we can get some information.” Daisuke laughs, noting his sister’s grudge for being led stray in the first place, even though it was an obvious trap. Her deliberately letting the others escape was a message. Still taunting his sister and complimenting Merry on his hidden abilities, Daisuke heads to the Rune Knight facility to begin the interrogation.

WC: 151
Quest Completed

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum