Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Debut Performance [D-Rank]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Hellebore 

Debut Performance [D-Rank] Empty Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:28 pm

Hellebore
Hellebore hadn't actually expected to be back in the theater the very next day but here she was. They had managed to replace the sick stage hand but it seems like they had encountered another problem.

"Elle~! My dearest kitten! You always arrive exactly when I need you. That useless fool has dropped out leaving us without an actor, I'll need you to take their place on stage."

Acting? Now that was a bit of jump from stage hand. Hellebore didn't have any experience acting on a stage. This could be interesting. Likely to go either really well or terribly horribly wrong.

"Sure, I can fill in for your missing actor, as long as-"

"The pay is good, yes yes I know darling. No time to waste, we are doing Romeo and Juliet. Here is the script, you will be playing Romeo. Let's get you into costume."

Not sure the 5'2" cat girl is the best choice for Romeo but alright. It was at least a play Hellebore had seen before. She did her best to memorize her lines while the production staff fussed around with her costume, hair and make up. The costume wasn't all black, unfortunately. This was more color than she had worn in years.

Hellebores acting was better than expected, she really got into the role of this overly dramatic love sick idiot and while she didn't remember all of her lines perfectly, some quick thinking improvisation prevented it from affecting the performance too much. The finale quickly approached.

"Will I set up my everlasting rest,
And shake the yoke of inauspicious stars
From this world-wearied flesh. Eyes, look your last!
Arms, take your last embrace! and, lips, O you
The doors of breath, seal with a righteous kiss
A dateless bargain to engrossing death!
Come, bitter conduct, come, unsavoury guide!
Thou desperate pilot, now at once run on
The dashing rocks thy sea-sick weary bark!
Here's to my love!"

Hellebore grabbed a goblet and as dramatically as they could downed it's contents.

"O true apothecary!
Thy drugs are quick. Thus with a kiss I die."

She collapsed to the ground, Romeo was dead. The play wasn't over yet thou, she still had to lie here and play dead for a bit. After the play was over Hellebore stood on stand with the rest of the cast. The audience loved the play and when Hellebore was given special thanks for stepping in at the last minute she received a standing ovation. She really had not expected that.

After changing out of the way too colorful costume Hellebore stopped by Alice's dressing room for her pay.

"Elle~ You were amazing. Almost as good as me. Vouching for you was certainly not a mistake. It's a shame you're not planning on staying in our fair city. You could have a promising career as an actor here."

Hellebore highly doubted that. Pretty sure today was a fluke. Still it was another job done and quite a novel experience as well. So she was feeling pretty pleased with herself as she left the theater.

547/500

[EXIT]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum