Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Warrior Way [WM Training]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

#26Ikazuchi 

The Warrior Way [WM Training] - Page 2 Empty Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:06 pm

Ikazuchi
Ikazuchi was rapidly absorbing information in his adrenaline fueled state, and this information was immediately applied in order to refine his movements. The fight was coming to a turning point where the experienced Erik couldn’t keep up as deep scars were cut into the man’s armor. There were even faint trickles of blood coming out from various small cuts that had been dealt to the unprotected locations on the raider’s body.

The reversal had come so swiftly that even Ikazuchi would be surprised if he had the attention to spare at this moment. There wasn’t any need to mention the spectating members of Erik’s tribe, or even Erik himself. He was the one who understood the changes in the young swordsman the most. He was the most frustrated person present as there were several instances where his experiences were being used against him by the young man.

Ikazuchi was like a storm as he danced around the battlefield. His attacks struck like lightning, and the clash of their weapons resounded like thunder. It was a unique rhythm that belonged to Ikazuchi, the core of his own style that had yet to be honed. Erik was steadily pushed back as he experienced it, until the time came for the tribal leader to make a desperate gambit. His experience told him that if he didn’t act now, it would be impossible to defeat Ikazuchi.

WC: 230
TWC: 5,410

#27Ikazuchi 

The Warrior Way [WM Training] - Page 2 Empty Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:07 pm

Ikazuchi
Without time to process Erik’s actions, Ikazuchi’s body responded to his attack of desperation instinctively. This fight allowed him to grasp Erik’s habits, so his body responded immediately when he noticed the middle-aged man’s movement pattern. Ikazuchi’s swords moved simultaneously and struck at the leading axe of Erik’s combo, hitting a weak point during the process causing the axe head to separate from the axe entirely.

Erik’s eyes widened at the sight of this, and his heart skipped a beat as he witnessed the arc of the two swords continuing towards his chest from an angle that he couldn’t avoid. Many regrets came to mind as the swords seemed to move in slow motion while he was frozen in that moment. He regretted the fact that he failed his tribe and family that awaited his turn. He regretted that his brothers would only be able to follow him in death after his defeat. He regretted not being stronger.

The one thing that Erik didn’t regret was actually encountering Ikazuchi. Being defeated by someone like Ikazuchi could be considered an honor, especially if the young man achieved his full potential in the future. Even if only for a short time, he would have clashed with someone who would reach a higher level than he ever had. His pride as a warrior was comforted by this fact. It was strange, but he simply felt acceptance as those distinct swords were only inches from his chest.

WC: 240
TWC: 5,650

#28Ikazuchi 

Ikazuchi
Ikazuchi’s attack connected and his swords travelled diagonally across Erik’s chest. The armor was cleanly broken and the man’s body had two parallel slashes running deep into his chest. Blood poured out of the wounds displaying the severity for all of the spectators who were frozen at the sight of the fearless leader’s defeat.

Well, all but one were stunned as a deafening shout travelled to Ikazuchi’s ear as he intended to finish Erik off. “STOP!!” The desperation in the voice was apparent as the hurried footsteps of a single individual approached Ikazuchi from behind. Surprisingly, the young man truly did halt his attack and turn to look at the individual approaching.

‘The mage?’ Ikazuchi was surprised to see this individual rushing over, but he didn’t say anything as he simply waited to see what this individual had to say. “Please, spare my brother…” The pleading tone was clearly genuine as the mage dropped to their knees and resorted to begging the enemy. Ikazuchi frowned at the sight of this as a peculiar feeling appeared. “Why should I?” Ikazuchi asked this single question as he truly wished to know what pushed the brother of Erik to throw away his pride in this manner.

WC: 200
TWC: 5,850

#29Ikazuchi 

Ikazuchi
“Without my brother, our tribe won’t survive.” The answer was concise as the man attempted to provide Ikazuchi a reason that an outsider could accept about the infamous plundering warriors of Iceberg. Several seconds of silence followed that answer as Ikazuchi stared intently at the man who claimed to be the brother of Erik.

“You do realize that you all attacked me, right?” The man turned pale as Ikazuchi finally responded. There didn’t seem to be any intent to spare Erik contained in these words, but the man wouldn’t easily give up now that he threw away his pride. “I do, but we do what we do for the sake of those who await our return! If I back down now, it’s no different from condemning our loved ones to death by starvation.” When the spectating raiders heard this, their expressions all soured as that was the painful truth.

Anyone else could die, but only Erik had the strength to lead them against the other tribes or any outsiders who may target their homes. Even if Ikazuchi spared the rest of them, it would only be a matter of time before death came for them in this land ruled by the law of the jungle. That painful reality pushed the other men to act as they all silently knelt alongside Erik’s brother, surrendering themselves to Ikazuchi for the sake of their hope known as Erik.

WC: 230
TWC: 6,080

#30Ikazuchi 

Ikazuchi
“What can you offer me in exchange?” Ikazuchi’s question was blunt and cold, but it gave the remaining men present a glimmer of hope. This question clearly expressed that he was willing to spare the unconscious Erik if they could satisfy him. The only issue was that they didn’t know what Ikazuchi may desire. There weren’t many resources in Iceberg, so it wasn’t likely that the young man valued their possessions that could basically only be more common outside of their country. Erik’s brother was unsure how to proceed due to this issue, so another period of silence occurred before he recalled the conversation between Ikazuchi and Erik from earlier.

“We can offer a place in our tribe.” The man’s voice contained a bit of hesitation, but he believed that this was the most suitable offer they could give this young warrior. “What good would that do me?” Ikazuchi was naturally skeptical of this offer as it had no apparent value for him. “You’re here to prove yourself as a warrior, but it isn’t easy to survive here without a tribe. There won’t be anyone welcoming an outsider easily, but we can provide you a location to operate out of.”

“And you can decide this on your own?” Ikazuchi looked at the man who was clearly anxious about his brother’s condition and expressed his doubts. “I, Birger Helvig, shaman of the Helvig tribe swear that not even Erik the Tribe Leader may deny your place in our tribe.” Ikazuchi was surprised to hear the man swear this so solemnly, and was also finally able to relax. “In that case, I will be staying with your tribe whenever I’m in Iceberg.” After saying that, the situation rapidly changed as a few men tended to Erik and still living Bjorn and prepared before the group set off for the Helvig tribe. As for what would happen there, that would be a story for another day.

WC: 320
TWC: 6,400

OOC: Exiting Training

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum