Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Poropo Boar Problem [Quest]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Poropo Poproporp 

Poropo Boar Problem [Quest] Empty Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:04 am

Poropo Poproporp
The monk did not feel ready to take on this job - the job request was specifically sent out to the monk from the parents of Luca. Luca was a pampered child who was made to believe he was magical - Kind Monk Poropo did not like playing along but the monk also wanted to be around in case Luca ever discovered the truth. Poropo believed he could ease the child into some calm mood instead of sobbing or crying or doing something reckless if Luca knew he was no actually magical this whole time.

Unfortunately, the job this time did not involve breaking any news to Luca - Luca wanted to go camping within the depths of the East Forest. The mother of Luca assumed the boy wanted to show off magic to his friend since there were reports of a feral boar within the East Forest. Luca was becoming more reckless with the belief he was magically gifted, but if the parents of Luca did not want to reveal the information yet then the monk had to stay silent - the monk respected the authority of all parents, for better or worse.

"My parents were good to me so...I am not sure what to believe anymore...I better just find this boar and get the job done."

200/1,500 words

#2Poropo Poproporp 

Poropo Boar Problem [Quest] Empty Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:16 am

Poropo Poproporp
Poropo stalked the East Forest during the daytime knowing pigs tend to roam around on a farm during daylight hours - the prey for the monk was not a pig but a feral boar about the size of a small ship. The difference was night and day, but the monk figured if the boar was not awake during the day then all the easier to get the first strike against the boar while it was sleeping. Granted, the peace-loving monk also did not want to hurt the boar despite how dangerous the animal was reported to have been so far - the monk clasped his hands and prayed to the Iron Deity, "Oh Iron Deity, thank you for guiding me to the Elder Sage Staff and the Luminous Monarch Goggles - they are great gifts through which I connect more strongly with you...but please do not make me fight this boar. I wish nothing but peace, please."

Walking through the forest, the monk attempted to start smelling for boar-like smells - the monk knew of pigs and such from the local farms in the country of Sin so smelling boar would likely be the same, believed the monk. After all, the East Forest smelled so lovely most of the time.

400/1,500 words

#3Poropo Poproporp 

Poropo Boar Problem [Quest] Empty Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:00 pm

Poropo Poproporp
The hunt for the boar within the East Forest was long - the several hours the monk decided to take for the day to hunt felt like a waste at this point. The monk kept his hands clasped, stumbling over rocks and twigs even with the help of his glorified talking stick, the Elder Sage Staff - perhaps the Luminous Monarch Goggles were impairing the vision of the monk, though normally he opposite was true. The magical goggles the monk found while shopping were powerful Light Magic enhancers which connected the monk closer with the Iron Deity, similar to the Elder Sage Staff. However, the monk did not have the right tools to combat a giant boar without someone getting injured.

"Oh Iron Deity...what should I do?" Unfortunately, the Iron Deity did not have time to help the monk as a loud snore could be heard nearby - the anxious monk stopped in his tracks and turned his head in the direction of the loud snoring. The monk crept closer in hopes of finding a normal bear rather than a feral mega-boar, "Oh Iron Deity, let this boar not be as big as they say - let it be a normal pig without fur or tusks to penetrate my soft flesh."

600/1,500 words

#4Poropo Poproporp 

Poropo Boar Problem [Quest] Empty Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:07 pm

Poropo Poproporp
Poropo carefully moved a bush out of the way of his vision in order to see the source of the snoring - the anxious monk attempted to be as quiet as possible in order to not wake the large-sounding creature. The breathing of both creatures, monk and beast, were loud and heavy - the monk could not stop sweating either and wondered if boars sweat.

Upon moving the bush out of his way, the monk spotted a group of oddly proportioned, soft-haired boars sleeping in a cute pile - they seemed to be the size of normal boars or pigs, but their features resembled piglets rather than adults. Thinking for a moment, the monk got into a state of utter shock and panic - the feral boar was feral because the boar is a mother protecting her piglets! The monk started to wheeze at the thought of facing an angry mother - flashes of his own mother swept into his emerald vision as the monk recalled screaming and thrashing the likes of which the monk winced at just from recalling!

The monk crept out of the bush he moved out of the way and attempted to think of a strategy to move the piglets while they were still sleeping, but a new pair of lungs could be heard huffing and puffing behind the monk.

800/1,500 words

#5Poropo Poproporp 

Poropo Boar Problem [Quest] Empty Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:18 pm

Poropo Poproporp
The monk could feel a pair of large nostrils tickling his backside with every breath they exhaled - Poropo was sure he would be dead for getting close to the piglets, but the supposedly feral boar behind the monk decided to just glare down the helpless human. Perhaps the boar believed the monk was not a threat to the piglets, but boars were not normally intelligent enough to consider how threatening something may or may not be - boars were known of attacking anything which got close to their young.

In order not to anger the mother boar any further, the monk just stood still and hoped nothing would happen - the monk did not even want to activate a protection spell to cover his body in condensed light. All the monk wanted to do was stay still as pretend not to exist for as long as not existing kept the monk alive and unharmed.

What felt like an eternity passed by as the monk could feel his legs shaking and his hands pour sweat from his palms like a geyser - the monk could not stay still and expect to also stay alive much longer. The monk had to do something - turning around to face he mother boar, the monk attempted to start negotiations, "Hello...-!?"

The monk turned around and saw nothing behind him - the mother boar had left some time ago. Standing behind a defenseless, unmoving monk must have been too boring to continue. Instead, the mother boar could be seen uprooting roots and mushrooms and going to the piglets to wake and feed them - the monk was no longer a priority to the mother boar. The monk clasped his hands and thanked the Iron Deity, "Thank you, Iron Deity, for blessing me with the strength to bore a boar...what should I do now?" The monk was lost as to what to do next.

1,100/1,500 words

#6Poropo Poproporp 

Poropo Boar Problem [Quest] Empty Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:24 pm

Poropo Poproporp
"Ah! I have an idea! I will...move their food to a safer part of the East Forest? Is that feasible?" mumbled the monk to himself as he questionably started digging for roots and fungi in order to move them into a pile far away from the campsite Luca would be using for his birthday. The monk could only think about the strange method through which he would be completing this job, but continued anyway knowing food was of great value to anything living in this harsh world. Someday the monk would like to shower the world with purity and prosperity, but at the moment the monk decided to take advantage of scarcity.

"Oh Iron Deity...please do not frown upon this sneaky method of moving a mother boar and her piglets to a safer part of the East Forest," said the monk as he continued to pick mushrooms in hopes of luring the mother boar and her children elsewhere. The whole job Poropo promised to complete just needed the feral boar to be gone one day so picking enough food for one day sounded feasible in theory - after an hour of picking food, the monk felt he did not have anywhere near enough to keep the mother boar away for an entire day.

1,300/1,500 words

#7Poropo Poproporp 

Poropo Boar Problem [Quest] Empty Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:30 pm

Poropo Poproporp
After a while day of working, the monk finally stockpiled enough food for a day to lure the mother boar away from the campsite of Birthday Boy Luca. The monk was exhausted and could barely stand anymore - the monk took a nibble on a mushroom only to spit the nibble out a moment later, "Ptew! Ugh...not a good idea - never eat a mushroom without cooking it first. And besides, these are for the mother boar." Whether they were actually enough or not would remain to be seen. The monk headed back to the mother of Luca and told her the boar was taken care of.

The mother of Luca decided to wait to reward Poropo until Luca came out of the East Forest safe with his friend, so the monk decided to watch Luca and his friend to make sure everything went well. Aside from getting paid, the monk was also curious as to whether his plan to lure the mother boar away for a day with a pile of food would work.

After a solid night of uneventful camping, Luca and his friend came back home with Poropo sneakily following behind. The mother of Luca thanked the monk for his efforts to keep her son and son's friend safe, finally rewarding the monk who felt proud of resolving this job peacefully.

1,500/1,500 words

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum