Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Poropo Proper Theatre [Quest]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Poropo Poproporp 

Poropo Proper Theatre [Quest] Empty Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:57 pm

Poropo Poproporp
The monk was back within South Fiore in order to relax for a couple days away from the busy life of East Fiore - the monk had taken on too many jobs at once, but the monk still felt he needed to do some sort of job, so he went back to his favorite Fioran theater, the Marigold Theater, to ask for a job, "Hello again, I have come to audition for any role you have available."

"Thank goodness you're here, kind monk! Our leading actor quit due to stress! We need you now more than ever!" The owner of the Marigold Theater seemed distressed by the recent hiatus of their leading performer but also relieved the convenient monk was not only available but also willing to perform!

"Oh, alright, I can try my best...being the leading role...what is the leading role?" asked the monk after having accepted the job - a bad habit surfaced again, likely due to the monk's familiarity with this theater. The monk answered before asking - old habits die hard, except for old monk Poropo who's habits persist and fester.

"Come this way, I have a script I need you to read and memorize - not just your part but all the parts," rushed the theater owner as he dragged the confused monk backstage.

200/2,000 words

#2Poropo Poproporp 

Poropo Proper Theatre [Quest] Empty Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:07 pm

Poropo Poproporp
"And so you must strike me down now or I will never be finished with me life's work!" Poropo took a moment as the script said, waiting for the curtains to close of this practice performance - the final line of the dialogue felt powerful, but the monk felt he could do better. However, as long as the director of the performance was satisfied then perhaps the monk could resign to something less than usual. After a moment of waiting, the director called the scene closed and walked towards Poropo.

"That was good, but I feel you can do better - performance is not always about realism. Try to push the boundary between reality and ham," said the nearly satisfied director to the now confused monk - the monk did not know what the director meant by "push the boundary between reality and ham" and just assumed a more boorish performance was necessary. The director walked away to the other performers and had a talk with them about the final scene while Poropo was left to try and interpret the director's strange metaphor.

"Reality and ham? I know what reality is, but what does a pork-based substance have to do with theater?" The monk did not understand the phrase thrust upon him and continued to struggle to act out the final scene.

400/2,000 words

#3Poropo Poproporp 

Poropo Proper Theatre [Quest] Empty Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:16 pm

Poropo Poproporp
"So he said to me, I must be the one to take the burden - can you believe that awful man!? I will be the one to finish the job, not him!" shouted the performing monk during another practice - Poropo and the rest of the crew were having a hard time completing their lines with as must gusto as the director wanted. The monk assumed they all received vague, nonsensical advice and were trying to interpret the director's words - everyone was struggling, including the director.

"Alright...enough...let's call it a day for now - good job set team, keep making those sets look...great?" The director was not sure he knew what he was doing anymore so he just ended the rehearsal early for his own sake, not just everyone else's. The monk waddled up to the director before either of them left.

The monk put a hand on the director's shoulder to get some attention - the director turned to Poropo with a dull look of defeat as the cheerful monk said, "if you don't give us more vague advice then we can't perform well, hah hah hah!" The monk attempted to make light of the situation while also stating what the director might not know.

600/2,000 words

#4Poropo Poproporp 

Poropo Proper Theatre [Quest] Empty Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:44 pm

Poropo Poproporp
The director's dull looked seemed to change to a glowing smile, but only for a moment before the director wordlessly walked off - the monk did not know if the half-joke worked, but the director smiled a little, "what a strange man...I best think about that vague advice and do something to improve my performance before the big opening show tomorrow." The anxious monk, like everyone else within the Marigold Theatre troupe, did not know what to expect from the audience reaction the following the day - they were all anxious about the director's feelings as well. The man usually yelled and screamed to get performers to perform correctly, but he was being oddly calm and kind throughout the rehearsals thus far.

The final rehearsal was in the morning tomorrow, a few hours before the opening of the show towards the evening when the sun was beginning to set. The monk waddled around, reciting his lines, "oh? Then smite me where I stand - tell me I am not good enough for my work! I would love to see you try and raise an empire from nothing but a promise and three shillings!" The monk was playing an arrogant character as the leading role, so this was a role the monk could not quite understand as much as a simple background character.

800/2,000 words

#5Poropo Poproporp 

Poropo Proper Theatre [Quest] Empty Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:52 pm

Poropo Poproporp
"Come hither, good fellow - do you think you could trade me your horse for three shillings and a promise for me to return it in two weeks time?" The final rehearsal before the big show and the monk was feeling better than the previous day. Unfortunately, the director was nowhere to be seen - the performers and everyone else involved with the play had to do their best without central guidance. The monk felt as though he was at fault for mentioning the director's vague advice in the face of the director - the joke must have gone too deep instead of uncovering inner truth, but the play would have to go on anyway.

"What? Break a promise? I would never do such a thing! I am an honest businessman with a simple goal - use this horse to move people from one town to the next for a fee. A novel idea, if I do say so myself," boldly state Poropo, the lead actor playing the lead character - the lead character was far more arrogant than Poropo so the humble monk had to dig deep within his soul to find out how to act as arrogant as possible while remaining true to himself and the character. If the director could see Poropo, the monk was sure everyone would be happy.

1,000/2,000 words

#6Poropo Poproporp 

Poropo Proper Theatre [Quest] Empty Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:47 pm

Poropo Poproporp
The final rehearsal before the opening show was over and the director was nowhere to be seen! Everyone in the Marigold Theater panicked at the thought of doing the entire show without proper direction - the last rehearsal felt shaky, at best, so the pressure was on without the director. Kind Monk Poropo, hired by the director for the leading role, was put in charge of the performers while the a stage director was chosen for the lighting and background effects.

The acting director Poropo decided to gather all the performers together and have a quick meeting before they had to put on their costumes, "we may be without the real director, but I promise we will see this show through to the best of our own abilities - we have no abandoned each other and we will not abandon this show. Let's have fun and let the audience share in our excitement!" The rest of the performers were excited by the anxious monk's speech - not only did he have a role in every scene, he was just given the role of director for the performers.

Off in a corner by himself, the monk clasped his hands and prayed, "Oh Iron Deity...please bless this play and my directorial debut."

1,200/2,000 words

#7Poropo Poproporp 

Poropo Proper Theatre [Quest] Empty Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:56 pm

Poropo Poproporp
Poropo and the rest of the troupe were as ready as they could be for the opening night of the play - if this first play went well then whatever plays took place in the future would surely be just fine! However, with the main director gone and two other directors replacing him, the troupe were having confidence issues which Poropo's speech could not completely solve. Waddling around, the equally anxious monk could not shake the butterflies in his stomach which only grew worse the more he saw the nervous behaviors of his fellow performers.

The narrator of the play began speaking to announce the start of the play and set the tone of the whole performance - the monk playing the lead would need to endure an unending string of scenes for two hours. The play was split into two acts at least, but the entire performance involved a major focus on Poropo's character - the pressure only grew worse, but the monk had a simple fix in mind, "now that I am my own director, I can improvise whatever lines I want...maybe only the opening line, hah hah...hah..."

The monk came onto the stage as the leading actor and began his performance with a loud scream!

1,400/2,000 words

#8Poropo Poproporp 

Poropo Proper Theatre [Quest] Empty Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:03 pm

Poropo Poproporp
"OOOOOOOOOOOOH BLESS THIS CURSED DAY! I am too poor to afford food for myself! I have three shillings to my name and promises to spare! I need to dig further into debt if I want to find treasure, but how?"

The monk added a little yelling to the beginning of the play to calm his own nerves and verbalize his feelings. To bless a cursed day felt like the way of the Iron Deity - no matter how awful a day might be, staying positive is important in order to finish the day strong! This play was good practice for the kind monk to remain positive in the face of adversity!

"You sir! I need your horse! No!? Fine, I will not involve you in my business empire!" After a while, the play began feeling like a metaphor for the entire situation the monk found himself in - the original director left the performance, like the main character who was left penniless by his business partner.

"Thank you for letting me borrow your great steed for two weeks - I have earned five gold and would like to partner with you to earn more...what do you say?" The monk felt as though his character was struggling to pick himself up again, but succeeded by trying hard and never giving up! The monk continued his performance with gusto instead of feeling bad for playing an arrogant character.

1,600/2,000 words

#9Poropo Poproporp 

Poropo Proper Theatre [Quest] Empty Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:09 pm

Poropo Poproporp
The performance continued with Poropo going through every scene without much of a break - there were a couple scenes where the transition involved focusing on a different character's perspective, but the majority of scenes involved the frail, old Poropo. The monk's portrayal of a tired, beaten up, old man down on his luck but pull through was sucking the audience in with every word, but something felt off to the monk. Between transitions, the monk looked to the audience to see if he could spot any special guests.

"Ah! The original director is part of the audience! Wait...is he crying?" mumbled the monk to himself while peering out from backstage while the lights were dim. The original director seemed to be part of the audience despite not doing his job as the director of the whole play! The conflicted monk did not know how to feel, "but at least he is still alive...I wish he wasn't crying." The monk hoped the crying was a sign of a beautiful performance, but there was no way to tell through tears alone - the monk had to continue with the performance as if he did not spot the original director.

"Are you telling me our taxi business will fail if we go through with my plan? Preposterous!"

1,800/2,000 words

#10Poropo Poproporp 

Poropo Proper Theatre [Quest] Empty Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:19 pm

Poropo Poproporp
The whole show was done and the audience got up and cheered for the Marigold Theater troupe! Even the original director seemed to burst out with something positive to say, "WOOHOOOOO! I loved the performance! You did great without me! I wish I could have been a part of it! I'm so sorry!" Poropo and the rest of the performers made their way onto the stag and bowed. The lighting and set designers followed behind and also bowed. The whole show was done with a few hand shakes - most wanted an autograph for their brochure. Poropo was happy to comply, giving a special signature using his epithet "Kind Monk Poropo".

The original director, also the owner of the Marigold Theater, came up to Poropo and shook his hands vigorously, "thank you for saving the show - I heard you were put in charge of the other actors. You've earned yourself a huge bonus for saving this beautiful show!" The monk blushed but didn't have time to blush much longer after a large sack of jewels was place in his hands - the monk did not think he would get this much of a reward for performing in a play, but the monk was happily wrong.

"And to thee, I say thank you for giving me the chance to be my own man."

2,000/2,000 words

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum