Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Poropo Cavern Plundering [Quest]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Poropo Poproporp 

Poropo Cavern Plundering [Quest] Empty Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:44 pm

Poropo Poproporp
Poropo was taking a leisurely walk through the East Forest to get a feel for his guild's lands - they were quite large and varied, but the monk never had a great sense of direction. The monk hoped he would find something to help guide him out of the forest at some point, but all the lost monk found was a gathering of people outside of a cavern opening - they seemed to be very curious about the goings on inside, but Rune Knights were blocking the way. While Poropo was observing the crowd and opening of the cavern, a bulky young man approached the curious monk.

"Are you the Kind Monk I've heard about? You look just as strange as what I've heard, but are you actually kind enough to help me out? I can pay you for your time," said the blunt young man, seeming to recognize Poropo by appearance alone. The monk felt touched someone knew of him - the exploits of the monk were reaching far and wide, or at least within the boundaries of East Fiore. The monk looked the young man up and down to determine his earnestness - he seemed eager to do or see something, likely to do with the cavern opening blocked by knights.

#2Poropo Poproporp 

Poropo Cavern Plundering [Quest] Empty Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:50 pm

Poropo Poproporp
Taking time to assess the situation, Poropo answered the young man, "Yes, I am Kind Monk Poropo - how can I be of service to you on this wonderful day?" The young man looked happy and pulled Poropo off into the forest, out of earshot of the crowd and knights near the cavern entrance. Whatever the young man needed Poropo for was looking to be more and more about the cavern - the young man looked back and forth from the cavern to the curious monk as he began to speak in a hushed tone.

"Great...this is something I believe only you can do - I need to know if there's a rare metal inside this carvern...it's blue and faintly glows as if possessed by a magical force. Think you can sneak past the knights and see if it's real?" The young man seemed absolutely obsessed with the idea of this blue metal - the magic with which the young man spoke of the metal indicated he was a smith of sorts. Smiths tend to have money to purchase metals with and this felt like no exception - the young man probably had the money to pay Poropo for sneaking past the Rune Knights and peek inside the cavern.

#3Poropo Poproporp 

Poropo Cavern Plundering [Quest] Empty Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:55 pm

Poropo Poproporp
Poropo gathered his thoughts and looked at the cavern in the distance to determine how difficult the job might be - the majority of the difficulty would be sneaking past the Rune Knights. Things inside could be handled with magic so long as there were no more Rune Knights to get in Poropo's way. With this difficulty in mind, the diligent monk looked up at the young man and said, "sneaking past the Rune Knights not once but twice will make this job difficult - I love helping, but I need to feed myself, too."

"Not a problem - this is the reward waiting for you if you can tell me if the metal is real or not." The young man was more than willing to show off the wealth necessary to make this job worth Poropo's risk - the young man was not sneaking past the guards after all. The determined monk looked to the young man and clasped his hands in prayer and wordlessly accepted the job - all Poropo had to do now was sneak into the cavern, look for the blue metal, and sneak out again. The monk would make sure to check every nook and cranny of the cavern, perhaps even lifting rocks to better see his target.

#4Poropo Poproporp 

Poropo Cavern Plundering [Quest] Empty Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:03 pm

Poropo Poproporp
Poropo waddled back to the crowd and looked around for any opening within the Rune Knight's formation - two Rune Knights guarding the entrance to the cavern on either side. The best distraction Poropo could think of was the cause violence, but the peaceful monk loathed unnecessary violence - the better distraction would be to use the First Immortal.

The monk waddled back to the forest, summoned the metallic angel shaped like a donut, and told the First Immortal the plan, "I need you to push past the crowd and pretend to enter the cavern - the Rune Knights will likely stop you from entering which gives me the chance to sneak past them. Does that sound good to you?"

The First Immortal looked at Poropo with a vacant stare - as an agent of the Iron Deity, the First Immortal had to put up with many indignities, especially being the lowest ranked among his brethren. This task felt a little better than others Poropo had proposed, but still felt like a task for an animal and not a holy being. Regardless, the First Immortal simply hovered towards the crowd, pushed past everyone and attempted to enter the cavern as casually as possible - the Rune Knights obviously noticed the First Immortal try to get inside.

#5Poropo Poproporp 

Poropo Cavern Plundering [Quest] Empty Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:12 pm

Poropo Poproporp
The Rune Knights wordlessly put their spears between the First Immortal and the cavern, ideally preventing the metallic creature from entering. One of the Rune Knights shouted into the crowd, "Who's creature this is? Put it back on it's leash and get out of here this instant! We will use brute force if need be!" The First Immortal stopped as the Rune Knights hoped, but the knights also felt a heat emanating from the little creature - the metallic angel made of condensed light was seething with rage!

"HoW dArE YoU tHiNk I nEeD a LeAsH! i Do NoT cArE aBoUt ThAt StInKiNg MoNk AnYmOrE! i WiLl GeT iNsIdE tHiS cAvErN iF iT's ThE lAsT tHiNg I dO!" The incomprehensible First Immortal did not like the "leash" comment made by the Rune Knight and began struggling to get over the spears like a puppy trying to hope over a small fence. The Rune Knights were not amused by this display and tried to get closer, but in doing so created an opening for the First Immortal to slip past the spears and dash inside! The Rune Knights did not want to be reprimanded so they chased after the little creature after calling for backup. While backup was coming to keep the crowd outside, Poropo would be able to sneak inside.

#6Poropo Poproporp 

Poropo Cavern Plundering [Quest] Empty Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:19 pm

Poropo Poproporp
The sneaky monk went inside the cavern while the first set of Rune Knights was distracted by the infuriated First Immortal - they were able to quickly capture the creature, but the angel continued to struggle. Once Poropo was far enough inside the cavern he could not be seen, the monk dismissed the First Immortal and went further inside. Poropo clasped his hands in prayer, "Thank you, First Immortal, for your perfect execution of this task. May the Iron Deity bless you."

The thankful Poropo began exploring the oddly large cavern - for there to be nobody else in here seemed preposterous. The Rune Knights should be letting people inside to explore to their heart's content, but perhaps the Magic Council wanted the rare metal inside this cavern for themselves. An understandable reason to block the entrance. Thankfully Poropo was being paid to only find the metal - not to unearth the metal for forging. The young man who hired the exploring monk can worry about getting in the Magic Council's way in the future. However, this cavern was massive and required diligent attention - Poropo could hardly see in the dark and had to rely on the light from outside the cavern to explore, but the outside light was slowly fading the deeper the monk waddled.

#7Poropo Poproporp 

Poropo Cavern Plundering [Quest] Empty Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:25 pm

Poropo Poproporp
After a great deal of difficult searching, Poropo could not find any sort of glow within the cavern to indicate the existence of a rare metal - the lack of a metal was true until Poropo saw a large boulder blocking a very faint, blue light. The monk waddled over to inspect - he peeked behind the large rock and saw a vibrant, blue glow coming from a gem-like stone. The monk was happy to have found the rare metal, but to make sure his eyes were not deceiving him he decided to use all his strength, granted to him by his magical plate armor, to lift and move the boulder in the way!

"Heeeeerah! There...ah, a beautiful glow - just as magical as the young man had described. Thankfully my job is only to find the metal and report back...but now I must find a way past the guards again," mumbled the monk to himself as he moved his way out of the cavern. The Rune Knights were likely stationed outside again, maybe even more than before to better handle a situation like the First Immortal again. The only way to find out would be to go out.

Upon inspecting the outside of the cavern entrance from within the cavern, Poropo determined the Rune Knights had fallen asleep on the job - the perfect opportunity to sneak out! The monk carefully snuck out of the cavern as the sun was setting and reported back to the young man about the existence of the rare metal, "The rare metal is real, but I do not think I can get lucky enough to enter this cavern a second time, much less mine the rare metal for you." The young man thanked Poropo and said the metal was no longer of the monk's concern - the young man would worry about obtaining the metal.

1,500/1,500 words

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum