Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Looking for work (Private:Poropo, Color Coordination )

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Alfric Tanaka 

Looking for work (Private:Poropo, Color Coordination )  Empty Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:05 pm

Alfric Tanaka
Heavy eyelids’ captured reality in hazy snapshots of blues and greens. Sleep struggled to reclaim him again, but he heroically fought off its taint. Lips parted slightly allowing a yawn to slip away, leading a closed fist to stop another. Readjusting the item in his mouth, Alfric stretched, his arms reaching outward before they fell. “I should find some work.” He said, finally liberating himself from the slumber that plagued him. He was dressed in a yellow scarf sat atop a green robe with sundrenched trim. Sandwiched between the robe was a yellow long-sleeved shirt and green pants.  An unusual color scheme for Alfric, but he wanted to try something a little different. Besides, he felt the most alive when he stood out and today had been no exception.

Jobs were scarce in the north, so he’d traveled south. The southern lands of Fiore were a beautiful place with glistening oceans and beaches. If someone were to put in a hard day’s work why not do it surrounded by such exquisite scenery? These thoughts and other frequented him as he drunk deep of the paradise that consumed him. “Well, there is no time like the present.” One final burst of exhaustion escaping him, as he left the bench he’d occupied. A slender hand slid over a sea of brown locks, as Alfric contemplated his next course of action. “I am running out of money.” The thought of his dwindling capital made the adventurer groan.        

First Alfric decided he’d buy himself a small apartment. It wouldn’t be anything too elaborate or fancy just enough for him to live. Admittedly he hated the idea of living in such impoverished conditions, but it couldn’t be helped. Walking down the street he looked around at the myriad of vendors and their wares. A particularly shiny apple drew his attention prompting Alfric to buy it. Sliding his pacifier to the side, Alfric pushed the fruit to his mouth. “I am sure there is some work for an adventurer around here.”  Swallowing the last morsel of his apple, he endeavored to keep walking the streets in search of work.

Looking for work (Private:Poropo, Color Coordination )  Uxo02z6
#2Poropo Poproporp 

Looking for work (Private:Poropo, Color Coordination )  Empty Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:43 pm

Poropo Poproporp
Alone, tired, and hungry could describe Poropo as he walked the streets of Hargeon. The rotund monk could only wonder what food on a plate was like as he searched for a metal trashcan to bless and eat from. To be fair, Poropo has experienced food on a plate in the past, but years can make memories fuzzy - thinking of years past, Poropo questioned, "Should I have tried to stay in my village after all? Not knowing which receptacle my next meal comes from is a little disheartening." The motivator for Poropo's change from Sinese Farmer to Fioran Hobo - The Iron Deity - has kept him humble and able to eat anything presented to him. The Iron Deity may not speak to Poropo, but Poropo feels as though he speaks for the Iron Deity and if the monk is gone then so is the god.

Unfortunately, prayer does not put nutrients into Poropo's stomach. Blessing a metal trashcan does not magically cure the garbage of rot and disease. Poropo needs real food soon and he was not above begging, "I need to find someone who looks afluent - they will surely be kind to a st-starving old man such as myself..." The only person Poropo could see in his blurry state was an individualy who looked similar in appearance to Poropo - the yellow robed man just bought an apple so perhaps he might share. Stumbling up to the apple-eating young man, Poropo begged, "H-hello, may the Iron Deity b-bless you. Might you bless me with some f-food?"

#3Alfric Tanaka 

Looking for work (Private:Poropo, Color Coordination )  Empty Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:16 pm

Alfric Tanaka
Bronze oculars lazily followed the movements of a corpulent figure rummaging through garbage. Dressed similarly to himself, the monk’s apparent desperation for food intrigued him. At first, Alfric couldn’t place his finger on just who Poropo was. The elaborate garb and multitudinous piercings spoke of someone who was beyond a simple commoner. Though if that were the case Alfric couldn’t comprehend why he was scrounging for scraps in local trashcans.

It was only after a few minutes of pontification later that it registered. The flashy beggar must have been a monk, although, he hadn’t run across many here. In Joyan there were countless, but in Fiore holy men were of a different type. Rubbing his chin contemplatively, Alfric wondered if he were also a monk of a Joyan religion. “Well…whatever.” Shaking his head, Alfric planned to simply continue with his day. There were more important things to do than watch some old guy, look through trash.

Well, Alfric was going to continue his day, until he was approached by Poropo. With elephantine grace the plump priest stumbled over to Alfric. Driven by hunger and desperation the monk beseeched Alfric for food. Apparently, the trash yielded nothing of value for Poropo so he resorted to a beggars’ role. It wasn’t an imposition for Alfric to spare the old man an apple or two, but it just reminded him of how broke he was.

After a few seconds of contemplation, the adventurer gave a flat “sure.” Turning to the apple vendor, Alfric asked for a bag of 12 apples. The exchange was short with the man stuffing them in the brown paper bag with practiced efficiency. “Thanks.” Alfric stated taking the bag, “If I give you these apples you have to make me a promise.”  He said, maneuvering the item in his mouth to the side of his left cheek, so he could be heard clearly. "Also, what's an iron-diety? Is that a toy? I like toys."

#4Poropo Poproporp 

Looking for work (Private:Poropo, Color Coordination )  Empty Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:10 pm

Poropo Poproporp
Poropo would be upset by the young man calling the Iron Deity a toy, but the monk was too hungry to complain - especially when there were apples ready for the taking! Keeping calm and listening to the best of his aged ability, Poropo understood he would have to make a promise to the young man before taking taking the apples, "Y-yes, I will make a solemn oath under the light of the Iron Deity. What is the oath you wish me to s-swear?" Nervous for the contents of the promise to be made, Poropo started sweating what little water he had left in his wrinkling skin. The shine of the oil on his skin may have hid most of the oozing sweat or perhaps exaggerated - the shine Poropo cared about was of the bright apples in the sack!

With a moment to study the appearance of the young man dangling sweet apples, the oiled monk could not help but wonder what the bulbous device was meant to do. The round object was being moved around in the young man's mouth from left to right - was the object a source of magic or a type of long-lasting food? With the thought of food, Poropo moved his wanting gaze back towards the sack of apples.

#5Alfric Tanaka 

Looking for work (Private:Poropo, Color Coordination )  Empty Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:25 am

Alfric Tanaka
Well, that was easy thought Alfric. He didn’t expect the monk to fold so easily. Perhaps the old codger’s hunger superseded his rationality? Whatever the case may have been, Poropo eagerly agreed to the adventurer’s demands. Of course, he could be lying thought the shiftless explorer, but would a holy man lie? Anyone could be capable of such things no matter how virtuous. Of course, it just seemed unlikely or perhaps, the joyan wanted to believe this man. But why would he want to believe the words of a random stranger? It was then he realized that it wasn’t him who felt that way. Once again, his “affliction” had been affecting his thinking again.  Honestly. He didn’t care if the little round man was fibbing or not, it was just a bag of apples. They could be replaced easily enough, but he couldn’t deny, he wondered if the monk was being truthful.

“I am bored. And I wanted to know if you would be willing to pl…lend me your time. Nothing too strenuous mind you.”  Bag still clutched in his hand, it dangled before Poropo, daring him to take it. Truthfully, Alfric wasn’t certain what his request would entail. After all, he was simply wandering the streets looking for work. It wasn’t like he was undertaking some great adventure. Then again, the scrupulous adventurer was sincere in his claims. He was bored and looking for work was agonizingly slow.  Maybe the old man could provide him some much-needed entertainment. “If you are not interested in joining me that’s fine. I will still give you the apples anyway. I am just horribly bored.”  He said dropping the bag to the ground landing with a soft thud.

Before Alfric could continue he caught a glimpse of Poropo’s eyes. The monk’s attention seemed drawn to him instead of the apples. He wondered what that reason might be until it hit him. He must have been looking at Alfrics’ face more importantly his mouth. No doubt the old man wondered what the object stapled to his lips was. Deciding it was too embarrassing to reveal its identity the adventurer decided he would lie. “Where you looking at this?” He asked pointing to the bulbous device tattooed to his lips.

#6Poropo Poproporp 

Looking for work (Private:Poropo, Color Coordination )  Empty Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:34 am

Poropo Poproporp
The bag of apples dropped to the ground and Poropo's attention was redirected to the shiny, red, food objects. Gently, while listening to the kind young man, Poropo put an apple between his lips and pushed until the apple was down his throat. An audible plop could be heard as the apple sat whole in the gluttonous monk's stomach, waiting to be digested.

"Much better..." whispered Poropo. He thought about the oath he made to help cure the young man's horrible boredom and responded, "You can tell me about that bulbous item later, kind soul - my name if Poropo Poproporp and I am at your service." Poropo clasped his hands together as he stood up and bowed, "What might your name be?"

While waiting for an answer, Poropo grabbed the bag of apples from the ground and continued plopping while apples into his gullet. The monk's philosophy on eating stemmed from purity much like the rest of his life - to eat food whole means to keep the food pure. What happens to the food when eaten is up to the blessing of the Iron Deity and the strength of the throat and stomach. Speaking of his throat, Poropo was not always capable of eating food like a snake - he had to train his swallowing strength just as much as he was putting off training his magic.

#7Alfric Tanaka 

Looking for work (Private:Poropo, Color Coordination )  Empty Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:47 pm

Alfric Tanaka
Alfric watched as the monk greedily devoured his bounty. He was certain that Poropo would take the apples and ditch him, but he was proven wrong. Instead, the old man swore an oath to the adventurer on behalf of his deity. Alfric was just a random guy to be honest, so he was surprised he’d gone through with it. In fact, it made him a bit happy to have made a potential comrade. “Alfric Tanaka. I am adventurer from Joya. Lemme guess, you aren’t from fiore either? You don’t dress the part.” He said in between the large gulps Poropo took. The least Alfric could do is introduce himself to the squat monk, which he did happily.

It was also interesting to meet someone else who didn’t appear to be a native to Fiore. Before he got further ahead of himself he recalled Poropo’s mention of his “mouth trinket.” Not wanting to reveal his embarrassing secret the youth thought up a quick lie. “Well…ya see I am cursed, and this thing keeps the affliction from getting out of hand.” It wasn’t entirely a lie. He was cursed in a way, but not in the traditional way one would expect. “So tell me about yourself. Being a monk you must have seen sights I could only dream of.

#8Poropo Poproporp 

Looking for work (Private:Poropo, Color Coordination )  Empty Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:43 pm

Poropo Poproporp
Poropo was relieved to know the young man, Alfric Tanaka, was kind and not wanting something extreme from the monk's oath. Poropo was also glad to meet someone not of Fiore, "Joya is a land I crossed through on my long journey from Sin - a much enjoyable crossing." Poropo then wanted to address the device Alfric detailed - curses are no joke!

"I wish I could help you with your curse - my magic is untrained, but maybe someday I can help you remove the oral item without fear of affliction." Poropo thought for a moment - the affliction was not detailed more than necessary. The distressed monk wanted to know more but felt he would be pressing on sensitive nerves.

Instead of poking at the matter of the curse further, the saddened monk attempted to cheer up by talking about himself, as requested by Alfric, "Anyway, as I have said I am from the land of Sin. A funny name considering I worship the powerful and pure Iron Deity - a god, not a toy."

While speaking, Poropo thought about what he should reveal about himself next - his ambitions or the philosophy of the Iron Deity? Poropo continued with the intention of explaining his ambitions, "I left on my long journey from Sin, through Joya and other lands, to Fiore for the purpose of earning Jewels through which to comfortably spread the word of the Iron Diety. My initial flow of income was supposed to be from joining the prestigious guild - Blue Pegasus...but as you might guess, I was not successful. I do odd jobs here and there, but I cannot find consistent work." Poropo intended to cheer up but further saddened himself.

#9Alfric Tanaka 

Looking for work (Private:Poropo, Color Coordination )  Empty Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:55 am

Alfric Tanaka
Alfric listened intently to Poropo’s story, Truly the old monk had seen much of what the world had to offer. Alfric on the other hand, had never experienced much outside of Joya. Alfric had heard of Sin, and he’d always wanted to see it for himself. Besides Fiore he’d never been anywhere else. It was always described as a land not unlike his own, but he’d left for Fiore instead. Perhaps one day he’d travel there, but that was dependent on many things. For the time being he would simply enjoy this moment with Poropo.

“Well…it’s not exactly a curse.” Alfric stated shifting his oral ornament to the side. He lied again with good reason he told himself. The last thing Alfric wanted to admit was that he’d bitten off more than he could chew. The extent to, which left him in an odd mental state. To make matters worse Po was a monk, which didn’t help matters. “But….I appreciate your desire to want to help me.” The adventurer stated with a bow of respect for his diminutive new friend.  He was grateful to the monk for trying to help. “So, the Iron Deity is your god? Well, I apologize for my comment earlier.”  He was only partly sincere because he’d hoped it was a toy of some kind.

He had to admit it was intriguing learning about new cultures. It led him to wondering so many things like what kind of magic the old man possessed. Was it connected to the deity he mentioned? All these thoughts and more swam through a sea of similar questions. Alfric’s history wasn’t nearly as complex nor was it wrought with worship. Most of his life up until a little while ago had been monotonous and consisted of dull training regiments and study. The son of two studious wizards he was expected to follow in their footsteps.  It was only until he grasped his own destiny that things changed.  He sometimes pondered if freedom or security was a worthy trade, but it’d been too late to reconsider. “Looking for work, huh? Well that’s been the story of my life since I arrived here. Anything you wanna know about me?”

#10Poropo Poproporp 

Looking for work (Private:Poropo, Color Coordination )  Empty Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:36 pm

Poropo Poproporp
Poropo was happy to meet someone as generous and understanding as Alfric - to apologize for ignorantly believing the Iron Deity was anything but a god was a rare trait most strangers did not possess, at least not to Poropo's limited experience. Poropo chuckled, "Hah hah hah! The Iron Deity appreciates your apology, Alfric. As for knowing more about you..." Poropo did not know what to ask immediately so he paused for a quick moment - upon quick inspection of Alfric's appearance, specifically his clothing, Poropo had an idea of what he would want to know about the young man.

"You said you have trouble with jobs, too, right? Are you a mage or a monk? We happen to dress similarly, but I would not call myself a mage - I am a monk gifted magic by the Iron Deity, hah hah!" Poropo exhaled a quick laugh when talking about the difference between mages and magical monks - the monk believed he was different than normal magic wielders, but just as Alfric was ignorant of the Iron Deity so, too, is Poropo of magic users. Regardless, Poropo continued, "My magic comes from the faith I put into the Iron Diety - do you put your faith into something greater than yourself and if you do...do you wield magic?"

#11Alfric Tanaka 

Looking for work (Private:Poropo, Color Coordination )  Empty Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:30 pm

Alfric Tanaka
Ponderous thoughts weighed on Alfric’s mind at the mention of “faith.” Religion was never something Alfric pursued in childhood or adulthood for that matter. His parents were pragmatic materialist that held more faith in arcane knowledge than religious doctrine. As such, he was simply never influenced by any church’s teachings. In fact, Alfric held no opinion on such matters. He knew people desired to believe in something greater than themselves. Of course, this wasn’t just a religious feeling, but in general, humans craved some sense of “faith.” When confronted by such a vast query Alfric paused before remembering the monk’s other questions. He was so caught up in thought that the lad had nearly forgotten everything else that was said to him.

Pushing his oral ornament to the side so as to, once again be heard clearly, he spoke.  “ Yeah, thanks. I meant no disrespect. I just get excited by certain things more than I should.” It was the creature’s influence that was to blame.  He’d always been embarrassed by its grip on his personality and today was no exception. It had a way of twisting Alfric’s interest in bizarre ways that often left him apologizing to others.

“And oh no, I am an adventurer. I just prefer certain types of clothing to your usual adventurer garbs, ya know?” Well, he was a monk not a warrior, so the old priest probably wasn’t aware of what he meant. Nonetheless, the shifty adventurer continued. “Yeah, I can’t find a job to save my life. I came here all the way from Joya too, but I have had no luck. My money is kind of running out as well.”

Alfric checked the contents of the ever-dwindling wallet he carried with him. He wasn’t destitute by any means, but he needed some work to ensure that didn’t happen. “By the way, what type of magic do you dabble in? My parents were fire sorcerers, but you seem too relaxed for that line of magic.”

Alfric meant no disrespect to fire mages, but his parents were his only reference for magic and they were intense, to say the least. “And to answer your other question, no real faith drives me. I respect others who follow theirs though.” Alfric wasn’t the smartest guy, but he knew how to speak to people. “Oh hey” A rouge thought popped into Alfric’s head.”Why don’t we look for some work together? Between the two of us I am sure we could find some steady work.”

-EXIT-

Last edited by Alfric Tanaka on Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total

#12Poropo Poproporp 

Looking for work (Private:Poropo, Color Coordination )  Empty Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:33 am

Poropo Poproporp
Poropo received all the answers he wanted from Alfric, but the monk wanted to know more - one query the monk would like to ask in the future was of Alfric's relation to his parents. If his parents were sorcerers, why was Alfric not? Poropo wanted to stick near Alfric for other reasons, too, including the "not a curse" curse which forces the adventurer to keep an ornament lodged in his mouth at all times. However, the most pressing matter which affected both the monk and the adventurer was the lack of available jobs within this region of Fiore.

Poropo had an idea and decided to take Alfric along with him - the monk felt obligated, "Hm, hm...I can see a link between the two of us and I wish not to sever it by parting ways - thanks to your apples," the monk demonstrates by shoving another red sphere down his gullet, "I can travel all the way to East Fiore to look for more work." Poropo did not want to hog the apples all to himself so he presented one to Alfric and asked, "if you care to join me then this apple, and maybe more, can be yours, Alfric - hah hah hah!" Poropo knew his offer was weak considering Alfric gave the apples to the monk to begin with, but the jolly old man began slowly waddling backwards in hopes the adventurer would tag along.

"I will be making my way - I hope you decide soon~"

~Exit~

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum