Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Shoulder To Cry On [Storyline - Solo]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Charlotte 

A Shoulder To Cry On [Storyline - Solo] Empty Mon May 03, 2021 1:57 pm

Charlotte

WORDS: 300 | Ivory Idol

Mmmm… That's good. Nothing beats Minstreli Beans, does it~? Perfection, as a woman like me deserves~ Satisfied to the point that she very nearly let loose a little mewl of delight as she taste the warm delight of a fresh and frothy dose of caffeine tickle her tongue in all those bittersweet ways in which seemed to provide such delightful relief, Charlotte Caldwell hummed as she felt the invigorating liquid flowing through her body to provide a sense of wakefulness which stood against the drowsiness which the sun in the sky might have attempted to inflict upon her, and kept her looking sharp eyed and let's face it gorgeous as well. However, even as the blonde enjoyed brew of beans, she couldn't help but feel a little bit distracted by what she saw before her.

Though apparently it isn't to everyone's taste, hm~? A stare that looked like it was made from the most sublime and sparkling sapphire drifting to a small figure who sat opposite her, though the slight frame of this figure with fur like the first frost of winter and the way she was slumping made it difficult to see the strange little feline known as Carla, even the restricted window that was offered to the witch of winter seemed to speak of a sense of sadness and sorrow. Or at the very least disappointment at what she had been served up, which was something, given the delights which sat in front of her.

“Is cake not to your liking, my lovely little lamb?” At the very least the image of a nice slice of ever so fluffy sponge cape topped with something sinfully sweet something that the snowy siren had expected to strike a chord with her young and adorable new friend, as she looked over to the lass and saw how downcast she looked Charlotte couldn't help but intercede, though did so in a tone that perhaps might have sounded a little patronizing, and perhaps even motherly as well, which was a pretty new experience for her really…

GREAT BEAUTY LIES WITHIN THE EYE

"Of Those Who Might Behold Her~"
- Charlotte Caldwell -

credit to nat of adoxography.

#2Charlotte 

A Shoulder To Cry On [Storyline - Solo] Empty Mon May 03, 2021 1:59 pm

Charlotte

WORDS: 650 | Ivory Idol

“Perhaps we should order you something else?” Perhaps coming off seeming like an overbearing parent as she jabbed at her junior with a tone that was a little brusque and business-like, in truth Miss Caldwell was rather unaccustomed to the dynamic which seemed to be developing between herself and the cute little kitten who sat opposite her.
Kids are a lot harder to charm than lusty old men, aren't they? More used to toying with the hearts of men or women than treating with children or offering council to a potential protégé, she was a little out of her element, but also doing her best as well.

“Come now, don’t be shy, what's going to put a smile on that cute face, hm~?” After all, for all of her faults, the fair femme had already developed a fondness for her frosty furred feline, and not just because she looked almost as beautiful as the blonde did either, though that was certainly a plus to say the least.
“I'd have hoped that a day of shopping and special treats might have cheered you up, you know?” The simple fact that she seemed to sense a certain kinship with this darling little girl when she was on form, it was strange to observe but there were times when Charlotte thought she was looking at herself when she saw the boldly blizzard-like bearing that this blanched belle could show, but sadly, today seemed to be lacking for fire in her heart. Or ice, or whatever it was that seemed to give her that edge to her claws and aplomb in her verbosity.

“You're making me doubt my charm as a big sister type, you know~?” Really trying her best to be supportive and understanding but the situation not helping her at all, the wonder in white couldn't help but feel a note of frustration as her day of doting seemed to be falling far short of what might have brought a smile to the face of the cat, or anything other than a sullen stare into the middle distance. And for a woman who was known for being provocative, that was quite the kick in the teeth, I can tell you…

- Charlotte Caldwell -

#3Charlotte 

A Shoulder To Cry On [Storyline - Solo] Empty Mon May 03, 2021 2:00 pm

Charlotte

WORDS: 950 | Ivory Idol

"S-Sorry, I know you're being beyond generous, Miss Charlotte. But…" Finally seeming to coax a little something from the small shape opposite the table but the almost pained squeak of an apology seeming to draw her no satisfaction, though her darling little angel finally did manage to look into those baby blues because of the verbal prodding she was given by the curious coquette she certainly seemed reluctant to respond to her at all, and also seemed totally unable to let her own gaze linger on the face of the frosty femme for long without having to divert to a lower location nearby. And not the usual one that seemed to catch attention either, which was a travesty in of itself, really.

She's locked up tightly, isn't she? Instead the sober soul only seeming to squirm and feel an even greater sense of discomfort at the attention she was receiving, if now for that pure pelt of hers then Miss Caldwell suspected her face might have been turning a rather strong shade of scarlet, though thankfully the blushes were spared thanks to the frosty fur across her.
"Can I ask you something?" In her own way seeming to have been gathering her courage or perhaps coming to the end of her wit with whatever was plaguing her, though the tone of the magnificent moglet remained mild and meek she gathered her nerve and fought against what one would guess to be a lump in her throat, and then made the simplest of requests.

“You can ask me anything you want, my cute little kitten… But whether or not I answer might be another matter~?” Unfortunately for this shy and snowy shaded soul the woman she was speaking to seemed far too used to games of the mind and twists of the word, and as such found a reflexive response coming from her lips which she immediately regretted, even before she had seen the reaction it stirred. Sometimes, being an unstoppable tease could really came back to bite one in the ass, couldn't it?

- Charlotte Caldwell -

#4Charlotte 

A Shoulder To Cry On [Storyline - Solo] Empty Tue May 04, 2021 9:43 am

Charlotte

WORDS: 1300 | Ivory Idol

“Of course I jest, but perhaps only this time~?” Sighing and shaking her head from the regret she felt at reflexively letting loose something risqué rather than something with a little more sympathy and sincerity, a woman who was used to using humour and scathing sarcasm to deal with even the people who drew near to her was far too unpractised in the true expression of truthful sentiment to feel anything but award as she admitted she was joking, and even then couldn't help but toy around even in her attempt at an apology.
“Ask away, love. For you today I shall be as open a book as I am capable~?” Ultimately left shaking her head from side to side and then peeling some of her loose locks back as she tried to ease her automated response and show a little tenderness to the tiny thing nearby, the look of casual disdain that she gave the world seemed to ease and be replaced which looked a little more humane, though in doing this Charlotte also ended up perhaps tipping her hand in regard to the worry she felt as well, and as such was left looking more anxious than she ever would in the face of a foe or a prospective lover.

"I just want to know…" That however seeming like nothing compared to the saturation of anguish which seemed to have been inflicted upon the snowy shape in front of her, with the enhanced level of empathy that Miss Caldwell was forcing upon herself right now she could practically feel the way in which the world was prickling her partner as the cute little kitten shivered in front of her, and felt a coldness growing inside her which she didn't particularly enjoy.
"Why are you… Why are you doing all this for me?!" This seeming like only the beginning though when those big and dark irises jerked back to her face and looked filled with wetness and sorrow, in all honesty it surprised the frosty femme that she could still feel a note of heartbreak when she saw Carla fighting off the urge to sob in front of her, and left her stunned into silence at both that feeling and a question which she struggled to comprehend…

- Charlotte Caldwell -

#5Charlotte 

A Shoulder To Cry On [Storyline - Solo] Empty Tue May 04, 2021 9:43 am

Charlotte

WORDS: 1650 | Ivory Idol

"Buying my clothes, taking me for treats… Taking me home with you…?" That moment of eye contact fleeting in reality but leaving a lasting impression, Miss Caldwell could only blink as her blanched beauty balled before her and then looked away from her gaze as the panic set into her once more, and yet it was accompanied with something else as well. The timber of her voice seeming to crack and then turn from a pleading softness to something a bit more growly, it almost felt as if the fine feline was angry that someone was being so very generous to her, and perhaps someone else might have believed that fact.

"I-I can look after myself, you know!" The effort quite convincing really, there was a sense of defiant outrage and annoyance, but what the woman in white noticed the most was the undertone of desperation, but then she found that was understandable really. She'd been in this position herself, hadn't she? All too quickly reminded of a less than prosperous time in her life where she herself had needed to be reminded of simple charity and kindness by someone with the insight to see through her own mask of suffering, that knowledge seemed to soften the sting that the snowy siren felt as her effort and expense was being thrown back in her face, and perhaps demonstrated a depth to her character which most who saw her domineering ways and taste for the finer things in life might have been surprised by.

“You don't like it? The clothes and the treats and the penthouse suite~?” Because of that managing to push the discomfort which she experienced at having her endeavour be denounced and declared unnecessary and instead focusing on the problem in front of her, after a few seconds of sober silence Charlotte finally responded to the query of her kitten with a question, though tried not to make it too much of an evasion really. After all, she did wish to know if her spoiling was what the youngster wanted, and might have amended her attempts in future if this was the case. Though really, all she wanted was a little bit of honesty, for the moment…

- Charlotte Caldwell -

#6Charlotte 

A Shoulder To Cry On [Storyline - Solo] Empty Tue May 04, 2021 9:44 am

Charlotte

WORDS: 2050 | Ivory Idol

"It's… Not about whether I like them or not…!" Never having realized just how expressive the face of a cat could be until this very moment, in a later moment the frosty femme would have to admit to a slight fascination as she watched a figure who had been pretty much stony faced for all the time she had known her thus far looking like she was wrestling with so much, and even as she found her frustrated feline seeing to struggle with what she needed to express, Charlotte only felt a greater degree of determination to get to the bottom of what was going on here.
"It's just… Humans, grown up ones, aren't nice like that? And… Even the ones that are, usually aren't like you…?" Clearly the matter rather a complex one but the onion of unhappiness they were peeling gradually becoming clearer and clearer the deeper that they delved toward its centre, with a little coaxing from the cooled coquette it quickly became apparent that the meat of the matter had little to do with what the gifts her girl had been given, and far more strongly associated with the message or intent which was meant to be conveyed beneath them. Though this was likely what she expected, given her own personal experience in things like this.

“Well, there probably aren't all that many people who are like me?” Once again the first port of call for the frosty femme's response seeming to lay in the bay of entertainment, given the heavy topics with which they were dealing and the sheer difficulty that Carla was experiencing in doing so as well, a little playful grandstanding seemed like a natural way in which they might both be distracted from the depth of darkness for a second, and most importantly remind the slight shape that not all hope for happiness was lost either.
“I'd like to consider myself quite the special little snowflake, and would hate to think I have all that many imitators out there?” Because of that the blonde all too happy to parody herself as she flicked her hair around and huffed, few would ever get to see Miss Caldwell use that sense of observed wit against herself, but in this case it seemed appropriate. After all, her pretty little pet might find herself a little more assured of her intentions if she showed a side of her that no others got to see, right? And today, it seemed like she might just have the chance to see all kinds of rarities about the scope covered by this iconic queen of ice…

- Charlotte Caldwell -

#7Charlotte 

A Shoulder To Cry On [Storyline - Solo] Empty Tue May 04, 2021 9:45 am

Charlotte

WORDS: 2450 | Ivory Idol

“As for your question. It's because of a great many things, and first and foremost because I find you cute?” Pausing for a second and settling for an eyeroll in response to her playfulness even if it wasn't a full smile because at least it meant that for a moment her pretty little kitty was feeling something other than darkness and desperation, with Carla doing her best to speak openly and honestly in spite of the torment she seemed to endure it only seemed natural that Miss Caldwell do the same, though for her the effort was something she would find herself needing to ease into. Like a marathon, rather than a sprint.
“Know it or not, you're a pretty little thing, and I'm a purveyor of all things beautiful. So naturally, I'd like to ensure you remain at your best, as a simple matter of standards…” Those defences that had been built around her as a guard against all things rotten which may have harmed her standing for an awfully long time now and locked tight with both ferocity and a tendency toward deflection, it was easier for the enchantress to express a methodology which seemed rather frivolous at first and likely wouldn't satisfy her snowy shape all that much to begin with, but hopefully would move them along the path toward something a little more sincere as the dialogue continued.

“Does it… Would you rather I wasn't so nice to you?” Not that the path would be all that straightforward mind you, and rather quite the trial of twists and tangles to tell one the truth, though Charlotte might have wanted to admit the deeper reason behind her fascination with this frosty-coloured feline she instead felt the momentum of her monologue turning to questioning instead, and she became a little frank as she did so as well.
“From where I'm sitting, I can't help but feel like my interest and generosity has made you… Uncomfortable?” The voice of the vixen growing more quiet as she did so and the answer that she sought one which she hoped would be an effort of truth, the last thing she wanted to do was to keep pushing her opinion and action on someone who didn't or couldn't wish to bear them, so before anything else she opted to see if there was something worth salvaging here between them. After all, if the magnificent moggy mistress felt there wasn't, she had no intent of detaining her any longer…

- Charlotte Caldwell -

#8Charlotte 

A Shoulder To Cry On [Storyline - Solo] Empty Tue May 04, 2021 9:45 am

Charlotte

WORDS: 2800 | Ivory Idol

"It's… I don't…" Clearly the direct approach something that seemed to stall Carla as her frosty friend found those big and dark eyes darting from one side to the other as she struggled to weigh up the option either way, Miss Caldwell found the simple fact that she was not immediately told to sling her proverbial hook and make for the hills as a good sign of how the troubled youngster really felt about her, even if the complications of her life had made such things difficult for her to say or understand.
"It's hard to know what to make of it, is all?" The slight and snowy shape confused by what she was feeling and what she was thinking and perhaps the true prize in being so youthful and adorable the simple fact that one could express their troubles without feeling like they needed to put on airs, though the admission of her angel was something that the blonde bombshell felt like their discussion was building toward it was also almost liberating to be said aloud, and prompted her to be a little more honest herself as well.

“What to make of it…? Hmmmm…” Nodding at the earnestness of her partner and her eyes seeming to glaze over as she digested the admission, there seemed like there were about a dozen or more different and clever ways in which she could have responded to the query about the undertones of her intent, but ultimately the moment did not need a sharp mind but rather an honest mouth.
“Well, I suppose, as clumsy and superficial and hard to believe as it might seem… I'm trying to make friends with you?” Shaking her head to throw off the notion of saying something funny or grandiose or laden with wit and intelligence and instead respond with something earnest, the veneer of the vixen slipped a little further still as she leaned a little closer and fidgeted with the hair at the back of her head, looking even more awkward but also far more sincere than she had in years at the same time as well. Gosh, this parenting lark might make an honest woman of her yet, eh?

- Charlotte Caldwell -

#9Charlotte 

A Shoulder To Cry On [Storyline - Solo] Empty Tue May 04, 2021 12:13 pm

Charlotte

WORDS: 3100 | Ivory Idol

“Clearly my efforts haven't been having the desired result…” Smiling softly but with a sense of soft regret as she observed aloud the fact that her efforts seemed to have been largely misplaced, perhaps Carla might have never known how lucky she was to not only see this genuine display she was offered by Miss Caldwell, or that she was one of the rare souls to whom the snowy siren sought a sense of connection and kinship with whilst lacking any desire for exploitation or pronounced personal enjoyment on her part.
Making friends, real friends, has always been a challenge, hasn't it? More the sort of girl who tended to use her potent powers of seduction to snare the men and women who caught her eye and lingered for little time on notions of companionship, it was more true that she tended to scare away her fellow femmes and others who sought a more platonic bond with her, either by design or accident.

“But I suppose when we met on that ship I found myself intrigued by you?” However, on this occasion her desire to find common ground was quite genuine, in part because of all the reasons she had listed, and also because of something that she felt would leave her feeling a little too vulnerable to admit.
“And… This is how I find myself expressing that fascination and fondness?” Unsure of whether it was sourced from vanity or perhaps a more altruistic desire to lend a little comfort and security to someone in the same position as she once was, she'd likely never tell her frosty furred feline that she simply couldn't abide the idea of leaving her alone and at the mercy of fate and fortune like she was, which was sad really. However, a woman like her had a reputation to maintain, now didn't she?

- Charlotte Caldwell -

#10Charlotte 

A Shoulder To Cry On [Storyline - Solo] Empty Tue May 04, 2021 12:14 pm

Charlotte

WORDS: 3400 | Ivory Idol

"My friend…? That's…" Perhaps the effort of expression which seized the enchantress making her focus a little too inwardly and as such finding herself zoning out for a second or two, after a moment or ten of silence the attention of Miss Caldwell was finally seemed to slip back into the scene around her thanks to a meagre and meek squeak from her companion, and as she let that sapphire stare resume its focus on her feline friend the frosty femme found her heart throbbing from what she saw.
"T-That's what he said too." The small shape that sat opposite her seeming to go beyond shiver and into a full on shuddering quiver, though it was hard to tell with such a tiny little jawline covered by that snowy softness the woman in white could tell that Carla was clamping her jaw tightly as she struggled to control her emotions, and then seemed to lose such a battle and finally admit something which her confidante seemed to expect, and then at the same tie found herself lamenting the discovery of all the same.

'He'? Who wanted to be her friend…? Quickly able to guess the fact that her cute kitten had been hurt before by someone and that was the reason which lay behind her distant and defensive behaviour, the news that a man was involved in the trauma which surrounded her pretty little partner was nothing of a surprise to her, and yet still prompted a sense of outrage within the witch of winter which meant that she needed to draw one of her hands back and under the table to hide the way that it made her fist ball and shake with indignation.
"But then he…" The truth often acting as a bitter pill to swallow even when one went looking for it, it quietened the mouth of the mistress and whilst it focused her mind to what her tablemate was telling her, it also would become all too 'real' for her as well, and all too quickly…

- Charlotte Caldwell -

#11Charlotte 

Charlotte

WORDS: 3800 | Ivory Idol

“It's all right, Carla. Take your time. This isn't easy, I'm sure.” There seeming to be an almost ironic sense of strangeness to the situation as Charlotte felt the hairs on the back of her neck prickle like someone had cast an ice cold gust down her back, though her tone remained soft and slightly sweet as she spoke and encouraged her concerned kitten to continue with her description of the event which had cast such distrust upon her life, all that the blonde could do was remember the 'he' from her own life and as a result found herself filled with a mix of boiling hot fury and yet also the icy depths of dread and terror as well, the latter of which she had hoped she might never feel again.
“What did 'he' do, my dear…?” In spite of this urging her frail looking feline to continue and to admit to her the nasty things that had happened in her life, the voice of the vixen seemed like barely more than a whisper as some long neglected maternal tendency seemed to take over for the temptress, and provide her with the insight and empathy necessary to extend her hand and let it settle right on the table in front of her friend. Available, if she needed it.

"He… Tricked me. Seemed to be… so kind, but after he took me to one side… he gave me a drink that made me feel funny?" Perhaps in some ways the cool veneer that Miss Caldwell had learned to maintain as a mask proving most useful here, had she let her emotions loose in a fashion without this guard then she knew that she would be sneering right now as Carla relayed the details of the despicable beast who had exploited her, though in that regard might just have been happy that she was managing to obscure her own feeling of vulnerability and exposure.
"Then next thing I knew… I woke up in a cage…!" That being said unable to deny the way in which her sympathies and seething resentment seemed to swell as she saw her little lass begin to wipe her cheeks because of the stream of beads which ran down them and heard her wail with desperation at what had been done to her, all that the woman of winter wished to do was embrace the pretty lil kitty before her and drive a nice shard of ice through the eye socket of he who had upset her angel as well, and even though it was out of character she couldn't resist doing one of those things…

- Charlotte Caldwell -

#12Charlotte 

Charlotte

WORDS: 4150 | Ivory Idol

“…Oh Carla…!” Never much of a hugger in her life before this moment, with her father dead and her mother too busy being moronic Charlotte Caldwell had never really known what it was like to be pulled into one's arms and made to feel safe, but in this moment some part of her hoped that such detail would not matter, though as her mitts sprang forward she knew that even if it did she would not care. Practically leaping out of her seat as her fingers fished for the furry frame of her friend and snatching that small and snowy shaded shape up whether her anguished angel liked it or not, all too soon she was pulling her partner close to her and squeezing her tightly against her chest, and not for a single moment feeling the least bit awkward or self-conscious about that fact.

“It's alright. It really is, no scum like that would dare get near you again, you hear me? Not with my beside you.” This moment not about her and as she found that wave of compassion seizing her even a woman so vain as this vixen capable of realizing that simple fact, all that she could do was cradle the trembling shape close to her in a manner which was steeped in matriarchal intention, and only the most accidental design about starving her of oxygen as she buried her face in somewhere large and soft with only the chance to escape when the usually frosty femme permitted it.
“I'll keep you safe, I promise. I promise you, with all my heart… I'll make sure nobody hurts you again!” Not that she opted to starve her princess of oxygen for too long and after a rather sizeable and tightly clamped embrace the enchantress easing back to look into a pair of eyes which looked to still be flooded by tears and surprise, and what she hoped was not terror as well, the buxom beauty was as emphatic as she had ever been as she swore that she would ensure the safety of her cute little charge, and she meant it as well, as she was about to affirm…

- Charlotte Caldwell -

#13Charlotte 

A Shoulder To Cry On [Storyline - Solo] Empty Tue May 04, 2021 12:15 pm

Charlotte

WORDS: 4600 | Ivory Idol

“I know a lot of people have probably said stuff to you, and you're a smart girl, so you can tell they aren't being truthful. But I am.” Shaking her head as she guessed that a little lady who had been lied to before was not about to be the most trusting girl in the world, with the body of her blanched belle held against her so sweetly with one hand Charlotte lifted the other and cupped the cheek of her cat gently, and couldn't help but think that even with this look of surprise on her face and tears on her cheeks her new friend had never looked cuter to her.
“I do know what you're going through, because when I was a girl… A monster of a man took everything from me, and tried to do horrible things as he did so as well…?” This perhaps another factor in the mechanism which seemed to allow the magical minx to disarm her guard further and admit the reasoning behind the strong sympathy she showed and also perhaps also explain the near-unstoppable sense of fury she might later show, the usually frost femme found herself with little issue admitting to her angelic ally the abridged version of her childhood, and found a little bit of satisfaction or something similar in the nod of understanding and recognition that she received in response to her confession as well.

“So believe me when I say that if I ever saw him, I'd make sure I split him from crotch to crown with my sword. No, with a rusty bread knife, for what he did to my sweet angel~? I swear it.” It almost feeling like a weight had been lifted off the woman because of her admission as well which only helped her to lift her boldness and bravado even higher, what was probably the most honest smile that Mss Caldwell had worn in years flashed across the face of the femme as she vowed to ensure that the creep whose deeds had plagued her partner would meet a grisly end, but even then she felt like this wasn't enough.
“And with that in mind, tell me… What does this bastard look like~?” Suspecting that Carla would only truly be able to move on with her life if she got some catharsis and closure on what she had been through, the wintery witch was only too keen to facilitate such an ideal with her own action, and glad to do so as well. After all, it had taken her years to get her revenge and those years had changed her, so maybe if they dealt with the issue more quickly then her kitten might be able to come out the other side with a little of her innocence and purity intact, no~?

- Charlotte Caldwell -

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum