Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Close Encounters of the Familial Kind (Social;Masado)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Ko Lesalt 

Close Encounters of the Familial Kind (Social;Masado) Empty Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:24 pm

Ko Lesalt

Today was turning out to be an odd day, and Ko entirely blamed the rollercoaster that had been yesterday for the whole ordeal. It had started with him waking up in his room, stone sober and without a hangover. That usually only happened when Ko had a job to prepare for, but his entire schedule was open. The reason he hadn't been drinking was the company he'd been enjoying before returning home.

His encounter with Rinni Faithe had been perhaps the most mind-boggling thing Ko had ever experienced. The fact that they seemed to be dating now, after a single day, defied logic. Yet Ko couldn't deny that picturing her flustered and angry face brought a grin to his lips. Considering he had no jobs for the day, Ko had intended to go about his usual training routine, only to find himself looking at his clothes with a dissatisfied feeling. All of his clothing and armor was old and worn, and honestly it made him look a bit like a bum. The confusing part was why it seemed to bother him all of a sudden.

Regardless, Ko resolved to spend the day spending money on something other than liquor; specifically, on new equipment. He'd hit the first clothing store he could find and spent nearly two hours inside being assaulted by the staff. Yes, assaulted; Ko couldn't think of a better way to describe them forcing article upon article of clothing upon him without any regard for his feelings.

Thankfully he survived that ordeal with a new set of clothing to show for his trouble that was close to his typical outfit of blacks and reds. Unfortunately he'd had to endure the same treatment while replacing his footwear, as well as at the armorer's, though he ended up settling for a set of cleaning equipment in the latter's case. He was saving the last of his money for his final stop: the Blacksmith.

Ko loved his sword, but even he had to admit that it was subpar. Recent happenings had proven that he needed to be better prepared, or sooner or later he'd come up against an opponent he couldn't beat with the weaponry on hand. That meant getting an upgrade, even if he didn't want to replace his original sword. So that was where Ko found himself, browsing mutely through the work the Blacksmith had on display, trying to decide if it would be worth it to commission something directly.

#2Masado Faithe 

Close Encounters of the Familial Kind (Social;Masado) Empty Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:08 pm

Masado Faithe
Today had been an exceptionally long day for one Masado Faithe as the blonde young man headed through town to clear his head. He had already successfully pissed off his little sister by showing up unexpected at her guild... with a tattoo declaring he had also signed up. Man, he was supposed to be the one who knew how to handle this stuff. He can fight and brawl from dusk until dawn, yet he can't handle a face-off with Rinni Faithe.

He sighed in exasperation as she headed down the street, hands in his jean pockets. He was dressed casual, no armor or weapon in sight. But that didn't make him completely helpless, he did pozes magic. Still, he felt naked as an unarmed Spellsword, and he'd lost his equipment gambling. Heaven forbid his parents ever find out that little incident. He chuckled at the fact he was just as irresponsible as his 15-year-old sister, despite being 6 years older. His blue eyes scanned the streets, looking for a place to shop. He checked out a few stores, not much of interest in Marigold.

He could get his armor and clothing elsewhere, what he really needed was a sword and shield. So, he headed to the blacksmith to browse his wares. Maybe with any luck he could get something custom. As he entered the smithy, he saw a young man around his age, maybe a little younger, browsing the weapons. He looked raggedy like he was off the streets or something. Masado wondered why he was even in a place like this.

He casually walked over to examine the same weapon wrack. As he did so, he spoke calmly and coolly to the young man. "Are you lost, man? You seem a bit out of place here." As they stood side by side, at this close range it was obvious they were the same exact height, leaving no room for height-related jokes or insults. Hopefully, it would be a casual discussion among men and not a childish show of strength.

Close Encounters of the Familial Kind (Social;Masado) Giphy
Languages: Fiorian = #0066cc, Encan = #9966cc
#3Ko Lesalt 

Close Encounters of the Familial Kind (Social;Masado) Empty Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:03 am

Ko Lesalt

Ko was leaning in close to inspect the intricate filigree on the hilt of a broadsword when Masado suddenly addressed him. Having not been expecting any interactions that weren't from staff, it took Ko a moment to realize he was being spoken to at all, and when he finally noticed he turned towards Masado with a slightly sour expression.

While Ko couldn't exactly argue regarding his appearance, he could certainly take umbrage at the suggestion that he didn't belong in here. It wasn't like having bad taste in clothing made him less likely to know how to use a sword. "I'm exactly where I need to be: spending some money on something other than food and lodgings for once."

As he spoke, Ko lifted the broadsword he'd been inspecting off the rack, testing it for balance and weight. He certainly wasn't being overly showy to prove to this stranger that he wasn't just some random homeless man trying to get out of the sun. Certainly not. Ultimately, the broadsword was an excellent item but it didn't speak to Ko's sensibilities, so he placed it back where it was.

Turning to face Masado, Ko took in the young man's appearance. He certainly had the look of a warrior, in the most basic sense. No weaponry in sight, but Ko knew that not all Mages carried weapons with them at all times, and he could easily see the Penumbra Guard tattoo on the man's arm. "And what about you, Mr. Penumbra Guard Mage? A little window shopping among plebeians, or would you actually know how to handle one of these?"

#4Masado Faithe 

Close Encounters of the Familial Kind (Social;Masado) Empty Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:23 pm

Masado Faithe
I'm exactly where I need to be: spending some money on something other than food and lodgings for once.

Masado wasn't entirely impressed, based on how this kid looked. He looked like he came off the street. Wouldn't surprise him any to learn that this man standing beside him was a drunk too. He seemed like the type. But he did say he sent money of food and lodging, so that implied he wasn't some poor beggar at least. At least, Masado hoped not! He had nothing to offer the younger man anyway.

He watched with amused interest as the brooding young man swung a sword around, testing the feel of it. He folded his arms as the younger Spellsword placed the sword back on the wrack, clearly not satisfied with it.  "You seem to know your way around a sword. Perhaps I misjudged you."

And what about you, Mr. Penumbral Guard Mage? A little window shopping among plebeians, or would you actually know how to handle one of these?

In response to this, the blond then proceeded to pick up the same sword, swinging it in the air. He pointed it at the young man, casually examining the reach and then spoke coolly. "You tell me."

He then swung the sword over his shoulder and held out the opposite hand for the dark young man to shake if he accepted. "The name's Masado. Masado Faithe. To whom do I owe the pleasure?" If he accepted the handshake, he'll notice a tight grip behind it as if challenging his strength.

#5Ko Lesalt 

Close Encounters of the Familial Kind (Social;Masado) Empty Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:18 am

Ko Lesalt

If Ko were a lesser man he might have preened at the admission that he knew what he was doing with the sword. It was a given that Ko knew his way around a blade; his profession demanded it, after all, and he wasn't some useless greenhorn either. As such, he took the admission with at least a semblance of grace.

When the stranger then decided to take Ko's question as a chance to show off himself, Ko was a little less inclined to continue showing grace. Something about this guy really rubbed him the wrong way, and the fact that Ko couldn't figure out what it was irritated him with increasing vigor. Still, this was just a meeting in passing, so Ko kept up his calm and polite mask, simply inclining his head once Masado made his point.

Ko hadn't been expecting the man to introduce himself, yet as he stared at the stranger's outstretched hand, his introduction finally settled in and Ko had to control his surprise. Masado Faithe. Marigold wasn't a big city; Ko didn't believe that Rinni was the only one with a family named Faithe in the entirety of Fiore, but in Marigold that was too much of a coincidence. Ko had somehow, by chance, crossed paths with the Brother Rinni had quite decidedly stated she didn't want him to meet.

Immediately, Ko took the man's hand, shaking it firmly and happily returning the tight grip. "Well, the pleasure is all mine, Masado Faithe. You can call me Ko Lesalt. Mercenary by trade." Though he did his best to keep the enthusiasm out of his voice, Ko could already feel his heart racing, like a child who was sneaking a snack from the cookie jar in the middle of the night. This was not only a chance to mess with Rinni indirectly, but it was a chance to screw with her Brother as well. It was like Christmas come early.

Feigning a contemplative expression, Ko brought a hand to his chin as if trying to remember something. "Faithe, Faithe...that name sounds so familiar. You wouldn't happen to have a sister, would you? Little thing, carries a bow, little white fox follows her around? I could swear she was a part of Penumbral Guard." Ko didn't need to tell Masado that they hadn't met on the job; let him make assumptions as he wanted, and Ko would happily fill his head with complete lies about his sister's activities. It'd only make it funnier when the truth came out.

#6Masado Faithe 

Close Encounters of the Familial Kind (Social;Masado) Empty Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:37 pm

Masado Faithe
The kid had a tight grip. In fact, it was tighter than his own. He was impressed. Whoever this man was, he wasn't a regular civilian. Perhaps he was a mage or adventurer of sorts. As they shook hands, the man introduced himself as Ko Lesalt. Interesting name. He was definitely not a man Masado looked down upon, as they easily stood eye level to each other. However, his change in demeanor and sudden enthusiasm was offputting to the knight. If he didn't know any better, he'd think he knew him. But that's impossible.

Faithe, Faithe...that name sounds so familiar. You wouldn't happen to have a sister, would you? Little thing, carries a bow, little white fox follows her around? I could swear she was a part of Penumbral Guard.

This is what caught the attention of the newest Penumbral Guard member. So, this man knew his sister after all. Or, in the very least, he had heard of her. But, the way he described her so accurately implied heavily that he had at least seen her a time or two. Perhaps around town, or maybe they had a passing word like he was now, hell, he'd even be willing to accept the possibility of Ko and Rinni taking a mission together and meeting on the job.

However, it better not be anything more than that. Masado scoffed at the thought. This guy wasn't even his sister's type. His personality and appearance were a stark contrast to that of his sweet baby sister. Still, he'd play along and see who this Ko is and what his connection is with his sister.

"Oh, you know Rinni then? Yeah, she's my sweet baby sister, alright. Innocent and pure as the freshly driven snow. And she'd best stay that way." Masado had a threatening tone to his voice on the last few words. "She's only 15. She doesn't need the drama of relationships. She's too impressionable at her age, ya know what I mean?"

He paused for a moment to examine Ko, before speaking again. "Look, Ko Lesalt, you seem like an okay guy, from what I know of ya... which, let's be honest, is nothing... but I don't like the tone or expression you took when speakin' of my sister. If you have any intentions towards her besides platonic, I'll stop you right here and now. You're too old for her. She's just a kid and doesn't know what she wants yet. Consider this a warning."

#7Ko Lesalt 

Close Encounters of the Familial Kind (Social;Masado) Empty Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:12 pm

Ko Lesalt

This couldn't have possibly gone better. Ko had pegged this Masado character as a complete siscon, but the fact that even just bringing her up in passing had the guy threatening him was better than Ko could have hoped for. Honestly, Ko could even understand where the guy was coming from. Masado clearly wasn't aware of the hardships Rinni had recently been forced to endure, nor how quickly she'd had to grow up as a result. Perhaps when she'd decided to join Penumbral Guard she'd been the innocent little thing Masado remembered, but Ko knew different.

Still, that didn't mean he was going to tell Masado that. Or, at least, he wasn't going to explain how. "Ahh, see, I thought you seemed like the protective type, Masado. I suppose its a good thing I brought her up, cause if you were hoping to keep her out of relationships I think you might be a bit too late for that." Knowing that comment was probably going to get Masado all worked up, Ko continued speaking quickly.

"See, I originally just met the girl by chance, that's how I learned her name; she's a polite one, that young lady. Thing is, after that I just happened to spot her in Marigold at a Teahouse. With a man. Real gloomy type too; dark and broody sort. Definitely not the type to eat at a Teahouse like that. They sell the most adorable rice balls shaped like dog faces." Ko was purposely rambling at this point, but he also wasn't exactly lying. Everything he was saying was the truth; he just wasn't telling Masado that he was the broody man Rinni was eating with.

"And let me tell you, when I first saw them I thought it had to be work related, but then they started feeding each other! Poor girl's face was red as a tomato. It was so cliche I thought I was gonna vomit." By this point Ko was having to school his expression because he was watching Masado's face, waiting to see his reaction.

#8Masado Faithe 

Close Encounters of the Familial Kind (Social;Masado) Empty Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:20 pm

Masado Faithe
If you were hoping to keep her out of relationships I think you might be a bit too late for that

That alone was enough to set Masado off. His first thought was what Ko was referring to. Or in this case, who. Rinni couldn't possibly be keeping secrets from him, could she? They were always so close and told each other everything. There was no way she'd pull shit like that. Then again, she did run away and scare the family to death. Thankfully, Ko spoke up quickly before Masado could snap on him.

As he described the alleged date he supposedly witnessed, the man he described did not sound like someone he'd approve of his sister dating. The fact they were feeding each other also made his blood boil. If it was Ko's plan to piss off this man, he was succeeding. It was in his best interest to back off now, but it didn't appear as though Ko was worried about Masado's wrath.

The more Ko spoke, the angrier Masado became. His face was twice as red as Rinni's ever was, only his was anger. Once Ko finished speaking, Masado stood there quietly, shifting his weight and pulling a face. He looked as though he was itching for a fight. He ran his hand through his blond hair before Grabbing Ko and shoving him against the weapon wrack.

"Who the fuck is this guy? Where can I find him? You know an awful lot about this, so I know you know! And you better fucking tell me, NOW!"

#9Rinni Faithe 

Close Encounters of the Familial Kind (Social;Masado) Empty Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:57 pm

Rinni Faithe
Rinni Faithe was taking a walk through town, trying to cool off after her blow up in the Guild Hall. She was still fuming at Masado after the stunt he pulled. Where did it get off joining her Guild just so he could spy on her activities? Did she have no right to privacy? No personal space? She sighed infuriated as she ran her hand through her hair, much like Masado did when angry.

Apparently, hot tempers ran in the family.

She decided to do some window shopping, maybe find a nice set of armor or a dagger or bow in the process. She just needed something to get her mind off her brother and everything else that happened lately. It wasn't enough she was a werewolf, and could turn any day now, any minute... but now her brother was all up in her business. And it was about to get worse.

As she reached the smithy, she saw two familiar figures talking. Her eyes widened and her skin paled. Oh no. Please, be a bad dream. She wasn't sure how, but Ko Lesalt and Masado Faithe had met. She knew Marigold wasn't a big city but, she wasn't expecting this to happen.

The little fox by her side wagged her tails in excitement at seeing Ko. Rinni stared in horror at seeing Masado. She felt her hairs stand on end, frozen in shock. The Snow Vulpix wasted no time running toward Ko as fast as she could. "Winter! Wait!... Damn it..."

It was in that moment that Masado slammed Ko into the wrack, and Rinni gasped and took off running toward the men. She was at this point under the assumption that Masado knew about Ko and was pissed. She was heading in to disengage the situation, but Winter got there first due to a head start.

The little fox bit Masado's boot growling and trying to pull him away from Ko. Winter was, adorably, protecting the mercenary! Thankfully, Rinni was pretty fast, so she caught up mere moments after. She moved between the two Spellswords and separated them forcefully, being oddly stronger than both despite her size in comparison. She looked up at Masado in disbelief and shook her head before turning toward Ko.

She hugged him and checked him over for injuries. "Are you okay, Tiger? My brother didn't hurt you, did he?" She asked, more concerned for him than her own kin. She was too busy examining his face, arms, and torso for any scars bruises or other damage to even pay attention to the blond behind her.

While doing this, Winter was on her hind legs, paws against Ko's leg, whining and wagging her tails as she looked up at him happy to see him. This probably wasn't going to end well.

Close Encounters of the Familial Kind (Social;Masado) Format,gif
Fiorian #00ffcc, Encan #ffcc66, Candy #ff99ff
Theme Song
#10Ko Lesalt 

Close Encounters of the Familial Kind (Social;Masado) Empty Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:30 pm

Ko Lesalt

Well now, this was getting interesting. Ko hadn't been certain that Masado was the sort to get physical over something like this, but it seemed even the insinuation that he knew something about Masado's sister was enough to set the man off. He wasn't even slightly gentle when he shoved Ko up against the weapon racks, though Ko reigned in his own natural reaction. He even gave the shopkeeper a look over Masado's shoulder to let him know there wasn't any problems. No point in letting the fun end too early.

"Ah, come on Masado, this isn't really very becoming behavior for a Guild Mage. Maybe take a deep breathe and-...Oh no." Whatever Ko was going to say died in his mouth the second he heard the familiar pitter patter of a fox approaching, followed by a flash of white suddenly nipping at Masado's boots. That was definitely Winter, unmistakably.

As he'd feared, Rinni entered the store in a flurry, and actually shocked him with her strength when she forced Masado to take a step back. When had she gotten that strong? Her arms were around him after that, hugging him before checking him over for injuries. Part of him was considerably embarrassed by the fact that she assumed he'd be injured that easily, but at the moment he was more concerned about her getting annoyed at him for the confrontation with her brother. "Rinni, Rinni I'm fine, come on. You're gonna give your brother an aneurysm if you keep fondling me." It seemed he still couldn't control his mouth at all, though.

Looking back at Masado, Ko offered him a crooked grin. "Uh, surprise? In my defense, she seduced me." Ko might have seemed mostly unconcerned on the surface, but internally he was panicking. He'd been hoping to clean up at least a little bit before meeting Rinni again; getting into a fight with her brother right before hand didn't seem like the best impression. Leaning down slightly, Ko gave Winter a pat on the head. At least he couldn't mess up with that.

#11Masado Faithe 

Close Encounters of the Familial Kind (Social;Masado) Empty Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:52 pm

Masado Faithe
Masado wasn't sure what surprised him more. The fact a familiar white fox was biting him and trying to tug him away, or the fact his sister was protecting this loser. Everything happened in quick succession. First, the six-tailed fox appeared and latched onto Masado's boot. "Winter?"

Next, a hand was shoved against his chest as he was forcefully removed from his assault on Ko. He was more shocked to discover it was Rinni that had supplied the force to separate the men. When did his shy, sweet, gentle baby sister become so strong? What had he missed while he was in training as a Spellsword for the militia?

"Rinni? What the..."

Are you okay, Tiger? My brother didn't hurt you, did he?

"Tiger?!"

Rinni, Rinni I'm fine, come on. You're gonna give your brother an aneurysm if you keep fondling me.

"Fondling?!"

Uh, surprise? In my defense, she seduced me.

"What the fuck did you do to my little sister, you sick fuck?!" Masado practically screamed in Ko's face, pushing past Rinni, trying to separate his baby sister from the man that had obviously corrupted her. That was the only logical answer, he had corrupted her! There was no way she'd be with this freak otherwise! And he highly doubted such a shy quiet girl could seduce a man like Ko!

#12Rinni Faithe 

Close Encounters of the Familial Kind (Social;Masado) Empty Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:21 pm

Rinni Faithe
What the fuck did you do to my little sister, you sick fuck?!

Rinni had enough of his bullshit at this point. She easily maneuvered between her boyfriend and her brother, letting out a low growl that Ko would easily recognize as her true nature showing through. Masado had no idea what was going on, having that Rinni never told him about her werewolf incident. In fact, right now Ko Lesalt knew Rinni better than her own family. It was sad but true. She told him something she hadn't even shared with Masado, much less their parents.

"ENOUGH, MASADO!" She snapped with a rumbling growl behind her voice, her eyes flashing to that of a more wolfish appearance briefly as she glared at her brother. The shy quiet girl that Ko met wasn't present in this standoff. It could be simply because it was her own family that made her able to stand her ground. Or it could be the wolf blood messing with her biology and hormones.

"This is MY life, Nii-san! MY choice! I join a Guild, and you stalk me. I get a boyfriend, and you attack him. ENOUGH! I'm not your baby sister anymore! I'm just... your sister! You have no IDEA what I've been through! Not like Ko does... not like Lucian... not like Tomoe... THEY know me! You... you'd never understand, Masi!"

Not only was she putting Masado in his place, she felt like the biggest one there despite being the smallest one there. Winter climbed into Ko's arms as he reached down to pet her. The little fox was whining scared of Rinni as she'd never seen her this angry before. She was heaving heavily and rumbling a low growl behind every word. It was almost as though she could transform at any moment if someone didn't calm her down soon.

Theme Song
#13Ko Lesalt 

Close Encounters of the Familial Kind (Social;Masado) Empty Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:02 pm

Ko Lesalt

This entire situation was exactly as awkward as Ko had been anticipating. While he hadn't exactly been helping very much by egging Masado on, he hadn't realized just how volatile the relationship between these siblings was. To make matters worse, he didn't entirely find Masado's attitude unreasonable. He'd been an older brother before; he understood that instinct to protect at any cost. And he knew how self-destructive that drive could be.

Unfortunately for Masado, Ko was more concerned about Rinni. She was the one he'd made a commitment to, after all. The problem right now was that Rinni wasn't entirely in her right mind, and she was dangerously close to saying something she was going to regret. Cradling Winter in one arm, Ko slipped his free hand down to grab one of Rinni's, quickly lacing their fingers together. "That's enough, Kitten. You need to step back and take a few breaths before you do something you're gonna regret."

Regardless of Rinni's response, Ko locked eyes with Masado, his expression firm. "And you need to have a little more respect for your sister. It's hard for brothers like us to let our little sisters grow up, but its going to happen whether your want it to or not. Trying to hold her down won't stop her, it'll just lead to resentment." In the back of his mind, Ko realized this was the first time he'd mentioned his siblings around Rinni, but he purposely refused to think about it. He couldn't afford to have a flashback right now.

Though it might not have been the best option, Ko fell back on a tried and true method of distracting himself from troublesome memories: being a cheeky ass. As such, his serious expression melted into a smug smirk, much like the one he'd flashed at Rinni so often. "I mean, we can still take this outside and settle this without using our words if you want, but I'm pretty sure I can take you. Plus, I don't really want to beat up my girlfriend's brother the first time we meet, right in front of her." It wasn't quite a show, but Ko did pull Rinni a bit closer to him after saying that.

#14Masado Faithe 

Close Encounters of the Familial Kind (Social;Masado) Empty Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:21 am

Masado Faithe
Masado was startled into silence by his baby sister's unexpected outburst. When had Rinni become so aggressive? What was wrong with her? He knew she'd gotten into some kind of trouble when she ran away... but now she was with this man and wasn't acting like herself. What happened to her while he was away training? He was worried about her. Obviously, he wasn't the only one. He watched the way Ko reacted to her outburst.

That's enough, Kitten.

Dear God, they already had pet names for each other? This was worse than he expected. He ran his hand through his blond hair, sighing as he paced a couple of times trying to comprehend what was happening here. His blue eyes followed Ko's hand as he grasped that of Rinni's, interlocking his fingers with hers and telling her to calm down. Who was this guy? He was so casual and calm despite her being absolutely aggressive and scary a moment ago.

He had some balls...

That... or he actually cared about her...

And you need to have a little more respect for your sister. It's hard for brothers like us to let our little sisters grow up,

His eyes widened when Ko spoke up to him like that. He looked at the man that had so boldly claimed his sister as his own, and seemed as though he wanted to say something. However, his eyes wavered as they flashed toward Rinni meeting her gaze. He was rethinking the notion of pissing her off any further right now, as she was definitely not the same innocent girl he once knew. Instead, Masado folded his arms and allowed Ko to speak, knowing he was right yet not willing to admit it himself.

Plus, I don't really want to beat up my girlfriend's brother the first time we meet, right in front of her.

Masado scoffed at this and watched in disapproval as Ko openly pulled Rinni closer to himself. He had some nerve being so forward in front of her older brother. But, Masado kind of respected him for that. He was open, honest, straight forward. But still...

"I don't understand this. First, you run away. Then, you come home but avoid talking to me. You join a random Guild. Now you're telling me you have a boyfriend..." He gestured his hand toward Ko before looking at him. "...How old even are you?"

Rather Ko answered him or not, Masado continued his rant. "All I want to know is, what's going on with you, Rinkin? If something's wrong, you can tell me. I'm your big brother, and I love you. You know this, right?" He asked as he knelt down in front of her, putting a hand on her shoulder. He hoped that she'd open up to him, but he felt more distant than before.

#15Rinni Faithe 

Close Encounters of the Familial Kind (Social;Masado) Empty Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:27 pm

Rinni Faithe
That's enough, Kitten. You need to step back and take a few breaths before you do something you're gonna regret.

Somehow, his voice and the touch of his hand was enough to bring her back. As her lover interlocked his fingers with her own, Rinni returned his grip with one of her own. She squeezed his hand rather tightly, in fact, her grip might have actually caused him a bit of pain. At the same time, she struggled to restrain herself from breaking his hand, unsure where this strength and rage was coming from. It must be the werewolf in her, that's the only logical explanation. However, she was grateful Ko was here with her. They seem able to control each other, to calm each other. She needed him, as much as he needed her.

She only wished Masado realized this.

Still, with Ko gripping her hand, she became quiet, listening to the exchange between brother and boyfriend. At least they weren't fighting. But to be honest, she was more scared of herself than them. She looked up at Ko, and noticed Winter, cradled safely in his arm, nuzzling into him like a baby. She wouldn't always be so tiny, Rinni was sure. She heard stories of the nine-tailed foxes. Winter had six-tails, so perhaps she was a baby. She definitely acted like one. Until then, Rinni enjoyed her cute little companion and the adorable moments between her and Ko. He was so gentle and kind to the little white fox.

And so protective and caring to her...

I mean, we can still take this outside and settle this without using our words if you want, but I'm pretty sure I can take you. Plus, I don't really want to beat up my girlfriend's brother the first time we meet, right in front of her.

She barely heard his words, lost in her own thoughts. But she was brought back to reality when she felt her lover pull her closer to his side. She responded by leaning into him, her brown eyes staying warily on her brother. She half expected him to try and pull her away from the man she was with. From the man she loved. The thought caused her to grip Ko's hand even tighter, almost turning it purple.

what's going on with you, Rinkin? If something's wrong, you can tell me. I'm your big brother, and I love you. You know this, right?

Rinkin. She hadn't heard that name since she was little. It was kind of embarrassing, being called such a childish name in front of her boyfriend. It caused her to blush from the awkwardness she was feeling. But, then she sighed, turning her gaze to peer up at the tall blond, all the while not leaving Ko's side nor releasing his hand. "I'm scared, Masi. I... I couldn't live with myself if I accidentally hurt you, mom, or dad..."

Rather Masado responded or not, Rinni continued to explain herself as best she could. Honestly, she gave Ko a side glance inviting him to jump in and help anytime. "I'm...not me anymore... you... you were right to worry, Nii-san..." She sighed and, using her free hand, she revealed the healed-over scar on her shoulder. "When I ran away... I got into a fight with a werewolf... and he bit me..."

Growing nervous and uncomfortable now, she moved closer to Ko, so close she was partly behind him at this point, trying to keep distance between herself and her brother. She knew Ko could handle her, keep the beast at bay. At least for now. But she was afraid of hurting Masado, as the Faithe temper was hereditary. It wouldn't take much to get them fighting as they did as kids.

Only this sibling spat would be more deadly.

Theme Song
#16Ko Lesalt 

Close Encounters of the Familial Kind (Social;Masado) Empty Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:54 am

Ko Lesalt

In any other circumstances, Ko might have found the exchange happening to be utterly amusing. Just look at their adorable nicknames for each other, it was the most sickeningly sweet thing he'd seen for a long time. As it was, Ko could see that Rinni was struggling with this. Just like she had been before, she was terrified of her condition as a werewolf, but it seemed like bringing her family into the mix only made things a hundred times worse.

Not to mention, it was clear that she was starting to have other troubles related to her werewolf nature asserting itself. Just hearing her claim that she wasn't herself anymore had Ko sighing lightly. Unlike Rinni, he didn't believe that what was happening to her made her less herself; she was changing, certainly, but if she was really becoming something other than herself, why would she be so concerned about it? That wasn't the right thing to say in front of her brother, however.

Ko gave Masado a look when he asked how old Ko was. "Well that's awfully rude, asking a man's age like that. I'm not exactly robbing the cradle, you know." He was dodging the question somewhat, as he had the feeling that any answer that wasn't 'the same age as Rinni' was going to be met with negativity. He let Rinni slide slightly behind him, acknowledging that she was anticipating some kind of altercation.

If Masado really was as much of an older brother as he claimed it shouldn't come to that. However, every family was different, and this situation was highly charged. "This is the part where you take a breath and stay calm, Masado. The bite happened; it happened even before I met her, and getting worked up over it won't change that. So are we going to continue this conversation like adults?" If Ko were being honest, he felt almost like he was intruding on a conversation he didn't belong in, but Rinni seemed to be looking to him for support. Hopefully she didn't regret it later.

#17Masado Faithe 

Close Encounters of the Familial Kind (Social;Masado) Empty Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:34 pm

Masado Faithe
Well that's awfully rude, asking a man's age like that. I'm not exactly robbing the cradle, you know.

"Avoiding the question does not ease my concerns in the least, Lesalt. If anything, it makes me that much more wary of your presence in my sister's life."

I'm scared, Masi. I... I couldn't live with myself if I accidentally hurt you, mom, or dad...

"Hurt us? Why the hell would you hurt us, Rin...?" He reached toward his sister only for her to slide behind Ko, as if afraid of him or avoiding him for some unknown reason. Masado, unable to understand, stood up straight, a look of concern of his face. "Why are you hiding from me? I'm not going to hurt you."

Nothing Rinni was saying made any sense at this point. And the fact she was trusting a stranger over her own brother did not make this any easier to process. His blue eyes looked toward Ko, then back toward Rinni who, to his perspective, appeared to be cowering behind her boyfriend. All of this only made the man that much more concerned for her well being. He only wished she'd talk to him instead of to everyone else.

When I ran away... I got into a fight with a werewolf... and he bit me...

"What?"

This is the part where you take a breath and stay calm, Masado.

He shot his gaze toward Ko instantly.

The bite happened; it happened even before I met her, and getting worked up over it won't change that. So are we going to continue this conversation like adults?

Masado wanted to say something, but he had no idea where to even begin at this point. His mouth opened, but no words came out. He turned his back to the two of them and paced across the smithy, running his hand through his hair. This seemed to be a common practice for frustrated Faithe's. He let out a loud, drawn-out, rough sigh before turning toward them again, his eyes falling on his sister.

"So... you're a werewolf. Is that what I'm supposed to gather from this? God, Rinkin... why? Why didn't you tell me?" He asked, sounding more relieved to know the truth than disappointed in her for keeping it from him for so long. "Who else knows?"

#18Rinni Faithe 

Close Encounters of the Familial Kind (Social;Masado) Empty Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:38 am

Rinni Faithe
Why are you hiding from me? I'm not going to hurt you.

Rinni just stayed behind Ko, never once releasing his hand, despite how much the contact was now causing their hands to sweat. She could smell Ko's scent so easily at this distance, and it made her blush, and her heart flutter. She wrapped her free arm around his arm and scooted closer to him, pressing her small body against her boyfriend's side. Subconsciously, she sniffed at the taller brunette, hoping he don't notice her... well... acting like a dog. It'd be super embarrassing and lead to a ton of awkward jokes in the future.

Trying to ignore her werewolf predatory senses, despite Ko's nearness making that difficult, she focused on the blond and answered him in a quiet but serious tone. "I'm not hiding to protect me from you, big brother... I'm hiding to protect you from me." That small truth would make her sliding behind Ko as she did make so much more sense. In truth, she wasn't afraid that Masado would attack her... she was afraid she'd attack Masado.

Still, where did that leave Ko? Was she not afraid of attacking him too? In truth, she was terrified. It showed as Ko would be able to feel her body trembling against his own. However, she felt Ko had a higher survival rate with her right now as he could handle her easier. His presence, his voice, his touch, his scent... it kept her calm. For how long, she wasn't sure. However, when she does finally transform... she knows Ko has a higher chance to defeat her than Masado does.

As her older and protective brother, Masado wouldn't be able to bring himself to hurt her. Even though Ko is her boyfriend, she feels that he'd have no issues causing her pain if it meant bringing her down should she turn on him. From what she saw of Ko, he's pretty brutal. She hasn't seen him in combat yet, but his initial interactions with her left her shaky. If he was like that when just joking around... she imagined he was dangerous to fight, if he had to be.

So... you're a werewolf. Is that what I'm supposed to gather from this? God, Rinkin... why? Why didn't you tell me?

"I was scared. I didn't want to get my family involved in this..."

Who else knows?

Rinni sighed and stared at the ground a moment, in silence. Winter squirmed in Ko's arm, whining and pushing against him, obviously becoming restless from being held so long. At least the little fox calmed down after the situation de-escalated. Still, the Encan was very uncomfortable in this situation, and hadn't planned on Masado finding out like this. "Our Guildmaster knows. I told him the first day we met." She stated, referring to Tomoe. She then looked up at Ko. "Ko was the first person I told when I returned to Marigold. Lucian also knows... he's a werewolf as well and could smell my injury. And this guy I met... Jan Ren... he knows."

She had no idea revealing she was a werewolf could be so awkward. But, here she was. At least Ko was with her, which offered some relief to the burden she carried.

"Please don't say anything to Mom and Dad, Masado. I... I want to tell them myself... when I'm ready..."

Theme Song
#19Ko Lesalt 

Close Encounters of the Familial Kind (Social;Masado) Empty Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:18 am

Ko Lesalt

Ko couldn't stop himself from scoffing at Masado's response to him dodging the question about age. While Ko could understand where the guy was coming from, this wasn't the time or place for it. Hell, in a less antagonistic atmosphere Ko might even acknowledge that it was a legitimate concern. Right now, Ko didn't much care. "Its a good thing I care exactly nothing about your opinion at this moment. As far as youthful mistakes go, I feel like Rinni could do worse than me." Though, not much worse, Ko added quietly.

Ironically, as awkward as this entire impromtu family meeting and confession had been so far, the most awkward thing was realizing that Rinni was...sniffing him. Ko couldn't help but wonder: did he stink? Had he forgotten to wash something important? Or maybe it was his clothes. Why the fuck had she chosen this moment to start smelling him? Dear Gods, she wasn't turning into a werewolf, she was turning into a straight up pervert!

Once Winter started squirming around, Ko let her drop to the ground, freeing up his other hand. Surprisingly, Masado actually asked a question he was curious about as well: who else knew she was a werewolf. From Rinni's answer, it was clear that she had a great deal of support from her guild, which was good. Although, at the mention of 'a guy she met', Ko couldn't help but feel his brow furrow a bit. "'This guy I met', huh?" Ko didn't say anything more after that, but he did give Rinni a look that said something along the lines of "we'll talk about that later".

Ko couldn't help but let out a strained sigh once Rinni brought up her parents, and a desire to put off telling them about her predicament. "You know, Kitten, not that I enjoy agreeing with Blonde-In-Law over here, but the longer you hold off on telling your parents, the more its gonna hurt. And that kind of applies to me, too. Putting off telling them about what's going on isn't going to make them worry less, nor will it inspire confidence in you. I'm not gonna force you to do anything, but rest assured I am not afraid to throw 'I told you so' out there at the drop of a hat."

#20Masado Faithe 

Close Encounters of the Familial Kind (Social;Masado) Empty Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:21 pm

Masado Faithe
You know, Kitten, not that I enjoy agreeing with Blonde-In-Law over here

"There is no 'in-law' here, Lesalt." Masado coolly interjected glaring at the other male challengingly.

but the longer you hold off on telling your parents, the more its gonna hurt. And that kind of applies to me, too. Putting off telling them about what's going on isn't going to make them worry less, nor will it inspire confidence in you. I'm not gonna force you to do anything, but rest assured I am not afraid to throw 'I told you so' out there at the drop of a hat.

"Well, your 'boyfriend' finally says something smart. As much as I hate to admit it, I think you should listen to him. Since you obviously won't listen to me." Masado responded, folding his arms and glaring at Ko before looking at Rinni with the eyes of a concerned older brother. "Listen, sis. I'm just worried about you, okay? Promise me you won't do anything stupid..."

He sighed, knowing at this point his words were falling on deaf ears. He looked at her, glaring as she clung to the man's arm, staying close to his side, leaning into him. Her older brother clenched his fists in annoyance. He couldn't understand what she saw in him. He remembered what Ko said earlier about their date. Were they really feeding each other...? Or was he just fucking with the blond's head?

He shook his head. That didn't matter right now. What mattered was keeping Rinni safe. And in her current condition... she was dangerous and in danger of hunters. Most hunters, in fact, would kill a creature like her on sight. But he was aware he couldn't protect her any longer. In fact, he was certain that trying to do so would push her into more acts of stupidity. Instead, he looked toward Ko, not fully trusting the man, but not having much choice all things considered.

"Look, Lesalt, I don't like you. I don't trust you. But it's obvious that for whatever reason my sister does. If anything happens to her while she's in your care... you better hope I never find you."Masado sighed after the initial threat, then looked down at Rinni. "Look just... just keep my sister safe, okay?" The change in his tone made it obvious that the only thing that mattered here was Rinni's well being. And as much as Masado disliked Ko... the mercenary was the only one, as far as Masado knew, who could take care of her.

#21Rinni Faithe 

Close Encounters of the Familial Kind (Social;Masado) Empty Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:34 am

Rinni Faithe
Well, it was official. The world was coming to an end. Must be. In what reality does her brother and her boyfriend agree and team up against her? A moment ago they were at each other's throats... and now she felt trapped between the two men like a helpless kitten. Funny how things work out. Still, she knew they were right. As much as she hated to admit it right now.

I'm not gonna force you to do anything, but rest assured I am not afraid to throw 'I told you so' out there at the drop of a hat.

Of course, he's not...

Listen, sis. I'm just worried about you, okay?

Of course, he is...

Promise me you won't do anything stupid...

Rinni sighed and finally released Ko's hand, moving to rub her right arm with her left hand, her brown eyes downcast toward her feet. "I... I can't make any promises, Masi... but I'll... I'll try..." She said softly. She could smell the worry on both men and knew they were truly concerned about her well being. Then again, she'd know that even without her predatory senses. Predatory... is that what she was now? A predator?

She thought about Jan Ren and him telling her to meet him at the Farmlands in two days. That'll be soon. She couldn't help wonder what the Sinese had planned for her. But she knew Masado and Ko were worried enough without her telling them she was to meet a strange man alone in a field. It best she not even bring that up, to be honest. Man, so much was going on and she was only 15. Why was her life so hard?

"You're... you're right..." She conceded. "You're both totally right. I'll... I'll tell them in a couple of days. Ko... will you... come with me?" She asked, looking up at the dark-haired male beside her. If anything, she could kill two birds with one stone. If he chooses to go with her, she could tell them her condition and introduce her boyfriend. Two secrets at once.

She was visibly shocked, though, to hear her brother's tone soften as he begged Ko to keep his sister safe. Guess he really does love me after all.

Theme Song
#22Ko Lesalt 

Close Encounters of the Familial Kind (Social;Masado) Empty Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:29 am

Ko Lesalt

At the rate things were going, Ko was starting to think Rinni's family had some kind of special quality that made them fun to poke fun at. It wasn't just Rinni's reactions; Masado himself had almost impeccable comedic timing with those terse interjections. Ko enjoyed them so much that he almost wanted to point it out, but hearing Rinni's response to his suggestion took precedence.

Considering their interactions up til this moment, Ko wasn't at all surprised Masado agreed with him on the point of informing Rinni's parents. He seemed very much like the dutiful son type. Ko still couldn't hold back a smug response to Rinni's promise to try not to do anything stupid. "That includes throwing cabbage at people, just so we're clear." Why, no, Ko was not going to let her live that down any time soon. If ever.

Of course, then Rinni had to turn the tables on him by asking him to be with her when she informed her parents about her condition and their relationship. Immediately, Ko looked like he'd just bitten into a lemon. He'd really been hoping she'd just take his advice and not bring him into it. That had clearly been a pipe dream. "Ugh...I...suppose I can do that...if I must." He could already imagine how tense and awkward it was going to be. Maybe he should get his haircut. Definitely buy a new sword.

Ko couldn't dwell on his dread of Rinni's parents long, as Masado suddenly surprised him for real by actually putting his sister complex aside and asking him to look out for her instead. It would have been touching if it didn't make Ko incredibly uncomfortable. If anything, the request almost made Ko feel guilty. Instrusive thoughts threatened to rouse themselves, and Ko ran a hand through his hair, taking a deep breath in an attempt to calm himself. "Look Masado. I'm shit at protecting things. Especially people."

After all, hadn't he tried as hard as he could to protect his own family? Hadn't he done everything he could, only for it all to fall apart in a single, horrible night? "Don't act like me being around is meant to be a replacement for you. Cause the best I can do is hurt whoever puts Rinni in harms way. Hurting people is all I'm good for. I'm not about to start pretending I'm better than I am just because your sister is...just because she's so important." Ko was probably undermining his position here, but it wasn't in his nature to mince words or try to be diplomatic. He said things as he saw them.

#23Masado Faithe 

Close Encounters of the Familial Kind (Social;Masado) Empty Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:43 am

Masado Faithe
Look Masado. I'm shit at protecting things. Especially people.

"Lesalt, she trusts you so..." He was cut off.

Don't act like me being around is meant to be a replacement for you. Cause the best I can do is hurt whoever puts Rinni in harm's way. Hurting people is all I'm good for. I'm not about to start pretending I'm better than I am just because your sister is...just because she's so important.

Masado didn't generally appreciate being cut off, however, Ko at least was working on explaining himself. So for that, the Knight let it slide. Instead, he heard what the Mercenary had to say, and gave a soft sigh as he ran his hand through his messy blond hair. Well, looked like things were about to enter darker territory. "I'm not asking you to replace me, Lesalt, hell no. Fuck that. I just want you to... be there when I can't. And you say you're good at hurting people. Then, by all means, hurt anyone you want that looks at her the wrong way. Just as long as you don't hurt her."

After speaking his piece, Masado turned toward Rinni, looking down at the small quiet girl who mostly had been letting the men talk and rarely saying much of anything. Typical Rinni Faithe. Still shy, quiet, and awkward despite everything she went through. He hoped she'd stay that way. Sweet, innocent, kind. But in reality, life wasn't always fair. And she was going through things that would change her.

"Look, sis, I love you and I'm just trying to look out for you. If you need anything, never be afraid to come to me. But, maybe I worry too much. You have a Guild with members you can go to for help. And you have... him." He gestured his head toward the dark brooding male. "Just, try to stay out of trouble, okay? Look, I'm going to head home. I won't say anything to mom and dad yet. But if you don't tell them soon... I will."

With that, Masado nodded to Ko and turned on his heels heading off toward the apartment that their parents lived in. He would keep quiet, for now. She at least needed enough time to take care of this on her own without her older brother stepping in. He knew it wasn't his business, but he couldn't help it. She was his little sister, after all.

-Exit-

#24Ko Lesalt 

Close Encounters of the Familial Kind (Social;Masado) Empty Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:51 pm

Ko Lesalt

Ko had to admit, this was probably the most awkward conversation he'd had in a long time. While he may not have been a veteran in affairs of love, he'd had his dalliances in the past. Dealing with a protective sibling had never been one of the hurdles he'd had to deal with. As a result, Ko was stumbling and coming across entirely too weak-spirited. It was frustrating, if he had to be honest.

Thankfully, when Masado threw him a bone and told him to just go ahead and hurt whoever hurt Rinni, Ko took the chance to retrieve his usual bravado. Smirking, he rubbed at his nose with a thumb before responding. "Who do you take me for? I'd have done that even without your permission, Faithe."

Masado then turned to Rinni, finally capitulating and giving his 'blessing' for the decisions that Rinni had made after leaving home. Still a little overbearing, but hey, Ko had to give him points for giving in instead of trying to give more instructions. Then he left, just like that. Alone once again with Rinni, Ko let out a loud sigh of relief. "Ugh, well that was fun. Can't wait to do it all over again with your parents."

He was being sarcastic, of course, but only slightly. Inside he was dreading that day, refusing to show it on the outside. Turning to Rinni, he leaned in and gave her a quick kiss on the forehead. No point in making a scene after that whole ordeal. "Nice to know you'll step in if your family tries to murder me though." It was only fair that he poke fun as he usually did.

With the incident over, however, Ko's mind returned to what he'd been doing before Masado showed up, and he reluctantly pulled away from Rinni. "Since that ordeal is done with, I should get back to my business before some work comes up. I'll see you again soon, Kitten." As he left, Ko shot a suggestive wink Rinni's way, promising all sorts of things with a single gesture. And then he was out the door.

-exit-

#25Rinni Faithe 

Close Encounters of the Familial Kind (Social;Masado) Empty Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:14 am

Rinni Faithe
Rinni stayed silent as she listened to the back and forth between her brother and her boyfriend. Masado still refused to call Ko by his first name, despite Ko being bold enough to do it himself. Masado was asking Ko to protect Rinni... Ko was arguing that he sucks at protecting things. Especially people. Is this why he never really talked about his family? She'd have to gently ask him about it sometime. She was curious, as he referred to himself as a big brother. Where were his siblings? Now wasn't really the time to bring it up, so she opted to keep her curiosity at bay for now.

Ko seemed to refuse to acknowledge her as his girlfriend or lover, instead opting to refer to her as someone important to him. She squeezed his hand slightly, staying close by him. Despite how they talked to each other or what they referred to her as it was obvious to Rinni that both men loved and cared for her deeply in their own ways. Ko, the protective yet mischievous boyfriend; Masado, the overprotective and stalker-Esque big brother.

Look, I'm going to head home. I won't say anything to mom and dad yet. But if you don't tell them soon... I will.

"Yes, nii-san..." Rinni finally said quietly as she watched her brother wave them away, and head back toward the guildhall leaving the young lovers alone.

Once Masado was out of sight, Rinni sighed. Well, that was a thing that happened. A thing she had a feeling she'd regret. This wasn't how Ko was supposed to meet her family. She was hoping to hold off on this awkwardness until after she got control. She sighed and looked up at her lover as he began to speak.

Ugh, well that was fun. Can't wait to do it all over again with your parents.

"Don't worry, babe. My parents are nowhere near as bad as him. They're just... clingy."

Nice to know you'll step in if your family tries to murder me though.

She grinned at that and gave an adorable giggle. Hopefully, she wouldn't have to go werewolf on her own parents. That'd be a nightmare. Her smile faded at the reality she still had to tell them she was a werewolf. She couldn't help but wonder how they'd handle that news. Probably not too well. At least she wouldn't have to break it to them alone.

"So, hey, Mom and Dad... this is my boyfriend... oh and hey, I'm a werewolf now..." She recited sarcastically.

Since that ordeal is done with, I should get back to my business before some work comes up. I'll see you again soon, Kitten.

Rinni sighed, not really wanting him to go. "Okay, Tiger." She said in a begrudging tone. As he walked away, she watched him go, but when she caught his wink her cheeks flushed hot pink and her heart drummed in her chest. She wanted to follow him, to kiss him. But she stayed put until he was out of sight, then she sighed and made her own way heading who knows where.

-Exit-

Theme Song

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum