Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

(Quest - Ko Lesalt) Stage Hand: Opening Act

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Ko Lesalt 

(Quest - Ko Lesalt) Stage Hand: Opening Act  Empty Tue May 12, 2020 2:26 am

Ko Lesalt

Let it never be said that Ko wasn't willing to work for his money.

Ever since his arrival in Marigold he'd been hemorrhaging jewels, like a man trying to carry sand in his hands.  Doing odd jobs to make ends meet wasn't unusual when Ko was still living in Caelum, but since arriving in Fiore his work was decidedly more...mercenary.  Unfortunately, being an independent mage made jobs harder to come by, and slowly but surely the money dried up.  

That was how Ko found himself here, staring up at the entrance to Marigold Theater with a job posting in his hand.  He knew he should probably feel humiliated to have sunken so far as to this, but there was no such feeling.  He needed money, they were offering money with no extended attachments.  That was all he needed.  Pressing onward, Ko entered the theater, finding it rather bustling as the performers prepared for their next show.

The poster had named an 'Alice Nightingale' as the contractor, and he was quickly directed towards the dressing rooms backstage.  Almost too quickly.  He forded the small river of performers with ease, most of them making way for him just by virtue of his frigid and vacant expression.  Alice's dressing room was easy to spot; it had her name on the door in big, ostentatious lettering.

He hadn't even knocked twice before the door flew open, revealing a woman clearly part way through dressing in an elaborate costume.  Her brow furrowed when she saw his face, and for half a moment Ko thought she was going to start yelling at him.  She spotted the poster in his hand shortly thereafter, though, and her expression became all business.  "Finally!  I was starting to think no one was going to show up!"

Ko suppressed the desire to tell her she'd have been more secure if she'd just hired a guild, and instead just stared expectantly.  As he'd deduced, Alice wasn't a woman who waited on other people, and she was already brushing him out of the doorway and motioning for him to follow her.

349/300 Words

#2Ko Lesalt 

(Quest - Ko Lesalt) Stage Hand: Opening Act  Empty Tue May 12, 2020 2:31 am

Ko Lesalt

"Stick close and pay attention.  I won't have time to explain this to you more than once.  Have you ever worked on stage before?"

"No."  His voice was cold and blunt, as always.  If she cared at all she didn't show it, clicking her tongue.  "It doesn't matter, a trained monkey could do this.  Just make sure you pay attention."  She lead him back to the stage, behind the curtain where the mechanisms were all arrayed so the Stage Hand could maneuver things while keeping an eye on the stage itself.  Quickly, Alice pointed at each device and explained its purpose, while also handing over a copy of the script with stage direction scribbled on it.  All of the timing he needed to know was included.  He couldn't help but notice that an unusually high number of instructions involved keeping lights trained on Alice, even in scenes where her character was secondary.

"Remember, do this right and its easy money.  Screw it up and you get nothing.  Understand?"  Ko grunted, his gaze still going over the stage instructions.  "Yes."  Alice seemed to notice his curt response this time, but she didn't say anything, deciding instead to turn on her heel and stalk away.  Left to his own devices, Ko spent the rest of the time going over the timing on the script until the directors called for the actors to take their places.

On cue Ko raised the curtains, watching stoically as the play began in earnest.  It was some trite ensemble about a noblewoman's fiance falling in love with another woman, who conspired to have the fiance vilified despite her rightful outrage.  He had to admit, Alice was cast exceptionally well as the fiance.  Heroic villains were pretty popular it seemed.  Honestly it was the sort of trashy romance Tsukiko would have loved to read.  

By the time the play ended Ko had just about reached his limit.  Things like this just brought up bad memories, and now he needed a drink.  Or ten.  As soon as the final curtain was down he started towards Alice's dressing room, rapping on the door perhaps a little too heavily.  Still in costume, Alice appeared, offering him a smug smile.  Still riding high off all that attention, Ko assumed.  "You did very well for your first time.  Here, the reward as advertised."

Ko reached out to take the small purse, but Alice didn't let it go immediately.  "You never did tell me your name."  She wasn't demanding it, but her tone didn't exactly convey choice in the matter.  He wanted to tell her to blow it out her ears, but that wouldn't get him out of here any faster.  "Ko."  Her smile got even more unpleasant as she let the purse go.  "I see.  I'll be sure to remember that, if I ever find myself in need of assistance again."

Ko couldn't get out of there fast enough.

495/300 Words

844/500

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum