Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Theater of corruption [Odin]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Steel 

Theater of corruption [Odin] Empty Sun May 10, 2020 6:03 pm

Steel

Steel stood in front of the Marigold theatre. He had invited his friend Lucas to join him. It was a stormy night and weirdly enough ever since he was in Magnolia Steel had still not worn his super suit. Instead on this day he was wearing for once a suit, A black tuxedo with a white shirt and a red bowtie, with matching fine leather shoes. The play of the evening was a play written by the fine Madame. It was about the not so recent events of grimoire heart and Fiore’s hidden prince. Starring Alice nightingale as the lead role of a young prince betrayed by his uncle the king's brother. As Steel had won a battle in the Domus Flau against another mage he had gained some renown and because of that both him and Lucas had been given VIP seats in a balcony esque half room situated above the main viewing area and the stage level. They were considered some of the most prestigious seats in the house and among the people sitting there were the higher class of Marigold and close by towns.

Steel Walked through the halls and up the stairs to the waiting area outside of his box. There were drinks and snacks on a table. A mingling area so to speak where the higher class were well mingling. Talking about their businesses or properties that they owned. A game of bragging about your accolades not so uncommon among the upper echelon of society. The cream of the crop so to speak. Steel however wasn’t really interested in speaking with them. He had only gained this seat because of a nervous win in a tournament. And so he wasn’t really one to speak with the higher ups. He wasn’t even recognized by them.

Instead Steel walked over to the door where their booth was and entered the casually unlocked door. There were drapes for the balcony that would be raised when the show started. And so Steel sat there patiently waiting for his friend Lucas.

#2Odin † 

Theater of corruption [Odin] Empty Mon May 11, 2020 11:45 am

Odin †

Ah nobility. As Lucas stood and watched them, he realised how out of his depth he would be in starting a conversation with the rich people of Fiore. Dukes and duchesses, the kind of people Odin had terrorised were the ones Lucas had to interact with. It was part of his persona. But, then again, they didn't care for him. Lucas wasn't even the reason they were here, he was simply an extra, a friend invited to the theatre by Steel, the 'hero' fairy tail mage who Lucas had to be wary of. He was the one that, on the surface at least, seemed impossible to corrupt. He would have to be kept at arms length, especially as Odin manoeuvred through the guild, corrupting every member that showed the slightest crack. Judith wouldn't break, and neither would Steel, but the latter was a much bigger threat.

Ignoring the nobles for the moment, Lucas decided to take his seat, after picking up a bottle of water to watch the performance with. He knew the play well, it was acting out a segment of his life after all. The rise and fall of Grimoire Heart, when King Arthurias was the illusive Crowley, and Odin was still among the living. If anything, he wondered how much they'd actually get right.

Entering their balcony, Lucas would see his friend sitting in his seat already. Sitting next to him, and bringing his hand forward by way of greeting, the cheery voice of the human, bar-tending fairy tail mage came forth.

"It's good to see you friend. I'm honoured that you'd choose me to join you, I've always wanted to see this play. And what amazing seats you've managed to get us. You've impressed this old man."

#3Steel 

Theater of corruption [Odin] Empty Tue May 12, 2020 2:06 pm

Steel

Steel had not been seated for long when he heard the door open behind him. It was Lucas. He had a bottled drink in one hand. Water. Steel quickly understood his mistake. He had not brought anything for himself to drink. Well maybe he could do so in the break. For now he would stop slouching in his chair and instead straighten himself. He then brought his hand forward to meet Odin’s hand.

“I am honoured that you would join me!... Ever since I won the fight in the tournament it feels like people have been treating me differently. I don’t know why… well I guess I did something good and that's why but you know us heroes are human too right? Don't we deserve to be treated like all others? I’m not saying I have been treated badly but you know it feels like i'm being treated better than everyone else and to me that is strange.” He pondered for a slight bit before continuing. “Take these seats for example. I won’t say no to their hospitality but it feels like everyone should sit down there with the others.

All while Steel was talking it was slowly becoming quieter and quieter down in the common seating area. The lighting was getting dimmer and slowly the curtains moved out of the way revealing the glorious stage that had been set for the play. Steel would then instantly silence himself.

It was a large throne room. The first act’s play area seemed to resemble a flying ship with a throne room. Slowly the room got quieter and quieter until you could hear even the slightest tap of a foot or whisper. A violin slowly started playing as from behind a throne a masked man in an evil looking cape stepped forward. It was the evident villain of the story… Crowley.

#4Odin † 

Theater of corruption [Odin] Empty Thu May 14, 2020 4:22 am

Odin †

As the pleasantries were exchanged between Lucas and Steel, the latter of the two spoke about the circumstances which had lead him to gain the seats where they both now sat. The grand magic games, a tournament to test the strongest guild in Fiore. It was something Odin, and Lucas in fact, had been eager to join, but it could not happen. Lucas was posing as a weaker mage than he was, but he wouldn't be able to hide his true power from those in Crocus, which would reveal his lies to the rest of his guild. Even if that weren't bad, even if his guild mates forgave him if he made up some excuse, there would be many there who would likely be able to see through the illusion, and reveal the Lich beneath the skin. There would be too much publicity, and Odin had to remain hidden for now.

There was, however, then a slight crack in Steel's otherwise perfect facade. He seemed to show, not quite contempt but mild annoyance at the seats they had been assigned, since the common people of Fiore were stuck in poorer seats. He didn't seem overly fond of the nobles' way of doing things, and that was something Odin could exploit. However he wouldn't have the time currently, as the play was about to begin. Lucas watched as the main villain appeared, Crowley. There was snorts and murmurs from the nobles, causing Lucas to clench a fist, save he didn't attack them right now.

#5Steel 

Theater of corruption [Odin] Empty Sat May 30, 2020 2:27 am

Steel

Very Faustian-esque opera music started playing. Crowley who was both tall and mysterious as he hid behind an ebony mask cried for power. Something yet unknown to the audience was the reason for his cries. The Opera song was in a way very depressing as it was mostly minor tones accompanied by depressing violins, oboes, cellos and basses. Slowly as Crowley’s Opera was coming to an end Icarus and Zade descended from the ceiling.

They kneeled and swore their loyalty to this devil. The lighting on their costumes made it appear as if three shadows of demons were upon the walls. All in all it was really cool but was it historically correct?

Crowley then raised himself to a higher statue walking up a small flight of stairs and claiming the throne in this solitary throne room. He then commanded the others. They were to go forth and spread chaos. Destroy the country and assassinate key figures. Crowley was set on becoming king through a coup d'etat.

There were windows in the throne room and the stage workers had been clever. They worked the background back and forth shifting the paper so that it looked like the castle and throne room flew towards its destination. It flew towards Era.

Steel was looking with wide eyes. He looked over at his companion and whispered playfully. “Exciting isn’t it? This wasn’t that long ago. You must remember it clearly judging from your age.” He smiled and gave Lucas a small nudge with his elbow.

#6Odin † 

Theater of corruption [Odin] Empty Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:35 am

Odin †

The more he watched, the more anger began to build from within Odin, as he saw how the world viewed his first master. Zade and Icarus joined Crowley, who seemed to be compared to a terrorist and not the truth about his person. They made the three men out to be demons, as they flew towards Era to spread chaos. Presumably this would be where the first main event of Grimoire Heart would occur: breaking Theseus out of his imprisonment. One of the first missions Odin had been given, and one that he had almost failed, back when his powers were that of Lucifer.

His train of thought was broken when he heard Steel's words, asking about Lucas' knowledge of the events, since he had obviously lived through them. It was tough for the human to restrain the anger of the Lich as he spoke, anger coating every word he uttered, "Yes, I lived through these events. But so far, and I expect this to be the same coming up, they are wrong. Arthurias was no devil, neither were his Sword or Shield. They acted against tyranny and staged the coup to place the righful heir onto the throne." Taking a deep breath before continuing, Lucas tried to collect his feelings, "If you think it's exciting now, just wait and see."

The scene then changed to show the streets of Era, and a squadron of Rune Knights dragging a prisoner through the streets. Odin remembered the scene well. His voice was low as he spoke, not wanting any of the others surrounding the two mages to hear, "The world has portrayed Crowley to be the villain, an evil mastermind. He was certainly a master of tactics, but he was not evil. He did what he had to do to reclaim his throne, and make Fiore a better place for all."

#7Steel 

Theater of corruption [Odin] Empty Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:52 pm

Steel

Steel still sitting there with wide excited eyes watched as the play continued. Lucas had told him how Arthurias was no devil and from what history could tell he was right. The victors of war wrote history.

Steel had been younger when this all happened, off on training with his old master far from civilization. Oh how time had passed peacefully for him yet for others the recent years had been times of unrest.

First a war for the throne and then demonic incursions from the abyss itself. Untold damage had been done to Fiore. One could say that after all of that the land was both weaker and stronger than before. Steel's  own master had even left him to defend the land against the demons. Ever since that he had never seen his master again. He feared the worst might have happened because otherwise he at least would like to think that his master would have contacted him if he was alright.

Steel looked on as the prisoner was dragged through the streets of Era. A large shadow was cast on the ground. It was the grand ship of Grimoire heart The Ark. Dark mages descended on the city and combatted the Light mages. To make all of the special effects possible in the theater a lot of paper and confetti was used in combination with some magic available to those playing characters on the stage.

Not long after Theseus had been freed from the grasp of the council mages. And the Ark flew off again away from the battle. The next destination was Hargeon and the Blue pegasus guild hall.

Steel spoke quietly to Lucas again. “This all reminded me of my old master. He disappeared on me saying he had to save the world back during the Demonic Incursions. I haven’t heard from him ever since. He was like a father to me.”

#8Odin † 

Theater of corruption [Odin] Empty Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:06 am

Odin †

Watching the events of Theseus' Escape unfold on stage was a surreal experience for the Fairy Tail mage, mostly because he had literally been there at that moment. He watched with grand amusement as Grimoire Heart mages descended onto the streets of Era, recognising who the majority were meant to portray. There was a young girl wearing gothic clothing, a tall man wearing a black combat gi and, worst of all, a man wearing what looked like a demon costume. Yumi, Caius and Odin, back before he had died and his power was that of Lucifer. If the demon could see this production, he'd be burning the theatre to the ground at his portrayal. It made Lucas chuckle a little bit, prompting odd looks from those around him, since this obviously was not a comical show. He ignored their looks and watched the freeing of Theseus, before they moved onto Hargeon.

Odin couldn't remember much about this mission, as he had been defeated fairly early on by a woman named Alisa who, if the Lich had heard right, was now master of Blue Pegasus, the guild they had been attacking that day. If Odin remembered correctly, the mission ended in a failure, but Icarus had been hunting down guild masters and killing them, so perhaps he had completed his mission that day.

Steel spoke to Lucas as this event was ongoing, which was fine for the mage. He would rather forget his poor performance on that mission, even if it had been the catalyst for his transformation to undead. "I avoided those incursions, my back wouldn't haven't lasted fighting against demons. But, and I apologise if I'm overstepping, what about your parents? You say your master was like a father to you, but what of your biological father?" The worst outcome here could be Steel getting angry and never talking to Lucas again, which the Lich could live with, so there was no reason not to ask.

#9Steel 

Theater of corruption [Odin] Empty Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:33 pm

Steel

It was then that the half time break was called. In the theater world this was known as an ”Intermission” which purpose was to allow actors and stage workers to get new costumes and to change out elements of the stage and in some cases build an entirely new stage. The play had gone on for two hours already and now the curtains closed on the stage beckoning people to leave their seats and go to the cafeteria area until the bell rang again.

Steel looked towards Lucas. And slowly answered. “My real parents were killed by bandits when I was young. My master saved me and raised me for the rest of my younger years.”

He then stood up and beckoned that they should leave their seats whilst the stage workers and actors changed the stage. He then exited their special booth where they had been sitting alone and went to the cafeteria where all the upper class people were allowed.

He got himself a cup of coffee and a cinnamon bun, sipped some of the coffee and nibbled/ate some of the cinnamon bun. If Lucas wanted to keep talking about the subject he would have to follow Steel into the cafeteria.

#10Odin † 

Theater of corruption [Odin] Empty Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:35 am

Odin †

Act one had reached its conclusion, and so the intermission began. A little break for both cast and audience to refresh, and prepare for the second half. For Lucas and Steel, this meant getting refreshments, stretching their legs and chatting a little bit more about the hero's past. And what a beautiful revelation it was. It had taken some time, but finally Odin had found it: a crack in the man's entire being. A reason for him to change, to build his anger and perhaps, in time, use it for nefarious purposes. The next few words had to be chosen carefully, as Lucas prepared to mould this young man into a potential ally. An ally for Odin, created by Lucas.

"I'm sorry to hear that, friend. I presume the bandits have been brought to justice."

The question could aid Odin regardless of the outcome. Perhaps Steel had sought them out and killed them himself, giving him some darkness. Perhaps they were still out there, which could prompt him to find them and exact his vengeance. Or maybe they had been arrested, but had yet to truly face the right punishment that only Steel himself could give. No matter the answer, the evening had just gotten a lot more interesting.

#11Steel 

Theater of corruption [Odin] Empty Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:45 pm

Steel

Just as Steel had his first bite of the cinnamon bun Lucas asked him if the bandits that had killed his parents had been served justice. Justice he thought. There wasn’t something that was even close to justice which would be served to such evil people. And had they even been served justice? No. They had gotten away as Steel had been hiding. His master had found him hiding. Never again would Steel hide like a coward. Never again would he be so helpless that he could do nothing in the face of danger.

Steel's face grew cold with disgust and anger. He didn't grit his teeth nor did he furrow his brow. Not even his eyebrows seemed to show feeling, but the air in the room grew cold, murderous hunger seemed to flow from him but just as quickly as it appeared it was no more. Steel spoke in a normal tone. “No they have not.” He didn’t speak much but what he said and how he felt when saying it explained everything. He wanted to be the one to do it.

Just as he had said that the bell once again rang. It was time to get back to their seats. Steel grabbed another cinnamon bun just in case he would grow hungry during the next part of the show and started going back to his seat. When he got there he would sit down again to watch the show.

#12Odin † 

Theater of corruption [Odin] Empty Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:42 am

Odin †

It took everything Odin had not to express the glee and delight he currently felt. Steel had a darkness within him, had people he wished to see brought to justice, people he wished to see dead by his own hands. His voice was normal and his face lacked any emotion to suggest how he felt, but that in itself told Odin much about the situation. He just had to find out more from Steel, keep the man talking about the bandits. Perhaps he knew where they were, and Lucas could convince him to go himself. The elderly mage seemed to have become somewhat of a respected figure in the young man's eyes, and that was something Odin could use to his advantage.

The bell rang, sending to the two men back to their seat as the second act began. As they moved, Lucas pondered what would be left to see. The attack on Blue Pegasus, the assault of Era, those were two of the largest even of Arthurias' rise to power. But the best was yet to come. The final, all-in attack on Crocus. The final battle, with the Ark itself having been moved to the great capital, and all the mages of Grimoire Heart acting to complete their objective. As it began, Lucas leaned over to speak to Steel. They were far from finished.

"You know, no one has ever accomplished anything by waiting for someone else to do it. The Rune Knights are gone, so who is left to dole out justice?"

#13Steel 

Theater of corruption [Odin] Empty Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:15 am

Steel

Steel as he sat down listened to the now great music that started playing as the curtain rose there was war in what was obviously the capital of Crocus The scene however quickly changed from chaos to a more calm scene in what was the king's residence “Mercurius” own throne room.The scene was a longer one, Crowley entered the throne room and gave a speech where he revealed himself as Arthurias the heir of the true bloodline. A speech followed where Arthurias explained why he had done what he had done and the fact that his uncle, the current king/emperor was a fraud and had killed Arthurias father.

During all this Steel had thought and formulated an answer for Lucas. He didn’t whisper and he didn’t shout but he got his point across. “Me, I am Justice.” He watched as Arthurias killed his uncle. “Much like Arthurias I am my own Justice.”

The show then slowly dawned towards its end with an epilogue from the actor of Arthurias speaking in third person about what had happened after Arthurias had killed his uncle. The executions of corrupt officials. The changes to the law and blatantly the changes to the entire country as a whole.

#14Odin † 

Theater of corruption [Odin] Empty Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:41 am

Odin †

The play drew to a close, but not before Lucas got to watch Arthurias kill the man who killed his father. It was something no one had truly seen in person, so who knows how it could've happened, but it was an interesting watch at least. However, it was not the most important thing that happened during those final moments. Steel's reply was perfect. He was comparing himself to Arthurias, comparing his feelings for vengeance to the former king's. It worked out so well for Odin, he now had someone he could mould into the corrupt fighter he knew Steel could become. His mind raced as he thought about everything that could come from this. A push in the right direction and Steel could become a dark mage just as bad as Odin. Perhaps even another wizard lord.

Regardless, it seemed their day at the theatre had come to an end. Standing up from his seat, Lucas looked down at Steel, curious about how far he could push this man. The same man that once introduced himself as a 'hero' was about to become a villain. "It has been my pleasure, Steel. I'll see you around."

As he walked out of the theatre, a slight grin began to creep its way across the elderly man's face. He chuckled lightly to himself as he departed, thinking to the future, and how much fun he was going to have.

"God I'm good."

-Exit-

#15Steel 

Theater of corruption [Odin] Empty Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:12 pm

Steel

Steel sat for a while as Lucas stood up and left. He was stuck in his head and as Lucas left he did not even say goodbye. He sat there and waited as the lights were blown out. The room went dark and everyone in the salon left one by one. Steel simply sat there. He wasn’t unable to move. He was simply stuck in thought. He was angry, yet calm. He wanted the people that had wronged him and his family but he knew that if he were to do upon them what they had done to his own kin. Then he would be as bad as they.

He slowly rose from his seat as the people working the stage got to him. They were closing the building and were checking so that no stragglers were left. They told him to vacate the premises and so he did. Walking out into the now heavily rainy night Steel who hadn’t been prepared for rain was instantly drenched. His mood did not really get better from it.

He had a hunger for vengeance that did not fit a hero. But without his own knowledge it seemed unseen forces were working to corrupt his innocence.
-Exit-

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum