Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Well I'm Biased, So. [Crissandra]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Jan Ren 

Well I'm Biased, So. [Crissandra] Empty Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:21 pm

Jan Ren
-- "You sure you don't got nowhere better to be at?" Slightly concerned, yet generally accepting; the farmer lit a cigarette's end as he made his last exchange with the familiar young man.

"Yes," he replied; "today just feels a little..." --What's the exact word? "...slow." Honestly, it may have just been the unpredicted hot weather. But for now, with no special instructions or destinations, Jan Ren allowed himself to take it easy. While not in particular fond of an extreme climate, with the sun alone in the sky and not a single cloud spotted - he called a day off. Rather, he finally accepted having one; as lately, it's been nothing but days of "pull this", "do that", many such requests and what have you.

A rest day was in need.

Waving the farmer off and left for his self, the Sinese simply sprawled on the grass; wind (too) gently blowing through, the sounds of livestock shaping the countryside air to a T (yes, smell included). Not too far from the woodland, but still close enough to Farmer Jim's ranch. He had to wonder if and how he claimed all this territory for himself. Perhaps he had particularly good connections with the local Lord. Ah well. Under these assumed connections was Jan Ren even allowed to spend his time dullely in the farmlands.

Laying down motionlessly on the ground, the Sinese mentally recapped all he's went through up to now in Fiore. If he had to word it, it'd be colorful. Who knows, what else did this country have in store for him?

... ...Man, doing nothing is boring.

#2Crissandra Clearwater 

Well I'm Biased, So. [Crissandra] Empty Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:04 pm

Crissandra Clearwater
The smell of the country side was Crissandras favorite part of being in the fields. She breathed deeply as she walked barefoot in the field. She was all too well trained to avoid any animal droppings and seemingly did so with a second nature most could only hope. It helped she was aided by the natural gracefulness of wood elves. Crissandra hummed softly as she made her way through the field. The grass where she was was up to her waist and was golden brown like only hay could be. She herself was a pale light skin tone, but not albino white either. Most of her body was covered in a reddish brown burn scar. It even covered a healthy portion of her face. Her clothing was simple, a black short top and green short legged overalls. Her black hair was down past her waist and tied in a pony tail. A streak of white ran through the hair on top of her head.

She had nothing else however, and she didnt seem lost to amy who looked at her. She had been traveling fr a while now. Never really staying in one place for to long. She had chosen to do so to help those in need after the attack from the angels and demons. But now she was looking to have a place she could call home again. Without actually having to go to her family home.

#3Jan Ren 

Well I'm Biased, So. [Crissandra] Empty Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:29 pm

Jan Ren
A minute passed. Then two then some more. And before he knew it, an hour has already gone by. Alone with his thoughts, Jan Ren assumed somewhat of a meditative state; taking his sweet time thinking, doing nothing but breathing. It was peaceful, an activity missed so as his busy days had gradually absor--

Yeah, no. He was dying of boredom. Ironic, how a Water Mage couldn't seem to find peace.

Promptly, the Sinese stood up, realizing the fault in his decisions. One was not to meddle where his expertise was missing; in this case, if you're not the type to loaf around, then don't. --Before he could formulate where he was headed after such an abrupt rise, blood rushing down from his head with the momentum took, the Sinese found out he had company; having rose from his post barely a meter away from some girl.

Her presence easily took him by surprise; "!?" Flinching shortly before regainin his posture, the young man inspected her briefly. Pale skin, riddled with burn marks. Black hair, accented with a rebelling white streak. Skimpy clothing, for lack of a better word; and a supposed immunity to the boy's attempts at reading her body language.

Cute. But surprisingly alarming, and a tad too young.

"Hello." The young man started, greeting the girl with his home country's traditional bow, lowering his head a little before straightening back up; flashing a friendly, welcoming and well-practiced smile at the stranger. "I, don't recall Jim having a daughter. Are you lost?"

#4Crissandra Clearwater 

Well I'm Biased, So. [Crissandra] Empty Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:37 pm

Crissandra Clearwater
Crissandra was spooked as she felt the grass just a meter away behind her and to the left move. She swallowed nervously as she stayed perfectly still. When she felt the sudden shift in the air of something moving, she didnt assume it was a friendly bow. Her first instinct was lash out with a backwards kick. She would turn then and go for a punch before stopping and seeing it was a person. She gasped and paniced.

"Oh my god oh my god! I'm so so sorry!" She said as she rushed over to make sure the person wasnt hurt. She had assumed it was an animal of some kind. She hadn't heard the mans question.

"I am so sorry, are you hurt?" She would grab him and check to make sure she didnt hurt him. She was small for her appearance age wise. But she was even younger then that concieering she was a woodelf and considered very young.

"I really hope I didn't hurt you. I didnt think there was a person there. I thought it was a snake or animal of some kind. Please forgive me." She bowed deeply her face a bright red from emberrestment

#5Jan Ren 

Well I'm Biased, So. [Crissandra] Empty Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:01 pm

Jan Ren
If anything, he wasn't exactly bored anymore. "BBFFPH--!!..."

A clean hit. Jan Ren took a solid hit to his stomach, staggering back a step; bent over and holding it with both hands. That, was the last thing he was prepared for. Who the hell greets someone with a donkey kick like that!!? Now, with his avertness from pain, this was awfully unpleasant to take. A solid surprise attack hit cleanly, almost beautifully(!!) if he wasn't on the receiving end. And yet... Appearances were important to keep. He was after all, at all times, a representative of Blue Pegasus. Keeping proper was of utmost priority.

"N-No... I'm," Of course I'm not okay, you kicked me in the stomach! God!! "p-perfectly fine! Really." He lied, forcing himself to muster a smile as he straightened up and patted the girl's shoulder to assure her a bit. The pain was gone rather quickly... But it was still fairly troublesome to stomach (pun intended).

"R-Rest easy, young lady!... Just, be careful next time." Jan Ren tried his best not to criticize the young woman in his mind, in light of low probability on a sudden animal attack from his experience with the farmlands. Though now, it's been drilled firmly into him; how different people hold different experiences.

Clearing his throat, the Sinese placed a hand behind his back and turned to face his company directly. "Don't feel bad. I may not look the part, but I could easily take another one of those." Without crying, probably. "But it was a very good kick."

#6Crissandra Clearwater 

Well I'm Biased, So. [Crissandra] Empty Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:19 pm

Crissandra Clearwater
She stepped back and followed in his polite gesture. She knew she had messed up, and had expected him to be mad. But he was calm. He was...nice. most people now find elves and non humans a bit hard to be around, at least that's what her experiences had taught her anyway. She listened as he spoke and nodded.

"R...right. I hope I wasnt to rude. I guess mama and papa were still a bit right. -she nervously giggled and rubbed her neck. She did so with a natural grace she was unaware she had. She was a youngling and it showed. She looked at the man and then sniffed the air. He smelled of cleaned cloths and a smell like fresh cut grass. But she was drawn closer to him. Her eyes closed ad she smelled deeply when she got close enough to rest her face on his chest. She breathed in and out. Before shaking and sneezing a bit as she backed away.

"Sinese spices. They smell amazing!y uncle brought back a ton of bags of the stuff to the village."

#7Jan Ren 

Well I'm Biased, So. [Crissandra] Empty Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:39 pm

Jan Ren
Mentioning her parents was indeed quite the giveaway. Jan Ren raised an eyebrow in surprise, realizing it woukd be futile to try get in line with the young girl's thought process. He acknowledged her to be young, though most kids around her age group weren't so quick to mention that. If he had a guess, it had to be a warning akin to 'be careful out there'. And then...

... UMMMM???

Flinching again, chest stuck out as he held his breath; uneasy with the position forced onto him. The Sinese was not used to being sniffed from this up close, definitely not. He would even dare say she was lucky to pick him to sniff, as his tolerance is what allowed that! Allegedly. Soon enough, he would be rewarded.

"You're absolutely right!!" Eyes lit up, smile widening naturally. The young man was genuinely pleased, giddy even, to meet someone who showed even remote familiarity with his home. In a way, this was a clear showcase of his homesick self. "Mhmm, mhmm!! Trade with Sin is surprisingly more common than I thought, too! Ah, what you're looking at here is a true original Sinese Qipao! Woven by hand by Sinese silk! What do you think? Beautiful, isn't it?" I wonder who's the real kid in this scenario.

"--Ah," He trailed off; despite probably being the most alive and hyped he'd come to display as of late, Jan Ren was quick to regain proper posture; though not shying away any from his passion. Grabbing gently at the girl's hands, bringing them together in glee. "You really got me there, twice. I'm Jan Ren from Blue Pegasus." He introduced, rather untimely. "You'd have to be the first person around to recognize Sin. Color me impressed, young lady. Would you mind if I asked for your name?"

#8Crissandra Clearwater 

Well I'm Biased, So. [Crissandra] Empty Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:09 pm

Crissandra Clearwater
She smiled fully and happily as he confirmed what her nose had told her. She giggled and stepped back a bit before she cleared her throat. Crissandra stood on her tip toes, and breathed in. The young woodelf would then speak in slightly broken sinese. It sounded like a young child trying to present to their teacher when they have no idea how to do so.

She wasnt exactly speaking. She was singing. It would be a bit rough but after a few notes her song was easily recognizable. It was a sinese children song, that one would learn at the age of 4 or 5. She smiled happily afterwards and fixed the rebellious white streak and looked up at the taller human. She looked like a little siblng would when they were trying to make their older sibling proud. "Well that depends! I have my elf name and my common name. But uncle said never to give my elf name unless it was truely important so.... I guess you can call me Crissandra!"

#9Jan Ren 

Well I'm Biased, So. [Crissandra] Empty Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:23 pm

Jan Ren
That odd attempt at Sinese flew rather well with him; as Jan Ren quickly recognized the song and, decided to tag along. As a Sinese himself, it was easy to assume he was well-familiar with the song, and while the quality of their voices was up for comparison, being a local allowed him better precision with the pitch and tonality, if anything. As the duo finished, the young girl smiling up to him, the young mage had to hold his impulse to affectionately rub the youngster's hair; though he would have, if he had at any point decided to let his manners off.

"Crissandra." He repeated, straightening himself and letting go of her hands; saying her name out loud as if to affirm to himself, acquiring at least the sound to recall later. He had to admit to his confusion over her 'elven name', though prying wouldn't be very welcoming now, would it? "I see. If so Crissandra, you better listen to what your uncle said." The young man adviced, bringing his hands together; interlocked and hidden under his wide sleeves.

"Are you hungry?" He asked, smiling at her still; slightly shifting his body away from her as he turned towards the faraway farmer's house. "I have a friend over there who has some high-quality cabbages."

Despite the courteous (and irresponsible) offer, Jan Ren couldn't shake off the idea. Her familiarity with Sinese culture, the oddly innocent attitude at what appeared to be early teens, and letting off 'elven name'. If his hypothesis was right, this would be the absolute first. But, with her hair firmly hiding any plausible evidence, he wouldn't dare jump the gun right away.

#10Crissandra Clearwater 

Well I'm Biased, So. [Crissandra] Empty Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:54 pm

Crissandra Clearwater
She giggled happily as he sang along. She smiled and listened as he spoke not breaking eye contact with him. As he complimented her on listening to her uncle she felt some pride well up in her. She hoped her uncle would appreciate her trying to find him. But as the man motioned the farm house Crissandra shook her head. She was young but she was still cautious. "W..well unfortunately I dont think I should... after everything that happened with the Angel's and demons. Non humans arent really looked at very well right now. And I dont want to cause ang trouble."

But at the moment she had a brilliant idea. She closed her eyes and allowed her nature magic to wash over them both. She wasnt casting g a real spell. But she was showing off a bit. She closed her eyes thinking and shaking a bit as a small seed appeared in her hand then sprange to life as a growing plant before finally flowering. Despite her innocent look, and her offer to hand it to the man. She did not know the full meaning of the red flower she handed to the sinese man. To her it was a pretty sinese flower she had seen in her uncle's book
"Here. For you mister....?"

#11Jan Ren 

Well I'm Biased, So. [Crissandra] Empty Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:14 pm

Jan Ren
He didn't quite expect her to turn off the offer, though in retrospect, it made sense. She was cautious enough to straight-up kick him in the gut on immediate greeting, after all. The mental image that sprang to mind was Farmer Jim sprawled on the floor, probably laying in a pool of stomach fluids; twitching as he took the youngling's full-powered strike. "(Yeah, that might be a bad idea...)"

With her confession, he was now convinced. While the Sinese was never there to witness whatever chaos ensued involving angels or demons or whatnot, he did hear tidbits about it in his time in Fiore. Not nearly well-versed enough in the subject to make assumptions, the Sinese simply let it be. Though already certain on his hypothesis, the following display was speaking just as loudly as a gesture; what with her magic in effect, Jan Ren was left to witness, wide-eyed, as the seed in the girl's hand bloomed into a flower he knew quite well. "This is..." He bent down some, inspecting the flower firsthand with his eyes before picking it up from her dainty hands.

Sniffing it lightly (elegantly if I do say so myself), closing his eyes. Memories. Flashbacks. It took him back. "It's a real Meia flower. You got it right now, again." Yearly did the Meia flower bloom around Sin, its red color symbolizing Resolution. Faith. A warm feeling rose in his chest as the black-haired tucked a strand behind his ear, laughing lightly before finally patting lightly at the girl's head. "Thank you, Crissandra. It's very beautiful." He should have done that sooner. The evidence was right there, literally beneath his fingers' reach.

"I should consider myself lucky. Not every day do I get to meet such a charming young elf."

#12Crissandra Clearwater 

Well I'm Biased, So. [Crissandra] Empty Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:22 pm

Crissandra Clearwater
She instinctually blushed as he accepted the gift and complimented her once again. She was still a child after all and to her this mans kind words meant the world to her. In a time where she knew if she returned home shed never be allowed to leave, and having no one on the outside world who cared for her besides her uncle, who was missing, she was alone in the wide world she found herself in. She felt him enjoy the flower as she giggled.

But when he touched her head, she would nuzzle into the contact as a kitten or puppy would. She was craving contact and had been without for quite some time. It was easy to tell now this close that she had been living outside for a while now. She didnt smell, but it was obvious she hadn't taken a civilized bath in some time. Her hair was dusty with dirt and her skin was dusty as well. At this proximity, he could also tell that the burn scars she had went all over her body. She looked up at the you g man as he called her an elf. Her only response being a nod as she blushed and seemed to be in a bit of a daze. "Um...i...I'm glad you like it! I...I hope it's a good flower. I know they all have meaning but I do t remember what that one means. Only that it was very pretty in my uncles books"

#13Jan Ren 

Well I'm Biased, So. [Crissandra] Empty Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:40 pm

Jan Ren
Ever careful (and perhaps sly even), Jan Ren didn't dare mention the scars even once during the conversation; acknowledging their existence, and this girl's supposed suffering in their backlash. He could only imagine this would be a sensitive subject for such a young-minded girl, especially one who so blatantly was... Homeless, for lack of a better word. Up close, he could take in the light scent of pollen from her clothes; taking to assume, with the dirt and dryness in her hair, that the young lady hasn't seen a civilized home in a long while. Which made it even more appealing to invite her to the farmer's home, but alas.

He chuckled, bending down a bit again to meet her eye-to-eye. "Are you curious?" He asked, rhetorically. Taking her hand in his and gently placing the flower in her palm. "Meia is Sin's national flower. Its typical petal arrangement tells of the country's values. The red flower matches tells of Sunrise, and the flower symbolizes resolution and faith. They say the founder of Sin liked this flower very much." He went on, bombarding her with information but trying to explain calmly, the same way he was taught when he was barely 5 or 6 years old.

That sure took him back.

"In other words," After letting Crissandra feel the flower for herself for a little, he snatched it from her hands again and placed it over his Qipao's third button. "It's the best flower! Your uncle was right to show it to you!" He boasted, ever-proud of his heritage.

--That said. "Though for an elf to show herself out of the blue like that. I really am wondering, what are you looking for all the way out here?" --There was still that lingering question from, before he was kicked.

#14Crissandra Clearwater 

Well I'm Biased, So. [Crissandra] Empty Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:52 pm

Crissandra Clearwater
He bent down further. And her eyes followed. Constantly staying locked on his. She answered with a happy nod as he then grabbed her hand gently. So gently in fact she barely registered it as a touch. She had a good early life. But she had seen her fair share of pain. After leaving and traveling. She had seen alot more, it was part of the reason she held her hair the way she did to hide her ears. It wasnt the physical punishment she didnt like, she was tough and her uncle had taught her well. What really made her on edge was the looks people gave her after learning she was an elf. They were all sorts. But none were ever happy to see her at first. They saw her ears and that colored their perception of her.

But this man before her was so kind. He touched her hand and she instantly knew he would never bring harm to her. She wasnt sure why but she was sure of it. As he explained the flower, and let her have the chance to play with its soft petals, she felt at home. Back at her uncle's workshop. But then out of the blue while she was enraptured in his info, he stole the flower back from her. She was angry and shocked st first. Before he placed it on his dressings and complimented her uncle. She burst out laughing and giggling as she did. She slowly composed herself and answered him.

"W..well... my uncle went on what he called a Great Hunt. He goes to conquer the hardest challenge a mortal can. He loved pushing himself so he was always off doing something dangerous." She spoke about him with a kind and happy tone. "Buthe didnt come back when he normally does. So i...." she grew hesitant "I ran away from my village to find him."

#15Jan Ren 

Well I'm Biased, So. [Crissandra] Empty Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:08 pm

Jan Ren
Jan Ren completed the story on his own, mentally. Hearing that her uncle went off on some sort of adventure, if he had the leniency to call it that; gave birth to another assumption, that being inferring the young girl's state. He mused to himself, face growing serious as he listened to her story. Crossing his arms in thought; "So, you've been out here ever since, looking for your uncle." He inferred. Ran away from my village? That was one part that he didn't fully understand.

Regardless, this was a classic woman needing help! His serious expression taking a lighter tone as the Sinese deliberately laid easy, arms slumping by the sides of his body. This girl... If she's been out on her own like this for a while now, it easily meant she could fend for herself in some way. Be it cunning, survival skill or her surprising magic power. Yet, her mind felt very much innocent, like a genuine child. Jan Ren couldn't help but wonder, if her uncle was even still in Fiore.

"I would think," The Sinese started; deciding to give his personal input, "Your village ought to support your uncle's decision. All wishes are to be respected in their own right." He would announce; the inevitable image jumping to mind. Jan Ren's own motivation was just as worthy: yes, he was just as worthy of a cute girlfriend as any other guy who got one! --"So then. Why would you 'run away'?" That said, Jan Ren was still very much oblivious to Elven ways. Entirely so, in fact.

#16Crissandra Clearwater 

Well I'm Biased, So. [Crissandra] Empty Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:19 pm

Crissandra Clearwater
She looked away, as if ashamed to tell the story. She grabbed her left elbow and rubbed her arm nervously. She didnt know how to explain. "My village... doesnt like it when we leave. The elders forbid any pure blood elf from leaving the village. That's why my uncle could come and go. Hes only half an elf. They forced him to love on the edge of te village. But he loved it. He loved the freedom." She let go of her arm and looked at the man. "But i... I didnt tell them I was leaving to find my uncle. I knew they wouldnt let me and would have kept me there. That's why I cant go back till I find my uncle."

She said this with a hope and fire in her eyes. She was young but her uncle had obviously instilled in her a strong and wild way of living. She went to speak again. But sudden and very loud growl of her stomuch filled the air. Her face blushed bright red even under her scar and she looked away. "I..I'm sorry! I havnt eaten yet today. I..I'll go and let you finish your what ever you were doing."

#17Jan Ren 

Well I'm Biased, So. [Crissandra] Empty Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:48 pm

Jan Ren
He pondered over her words for a bit, taking in her story at face value. Trying not to form opinions, but rather questions. "I see." He affirmed, nodding as he held at his chin in thought; "So your elders tried to keep the village pure..." He inferred, engaged in the story. Active listening. He wasn't exactly pulling it off for manipulation in any way, but merely as a way to show he was to be trusted at the very least. Noticing (if not from her words, then) from the way Crissandra carried herself, that the subject was sensitive and not quite an easy one to delve in.

Several questions formulated in his head, mainly one concerning her uncle. If he was allowed to come and go as he pleased, he saw the world outside for what it was far more than the other elves. A point he took to wonder over was, how come her uncle was a half-elf, but her father wasn't. Contrast to the young girl, Jan Ren was unaware of the other's cultural habits and traditions.

His train of thought was cut off as his eyes widened a little at the rumbling sound, failing to contain a light chuckle. He'd already offered her a meal at his friend's house, but he had to respect her wishes to stay, cautious for the while. If so... "Yes, well. A girl your age has got to eat..." He started, formulating a plan. "Why don't I help you find something to eat?" The Sinese offered, once more taking a gentler approach; patting the girl's shoulder to assure her there was nothing to be ashamed of.

"It's not as if I was doing anything in the first place. Consider this my treat."

...That said.

While his residence was a way away, he could at least show her to the inn in which the young man was staying. Seating her by one of the two chairs present at the small room, Jan Ren inspected the contents of his cabinets. It was an average-sized room, a single bed present on one end and a table with two chairs by the other. Few cabinets and a closet to allow regulars to stay for long periods of time. Holding at his chin with a finger and a thumb, he wondered; slightly ashamed at his ignorance. "Uhh... ...What do Elves eat regularly...?" Was it okay cooking meat? Or just vegetables?

#18Crissandra Clearwater 

Well I'm Biased, So. [Crissandra] Empty Thu May 07, 2020 11:54 am

Crissandra Clearwater
Crissandra was quickly dragged along bt the man to his inn. It took a minute, but she didnt protest. She stil;l felt safe with him, and wasnt about to reject him taking her where he was going to. The sight of the inn made her a little nervous, knowing other humans would be nearby. But she knew her ears were hidden, and that this man would protect her. She was soon in his room, sitting on one of the 2 chairs. the wooden table was smooth under her grip. "Wow... its so smooth... what magic did they use to make it so shiny, Mister Ren?"

She looked at the table more, tracing her hands and fingers over the pattern in the wood. "This is beautiful sir. Ive never seen anything like this before. Despite her uncles best efforts, he wasnt allowed to bring things like tables from the outside world back into the village border. She had seen other tables before, but they were beer, blood, and time stained bar tables. She felt her ears tingle and she quickly turned away as she sneezed with the force of a pixie, while making the same kind of noise. "E...excuse me! Im so very sorry about that."

#19Jan Ren 

Well I'm Biased, So. [Crissandra] Empty Thu May 07, 2020 12:22 pm

Jan Ren
"--Ah, Jan Ren is fine." She managed to raise a smile on his face with just that question and sneeze. It was adorable, how obviously amazed she was at the sight. Seems that wood Elves really were detached from human culture, so much so that even a simple table would amaze her. He had to take note of that, still wondering what to prepare for her. The issue at hand also happened to be the relative lack of ingredients present...

"Heheh. It's a special type of magic called..." The Sinese put on a devious smile, turning his head to the young girl. A bit of playfulness wouldn't hurt, right? "...Lacquer." Yes, lacquer. "It's a special technique humans have cultivated over years of trial and error. It can turn even the most rough surfaces smooth and harmless!" Never in his life, did Jan Ren think the day would come in which he would praise lacquer. But with such a naive mind present, how could he resist?

He'd have to let her know it's just simple tools later.

"--Crissandra, I'm guessing you've never actually spoke with humans before, have you?" The Sinese asked, turning away from her once more; grabbing a few vegetables (once he made up his mind) and started chopping them over the table. Snacks will be served soon.

#20Crissandra Clearwater 

Well I'm Biased, So. [Crissandra] Empty Wed May 13, 2020 10:11 am

Crissandra Clearwater
She gasped as he explained the strange magic of Lacquer. "Lacquer...Lacquer? Lacqueeeeeeer" She played with the word, saying it as many different ways as she could. It was a technique her uncle had taught her to memories the word. She smiled as he explained it. "Well I bet It cant stop my magic." she slammed her hands against the table without a second though and poured her nature magic into the table. it cause the Lacquer to shift and seemingly bubble before it was shattered into a Lacquer-dust. the table, despire being just the wood, had suddenly transformed into a miniature flower garden. flowers of all different shapes and designs and origins sprang forth from the table/ .

Crisandra giggles at it and stood proudly. Her magic had over powered the human magic that covered the table and to her the table looked even better now. She looked up at Jan and smiled. "See? I over powered it with my magic! and now you have these beautiful flowers!" she leaned in and smelled them as she closed her eyes and for a moment was back in her uncles house. He had collected all kinds of flowers and had extracted strange substances from each and every one.

#21Jan Ren 

Well I'm Biased, So. [Crissandra] Empty Wed May 13, 2020 10:41 am

Jan Ren
"--Wait, what?" Before Jan Ren could stop her, the young Elf decided to work her magecraft upon the table, effectively turning it into a beautiful flower garden. And then laid bare, the opposing side to fooling a kid. Ah, right. She has no idea, huh. Eyes widened as he stared at the lacquer literally dusting away, the wooden table becoming beautiful. It smelled great, definitely, and fact Crissandra was so proud of herself for triumphing over human magic was, cute. Admittedly.

But... "Y-Yeah! Good job!" He pulled a smile, hoping to all that is good that this was reversible. Oh boy, what was he going to tell the inn's owner about that? And worse. How will he explain this to Alisa?? Pondering about it might be too soon! The Sinese steeled his mind, realizing not all was lost. "That's great, Crissandra!" He praised; "But without the table... Where are we going to eat?" He asked, rhetorically of course.

It might be that Wood Elves-- nay, it was certain that Wood Elves didn't need any surface to eat over. No need for a knife and fork, or plates. Being oblivious to her world in its entirety, the young man could only assume. Forget the lacquer, he could definitely get by escaping without the inn owner knowing. But he'd probably have to deal with this earlier than later. It was, his fault after all... "W-Well! You've proven nature is stronger than the humans' lacquer! ...But I think whoever made this table wouldn't like it if his work was destroyed, right?" Still chopping up vegetables, Jan Ren could only hope it'll work. At least to prevent future occurrences like this.

Oh boy.

Well I'm Biased, So. [Crissandra] 2_1
Clickey for sheety
#22Crissandra Clearwater 

Well I'm Biased, So. [Crissandra] Empty Tue May 19, 2020 7:50 pm

Crissandra Clearwater
She blushed a bit but nodded seeing his point. Despite being as young as she was by elf standards, she was rather well behaved for a child of human years. She couldnt undo what she had done but she could at least pay for it to be fixed. She reached into her small leather bag and pulled out a fist full of jewels. It was obvious this girl had no idea how much money she actually had on her. She pushed her fist forward to show Jan. "Will this be enough to fix it? I hope I didnt cause too much damage..."

Crissandra blushed softly, a bit ashamed of herself as she offered to pay to fix any damages. She looked down and away from Jan's gaze. Her uncle would have called her on it, laughed at her for being such a easy person to manipulate and before he would hug her and treat her to a proper explanation he would ruffle her hair. In all aspects he treated her like a boy. There wasnt any place in her uncle's heart for lies.

She herself was still young, and hadn't even gotten. Out of the basic style an infant would wear.

#23Jan Ren 

Well I'm Biased, So. [Crissandra] Empty Tue May 19, 2020 8:02 pm

Jan Ren
Yep. It was quite clear this girl didn't understand much when it came to handling Jewels. The coinsome she held in her hand couldn't even begin to cover the magic that was 'lacquer'. Though at least her previous caretaker (probably) was responsible enough to hand her this much, to take care of herself. Jan Ren looked down at her fist, then to the young elf's cheeks; watching her face reddening. He had a rather nasty thought; if any bad guild happened to find her, she'd be in for some trouble, definitely. Gullible as she struck him, it was a definite possibility... "Ahh-hah..." He smiled awkwardly, laughing a bit. "You leave this to me. I'll handle the damage repair." He said, prompting to take responsibility for her mistake.

...If any bad guild happened to find her, huh.

"--Hey, Crissandra." The thought only crossed his mind, but it was worth a shot. And in some small retrospect, it made some proper sense too. Turning back, he finished cutting the vegetables and served them properly on top of a plate he took out from a cabinet, handing it to the youngster to munch on for now. "What would you think of working with me?" He asked;

Honestly, the question wasn't too spontaneous. She was a lone girl, far too innocent (in his impression) to leave be alone. If the world would be cruel to her, he'd feel terrible, and it was bound to be. On top of that, "Triumphing over human magic aside, your talent really is impressive! We could use this kind of liveliness in our guild. Everyone will be happier with your flowers around." It's true. He was certain Alisa would be happy too, if he brought someone like her so familiar with nature. It'd be a great upgrade to the already-impressive gardens!

"What do you think? ...Would you like to join our guild?"

Clickey for sheety
#24Crissandra Clearwater 

Well I'm Biased, So. [Crissandra] Empty Tue May 19, 2020 8:20 pm

Crissandra Clearwater
Crissandra eagerly munched on the veggies. She had taken the plate and eagerly emptied it. But as she ate the man seemed to think, then speak. His words didnt really make too much sense at first but she would only ask what a guild was. Once she had her answer she would think for a little bit.

"I dont know... my uncle said the guilds were... the guilds were bad guys. They only existed to stop people like us from having a proper meal. But... you've been nothing but really nice to me." She got quiet again and soon after stood up. She looked at him and then opened up a small bag on her waist. It was a dried flower bag. The flower she gave him would be an elven breed. One meant to show trust and honesty.

"This flower.... doesnt have a name in your language. But... in elvish its" she spoke but it didnt sound like words. It sounded like tree bark being cut away, like leaves being brushed aside by the wind. "The flower represents trust... and... honesty in ones words. If you really think the guild would be a good place for me... and if you believe in the guild... then I'll believe too."

#25Jan Ren 

Well I'm Biased, So. [Crissandra] Empty Tue May 19, 2020 8:31 pm

Jan Ren
Truth be told, Jan Ren was a little anxious to make that offer. It wouldn't be the first person he'd recruit to the guild, but Crissandra was an odd case. He had no doubt fellow guildmates would grow to like her, though was he right to try sway her into that life? She was right, some people were more on the chaotic side of things. Fortunately, he could trust his Master on that regard. Now he only needed her acceptance, which she seemed to hand out rather quickly; lifting the tension away from the Sinese, his smile growing wider and brighter.

"A-Ahh. I see." Seriously, how do you make that sound?? The flower was entirely foreign to him, within good reason. He'd never seen it before, and for an Elf to reveal it surely meant something beyond simple eagerness. The young man had decided to take it in the meaning the flower itself, represented. "Trust and honesty, huh." It was almost poetic. "Alright. Then true to it, I'll make you a promise."

Lightly moving his hand to her head, he granted a soft pat. "In our guild, you can eat as much as you want! Ours will never be out to disturb you or anyone else. I promise to hold true to this Elven flower." He declared, almost enthusiastically. Another thought crossed his mind; if this flower had no name, but was now revealed to the Human world. Why not give it a name?

...In due time, maybe. "So let me be the first to say this." In due time. Now all that was left... Is bringing her to Alisa to bring the official mark.

"Welcome to Blue Pegasus, Crissandra!!"

-EXIT-

Clickey for sheety

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum