Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Beacon of Opportunity [Conquest]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Akihiko 

Beacon of Opportunity [Conquest] Empty Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:17 pm

Akihiko
“There doesn’t seem to be anyone around,” Akihiko stated. “This is perfect.” Currently, he was scoping out the area from the top of a mountain. He had done so regularly every hour just to be on the safe side. With all the crazy shit that has been happening lately, Sterling wanted to be sure that he wouldn’t wound up dead in his sleep. The sound of the creatures that lurked in the night could be heard throughout the mountains; however, this did not faze Akihiko. He’d grown accustomed to the sounds and his innate survival instincts made it easier for him to move during the night. He fed on whatever critter the mountains had thrown at him, some bigger than others.

“I should turn in,” he said, as he walked over to the little hut he had made himself out of sticks and leaves. Before going inside, Akihiko caught a glimpse of a bright light coming from another mountain. It was a beacon that lit up the night sky. Naturally, he was inclined to check it out to determine whether or not the person operating it posed a threat. So, he picked up his steel sword and prepared himself for yet another crazy adventure. Sterling couldn’t find a shortcut to the mountain with the beacon, so he had to come up with another plan. By looking around, he realized that there was a rocky stairwell that led to the top of the mountain.

Akihiko descended the mountain where he was at, doing well not to move too fast or else it could cost him his life. Once he reached the bottom, he approached the rocky stairwell and estimated how far up it went. “This is going to be a pain,” he said, as he took his first couple steps. The stairwell was surprisingly sturdy and well-built, which meant it was likely man-made. The obvious question popped into Akihiko’s head at that time. ”Who would build a set of stairs up a mountain, and why?” he thought to himself. As far as he knew, the area was supposed to be deserted due to a high concentration of monsters in the area.

“Halfway,” he said.

#2Akihiko 

Beacon of Opportunity [Conquest] Empty Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:25 pm

Akihiko
As Akihiko grew closer and closer to the top of the mountain, a nasty odor caught his nose. It smelt like something was burning, although he had no idea what it could possibly be. Not only that, but smoke could also be seen coming from the top of the mountain. Sterling began to run up the steps until a dome-shaped house made of stone came into view. “A workshop?” he said. Akihiko approached the house cautiously with his sword drawn. Two people stepped outside the house, a boy and girl, holding weapons in their hands.

“We are Hephaestus’ aides. Heed our warning and turn back now,” they said sternly. Right after them came a big, white bald man with a ridiculously long beard. The man was covered in dirt, so much so that you could smell it in the air. He took one big pull from his pipe as he sized Akihiko up and down. The man looked down at the children and gave them a good clobbering right on their noggins. “Excuse them. They have no home-training,” the man said with his booming voice. “My name is Hephaestus, and I own this workshop.” Akihiko could sense that these people meant no harm, so he sheathed his sword. “I noticed your beacon from that mountain over there. That’s quite the target, wouldn’t you say?” he said pointing towards the mountain. Hephaestus let out a jolly laugh as him and his aides returned inside the house. “Come on in, boy. I’ll get ya something to eat,” he said.

The inside of the house looked completely different from the outside. Most of the furniture was made out of wood and every nook and cranny was spotless as far as he could tell. There were scented candles lit around the house, probably to get rid of the burning smell. Akihiko and the aides took a seat at the dining table as Hephaestus went to the kitchen. “I grew up in these mountains since I was a child, and never in my time have I encountered a monster,” Hephaestus said calmly. “They don’t come near here because of the burning smell outside. The beacon just serves as a signal for lost travelers.” Hephaestus walked back to the dining table carrying a bowl of chicken soup and handed it to Akihiko. “So, what brings you here?” he continued.

Sterling began to eat the chicken soup before answering Hephaestus’ question. After all, this was the first decent meal he’s had within the last 24 hours. He wiped his mouth then said, “Nothing in particular.” Once he had his fill, Akihiko set the bowl aside and looked around the house some more. There were armor plates, helms, and weapons towards the back of the room. “Ah, so you’re a blacksmith. It all makes sense now,” he said laughingly. The first thought that came to his mind was the fact that this old man’s workshop was a hotspot. If he were to make armory and weaponry for Sentinel Syndicate, that would be extremely useful. “Say Hephaestus, what do you think about having your workshop reside within my guild’s territory? You’ll still be able to act independently and do whatever you please. All I ask if that you lend us your skills. In return, I will personally fend off the monsters within the area – that way lost travelers won’t be in danger's way.” Akihiko said. This was the best way to persuade Hephaestus seeing that he cared so much for people.

Hephaestus pondered the idea with his aides before finally coming to an answer. “Doesn’t sound too bad. However, my one condition is that you gotta pay a visit from time to time,” Hephaestus said with a smile. “You’re not too bad, kid.” With that being said, Hephaestus offered Akihiko a place to stay for the night, but he politely declined the offer and took his leave.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum